Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Which side of Merseyside will be happy come Sunday tea time?

Everton win.
      25 (34.2%)
      Draw
      20 (27.4%)
      Liverpool win.
      28 (38.4%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Oct 04, 2015 06:55:45 pm

Pre Match: Everton v Liverpool Sunday, 4 October, KO 13:30 BST

Read 10116 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Pre Match: Everton v Liverpool Sunday, 4 October, KO 13:30 BST
      Oct 02, 2015 06:52:52 pm

Everton v Liverpool

I'll bite:

TEAM NEWS
      Everton
      defenders John Stones and Seamus Coleman could return from respective knee and hamstring injuries for Sunday's 225th Merseyside derby.

Muhamed Besic is unlikely to recover in time from a hamstring problem, while Kevin Mirallas is still suspended.

Liverpool striker Christian Benteke faces a late assessment on his fitness, having missed the last three matches with a hamstring injury.

Roberto Firmino, Jordan Henderson and Dejan Lovren remain sidelined.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
      Everton
      manager Roberto Martinez: "If you take the way we have started, we are showing a little bit of form and that could see us as favourites.

"But if you look at it in terms of the amount of money Liverpool spent over the last three seasons, clearly they need to be the favourites and the ones carrying expectations."

"Getting three points would allow us to make a really promising start a really exciting start, and the derby is a fixture in which we want to give our fans a real sense of satisfaction."

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers: "We will always take the favourite tag. When you are at Liverpool that is what you want.

"It shows you the level of expectancy here as opposed to another club. We are happy to live with that.

"We are only a couple of points from where we want to be in the top four. It is still very early on in the season and we are making progress as we go along and we have some outstanding players to come back into the reckoning."

MATCH FACTS
      Head-to-head

•Everton have not beaten Liverpool in the last nine attempts in the league (D6, L3). They have not endured a longer winless league streak in this fixture since an 11-match run between 1979 and 1984.
      •Liverpool's only defeat in the 17 most recent league meetings came at Goodison Park in October 2010 (W8, D8, L1). Five of the last six games have been drawn.
      •The Merseyside derby has produced 20 red cards in the Premier League, more than any other fixture in the division. However, there has not been a sending off in the last eight derbies in league and cup since Jack Rodwell's red card in 2011 - which was later rescinded.
      •Everton have not been awarded a penalty in this fixture since David Unsworth scored at Goodison Park in April 2003.
      Everton

•Roberto Martinez's side are unbeaten in four matches but have not recorded back-to-back league wins since April.
      •Victory over Chelsea in their last home match ended a run of one point from four games at Goodison Park.
      •Everton's victory at West Brom on Monday was the first time in 21 years they have come from two goals behind to win a Premier League game.
      •The Toffees have scored three goals in half of their last six league games but failed to score in the other three.
      •Romelu Lukaku's only league goal at Goodison Park in 2015 was a penalty in the 3-0 victory against Newcastle on 15 March.
      Liverpool

•The Reds have only won one of their last eight Premier League away games, scoring just five goals (D3, L4).
      •They have conceded nine goals in their last four league games, having kept clean sheets in their opening three matches of the season.
      •Daniel Sturridge has scored six goals in his last eight league and cup games against Everton.
      •Sturridge has the best goals per game ratio (0.65) of any Liverpool player in Premier League history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34372497

Knock yourselves out, personally, as things stand, this really is just another game for me.

We win, then all is great and nothing changes.
      We get beaten, it's work in progress, and nothing changes.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Pre Match: Everton v Liverpool Sunday, 4 October, KO 13:30 BST
      Reply #1: Oct 02, 2015 06:55:46 pm
      Well a poll was added against Villa and we somehow managed the win so let's see if it works again for this game.

Personally, I think we are going to lose this game. Everton will step their game up like against Chelsea and know this is their chance to really take advantage.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Oct 02, 2015 06:59:12 pm
      The bullshit derby ? Both managers trying to match each others verbal diaorreah. Must play on the front foot, same team as the villa match, get at them, play to our strengths (ahem), going for a 2-1 win
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #3: Oct 02, 2015 06:59:41 pm
      Would hate it if Rodgers lost his job after getting beat by the Bitters................. .... Just win.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #4: Oct 02, 2015 07:10:16 pm
      A thought just occurred to me that we no longer have any players that Everton supporters hate with a venom, well at least not like "hated" in the past.

