Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will the Redmen win their first home game of the season?

Yes - easy 3 points
      71 (92.2%)
      Draw - points dropped
      3 (3.9%)
      Lose - surely not !
      3 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pre Match: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth Mon 17th August 20:00 KO

Read 24374 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Re: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth Mon 17th August 20:00 KO
      Reply #115: Aug 15, 2015 10:17:11 pm
      I want to see us from the first minute attempt to destroy them.Coming to Anfield should mean pain and we should inflict it on a team like Bournemouth. I want tos ee positivity onmonday by all of the lads. i feel confident this season will be special. For Brendan to come through these years it has to make him stronger and wiser this is the year
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #116: Aug 16, 2015 07:19:17 am
      Poll added...

They are all big games...doesn't matter if we're playing City or Bournemouth, it's the 3 points that count !!

Come on you mighty reds !!
      Get three points that count,play your heart out,thats all that matters.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #117: Aug 16, 2015 09:14:17 am
      Wont be easy at all. I think BR will play the same team again to ensure we control the midfield and not let Bournemouth in.
      I fear that we wont offer much going forward unless we can get one of Milner/Hendo to push more forward jn support of Coutinho.
      Most teams know Phil is our biggest threat so no doubt he will be closely marked. I just hope BR will change formation when he sees a change is needed and not wait too long.
      Going for a 2-0 win for us.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #118: Aug 16, 2015 09:45:09 am
      Wont be easy at all. I think BR will play the same team again to ensure we control the midfield and not let Bournemouth in.
      I fear that we wont offer much going forward unless we can get one of Milner/Hendo to push more forward jn support of Coutinho.
      Most teams know Phil is our biggest threat so no doubt he will be closely marked. I just hope BR will change formation when he sees a change is needed and not wait too long.
      Going for a 2-0 win for us.
      Would love to see Firmino and Lallana playing wide and making some wing breakthroughs.
      Hopefully i will see Markovic playing too,fella deserves his chance.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #119: Aug 16, 2015 09:56:38 am
      Cmon u reds 3-0 benteke with two and the little magic man with the other , enjoy the game cas : )
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #120: Aug 16, 2015 11:17:57 am
      :o

Nice way to destroy his confidence after a good display against Stoke! If anything, Skrtel should be dropped as he was much more shoddy - his inability to even utter one syllable nearly fu**ed up the defence against Stoke.

It was a major failing of last season - nobody speaking to each other. Apparently, this is one of the strengths of O' Driscoll - can't remember who but an ex-Wales international said communication amongst the team was one of his key emphasis on the training field. Lovren was shouting and balling all match - great to see. Skrtel looked like a wallflower in comparison - expect much more from a player of his experience.

Good?

He wasn't "good". He just wasn't his usual crap self.

One non-sh*te performance from Lovren and you're laying in to our best defender the past 3 seasons claiming he should be dropped. How's that for destroying someone's confidence?

And Lovren wouldn't have even played if Sakho was available.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #121: Aug 16, 2015 11:23:11 am
      Cliff notes from the presser.

Injury update:

Everyone is fine, players out on track to be back soon.

Balotelli, Borini, Lucas futures:

Natural at this stage of the season there'll be moves for certain players. Everyone knows where they stand within the squad. Will be moves for the players that want to go and play football.
      Side question about the window being open into the season and Rodgers reckons it should close before hand.

Liverpool played a more direct style of football against Stoke, is it a sign of things to come?

"Last time I spoke I said it's about the unpredictability of our game. It's about finding the different ways or solutions to win the game. We've brought in good players to give us that variety. The core ideas are the same though." Goes on to speak well of Eddie Howe and Bournemouth.

Firmino scored hat trick during the week in a training match, how far away is from playing?

Trains to the max every day, coming along very well. Very nice guy too. Very close.

Danny Ings came very close to his debut, idea to make his debut at Anfield against Bournemouth?

Players know it will be difficult as there's only one game per week. Unlikely to change much until games come thick and fast (after international breaks). Good for players like Danny to have behind closed door games.

Rodgers goes on to say how they trained at Anfield on Friday night. Important for the players to do so, to get acquainted with such a special ground. Need our home form to be second to none this season.

Jon Flanagan update:

Don't want to put any pressure on him. He's very talented, don't want to rush him back but he's working hard to be back sooner than predicted.

Is there any set way you galvanise the team?

Finding a common cause that they can fight for. We'll always find way to do so, between myself and the coaching staff. Most of this is done on the training field. Social bonding also helps.

Moreno & Markovic see themselves on the peripheries now,is this a time where you can see their character their reactions?

For the first time especially being so young they might find themselves not being a regular starter. They'll be needed, it's a long season. When the opportunity comes they will have to take it.

Gomez had a very good debut, is he a fixture in the side or will you be taking him out?

He's a very good player. I wanted to assess where he is, see where is pathway is, whether he needed a loan or not.  He's got the flexibility and qualities to play three different positions. Adds a lot to the squad especially being so young.
      Very good performance especially against someone like Walters. He's only 18, but surprised by his maturity. He recognises his opportunity. He chose Liverpool as he felt we offered him the best chance at improving.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #122: Aug 16, 2015 11:29:38 am
      Keep the back four the same, they were solid last week and we need a bit of stability back there. As much as I think Sakho's our best CB, he's just going to have to wait for an opportunity to come up.

