Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will win?

Bordeaux Win
      21 (33.3%)
      Draw
      20 (31.7%)
      Liverpool Win
      22 (34.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Sep 17, 2015 01:27:13 pm

FC Girondins de Bordeaux vs Liverpool FC. Thu 17 September 2015, KO 1800 BST

Read 16650 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: FC Girondins de Bordeaux vs Liverpool FC. Thu 17 September 2015, KO 1800 BST
      Reply #115: Sep 17, 2015 09:33:50 am
      • Benteke, Skrtel, Lovren, Milner, Lucas and Clyne have not travelled

'kin hell....he better guarantee 3 points agaist Norwich on the weekend otherwise there will be even more sh*t he's going to have to deal with and that's not even taking into account the result of the Bordeaux game!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Re: FC Girondins de Bordeaux vs Liverpool FC. Thu 17 September 2015, KO 1800 BST
      Reply #116: Sep 17, 2015 09:35:41 am
      • Benteke, Skrtel, Lovren, Milner, Lucas and Clyne have not travelled

If true I think we will certainly lose tonight.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #117: Sep 17, 2015 09:38:21 am
      Says it all:

Two losses in a row, rip the only established players in the team out, travel away in a European game and already no F***ing clue.

I'm just F***ing done. He is so out of his depth it's embarrassing.

What's the point of the top four if this is how he'll treat our season? He's using an extra competition to play for as another chance to kind of see where we are after a few more months and then choose one to really push for. F**k off.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #118: Sep 17, 2015 09:38:28 am
      The only positive I can take from the way we will line up tonight is that Sakho will be starting. In all honesty, I'd have Bordeaux down for the win going into this. They will be bang up for this, will play their strongest line up and know we are there for the taking, especially because it's obvious Rodgers won't take this competition as a priority so will heavily rotate the team. Actually, that said, after our recent performances they deserve to be dropped anyway so a rotated team might be a blessing and show a bit of effort for a change.

I just think we drop the defenders that havent been up to scratch, there the ones that have been letting us down in recent games. I'd personally keep the midfielders and attackers the same as usual but with a different lay out in defence and see how that works. Also like to see how Bogdan is compared to Migs.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #119: Sep 17, 2015 09:42:08 am
      I just think we drop the defenders that havent been up to scratch, there the ones that have been letting us down in recent games. I'd personally keep the midfielders and attackers the same as usual but with a different lay out in defence and see how that works. Also like to see how Bogdan is compared to Migs.

To be honest mate, other than Coutinho I haven't been impressed by anyone further up the pitch either.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #120: Sep 17, 2015 09:46:36 am
      Every match appears to become more crucial for his future.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #121: Sep 17, 2015 09:51:59 am
      To be honest mate, other than Coutinho I haven't been impressed by anyone further up the pitch either.

Agree.

But more of a function of the team not even giving the others a chance to impress. Benteke has done as well as he could with the restrictions he is under right now (no support, no crosses etc.) and Firmino is playing right wing for some F***ing reason.

I can see us losing this one and Rodgers heading back to England content with the 'fantastic attitude, character and determination' his reserve-quality players have shown.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #122: Sep 17, 2015 10:48:59 am
      Agree.

But more of a function of the team not even giving the others a chance to impress. Benteke has done as well as he could with the restrictions he is under right now (no support, no crosses etc.) and Firmino is playing right wing for some f**king reason.

I can see us losing this one and Rodgers heading back to England content with the 'fantastic attitude, character and determination' his reserve-quality players have shown.

It's bizarre that we would pay over £60mill for two players alone, yet fail to play to either of their strengths and then leave one of them out of the team altogether when we are trying to build an attack around him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #123: Sep 17, 2015 10:51:28 am
      It's bizarre that we would pay over £60mill for two players alone, yet fail to play to either of their strengths and then leave one of them out of the team altogether when we are trying to build an attack around him.

