Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      10 (13.5%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (5.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (2.7%)
      James Milner
      14 (18.9%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      10 (13.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (2.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.1%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.4%)
      Danny Ings
      25 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Sep 03, 2015 10:33:06 pm

Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: In game and Post Match Despair

Read 50883 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Live: Liverpool V West Ham
      Reply #575: Aug 29, 2015 07:37:54 pm
      1 sh*t result but a pattern of below par performances that extend into last season and are hard to explain.

Listen Walt (the following is not aimed at you by the way), I know the fella's walking a line, we all do, including the man himself but to be such a dickhead that is so predictable when you were calling for his head in the summer to wait for the first disappointment to raise your ugly F***ing head and start using Suarez or Stoke as a stick is an embarrassment and basically absolutely sh*te.

If any LFC 'fan' is turning after one bad match they need to F**k off, the fact they feel the need to come on here and slag the manager off is enough for me to think they want him to F**k up just so they can be proven right. Personally I want the man to F***ing soar to heights never witnessed by any LFC fan, just so I can witness him and the lads do it.

Does my F***ing head in, F***ing fair weather sh*te.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #576: Aug 29, 2015 07:40:35 pm
      I have a solution. Let's all just forget our passions about LFC for a while and start supporting Swansea for a season, just for a change. Change the forum name to "Sfcwhites" or something, get a few Jonjo Shelvey shirts, etc. I can guarantee we all will be happier individuals comes May.

Only if it was possible.

I swear to God if there was a button to make than happen, I'd push it right now. I have aged 20 years in the past 10 years supporting this club.

Why?

Even if we have another sh*te season we will still finish higher than Swansea.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #577: Aug 29, 2015 07:41:24 pm
      Why?

Over the top knee jerk reaction.Nothing else.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #578: Aug 29, 2015 07:43:08 pm
      Why?

But they play beautiful footy and have been surpassing expectations regarding their league positions in the past few seasons. So I am pretty sure their fans are quite happier than ours.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #579: Aug 29, 2015 07:45:03 pm
      Spot on So. Could be more the players fault than Brendans, I've seen the goals, the defending was absolutely terrible, wether or not Brendan could have done anything to prevent them, I won't know until I see the game.
      The starting line up looked more than capable of beating West Ham, things has went badly wrong today, Lovren being one of them.

I should also add, if this was Brendan s fault, I'll say so, but from what I saw all the goals were defensive errors.

Brendan has spoken at lengths reassuring us the hunger is back in the squad which suggests the players are very motivated.

His tactics. His selection. His formation. His fault.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #580: Aug 29, 2015 07:45:43 pm
      Over the top knee jerk reaction.Nothing else.

of course it's a knee jerk reaction. It's just a fantasy. I can't think straight right now. Watched the game at work and am stuck here for another 4 hours or so.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #581: Aug 29, 2015 07:47:39 pm
      But they play beautiful footy and have been surpassing expectations regarding their league positions in the past few seasons. So I am pretty sure their fans are quite happier than ours.

I can't imagine there are too many Swansea fans outside of Wales. If there are then they must just be happy in life settling for mediocrity.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #582: Aug 29, 2015 07:49:41 pm
      Accepting Mediocrity is the end.If they are happy,let them be.Mediocrity is not made for LFC.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #583: Aug 29, 2015 07:54:10 pm
      of course it's a knee jerk reaction. It's just a fantasy. I can't think straight right now. Watched the game at work and am stuck here for another 4 hours or so.
      Understandable.Next few days will probably the same.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #584: Aug 29, 2015 07:54:45 pm
      Poor performance from the last 20 minutes I managed to catch of the game, after finishing work. On the evidence of what I saw, the side will be heading downwards in the table, unless the defence is sorted quickly. Only 2 goals from the opening 4 games is something else to think about, in my opinion.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,887 posts | 704 
      Reply #585: Aug 29, 2015 07:58:16 pm
      Quote from 5timesacharm
      It's not just that. Using two out-and-out strikers was forced upon us, and it worked with spectacular success, almost winning us the title. We loose a Striker and so he again reverts back to the one up front in all subsequent transfer windows despite it being proven time and again that one up front doesn't give us enough goals to win anything. In each season it's been employed by him we've failed to finish in the top four. Given the success we had with two mobile, pacey strikers running rings around opposition defences, it beggers belief that we've abandoned that style of play so any criticism of Rodgers in regards to the system and transfers is justified right now.

