Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Pre-Match Manchester United vs Liverpool FC 12/09/2015 Kick off 17.30

Read 31519 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Re: Pre-Match Manchester United vs Liverpool FC 12/09/2015 Kick off 17.30
      Reply #161: Sep 10, 2015 11:51:25 pm
      Really hope Ings plays and we go for the diamond here, we've been struggling with one up top for a number of months now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #162: Sep 11, 2015 12:02:05 am
      Really hope Ings plays and we go for the diamond here, we've been struggling with one up top for a number of months now.

Should have been tried more when we had Balotelli. As much as people call him a knob and with reason he publicly stated that he struggles to play as a lone striker and yet we persisted with it.

Anyone with half a brain could see that Lambert would play better as someone who had support close to him and yet we played him as a lone striker. All this time we had Borini, while sh*te, he is the player that could offer more alongside one of these players with his movement.

I don't expect any change from the rigid tactics, I expect to see:

Migs
         Clyne     Skrtel        Lovren    Gomez (possibly Enrique)
                               Lucas
                         Milner     Can
             Ibe                              Firmino
                              Benteke

Then us struggling again. At least in the middle we might have some joy with the rumours that Carrick could be out, but 2 up front we could really get at these fuckers.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #163: Sep 11, 2015 12:17:37 am
      Keep on thinking Benteko will be a beast in this game, he looks like Mike Tyson stretched out and has the same look of determination. The guy doesn't look like he's messin around, thing is, is - the guy needs some service, simple fact. Lets see how Brendalinho deals with the tactics in this game.
      If we take the soak up pressure route, I will think he's clueless, if we actually use pace and bomb at them, then that's more like it. Also hoping to see Ingsinio alongside the big guy.

It's not a fixture were you ever expect the result, but it doesn't mean you can't get the result.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #164: Sep 11, 2015 12:21:49 am
      Should have been tried more when we had Balotelli. As much as people call him a knob and with reason he publicly stated that he struggles to play as a lone striker and yet we persisted with it.

Anyone with half a brain could see that Lambert would play better as someone who had support close to him and yet we played him as a lone striker. All this time we had Borini, while sh*te, he is the player that could offer more alongside one of these players with his movement.

Migs
                               Lucas
                         Milner     Can
                              Benteke

Then us struggling again. At least in the middle we might have some joy with the rumours that Carrick could be out, but 2 up front we could really get at these fuckers.

I agree mate, if that's the formation we play we are going to get beat.

I think Brendan may spring a surprise and play either Ibe or Firmino at the tip of a diamond (similar to how he played Stirling there against the mancs a couple of seasons ago) with license to run at the Mancs defence.

I would take a draw now, but I don't think there will be much between us ... a goal either way will win it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #165: Sep 11, 2015 12:22:06 am
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #166: Sep 11, 2015 12:24:21 am
      I agree mate, if that's the formation we play we are going to get beat.

I think Brendan may spring a surprise and play either Ibe or Firmino at the tip of a diamond (similar to how he played Stirling there against the mancs a couple of seasons ago) with license to run at the Mancs defence.

I would take a draw now, but I don't think there will be much between us ... a goal either way will win it.

Yeah I hope you're right and he does try changing things up a touch mate, we need some inspiration from somewhere and the manager is the place it's meant to come from.

If it were me I'd be playing:

Migs
      Clyne   Skrtel Sakho Enrique
                     Lucas
               Can         Milner
                   Teixiera
                Ings    Benteke

But the chances of something like that are the same as you winning the lottery and while I wish you look mate I don't think you have a hope in hell :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #167: Sep 11, 2015 12:24:34 am

Migs
                               Lucas
                         Milner     Can
                              Benteke

I agree Luke. I think we could almost name the side now and I think it will be the one you posted here with maybe Ings in for Ibe.
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2015 12:34:44 am by srslfc »
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #168: Sep 11, 2015 12:24:58 am

Should of been Brendaninho ;D, giving them all exotic names in the hope it makes us play more exciting football.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #169: Sep 11, 2015 12:28:20 am
      Should of been Brendaninho ;D, giving them all exotic names in the hope it makes us play more exciting football.

Mate I can't blame you, I'd try almost anything right now!

I agree Luke. I think we could almost name the side now and I think it will be the one you posted here with mayeb Ings in for Ibe.

Agreed Si, it's that predictability and the fact we release our teamsheet a week early (ok exaggeration) making it so easy to set up against us.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #170: Sep 11, 2015 12:30:43 am
      I agree Luke. I think we could almost name the side now and I think it will be the one you posted here with mayeb Ings in for Ibe.

Brendan has had two weeks to think of nothing but his formation and tactics for this game and you think that's all he can come up with :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #171: Sep 11, 2015 12:34:22 am
      Brendan has had two weeks to think of nothing but his formation and tactics for this game and you think that's all he can come up with :)

Unfortunately I do mate.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #172: Sep 11, 2015 12:37:46 am
      Aren't we always dodgy after the international breaks? That can't be a thing any more, as long as we go for it, I'll be sound about it, if we roll over and think passing the ball around the centre circle is total football then I'll just get even more phased by the whole set up.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #173: Sep 11, 2015 12:38:07 am

Sadly you are probably right ... I live in hope though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #174: Sep 11, 2015 12:50:41 am
      Sadly you are probably right ... I live in hope though.

I think the predicability in our play and, Arsenal first half apart, the lack of any reall good football has been the biggest negative for me so far this season. It hasn't all been bad as we have ground out results when we previously would have drew or lost games but the one thing I wanted to see this season, and I posted about it in one of the threads was football that made us want to watch this side again.

