Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      35 (25.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (5.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      19 (13.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      57 (41%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: Aug 22, 2015 10:01:46 pm

Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 47274 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 342 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #644: Aug 17, 2015 10:20:11 pm
      We will play better than this, I'm convinced of that, so to get 6 points and two clean sheets while still bedding in new players is a massive plus for me.

Also grinding our 1-0 is something we criticise Brendan for not being able to do at times so another positive.

Yeah that's the thing, right there.  Yes, we were jammy, yes we were patchy and poor at times, but we came up with the points, and the new guys, are doing a damn fine job for us.  Lovren, dare I say it, did well for me after a wobbly start.
      What happened to Hendo? Anybody know?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Bournemouth
      Reply #645: Aug 17, 2015 10:20:30 pm
      It was in anwser to Hollywood Balls's "Benteke is fitting in great"....he as had two goodish games, scored a goal that should not have stood. Miss a sitter. can't in all honesty say he is fitting in as yet... some encouraging signs though... As for this game stuey i believe said all the Liverpool supporters would take 38 1-0, and as I replied I don't think my heart or blood pressure would take it... But in truth I knew this would not be a easy game, Bournemouth are a well drilled team, and are fearless. A good win for us
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #646: Aug 17, 2015 10:20:44 pm
      Then you really underestimate me, i know who Volland is also and who Sule is, both playing at them, know how Salihovic kept Firmino on the bench initially but he took his place when he was sold in China. I think i know alot more football in general than you for an example, i could tell you good players even from FC Darmstadt.

That's a lovely summation of the Hoffenheim wikipedia page.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #647: Aug 17, 2015 10:20:55 pm
      Said it on Friday night on the Premier League thread but these games are becoming all too common in the Premier League. For Liverpool's two 1-0 wins, look at Manchester United's two 1-0 wins. Why is that? Both sides have spent loads and we have quality. But what it does remind me of is AVB's Tottenham from two years ago when they spent shitloads on Lamela, Soldado etc and generally meandered and stumbled their way through victories and results before an almighty destruction BY US at White Hart Lane (one of my all time top 3 PL games - beautiful memories). The Premier League's grotesque spending power is causing clubs like us and Manchester United to gorge ourselves each summer and in the process with the numerous ins and outs we're disrupting the settlement and playing identity of our squads and as such we're seeing fractured, ugly matches like this.

Despite all the money coming in, the excess is ruining this league and we're falling for it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #648: Aug 17, 2015 10:21:01 pm
      I'm not at all full of sh*t, i'm just stating the facts about Firmino and his team Hoffenheim, he is a very good attacking player, but don't expect from him to track back alot. We should use his qualities first, not trying to convert him in something he isnt.

I thought he had the best stats for regaining possession last season?  Sure I've seen the stat posted somewhere.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #649: Aug 17, 2015 10:21:26 pm
      We have too many players showing up for 20 minutes a game.

Not sure what it is with Can, but I'm not convinced of his footballing brain. Sure he'll work hard, but he's just as likely to be out of position, mistime a tackle, or be ball watching. Not sure anyone (including him) knows his best position.

Central defence is going to cost us this season, and I'm starting to think Skittles is as much to blame as anyone who might be playing alongside him. Always seems to be a lack of communication there, regardless of who plays.

Midfield is so wrong for me. Henderson Milner/Can gives us legs but not much else; though I think this is more to do with the formation played. Honestly believe our two poor performances so far have been down to us adopting the 4-2-3-1 formation (away and at home).

Seemingly no objective to our play, no fluency, disjointed, and yet 2 wins out of 2.

That said, if a Bournemouth fan had said to me you were lucky and should have lost that 0-1, I couldn't really argue.

Must improve but I think that won't happen until we drop the current formation and play 4-3-3 or something. Perhaps the Gaffer is just waiting for Firmino to get up to speed.

Not only is the formation wrong, the player selection is wrong. We are being managed by a weak novice.. Luck and nothing more has got us six points. It will not last. We have no identity or pattern of play. We are in trouble but some are singing from the rafters.
      Once again , i see no progression in our play or attitude.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #650: Aug 17, 2015 10:21:43 pm
      :lmao:

I actually DID watch him for Hoffenheim and his work rate is something that is a huge part of his game. He'll run himself in to the ground - let him settle and judge him on more than two small cameos.

You're a fake and entirely what is wrong with football supporters.

In what why did i give you the impression i am against Firmino ? Are you reading what i'm saying. We should not restrict him and asking him to do the defensive work too, that's why we have Hendo, Can and Milner for. He is a fantastic player, but we need him in our attack, not running and wasting his energy around.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #651: Aug 17, 2015 10:22:09 pm
      Bright from Moreno - I've always been a fan, even if he did struggle last season. Defensive frailties there for sure but cannot underestimate his attacking instinct.

