Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Liverpool FC v FC Sion, Europa League, Thursday 1st October, 8.05pm

Read 9906 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Liverpool FC v FC Sion, Europa League, Thursday 1st October, 8.05pm
      Reply #46: Sep 30, 2015 03:19:56 pm
      Interesting thread. Let's see those who now advocate a second string team in the event of a draw or loss, hold their tongues for the post match whinging and hold back the...

"Brendan shouldn't treat Europe with such arrogance, he hasn't won f**k all so therefore needs his best eleven in this very important cup competition", or the like.

To be fair mate, this is Sion not Real Madrid, I think the team I picked off this forum last week could give them a run for their money.

18 Managers in 4 years

One notable player in their history...  Gennaro Gattuso (Feb 25, 2013–March 25, 2013) He played for them for one month :)

Should be a walk in the park mate .... I am expecting a couple of goals from you.

4 - 0

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #47: Sep 30, 2015 04:25:09 pm

To be fair mate, this is Sion not Real Madrid, I think the team I picked off this forum last week could give them a run for their money.

18 Managers in 4 years

One notable player in their history...  Gennaro Gattuso (Feb 25, 2013–March 25, 2013) He played for them for one month :)

Should be a walk in the park mate .... I am expecting a couple of goals from you.

4 - 0

I won't take these so easily and over confidential  ,as you say

If I am right,they won their first game vs the other ''favourites'' along with LFC in the group
      ok they were at home , but I won't under-rate them IMO
      Yes we are capable of an easy win with the right mentality
      we should take it more seriously than anyone would think, especially the boss and players
      Anyway HOPE you will be right and we will have a confortable win , we need it for confidence
      YNWA

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #48: Sep 30, 2015 04:28:13 pm

I won't take these so easily and over confidential  ,as you say

If I am right,they won their first game vs the other ''favourites'' along with LFC in the group
      ok they were at home , but I won't under-rate them IMO
      Yes we are capable of an easy win with the right mentality
      we should take it more seriously than anyone would think, especially the boss and players
      Anyway HOPE you will be right and we will have a confortable win , we need it for confidence
      YNWA

The squad players getting a chance here must grab it, and show the hunger, If Ings starts we know he will drive the rest of the team forward.

We know on his day lallana can be very very good, he will get a chance to play in the no.10 (I hope) and Ibe who has been out of sorts has a chance to get back to his better form.

Its all there for the fringe lads.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #49: Sep 30, 2015 05:24:58 pm
      Interesting thread. Let's see those who now advocate a second string team in the event of a draw or loss, hold their tongues for the post match whinging and hold back the...

"Brendan shouldn't treat Europe with such arrogance, he hasn't won f**k all so therefore needs his best eleven in this very important cup competition", or the like.

Very good point mate. For my part, I couldn't at this stage give a f*ck about the Europa league. If we get ahead in it and get to say the quarter finals then I'll get interested, but until then it ought to be used as games to give the squad a run. If in doing so we go out of the thing altogether so be it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7142 
      Reply #50: Sep 30, 2015 05:59:15 pm
      what about Ludogrets we struggled to beat them and drew away. I can see us struggle if we do not get our much needed early goal
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #51: Sep 30, 2015 06:20:45 pm

Depending on how you view things of course. How about play your strongest side, win the game, increase confidence, beat Everton, then progress through EL and try win the bugger?!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #52: Sep 30, 2015 06:22:52 pm
      To be fair mate, this is Sion not Real Madrid

We can make anyone, and I mean anyone look like Real Madrid.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #53: Sep 30, 2015 06:26:15 pm
      Depending on how you view things of course. How about play your strongest side, win the game, increase confidence, beat Everton, then progress through EL and try win the bugger?!

All well and good but if he plays Sturridge and he picks up a knock  and isn't ready for the derby he'd get slaughtered.

Brendan said from the summer he was going to play a different side in the EL so I don't get what all the fuss is about now.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #54: Sep 30, 2015 06:36:24 pm

18 Managers in 4 years

4 - 0

I find it funny people are chucking in the excuses for if we don't manage to win tonight.

This should be an absolute walk in the park, anything other than a win would border on the embarrassment of not being able to put away Carlisle in 2 hrs of footy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #55: Sep 30, 2015 06:52:07 pm
      I find it funny people are chucking in the excuses for if we don't manage to win tonight.

This should be an absolute walk in the park, anything other than a win would border on the embarrassment of not being able to put away Carlisle in 2 hrs of footy.

