Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      8 (8.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      11 (11.5%)
      Christian Benteke
      49 (51%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2015 07:24:24 pm

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character

Read 38315 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Re: Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character
      Reply #736: Sep 12, 2015 10:49:29 pm
      Appalling display.  Brendan needs to go.  On the bright sife, Benteke looks like he could be a beast for us!!  Now we just need to find a manager who knows how to properly utilize a player like that.....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,288 posts | 4938 
      Reply #737: Sep 12, 2015 10:50:31 pm
      the players are nowhere near as bad as they're currently showing. I'm not saying we can challenge for the title with this bunch but with a leader on the sidelines they could be pushed to get much more than we currently are from them.

This is the sadest thing for me and I know I've been banging on about this but the manager is making this squad of players look like a  bottom half side when they are far from it.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #738: Sep 12, 2015 10:55:13 pm
      Sure. So we're losing 2-1... back in the game after our goal... but you think fans should applaud the goal that seals it for Utd?  :f_whistle:

Football's about beauty mate, beauty comes in various forms and if you can't appreciate all of those forms then you restrict the beauty of the game to yourself.

If I see a good goal I applaud it because it's a skill and a skill is a sight to behold.

Ask most sensible football fans who watched Suarez play for us, they may of hated the man but he was a pure footballer.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #739: Sep 12, 2015 11:03:41 pm
      Football's about beauty mate, beauty comes in various forms and if you can't appreciate all of those forms then you restrict the beauty of the game to yourself.

If I see a good goal I applaud it because it's a skill and a skill is a sight to behold.

Ask most sensible football fans who watched Suarez play for us, they may of hated the man but he was a pure footballer.

Many of those fans hated him but would have done anything to have him on their team(s). I don't see what the fuss is about, if a goal is quality then why shouldn't people be able to applaud it even if it's against us?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #740: Sep 12, 2015 11:14:29 pm
      How the FooK can people here name Benteke man of the match?.... With the exception of the goal He had little to no real impact on the game.... Can on the other hand played his heart out...Strange
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #741: Sep 12, 2015 11:19:35 pm
      Well, another atrocious performance by the team.

That first half was the most sterile football I've seen us play in a long time, and the fact we allowed such an ordinary team to have so much possession is just utterly wrong.

Benteke's goal was an absolute beauty but I can't help thinking that having him in the team has totally transformed the set-up, and mentality of Rodgers and the team. With a big lone man up front like that we've reverted to Hodgson-esque tactics, sitting back in numbers, midfield sh*te in possession (Lucas & Milner especially) without an inclination to move and play football that puts the opposition on the back foot.

I don't blame Benteke for this but I do hold Rodgers responsible for it. He wanted the big Belgium and his style has dictated our style for the worse. A f**king tragic turn of events, where sh*te like Newcastle can go to that dump and win against a piss poor skank team, and we go there playing negative, turgid football and concede defeat/draw even before a ball has been kicked.

I f**king hate football at the moment because my lot look absolutely clueless, gutless and talent-less on the pitch; Rodgers needs to pull his f**king finger out, and if he's to die on his sword trying he may as well set this team up to do what he does best and f**king attack! That IMHO will mean leaving Benteke out but I doubt that is the last thing on Rodgers' mind at the moment - he'll no doubt stick to shoehorning this 32 million pound player into his side regardless.

F***ing ruined me weekend!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,288 posts | 4938 
      Reply #742: Sep 12, 2015 11:23:48 pm
      Well, another atrocious performance by the team.

That first half was the most sterile football I've seen us play in a long time, and the fact we allowed such an ordinary team to have so much possession is just utterly wrong.

Benteke's goal was an absolute beauty but I can't help thinking that having him in the team has totally transformed the set-up, and mentality of Rodgers and the team. With a big lone man up front like that we've reverted to Hodgson-esque tactics, sitting back in numbers, midfield sh*te in possession (Lucas & Milner especially) without an inclination to move and play football that puts the opposition on the back foot.

I don't blame Benteke for this but I do hold Rodgers responsible for it. He wanted the big Belgium and his style has dictated our style for the worse. A f**king tragic turn of events, where sh*te like Newcastle can go to that dump and win against a piss poor skank team, and we go there playing negative, turgid football and concede defeat/draw even before a ball has been kicked.

