Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      35 (25.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (5.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      19 (13.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      57 (41%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: Aug 22, 2015 10:01:46 pm

Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 46648 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #713: Aug 17, 2015 10:57:33 pm
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #714: Aug 17, 2015 10:57:36 pm
      Pros;
      + Clyne is solid and has some engine on him. Finally have a replacement for Finnan.
      + Gomez can defend. Nice and tidy.
      + Benteke off the mark, will only get better.
      + Coutinho on another level in most performances now.
      + Moreno looked good coming on.
      +Mignolet made good decisions. Seems to have removed the "10 mins of madness" out of his game.

Cons:
      - Can looked lethargic.
      - Brendan bottled it and looked to shut up shop against a newly promoted team with 15 minutes to go.
      - Still look dodgy on set pieces.
      - Ibe doesn't seem to be showing the pre-season form and ease of beating a man he had against lesser opponents.

Overall can't complain, plenty of room for improvement and 6 points out of 6 with 2 clean sheets.
      Arsenal next week will be interesting benchmark.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #715: Aug 17, 2015 10:57:47 pm
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #716: Aug 17, 2015 10:59:25 pm
      Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and all that, but it's the predictable and repetitive nature of the negativity which spoils the forum. During the course of this coming week, the usual suspects will harp on about the following:

If we play like that against Arsenal we'll get mullered.
      Defensively we are awful (despite keeping two clean sheets) and "decent" attackers will rip us to shreds.
      Can/Sakho/Firmino simply must play or they'll be "f****** fuming".
      So far we have offered zero attacking threat and Benteke "doesn't fit" our style of play.
      The gap between us and Man City is "embarrassing".

If we go to Arsenal and lose (as some of them hope, I'm absolutely convinced of it) they'll say "just as I've been saying all along" etc etc.

If we go to Arsenal and win however, they'll say "I said all along we were capable of good performances. If Rodgers hadn't set us up wrong in the first two games we'd have destroyed Stoke and Bournemouth". It's boring and predictable in equal measure.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #717: Aug 17, 2015 11:05:51 pm
      Quote from: georgered
      I want Klopp too, but Brendan is our manager and even if we doubt him or simply don't like his style, we can only back him and hope he improves in the future and learns from his mistakes. You can't just wish that our team has bad results so he gets the sack and Klopp comes in, that's just mental. Suarez flourished under Brendan, so can Coutinho.

Even if we don't win, all i want to see is some fight in the lads, some desire to keep on pushing and battling for every ball. Not the complete lack of belief they showed in the last season's final weeks.

The past is in the past, new season begins tomorrow so let's get all behind the manager, players, everyone involved, and hope they learned from their mistakes and that we will have a great season.

Yeah, that's me saying those things, and it's from the last 2 weeks, don't have time to check older ones.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #718: Aug 17, 2015 11:06:42 pm
      Pros;
      + Clyne is solid and has some engine on him. Finally have a replacement for Finnan.
      + Gomez can defend. Nice and tidy.
      + Benteke off the mark, will only get better.
      + Coutinho on another level in most performances now.
      + Moreno looked good coming on.
      +Mignolet made good decisions. Seems to have removed the "10 mins of madness" out of his game.

Cons:
      - Can looked lethargic.
      - Brendan bottled it and looked to shut up shop against a newly promoted team with 15 minutes to go.
      - Still look dodgy on set pieces.
      - Ibe doesn't seem to be showing the pre-season form and ease of beating a man he had against lesser opponents.

Overall can't complain, plenty of room for improvement and 6 points out of 6 with 2 clean sheets.
      Arsenal next week will be interesting benchmark.

I agree Finnan was brilliant for us, but have to say Arbeloa was fantastic too. Maybe a bit less solid defensively, but attacking wise he offered a bit more.

But likewise, Clyne is putting in a fair shift there to finally be our first quality right back in 6 YEARS - may he seal that place for years to come.

P.S. In fairness, I thought Flanagan was excellent and miles better than Johnson. Here's hoping he returns soon.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #719: Aug 17, 2015 11:07:35 pm
      Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and all that, but it's the predictable and repetitive nature of the negativity which spoils the forum. During the course of this coming week, the usual suspects will harp on about the following:

If we play like that against Arsenal we'll get mullered.
      Defensively we are awful (despite keeping two clean sheets) and "decent" attackers will rip us to shreds.
      Can/Sakho/Firmino simply must play or they'll be "f****** fuming".
      So far we have offered zero attacking threat and Benteke "doesn't fit" our style of play.
      The gap between us and Man City is "embarrassing".

If we go to Arsenal and lose (as some of them hope, I'm absolutely convinced of it) they'll say "just as I've been saying all along" etc etc.

If we go to Arsenal and win however, they'll say "I said all along we were capable of good performances. If Rodgers hadn't set us up wrong in the first two games we'd have destroyed Stoke and Bournemouth". It's boring and predictable in equal measure.

If you think it's bad on here you should have a look at Twitter Mick.