Yep.

Even a changed 11 should be beating them.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #56: Sep 30, 2015 07:17:44 pm

Tonight? sh*t we in the CL?

But seriously, full strength team, no pissing around.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #57: Sep 30, 2015 07:49:38 pm
      Tonight? Sh*t we in the CL?

But seriously, full strength team, no pissing around.

Fair enough :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #58: Sep 30, 2015 08:04:05 pm

the words Liverpool and should don't seem to sit well together these days.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #59: Sep 30, 2015 08:26:55 pm
      the words Liverpool and should don't seem to sit well together these days.

Yep, unfortunately I agree with you.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #60: Sep 30, 2015 11:58:36 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYjwXpAiZhA

Usual Roy Evans team performance against Sion 6-3
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #61: Oct 01, 2015 08:25:54 am
      Yep.

Even a changed 11 should be beating them.

Should it really though, our European record in recent season has been piss poor. This team actually won something last season. They have had a couple of losses in the league, but won their 1st Europa game.

Defo think if did not have so many injuries & we were playing Everton at lunchtime sunday we would have started with a stronger team.

Exactly what I was saying Injuries and Everton game, restricting use of certain players, but also using it blood some younger players.

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge will be rested for the Europa League visit of Swiss side Sion on Thursday.

Belgium international Divock Origi, who has started just one match for the Reds since returning from a loan spell at Lille, is likely to play up front.

Forwards Christian Benteke (hamstring) and Roberto Firmino (leg) are also missing for Brendan Rodgers's side.

Skipper Jordan Henderson, out until mid-November with a broken foot, and defender Dejan Lovren are out.

Rodgers opted to give starts to a number of young players in the 1-1 draw at French side Bordeaux, and looks set to do the same against Sion.

The Reds travel to Everton for the first Merseyside derby of the season on Sunday.

"Our approach to this game is how it's been in the competition - this is an opportunity for young players and an opportunity for players on the fringe of the team that aren't getting so many games," said the Northern Irishman.

"But it's also going to require players that have been playing. Ultimately for us the aim is to win the game.

"We recognise that our home games in this competition are very important and we enter into it with that mindset. Then we can concentrate on the game on Sunday."
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2015 08:38:01 am by brezipool »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #62: Oct 01, 2015 08:50:48 am

Not finished in the top half of the table for 4 years

Tremble with F***ing fear  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #63: Oct 01, 2015 09:02:35 am
      Show how bad Celtic were few seasons back when they got knocked out but then escaped with a technicality. ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Oct 01, 2015 09:21:38 am
      Regardless of what form we're in, what form they're in or anything else, our team should be beating FC Sion. Some of those asking "should we though?", what would your reaction be if we were to draw or get beat? In all honesty, I'm assuming you'd be saying we should have beaten them and that we're sh*t for not doing so.

I'm not saying they're completely sh*t but we're definitely better. They beat Rubin Kazan but they're shocking at the minute with 2 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses in their league.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Oct 01, 2015 09:32:45 am
      Regardless of what form we're in, what form they're in or anything else, our team should be beating FC Sion. Some of those asking "should we though?", what would your reaction be if we were to draw or get beat? In all honesty, I'm assuming you'd be saying we should have beaten them and that we're sh*t for not doing so.

I'm not saying they're completely sh*t but we're definitely better. They beat Rubin Kazan but they're shocking at the minute with 2 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses in their league.

Yes obv. we should be beating them, but....

1) our form is poor as well, what is it 1 win in 7 ?
      2) our recent European form is even worse
      3) we are using the squad

Personally think the team that we are putting out there should win, we have some quality internationals starting and some cracking young players. Origi might be 4th choice striker, but he played at the last world cup ffs. This could be the game that gets him going.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #66: Oct 01, 2015 10:11:18 am
      1) our form is poor as well, what is it 1 win in 7 ?

Or as Brendan would say ... undefeated in our last 4 games. :)

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #67: Oct 01, 2015 10:23:22 am
      Or as Brendan would say ... undefeated in our last 4 games. :)

;D.

As old Obi wan Kenibo would say 'true from a certain point of view'
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #68: Oct 01, 2015 11:19:43 am
      Regardless of what might think about the Europa, would really like to win tonight, to progress in the competition sure, but more importantly for me right now to get some momentum going into the weekend. Winning is a habit. Need to get hooked asap...

Quick Reply