Just what/who will they boo? They will probably start with the Toffee lady and go on from there....
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Oct 02, 2015 07:18:26 pm
                Bogdan
      Clyne Skrtel Sakho Gomez
         Can Milner Lucas
              Coutinho
           Ings Sturridge

Don't think he'll start Bogdan, but I reckon we need to move on from Migs ... though not sure Bogdan is up to it, but would give him a chance.
      Gomez in for Moreno, just think he's stronger defender and we will be a bit more focused on that, than the attacking, at least from the off.
      Was thinking might start Lallana, but away to these, probably not. We need to get tackles in, so go for Milner/Can/Lucas.
      Then Cou, Ings and Studge.
      They're in better form, they'll be going all out for the win ... so that gives us a chance on the break if we're good enough to take chances when they come. A lot will depend on Studge.
      Am sure BR can't even contemplate a loss...

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6: Oct 02, 2015 07:18:50 pm
      Would hate it if Rodgers lost his job after getting beat by the Bitters................. .... Just win.

Think it was Mick who posted 6/4 being a great price for Everton to do us in this and I can only but agree. Brendan may have said they've had a good start and we've had a disaster but yet 'only' a point behind them but we all know that doesn't begin to tell the difference in starts we've had.

I think we're set up for them to perform, we're basically on the ropes ready for a knockout punch and what more motivation will they need.

Really hope we play Danny Ings for this, I think with him we have a chance of really unsettling their defence and perhaps grabbing a goal or two, especially if Studge is on form, I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet at the other end. Maybe we squeak a 2-1 win and go on a roll because there's no denying how this game can swing confidence and momentum but if I'm brutally honest I see us losing 3-1 and the fact I'm thinking that without anger raging over me shows how not only expectations have been dumbed down but also emotion.

Many have said how apathetic they are now towards the club and how the heart has been ripped from the club, the identity of what we've all seen grow over generations now missing. This is a chance to show us that we're wrong, to light fires were smouldering ashes lie, re-ignite the passion not only in the fans but in the players and show what it means to play for Liverpool because if you fail to do it in the derby then the boos will resonate far and wide. This could be both a turning point for good or a tipping point, as jovial as Brendan may have seemed following the dismal result against Sion, I hope he realises just how big a game this is.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #7: Oct 02, 2015 07:22:03 pm
      Mignolet
      Can     Toure     Sakho
      Clyne         Milner      Lucas          Moreno
      Coutinho
      Ings     Sturridge
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Oct 02, 2015 07:43:58 pm
      We need Sakho marking Lukaku at set pieces, the only defender we have that I have confidence in when it comes to stopping Lukaku aerially.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #9: Oct 02, 2015 07:52:04 pm
      Everton have to be favourites especially with it being at Goodison. Getting beaten by them will be very painful I dont give a sh*t about Brendan
      I give a sh*t about having to be ridiculed by the blueshite for the next 6 months
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2015 08:37:12 pm by waltonl4 »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Oct 02, 2015 08:31:42 pm
      A thought just occurred to me that we no longer have any players that Everton supporters hate with a venom, well at least not like "hated" in the past.

Just what/who will they boo? They will probably start with the Toffee lady and go on from there....

They'll still sing about Gerrard  :confused-smiley-013:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #11: Oct 02, 2015 08:40:05 pm
      They'll still sing about Gerrard  :confused-smiley-013:

they always will...and there you have the bluenose.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Oct 02, 2015 08:47:38 pm
      they always will...and there you have the bluenose.

and bitter at that !!  :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #13: Oct 02, 2015 09:17:42 pm
                                                                    Mignolet
                                                       Gomez    Skrtel    Sakho
                                               Clyne        Can       Milner        Moreno
                                                                 Coutinho
                                                            Ings     Sturridge

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #14: Oct 02, 2015 09:24:27 pm
      Pessimistic lot you. :(

I say we will beat the bitters 2-1 and Brendan will be safe until end of season. :)

Benteke to score the 2 goals. ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15: Oct 02, 2015 09:30:20 pm
      Brendan will be safe until end of season

Who's being pessimistic now ! :)

I think we will go 4 at the back for this game.

Mignolet

Clyne              Skrtel             Sakho       Moreno 

Lucas
                             Milner         Can

Coutinho

Sturridge   Ings

3 - 2  win
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #16: Oct 02, 2015 10:33:07 pm
      Pessimistic lot you. :(

I say we will beat the bitters 2-1 and Brendan will be safe until end of season. :)

Benteke to score the 2 goals. ;)

brendan will be gone next week and Benteke is still injured
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #17: Oct 02, 2015 11:47:59 pm
      16 posts so far on the local derby sums up the apathy that people  have towards the club at the moment.