Fair play to him, he came on and made a difference. Grit and determination as Hanson might say. Good to see.
      Might even be an option on the wing against the Arse, reckon BR will go and setup quite defensively, and didn't think Ibe or Lallana particularly impressed tonight...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #652: Aug 17, 2015 10:22:52 pm
      I've watched alot of Bundesliga and i followed Firmino closely. He doesn't track back,

Don't be silly. I've watched Hoffenheim a fair bit last 2 seasons and I can assure you, he works very hard.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #653: Aug 17, 2015 10:22:58 pm
      Then you really underestimate me, i know who Volland is also and who Sule is, both playing at them, know how Salihovic kept Firmino on the bench initially but he took his place when he was sold in China. I think i know alot more football in general than you for an example, i could tell you good players even from FC Darmstadt.

Oh Jesus...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #654: Aug 17, 2015 10:23:00 pm
      Yeah sorry George, not sure where you're coming from with that. I too watched plenty of the Bundesliga, not saying I focussed on Firmino much but I do know he tracks and puts a shift in.

This also backs up that view of it:

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/96182/History/Roberto-Firmino

(just click defensive, his number of tackles are up there with Lucas')
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #655: Aug 17, 2015 10:23:26 pm
      I thought he was actually known for his work ethic and defensive work? Pretty sure I remember reading something about him winning possession a lot of times in the final third and also having a high number of tackles per game.
      Yes, Me to. So what happened to his work rate. ?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #656: Aug 17, 2015 10:23:27 pm
      I'm not at all full of sh*t, i'm just stating the facts about Firmino and his team Hoffenheim, he is a very good attacking player, but don't expect from him to track back alot. We should use his qualities first, not trying to convert him in something he isnt.

First time you saw him was last week...your full of sh*t as usual.

Quotes after quotes from around the Bundesliga and scouts about he tracks back and works hard defensively.

They are all wrong and you are right.

Having won possession in the attacking third 28 times last season, Firmino ranked second in the Bundesliga - and an average of 2.7 tackles per game would have been enough to place fourth at Liverpool.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9893548/liverpool-target-roberto-firminos-stats-suggest-he-could-replace-raheem-sterling

Firmino is an exceptionally hardworking attacking talent, who averaged 2.7 tackles per 90 minutes last season—only six Premier League forwards made more.

His work rate is very high, he closes down opponents in attacking areas and he is bullish enough to dominate defenders.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/06/roberto-firmino-hoffenheim-forward-boost-liverpool-201516/

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #657: Aug 17, 2015 10:23:28 pm
      That's a lovely summation of the Bundesliga wikipedia page.

That's your opinion, a very limited one too. Believe me that i'll choose to watch a Bundesliga/La Liga game over an EPL match.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #658: Aug 17, 2015 10:24:14 pm
      i could tell you good players even from FC Darmstadt.

Best post of the season so far.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #659: Aug 17, 2015 10:24:42 pm
      Last time we opened with a couple of 1-0 wins we went on to score a gazillion goals. 2013-14.

Yes, but we had that nutter in the team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #660: Aug 17, 2015 10:25:09 pm
      Did Georgered really mention FC Darmstadt in the match thread?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #661: Aug 17, 2015 10:25:34 pm
      That's your opinion, a very limited one too. Believe me that i'll choose to watch a Bundesliga/La Liga game over an EPL match.

Where do you watch these matches? On wikipedia? In the last few minutes?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #662: Aug 17, 2015 10:26:37 pm
      2.7 tackles and 1.1 interceptions per game from an attacking player - yeah what a lazy soft Brazilian eh.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #663: Aug 17, 2015 10:26:43 pm
      Think after this, we might see a back 5 against the Arse, and 5 across the middle.  no  striker, we'll be so under the cosh, we'll never get a ball up to him anyway. !!!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #664: Aug 17, 2015 10:26:44 pm
      Where do you watch these matches? On wikipedia? In the last few minutes?

Eurosport.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #665: Aug 17, 2015 10:26:46 pm
      Mate, we have just been outplayed ny a mickey mouse team at home. There are no positives. If anyone thinks they can see anything other than luck, then they are in for a serious come down in the next few games. Unless we are the luckiest team in the league.

F***ing hell. Get a grip. United/Chelsea win games that they perform sh*t in all the time and when they manage to do so it ends up with them challenging for the tittle. So let's not act like getting 3 points while playing bad is the end of the world.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #666: Aug 17, 2015 10:27:06 pm
      Get in there. Two games, two wins, two clean sheets. Can't ask for more than that.

Real happy for Benteke to get off the mark, completely takes the pressure off him now and he should kick on, really impressed with him tonight.

Quick Reply