This is more of a general comment than directed at you specifically, but the consensus seems to be along the lines of, when we play two or more upfront, we "don't know how to defend".
      When we play one upfront, we're "too defensive". Which is it?

There's a lot of posters coming out of the woodwork today, starved of bad results for the past three weeks, (some of whom got going before we got back to the centre circle after the second goal), and they will make the most of the next two weeks, however nothing they say is going to make any difference. Rodgers will stay for at least the next 34 league games, so they better get used to it.

I don't know how to best sum up this result, except to say that hopefully that's the opposition's day out here covered for at least the next 52 years.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #586: Aug 29, 2015 08:00:57 pm
      Why?

Yes, but they don't spend over 100 mil on players.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #587: Aug 29, 2015 08:10:37 pm
      Missed everything today as well due to work.

To say I'm shocked would be an understatement.

Were we as bad as 3-0 suggests folks?
      Yup F***ing woefull and it's my birthday today :-(
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #588: Aug 29, 2015 08:15:16 pm
      Yup f**king woefull and it's my birthday today :-(

Happy birthday mate, go have some beers to wash up the dissapointment of our showing today.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #589: Aug 29, 2015 08:15:46 pm
      Yes, but they don't spend over 100 mil on players.

Then go support them.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #590: Aug 29, 2015 08:32:47 pm
      To be fair to George Baz, he does have a point
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #591: Aug 29, 2015 08:35:55 pm
      do you think someone should remind Brendan his most outstanding result came with two up front.

The bigger question is should a Liverpool manager need reminding?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #592: Aug 29, 2015 08:37:30 pm
      That was as bad as I can remember under Hodgson that.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #593: Aug 29, 2015 08:44:18 pm
      This is more of a general comment than directed at you specifically, but the consensus seems to be along the lines of, when we play two or more upfront, we "don't know how to defend".
      When we play one upfront, we're "too defensive". Which is it?

There's a lot of posters coming out of the woodwork today, starved of bad results for the past three weeks, (some of whom got going before we got back to the centre circle after the second goal), and they will make the most of the next two weeks, however nothing they say is going to make any difference. Rodgers will stay for at least the next 34 league games, so they better get used to it.

I don't know how to best sum up this result, except to say that hopefully that's the opposition's day out here covered for at least the next 52 years.

I didn't want Benteke signed because I always knew he wasn't the right player for us. We had already lost Suarez two seasons ago and failed to replace him that Summer, we then (effectively) lost Sturridge last season and failed to replace him this one. You can worry about 'ones for the future' and having 'something different' when you've replaced as like-for-like as we can possibly sign. We didn't and that has been the biggest mistake over the last two seasons. Why? Because defending doesn't win you games, scoring goals does. Conceding four goals in a game is irrelevant if you score five, you still won the match and it will get you closer to any title or Silverware than if you keep a clean sheet and get a draw.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #594: Aug 29, 2015 08:55:39 pm
      West hams 6 points coming from Anfield and the Emirates!!

Could be a crazy season, and one city could potentially run away with
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #595: Aug 29, 2015 08:59:31 pm
      West hams 6 points coming from Anfield and the Emirates!!

Could be a crazy season, and one city could potentially run away with

City will 100% walk the league this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #596: Aug 29, 2015 09:05:30 pm
      Listen Walt (the following is not aimed at you by the way), I know the fella's walking a line, we all do, including the man himself but to be such a dickhead that is so predictable when you were calling for his head in the summer to wait for the first disappointment to raise your ugly f**king head and start using Suarez or Stoke as a stick is an embarrassment and basically absolutely sh*te.

If any LFC 'fan' is turning after one bad match they need to f**k off, the fact they feel the need to come on here and slag the manager off is enough for me to think they want him to f**k up just so they can be proven right. Personally I want the man to f**king soar to heights never witnessed by any LFC fan, just so I can witness him and the lads do it.

Does my f**king head in, f**king fair weather sh*te.
      Amen to this.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #597: Aug 29, 2015 09:07:27 pm

I have aged 20 years in the past 10 years supporting this club.

So you are what, 12 going on 32?

Quick Reply