I can't recall it being this bad during the reign of the Hodge!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18: Oct 03, 2015 12:32:46 am
      Blue onslaught over Red.

My poo poo valve is open and constantly discharging at the thought of this fixture.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #19: Oct 03, 2015 01:01:12 am
      2-1 reds
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Oct 03, 2015 01:22:16 am
      A win against Everton and we're back in the hunt. Let's hope the first team perform a bit more than most of the second string showed in midweek. I'd prefer to see us go with a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 (narrow diamond) and put the extra number in midfield but no doubt we'll go with a back 3/5 and continuously lose possession in the middle like we have done for the past few games.

Mignolet

Can Skrtel Sakho

Clyne                           Moreno

Lucas Milner

Coutinho

Sturridge Ings

I expect to see that line up
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #21: Oct 03, 2015 06:52:07 am
      It hurts as a LIVERPOOL fan, to see fellow reds that will be happy to lose the derby ,
      JUST to see the back of Rodgers
       No officiality that   Rodgers will be sacked if he loses the derby ,  although its being proposed by the media
      don't think Brendan's future at the club depends  on this one game
      if he is to be sacked , the decision is already taken , win or lose the derby
      SO  I voted YES ,a red win ,in the poll, not because I want a   Rodgers stay
      BUT because I want to be positive and want my team to win every-game especially derbies
      YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: Oct 03, 2015 08:03:53 am
      Think it was Mick who posted 6/4 being a great price for Everton to do us in this and I can only but agree. Brendan may have said they've had a good start and we've had a disaster but yet 'only' a point behind them but we all know that doesn't begin to tell the difference in starts we've had.

I think we're set up for them to perform, we're basically on the ropes ready for a knockout punch and what more motivation will they need.

Really hope we play Danny Ings for this, I think with him we have a chance of really unsettling their defence and perhaps grabbing a goal or two, especially if Studge is on form, I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet at the other end. Maybe we squeak a 2-1 win and go on a roll because there's no denying how this game can swing confidence and momentum but if I'm brutally honest I see us losing 3-1 and the fact I'm thinking that without anger raging over me shows how not only expectations have been dumbed down but also emotion.

Many have said how apathetic they are now towards the club and how the heart has been ripped from the club, the identity of what we've all seen grow over generations now missing. This is a chance to show us that we're wrong, to light fires were smouldering ashes lie, re-ignite the passion not only in the fans but in the players and show what it means to play for Liverpool because if you fail to do it in the derby then the boos will resonate far and wide. This could be both a turning point for good or a tipping point, as jovial as Brendan may have seemed following the dismal result against Sion, I hope he realises just how big a game this is.

Great Post Luke,

Wish I had the same positivity but I really cannot see us getting much if anything out of Blueshite,
      While they are firing we've yet to ignite the kindling,

I'm not so sure BR realises just how pivotal this match is if I'm honest,  he doesn't come across as a manager who has the confidence his players will have that will to win,  that fighting spirit you need, the extra 10% that will be needed to beat them,

As usual it's all soundbites and bullshit,  we're only a win away from top 4, yes maybe, but we're only one loss away from the bottom of the mountain,  the one that's higher than last season's,

My fear is they could turn us over big style,  they are playing as a unit, are familiar with one another's positioning,  have a established way of playing,  are organised and full of confidence, 
      Can't say that about us can we?

Unlike me to be negative but I can't help how I feel,  my heart says we will scrape a win, but my brain is flashing a massive red warning sign.

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #23: Oct 03, 2015 09:38:02 am
      I want to see our REDS thrash Everton and send Rodgers on his way with a win. Rodgers has to realise it is us supporters that have to put up with the angst when we lose.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #24: Oct 03, 2015 09:42:37 am
      Is their such a thing as downbeat optimism? 
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #25: Oct 03, 2015 10:38:03 am
      Who's being pessimistic now ! :)

I think we will go 4 at the back for this game.