Can and Firmino should come in for Lallana and Ibe. Firmino is going to get nowhere fitness wise with just 20-30 minutes here and there so start him and when he tires bring Ibe on to run at tired defenders. Can needs to come in to free Milner and Henderson and let them do what they do best.

With some tough away games coming up it's crucial we get off to a good start at home so come on you Reds!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4944 
      Reply #123: Aug 16, 2015 11:36:26 am
      And Lovren wouldn't have even played if Sakho was available.

Disagree.

Lovren was being set up to start during pre season.

Sakho's first game will be the EL game.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #124: Aug 16, 2015 11:40:58 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #125: Aug 16, 2015 12:48:45 pm

He must have been having a bad hair day....didn't want to be photographed :D
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #126: Aug 16, 2015 01:18:49 pm
      I agree, especially seeing how Rodgers spoke recently about having the same philosophy and that nothings changed. Whether it's a DM or DLPM, I still feel they are similar, the only huge difference for me is one is more creative and the other is more defensive, but essentially, they patrol the defensive areas and keep the play ticking.

Agreed. We missed a Souness or Masch type of player in midfield that can command or dictate play in midfield. When we kept knocking the ball around in midfield like a pinball machine suggests that we don't have a plan offensive pattern, much left to looking out for openings instead of creating openings.   I suspect BR may not know what is his best combo in midfield. In summary, we need a midfielder who is very strong defensively and is able switch to offensive fast.
      KINGBRENDEN
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #127: Aug 16, 2015 01:27:47 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: HELLO FELLOW SCOUSERS!!!! LONG LIVE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WIN ISTANBUL 2005!!! LONG LIVE BENITEZ!!   xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Phew, i finally got that out of the way. Im pooping my cherry with this first post. I thank you all for the warm welcome and greeting. First things first, im so delighted with the signing Breden has done. Marvelous coups in the market. I think Ings and beneteke and Borini will be firing liverpool to ma champions league spot.

I just hope Lucas can be fit to play this season. He is so crucial to our back 5. WC player playing under a WC manager. We should get the best out of him if he stays fit.

Also like to say if we can keep steven henderson around the club for a few more years we will have an amazing chance to win the league next year. My biggest concern this year is trying to finish above arsenal. They are the inform team. United look shaky at the back, not worried about them and city just lack creativity.

I hope we beat Arsenal next week, but i have to say everytime we play them we look weak in the legs. Maybe its because of that mesmerizing theo run that killed Mashc's career at liverpool, :f_steam: but i feel their legs tremble with fear when he shows up. We need to step up and stand up tall. We need 3 pts vs them.

To end my first post, i would like to say YNWA and i will alwyas be there by your side. LONG LIVE KING BRENDEN! LOVE YOU BOO!

KB
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #128: Aug 16, 2015 02:04:26 pm
      How on earth does Lovren deserve to be in the first-team and Sakho doesnt. It's just mind-boggling, just because the coach wants him to justify his transfer fee, that doesn't mean he should start every game. Hopefully Bournemouth won't test us too much.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #129: Aug 16, 2015 02:17:53 pm
      There's more to it than just Brendan wanting to justify the money spent on Lovren because he spent 18m on Sakho. I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't tried Sakho and Lovren together, wasn't it said that Lovren's ability to speak French was one of the reasons for buying him as he could communicate with Mignolet and Sakho?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #130: Aug 16, 2015 04:00:56 pm
      How on earth does Lovren deserve to be in the first-team and Sakho doesnt. It's just mind-boggling, just because the coach wants him to justify his transfer fee, that doesn't mean he should start every game. Hopefully Bournemouth won't test us too much.

Against Stoke, after a re-watch, he was our best player on the day.  That justifies him keeping his place.

Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #131: Aug 16, 2015 05:04:18 pm
      I am hoping to block of the time at work, so that I can watch the stream of the game on Monday. I think we will start strong and win the first home game.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #132: Aug 16, 2015 06:48:36 pm
      He must have been having a bad hair day....didn't want to be photographed :D

He should borrow some nivea gel from Lallana, Cou or Martin. Can't help but squirm when see those ads, Adam stroking his 'beard', and Skyrtel rubbing cream into his tattoos...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #133: Aug 16, 2015 06:49:00 pm
      Would start same XI against Bournemouth except start Can for Lallana. Couple of goals would be just the ticket, with Benteke getting off the mark. Cmon boys...
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #134: Aug 16, 2015 07:19:02 pm
      Highlights from the last outing against them in the League Cup last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QdBClboSOA

MsGerrard
      Reply #135: Aug 16, 2015 09:21:34 pm
      Cmon u reds 3-0 benteke with two and the little magic man with the other , enjoy the game cas : )

Cheers hun I intend to  ;D

MsGerrard
      Reply #136: Aug 16, 2015 09:26:42 pm
      xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: HELLO FELLOW SCOUSERS!!!! LONG LIVE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WIN ISTANBUL 2005!!! LONG LIVE BENITEZ!!   xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Also like to say if we can keep steven henderson around the club for a few more years we will have an amazing chance to win the league next year. My biggest concern this year is trying to finish above arsenal. They are the inform team. United look shaky at the back, not worried about them and city just lack creativity.

Who is this Steven Henderson you speak of?  >:D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #137: Aug 16, 2015 09:28:08 pm
      First home game, F***ing love it! Let's make a statement that Anfield will be a fortress this season!

Quick Reply