For me I'd go like this at the weekend:

Mignolet

Clyne    Skrtel    Sakho    Moreno

Can

Milner     Texiera

Firmino

Benteke  Ings

I'd drop Lovren as I think he will struggle to develop into that strong leadre at the back the manager thinks he could be and those silly mistakes just seem to keep coming.

It might seem harsh to drop Gomez out as he has done great but if Moreno is to be our LB then play him and also with a diamond I think we need the full backs to provide the majority of any width and Alberto is more suited to this than Joe.

If Can is to be our DM, or at least the deepest of our midfield players then again just play him and let him develop there. I'd have him there and allow him to drop into the back as the full backs get forward.

Tex is as close to Phil as we have and I'd sit him next to Milner and allow Firmino to play as the 10 and support the front two with Ings playing close to Benteke and feeding off any balls he wins and his natural instincts to play a a striker would give us a bit more up front than we have had so far.

I'd use this game to almost start fresh and play a system that willget more from our squad in an attacking sense than wehave seen so far this season.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #175: Sep 11, 2015 08:09:28 am
      I think the predicability in our play and, Arsenal first half apart, the lack of any reall good football has been the biggest negative for me so far this season. It hasn't all been bad as we have ground out results when we previously would have drew or lost games but the one thing I wanted to see this season, and I posted about it in one of the threads was football that made us want to watch this side again.

For me I'd go like this at the weekend:

Mignolet

Clyne    Skrtel    Sakho    Moreno

Can

Milner     Texiera

Firmino

Benteke  Ings

I'd drop Lovren as I think he will struggle to develop into that strong leadre at the back the manager thinks he could be and those silly mistakes just seem to keep coming.

It might seem harsh to drop Gomez out as he has done great but if Moreno is to be our LB then play him and also with a diamond I think we need the full backs to provide the majority of any width and Alberto is more suited to this than Joe.

If Can is to be our DM, or at least the deepest of our midfield players then again just play him and let him develop there. I'd have him there and allow him to drop into the back as the full backs get forward.

Tex is as close to Phil as we have and I'd sit him next to Milner and allow Firmino to play as the 10 and support the front two with Ings playing close to Benteke and feeding off any balls he wins and his natural instincts to play a a striker would give us a bit more up front than we have had so far.

I'd use this game to almost start fresh and play a system that willget more from our squad in an attacking sense than wehave seen so far this season.

sorry pal, but that team would get ripped apart by the mancs. Can't just chuck tex in can't drop lovren after 1 bad game this season, and anyway, no chance BR will play that team.

Realistically this assuming injured lads still not fit. He will give the defence another chance, great motivation, go and get a clean sheet at the mancs and prove west ham was a blip.

------------- Mings ------------------
      - Clyne - Skrtel - Lovren - Gomez -
      -------- Milner - Lucas --------------
      - Can ---- Firmino ----- Ibe\Ings --------
      ------------- Benteke ---------------

ps. Can see tex being on the bench along with rossitor which is good.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #176: Sep 11, 2015 08:26:23 am
      Not sure myself, we certainly have more fit strikers than midfielders for change so why not go for it.

But suspect it could be this, assuming hendo not fit yet.  4-2-3-1

Also will he change it round in defence? maybe start lads not just back from internationals ?

--------------- Mings ---------------
      - Clyne - Skrtel - Lovren\Sahko - Moreno\Gomez -
      ---------- Milner - Lucas -------------
      ----- Ings ---- Can ---- Firmino -----
      ------------ Benteke ----------------

I like that formation too...

could become 4-2-1-3, so yes I'm in  ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #177: Sep 11, 2015 09:06:40 am
      I like that formation too...

could become 4-2-1-3, so yes I'm in  ;D

Origi, Tex, rossitor all availavel from bench to change it, And moreno if not starting, he has been good as an impact sub so far.

Sahko & Kolo probably defensive subs.

Folk wanting studger back, need to get real, he will be back soon enough, they wont rush him back this time, when he is ready I think we will see the old studger pretty quick.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #178: Sep 11, 2015 09:55:35 am
      Someone said it earlier....I think Brendan is now so scared of F***ing it up, he is going against his principles....we are not a footballing or route one side, we are the inbetweeners....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #179: Sep 11, 2015 10:34:59 am
      sorry pal, but that team would get ripped apart by the mancs. Can't just chuck tex in can't drop lovren after 1 bad game this season, and anyway, no chance BR will play that team.

Realistically this assuming injured lads still not fit. He will give the defence another chance, great motivation, go and get a clean sheet at the mancs and prove west ham was a blip.

------------- Mings ------------------
      - Clyne - Skrtel - Lovren - Gomez -
      -------- Milner - Lucas --------------
      - Can ---- Firmino ----- Ibe\Ings --------
      ------------- Benteke ---------------

ps. Can see tex being on the bench along with rossitor which is good.

You think a midfield two of Lucas and Milner in front of Lovren and Skrtel is any more solid?

I don't.

And Can in the right of and attacking three?

Strange.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #180: Sep 11, 2015 10:36:36 am
      You think a midfield two of Lucas and Milner in front of Lovren and Skrtel is any more solid?

I don't.

Strange.

Can played Right mid for the world champions the other night. Was very good.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #181: Sep 11, 2015 10:37:36 am
      Someone said it earlier....I think Brendan is now so scared of f**king it up, he is going against his principles....we are not a footballing or route one side, we are the inbetweeners....

ah ffs. I hate the inbetweeners. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #182: Sep 11, 2015 10:38:20 am

I don't.

Strange.

He will play 2 sitting anyway, whoever it is.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #183: Sep 11, 2015 10:57:46 am
      Can played Right mid for the world champions the other night. Was very good.

Not in a 4 2 3 1 though.

Quick Reply