Embarrassing stuff on there at times from supposed Reds.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #720: Aug 17, 2015 11:10:07 pm
      If you think it's bad on here you should have a look at Twitter Mick.

Embarrassing stuff on there at times from supposed Reds.

I don't even go there anymore. Seems to be full of weird people from the other side of the world claiming "Rodgers has to go, wot will win it for uz is once we get Mourinho in as boss and Messi and Ronaldo to play for us then we'z be able to win the Champagnes League".
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #721: Aug 17, 2015 11:12:27 pm
      Even if an oracle told me that if Mourinho becomes our manager we'll win 5 consecutive titles and UCLs i wouldnt want that mug in charge of our glorious club.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #722: Aug 17, 2015 11:12:48 pm
      Clyne and Ben neck & neck for MOTM....great to see the new lads contributing.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #723: Aug 17, 2015 11:13:58 pm

F***ing hell. Get a grip. United/Chelsea win games that they perform sh*t in all the time and when they manage to do so it ends up with them challenging for the tittle. So let's not act like getting 3 points while playing bad is the end of the world.

Playing poor and lucky doesn't get you anywhere. You are basing your argument on nothing more than point accumalation. The se as Leicester, and they have played better than us. We need to see a plan, a philosophy to our play. There is none.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #724: Aug 17, 2015 11:15:33 pm
      Playing poor and lucky doesn't get you anywhere. You are basing your argument on nothing more than point accumalation. The se as Leicester, and they have played better than us. We need to see a plan, a philosophy to our play. There is none.

That's a bit of a stretch, teams play differently when they face Leicester and when they face us. Against us they usually park the bus and it's very hard to open a defence of 7-8 men.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #725: Aug 17, 2015 11:16:21 pm
      Playing poor and lucky doesn't get you anywhere.

Seems to have got us 6 points from 6 if I'm not mistaken.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #726: Aug 17, 2015 11:16:52 pm
      Sh*t performance and very lucky with an offside goal not being disallowed but I don't care. Could not give a Monkey's Uncle. 3 points in the bag is the only thing I care about. We beat another bread and butter team today and we do that a further thirteen times this season and we win the league. Honestly, I think some people are only happy when they're moaning.

You should care. Anyone can win the first two games of the season and gp on to do nothing.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #727: Aug 17, 2015 11:20:05 pm
      Seems to have got us 6 points from 6 if I'm not mistaken.

yeh, you right
       But we have been sh*te. As sh*te as last season. But i'm sure against Arsenal all our players will just click. Just how long have you been watching football by the way, if you don't mind me asking?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #728: Aug 17, 2015 11:21:04 pm
      yeh, you right
       But we have been sh*te. As sh*te as last season. But i'm sure against Arsenal all our players will just click. Just how long have you been watching football by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind you asking but it is the best part of 30 years if you must know.

Not sure what point you're trying to make.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #729: Aug 17, 2015 11:24:30 pm
      I don't know mate , it's early days yet with 6 points from teams we would normally see points dropped against . How long have we complained about these games coming away with nought . There's plenty of room for improvement but being so early into the season with two out of two then i think we're on the right track .

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #730: Aug 17, 2015 11:25:26 pm
      Two 1-0 wins in a row. I feel two years younger.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #731: Aug 17, 2015 11:26:50 pm
      You should care. Anyone can win the first two games of the season and gp on to do nothing.

They can also go on and win the title.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #732: Aug 17, 2015 11:30:09 pm
      They can also go on and win the title.
      It wasn't too long ago when the munts played sh*t all season winning ugly boring 1 nil wins and they lifted the title . I'll take that if that's what it takes and build an empire on it .

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #733: Aug 17, 2015 11:31:08 pm
      Sometimes being a bit lucky in an early season game can help to define your season as the confidence of another 3 points relaxes the players ,eases the pressure and then they start to play better. I would certainly prefer we played poorly and won rather than played brilliantly and drew or lost.

Going into the Arsenal game with a couple of good results behind us is far better than going into the game having played well and lost imo.

Yes we need to change a few things, but at least now we can do it from a position of strength rather than in desperation having dropped points.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #734: Aug 17, 2015 11:31:54 pm
      Sometimes being a bit lucky in an early season game can help to define your season as the confidence of another 3 points relaxes the players ,eases the pressure and then they start to play better. I would certainly prefer we played poorly and won rather than played brilliantly and drew or lost.

Going into the Arsenal game with a couple of good results behind us is far better than going into the game having played well and lost imo.

Yes we need to change a few things, but at least now we can do it from a position of strength rather than in desperation having dropped points.

Indeed.

This much sense will be lost in a sea of nonsense though mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #735: Aug 17, 2015 11:42:41 pm

Absolutely true that S@int, could see in Eddie Howe's face how frustrated he was because he was also so proud, rightly so, with how his players had played in the first 2 games yet they sit 1 place off the bottom of the table.

They've gained an admirer from me though and I'll certainly be watching that Ritchie more closely this season, think he'll get them a few goals this season, hopefully keep them up.

Quick Reply