Logic and sanity are two things the manager is lacking.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #124: Sep 17, 2015 10:51:33 am

I agree, I just see the defence make stupid mistakes then the rest of teams heads go down after we let one in. Obviously apart from Coutinho.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #125: Sep 17, 2015 11:45:45 am
      I think we'll comfortably win this one to be honest. I'm more worried about the four home games in a row to come.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #126: Sep 17, 2015 12:12:22 pm
      I think we'll comfortably win this one to be honest. I'm more worried about the four home games in a row to come.

I'd be a very surprised and happy guy if we won this comfortably.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #127: Sep 17, 2015 12:21:59 pm
      I'd be a very surprised and happy guy if we won this comfortably.

So would I.

I'm not confident going into any game these days.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #128: Sep 17, 2015 12:35:48 pm
      So would I.

I'm not confident going into any game these days.

Neither am i, although we are well overdue a win!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,661 posts | 7152 
      Reply #129: Sep 17, 2015 12:58:15 pm
      The thing is a good win tonight will help and why shouldn't it because winning football matches is why we love the game. I don't think many people believe we can recover and Brendan regain some respect but history does show it can be done. Howard Kendal was ready for the chop but one vital game completely changed his fortunes and the same with Ferguson. I think the problem for Brendan apart from the on field results many of us just see FSG as an exercise in increasing their personal wealth.
      I really hope we win tonight this should be a competetion that excites us as we have a great record in the former UEFA cup.
      If we have another turgid evening then the pressure is just going to move up another notch and Norwich will be no pushovers
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      Reply #130: Sep 17, 2015 01:09:05 pm
      Says it all:

Two losses in a row, rip the only established players in the team out, travel away in a European game and already no f**king clue.

I'm just f**king done. He is so out of his depth it's embarrassing.

What's the point of the top four if this is how he'll treat our season? He's using an extra competition to play for as another chance to kind of see where we are after a few more months and then choose one to really push for. F**k off.

Question bud, will u be getting up at 3AM to watch it?

EDIT: Just voted. Put it for a win as I couldn't bring myself to voting for a draw or loss.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #131: Sep 17, 2015 01:26:28 pm
      Says it all:

Two losses in a row, rip the only established players in the team out, travel away in a European game and already no F***ing clue.

I'm just F***ing done. He is so out of his depth it's embarrassing.

Says you think we'll lose, and a lot have no faith in us winning.
      Yup. Tough to keep the faith right now.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #132: Sep 17, 2015 01:33:28 pm
      Lose tonight and the pressure on him for the Norwich match will be unreal.

I do think we will somehow get a scrappy win tonight though. I imagine our football will be dire and the game in general will be dreadful though.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,223 posts | 4418 
      Reply #133: Sep 17, 2015 01:42:29 pm
      The way we are playing at the moment a draw away from home would be a good result.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #134: Sep 17, 2015 01:46:23 pm
      I see the Liverpool loss and a draw in the poll is taking pace
      Not many people are confident
      by the way I voted  a LIVERPOOL win  just for positivity, because I am very nervous , seeing how we are playing, the players we left home, playing away, and many other things

YNWA
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #135: Sep 17, 2015 01:47:10 pm
      Just how does he expect to build chemistry between the players when he's changing the lineup so often ? No wonder players like Markovic, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Ibe and so on struggle to find their place on the pitch, when they are given different roles every week.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      Reply #136: Sep 17, 2015 01:55:04 pm
      Just how does he expect to build chemistry between the players when he's changing the lineup so often ? No wonder players like Markovic, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Ibe and so on struggle to find their place on the pitch, when they are given different roles every week.

Agree with this George. Best thing for the lads to gel together is to go away to a foreign country. No better bonding experience.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #137: Sep 17, 2015 02:03:26 pm
      I've been stupid and including Liverpool on a 6 team Acca for tonight, a decision I'm still questioning. Whilst Bordeaux don't have that good of a team anymore if we start a load of youngsters then it could backfire massively. Ings, Origi, Ibe and Moreno need to step up to the plate tonight. Building confidence in this competition could lead to individual success in the Premier League and the domestic cups (E.g. Kane last season) so it's a big night for everybody.

Quick Reply