I f**king hate football at the moment because my lot look absolutely clueless, gutless and talent-less on the pitch; Rodgers needs to pull his f**king finger out, and if he's to die on his sword trying he may as well set this team up to do what he does best and f**king attack! That IMHO will mean leaving Benteke out but I doubt that is the last thing on Rodgers' mind at the moment - he'll no doubt stick to shoehorning this 32 million pound player into his side regardless.

F***ing ruined me weekend!

WhileI agree with everything here Beer it won't ruin my weekend mate purely because I really am not that surprised and that is the biggest indictment against the current set up.

I'd ask anyone on here to sit and have a think for a minute and ask themselves if anything that happend tday really shocked them.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #743: Sep 12, 2015 11:28:55 pm
      So he loans out Markovic to play Ings on the wing ?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #744: Sep 12, 2015 11:38:51 pm
      WhileI agree with everything here Beer it won't ruin my weekend mate purely because I really am not that surprised and that is the biggest indictment against the current set up.

I'd ask anyone on here to sit and have a think for a minute and ask themselves if anything that happend tday really shocked them.

No it didn't shock me srslfc.

But like the mug that I am, I was, like I always am, waiting for us to turn it around.

The fact we looked worse has driven me to despair. Utterly appalling.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,288 posts | 4938 
      Reply #745: Sep 12, 2015 11:44:14 pm
      No it didn't shock me srslfc.

But like the mug that I am, I was, like I always am, waiting for us to turn it around.

The fact we looked worse has driven me to despair. Utterly appalling.

It is appauling.

Appauling that a group of players like this is being wasted.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,600 posts | 745 
      Reply #746: Sep 12, 2015 11:49:03 pm
      i dont understand how he doesnt know how to get the best of this team?

still going narrow, with a right footed left back. Ofcourse our attack was going to suck from the get go.

The best system for our defence and attack is 3-5-2 right now. its obvious!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,308 posts | 8595 
      Reply #747: Sep 13, 2015 12:07:23 am
      Sure. So we're losing 2-1... back in the game after our goal... but you think fans should applaud the goal that seals it for Utd?  :f_whistle:

Yawn!! I imagine the lads who went, were more likely to be F***ing off home than applauding.

It was a comment on here about it being a good goal, nothing to do with whether our fans should applaud you F***ing gobs***e.

It's a personal choice, not a group collective thing, but then you don't really know the "Liverpool Way" do you? :f_whistle:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,308 posts | 8595 
      Reply #748: Sep 13, 2015 12:10:11 am
      How the FooK can people here name Benteke man of the match?.... With the exception of the goal He had little to no real impact on the game.... Can on the other hand played his heart out...Strange

Played his heart but did F**k all, unless you're on about first half when he went backwards and nearly ended up in a pure Keystone Kops effort with Mignolet.

Face it no one was worth motm, people are voting Benteke cos of the goal pure and simple. Me personally, I couldn't vote for any of them!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #749: Sep 13, 2015 12:21:33 am
      I backed Brendan all year last season but I'm at the point now where I would happily see him sacked. Maybe on Monday i might have calmed down and will continue believing he is the right man for the job but tonight I am just so livid with him i really wouldn't care if he gets the sack in the morning.

That, today, was an absolute disgrace. The biggest fixture of every season is United away and not one player was up for it. We had no match winners on the pitch, no presence, nothing. It was dire from start to finish. It is one of the worst Liverpool teams I have ever witnessed.

Mignolet - He is awful. He is not good enough for us. He would be a decent number 2 but he isn't good enough for a side with champions league and title ambitions. He needs upgrading immediately.

Clyne - not based on today as such but I think he is class. He is the only defender in the back four I would keep in right now.

Skrtel - has made a lot of appearances for the club so there is some myth that he is a good player/defender but in reality he is average at best. He wouldn't get a game for any of our rivals. He isn't good enough.

Lovren - how he keeps Sakho out of the team is anyone's guess.

Gomez - promising but he isn't a left back in a million years and he will get found out, just like today. But that's Rodgers for you.

Firmino - finding his feet so I'm not going to be too harsh. Needs to start firing soon though we paid a lot of money for him

Milner - he will be a big fan favourite here because he always wears his heart on his sleeve

Can - personally think he's over rated and is average at best. Don't see the hype in him and I think he is far better as a centre half than in midfield

Lucas - love the lad but wasn't involved today

Ings - why the F**k was he playing left mid. Again, that's Rodgers for you.

