Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)

Read 24204 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)
      Reply #207: Aug 23, 2015 04:05:19 pm
      Move Gomez over to the right, Lovren on the left and Skrtel in the middle and you could be onto something Si but I doubt Brendan will change things so soon in the season.

Better yet, put Sakho in for Lovren.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #208: Aug 23, 2015 04:07:06 pm

True mate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #209: Aug 23, 2015 04:08:35 pm

Or Sakho for Skrtel.

Skrtel seemed to be shitting his pants for the first 20 minutes against Bournemouth last week.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #210: Aug 23, 2015 04:21:01 pm
      Skrtel seemed to be shitting his pants for the first 20 minutes against Bournemouth last week.

To be fair, I would be with Lovren as a starter ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #211: Aug 23, 2015 04:40:33 pm
      It's this season what matters, not what has happened over the previous seasons.

Brendan likes this statement.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #212: Aug 23, 2015 06:00:09 pm
      I feel saddened that Ibe has lost a bit of form. especially after what he brought to the side last season in his few games. Perhaps he's one of these players who are just better at coming off the bench.
      Mignolet

Skrtel Lovren Gomez

Clyne Milner Can Moreno

Lallana Coutinho

Benteke
      I kinda like this, but a bit worried about lallana's negative play when he's pushed upfield a bit. He hasn't started well and could be pressured if he shows any signs of nervousness. Firminho could be another option in there. That would give old Wenger somthing to think about. With Couts, the pair could tear the arse centre backs a new one.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #213: Aug 23, 2015 06:03:16 pm
      I feel saddened that Ibe has lost a bit of form. especially after what he brought to the side last season in his few games. Perhaps he's one of these players who are just better at coming off the bench.I kinda like this, but a bit worried about lallana's negative play when he's pushed upfield a bit. He hasn't started well and could be pressured if he shows any signs of nervousness. Firminho could be another option in there. That would give old Wenger somthing to think about. With Couts, the pair could tear the arse centre backs a new one.

Whilst Ibe performed well towards the end of last season he still didn't provide a goal or assist. He really needs to start doing so this season. He doesn't have to do it every game of course but every now and again at least. He may become an impact sub soon once Firmino is acclimatised to the league. He just needs to keep working hard in training and the end product will surely come.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #214: Aug 23, 2015 06:04:51 pm
      Whilst Ibe performed well towards the end of last season he still didn't provide a goal or assist. He really needs to start doing so this season. He doesn't have to do it every game of course but every now and again at least. He may become an impact sub soon once Firmino is acclimatised to the league. He just needs to keep working hard in training and the end product will surely come.

Once Firmino is up to speed and Daniel is back...Jordan is going to ply his wares in early Europa and Cups...which is where is should probably be doing it to be fair.

He is not surprising the opposition now and honestly he is a bit one dimensional at the moment; we don't want to shoot his confidence to shreds so  its best the pressure is taken off.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #215: Aug 23, 2015 06:49:44 pm
      It never fails to surprise me how aggressive,  most of the "positive" members, react to members with a negative side  to the debate.
      It must be a sign of a weaÄ· argument.
      My favourite though , has to be "Get behind the team !" Ha.
      How on earth do you get behind the team on a forum? Go the match and cheer on the team , yeh. but, how do you get behind the team on a forum?

Don't be a c**t would be my guess!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #216: Aug 23, 2015 06:51:36 pm
      Only change to the team I can see being Can for Henderson.

Anyway go out and tw*t those cockney cu*ts everywhere Redmen.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #217: Aug 23, 2015 07:01:54 pm
      From the Echo:

Lucas Leiva could be handed a Liverpool lifeline with the Brazil midfielder set to be recalled to the squad for tomorrow's trip to Arsenal.

With Jordan Henderson likely missing for the trip, the door as been opened for Lucas to return to the squad on Monday evening.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #218: Aug 23, 2015 07:24:11 pm
      From the Echo:

Lucas Leiva could be handed a Liverpool lifeline with the Brazil midfielder set to be recalled to the squad for tomorrow's trip to Arsenal.

With Jordan Henderson likely missing for the trip, the door as been opened for Lucas to return to the squad on Monday evening.

We shouldn't even be considering selling Lucas, a very good servant to the club and still a useful player and by far our best DM.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #219: Aug 23, 2015 07:24:44 pm
      I have a funny feeling we might just sneak this game, but it won't be pretty.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #220: Aug 23, 2015 07:37:02 pm
      I have a funny feeling we might just sneak this game, but it won't be pretty.

I would take ugly and three points every week.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #221: Aug 23, 2015 07:51:28 pm

Yea for sure because he did so well against them in the 4-1 drubbing at the Emirates.

At fault for 2 goals.

Let's just bring him back in.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #222: Aug 23, 2015 08:18:00 pm
      It never fails to surprise me how aggressive,  most of the "positive" members, react to members with a negative side  to the debate.
      It must be a sign of a weaÄ· argument.
      My favourite though , has to be "Get behind the team !" Ha.
      How on earth do you get behind the team on a forum? Go the match and cheer on the team , yeh. but, how do you get behind the team on a forum?

Ok then let's just all be constantly negative about the team and turn this forum into a cesspit of negativity towards the club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #223: Aug 23, 2015 09:27:15 pm
      Yea for sure because he did so well against them in the 4-1 drubbing at the Emirates.

At fault for 2 goals.

Let's just bring him back in.

Sorry but that's a pretty pathetic way to look at things. If you do team selections based on that then players would never play against certain teams again. Also if you are basing it on this logic and being fault for goals then virtually all our defence and keeper need to be sitting out pretty much every game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #224: Aug 23, 2015 10:19:16 pm
      Sorry but that's a pretty pathetic way to look at things. If you do team selections based on that then players would never play against certain teams again. Also if you are basing it on this logic and being fault for goals then virtually all our defence and keeper need to be sitting out pretty much every game.

Think current form as witnessed by the training staff may have something to do with it. Wether he plays or not that is !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #225: Aug 23, 2015 11:14:27 pm
      Rumoured team: Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Lucas, Can, Milner; Coutinho, Benteke, Firmino.

Hope that's true!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #226: Aug 23, 2015 11:17:15 pm
      Rumoured team: Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Lucas, Can, Milner; Coutinho, Benteke, Firmino.

Hope that's true!

Expect it will be along those lines, except I expect it will be the ever dangerous Lallana instead of Firmino.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #227: Aug 23, 2015 11:36:10 pm

Hope that's true!

Me too, Sakho aside that's our strongest available starting 11.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #228: Aug 24, 2015 12:40:36 am

Pathetic? You sure lad?

Your way isn't logical either and purely based on personal player preference not form or performance at training.

I think that's a lot more pathetic.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #229: Aug 24, 2015 12:40:59 am

Hope that's true!

Think that lineup is too good to be true. Truth be told I don't envy Brendan with his selection here.

Hendo out, Lallana and Ibe
      struggling to add value, and Can, Firmino, Lucas, and Sakho lacking match sharpness for the most part. Tough choice, but hopefully he's got a plan in place. Definitely need to be physical here and pack the midfield, going in with a 2-man midfield would be a death sentence IMO. But we'll see. Buzzing for this game though. Hoping for the three points.

Quick Reply