Benteke - was about to come on here before saying I told you all it was a sh*te signing and then he scores that absolute peach. Fantastic goal don't get me wrong and it's nothing personal on Big Ben, but yet again it was scary how isolated he was all game. He scored a goal out of nothing before, up until that moment I barely remember him in the game. We are so sh*t at going forward. When will we F**k this 4-3-3 sh*t off once and for all ?!

Just fuming with that performance today. All 11 players embarrassed the club tonight. Not one player stood out and can walk away with any credit.

Brendan is losing my support and F***ing fast too. Sort it out for fucks sake BR, go back to the diamond and play F***ing two upfront you little shithouse.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #750: Sep 13, 2015 12:25:47 am
      We can pick the performances of certain players apart but the fact of the matter is simple. We aren't good enough, as simple as that. The ownership is more about how the books look, the manager is well out of his depth and there are a number of players that just should never have been signed.

This result just emphasised that no matter how much money we throw at players in the transfer windows, the root problem of our downfall is much deeper. Rodgers is looking like a sinking ship, we signed Benteke for big money and although he scored one hell of a goal, he was useless for the rest of the game because Rodgers hasn't got a clue how to get us playing to his strengths other than boot long diagonal balls into him and hope for the best.

I could go on but like I said, it's simple so will cut straight to the chase. We aren't good enough and the lack of passion is a disgrace.

I'd rather have Gerrards 40 seconds last season than pretty much anyone of the lads performances at the moment, there is just no bite or desire to get well and truly stuck in!
      DanMann

• 5,773 posts | 887 
      Reply #751: Sep 13, 2015 12:26:06 am
      Yawn!! I imagine the lads who went, were more likely to be f**king off home than applauding.

It was a comment on here about it being a good goal, nothing to do with whether our fans should applaud you f**king gobs***e.

It's a personal choice, not a group collective thing, but then you don't really know the "Liverpool Way" do you? :f_whistle:

Looks like you have no clue what you are talking about mate. Let's leave it there. Stop digging holes.  ;)
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #752: Sep 13, 2015 12:33:27 am
      Suggesting Harry Redknapp as a manager should be a hangable offence.

He'd do a better job of getting his players fired up than Brendan can muster!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,308 posts | 8595 
      Reply #753: Sep 13, 2015 12:34:33 am
      He'd do a better job of getting his players fired up than Brendan can muster!

Yeah but do you allow someone to take the job that's advertised the s*n newspaper? I suppose it's a moral thing!!
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #754: Sep 13, 2015 12:52:44 am
      We're playing like a bunch of strangers under pressure.  We dare not lose, yet dare not try to win.  The pressure that Brendan is under is conveyed to the players and they play safety first, which seems to be to keep possession at all costs (which we can't) and go backwards (because there's space = safety),  which leads to Simon in goal.  He's nervy, and his distribution is indecisive and hesitant.  Unless he has time, in which case he kicks long, looking to Benteke to win it and hold it up.  We are not set up to play this way, yet we do it every time.  It's safety first football, and it reflects a total lack of two things:
      a) confidence
      b) leadership
      I'm inclined to err on the side of positivity but today has drained my resolve.  We need a better manager, and we need a HUGE character to lead these lads, because they're lost in the fog on the edge of the cliff right now, and they've no idea which way is up or down.  Only when all was lost did we play; when there was nothing to lose by trying.  That says it all.  We need to play every game like there's nothing to lose by trying, but fear is killing that.
      rossyred

• 9,300 posts | 1667 
      Reply #755: Sep 13, 2015 01:10:54 am
      The lack of passion is a real worry . But what worries me most is the lack of intent we showed until we went behind. Origi and ings have to be utilised more and show some threat because it was sadly lacking until we went behind
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #756: Sep 13, 2015 01:28:23 am
      This can't be right.  I was told everything was fine after we beat Stoke and Bournemouth. 

I was told to ignore the worrying signs.  That nothing was wrong.

RedrunstheColour
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #757: Sep 13, 2015 01:29:47 am
      Speechless about today's performance. I knew Henderson not playing would have meant a lack of character and leadership on the field and we shouldn't be relying on that. 300million spent and no team to show for it. Like I said, speechless.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #758: Sep 13, 2015 01:37:00 am
      This can't be right.  I was told everything was fine after we beat Stoke and Bournemouth. 

I was told to ignore the worrying signs.  That nothing was wrong.

You are my hero, d'you F***ing know that.

Quick Reply