Mignolet

Clyne              Skrtel             Sakho       Moreno 

Lucas
                             Milner         Can

Coutinho

Sturridge   Ings

3 - 2  win

This!!
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #26: Oct 03, 2015 10:59:04 am
      Prediction;

Sturridge to score 7, we still lose 8-7

Its easy to coach "defending"
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #27: Oct 03, 2015 12:15:58 pm
      3-1 to us, Sturridge grabbing 2 and Lallana with the third.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #28: Oct 03, 2015 12:17:18 pm
      Listening to City talk and the memories of the Derby Goals. This game used to be the biggest game of the season by a mile it was a Cup Final on a par with anything else and winning at Goodison was just the best feeling in the world. I cant be that arsed now win lose or draw life goes on. the wonderful Shankly quote about the importance of football has no longer any relevance. For me this should be the game of the season the one that gives you the greatest feeling and now its the "apathetic Derby"
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #29: Oct 03, 2015 12:18:55 pm
      Is their such a thing as downbeat optimism? 

Not sure what to thnk mate a defeat should really be painful against this lot but it will probably barely get a shrug of the shoulder if we dont win.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #30: Oct 03, 2015 12:39:32 pm
      We don't deserve any luck, we have had too much already. We need a performance, a sign of hope and a united team. Something we haven't seen for about 18 months.

COME ON FOR FUCKS SAKE....
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #31: Oct 03, 2015 02:22:19 pm
      Wow Walt, sounds like you have given up! get some f*cking positivity in ya bones. Always keep the faith!!

How can you find positivity regarding our football? It's been dire for ages now.

I can see why Walt is at his wits end with this shambles. The game on Thursday night really would have been the straw that broke the camels back. It did mine.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Oct 03, 2015 02:22:23 pm
      We will just about win this Studger will be the diff.

Bit like Walton though I'm a bit meh about it, taking my daughter to her match in the morning, I'm much more bothered about that tbh.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #33: Oct 03, 2015 02:58:15 pm
       Voted for a reds win because i love the club so much. Don't really think it will happen though.  Heart rule head comes to mind.
      Although I have sorted out  the issue of players being out of position, and strange set ups. Brendan comes on here and see's all the different team options that get posted. Having noted all the permutations, he goes away and selects something that hasn't been mentioned. Just so he can say its his team selection and set up, and his only!  :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #34: Oct 03, 2015 04:10:31 pm
      How can you find positivity regarding our football? It's been dire for ages now.

I can see why Walt is at his wits end with this shambles. The game on Thursday night really would have been the straw that broke the camels back. It did mine.

I was listening to David Fairclough describe his St Etienne goal this morning.just think of that night and then think of Sion and then ask on what planet are these two games even comparible. The atmosphere for the St Etienne was just out of this world possibly the best ever at Anfield and then the Sion game. We are being kidded by FSG by Brendan and by most of the players they are all taking the piss as far as I am concerned.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #35: Oct 03, 2015 05:14:45 pm
      I was listening to David Fairclough describe his St Etienne goal this morning.just think of that night and then think of Sion and then ask on what planet are these two games even comparible. The atmosphere for the St Etienne was just out of this world possibly the best ever at Anfield and then the Sion game. We are being kidded by FSG by Brendan and by most of the players they are all taking the piss as far as I am concerned.

Are you sure the Fairclough goal is real? It's hard to imagine the once mightiest team in Europe was supposedly the same club we're offered these days.

Fairclough was before my time, but I have been told on many occasion what a super player he was. In fact the first super sub? Anyhow, we've had Daglish, Rush, Barnes, Molby, Souness, Hansen, Gerrard to name a few of the greats we've enjoyed over the decades. Our best player now is Coutihno, and as good as he is, he's temperamental. Plus when he hits regular form, he'll be off.

We had a legacy to follow upon, but somehow it's been lost in transition through various changes. The one thing that should have remained constant however is someone at the club who knows EXACTLY what the club is meant to represent. Unfortunately, when Rafa and Kenny were turfed out and yes men put in, the element of continuity was destroyed.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #36: Oct 03, 2015 05:59:05 pm

Are you sure the Fairclough goal is real? It's hard to imagine the once mightiest team in Europe was supposedly the same club we're offered these days.

Fairclough was before my time, but I have been told on many occasion what a super player he was. In fact the first super sub? Anyhow, we've had Daglish, Rush, Barnes, Molby, Souness, Hansen, Gerrard to name a few of the greats we've enjoyed over the decades. Our best player now is Coutihno, and as good as he is, he's temperamental. Plus when he hits regular form, he'll be off.

We had a legacy to follow upon, but somehow it's been lost in transition through various changes. The one thing that should have remained constant however is someone at the club who knows EXACTLY what the club is meant to represent. Unfortunately, when Rafa and Kenny were turfed out and yes men put in, the element of continuity was destroyed.

you dont need to go back 40 years 2007=2009 we were still among Europes elite and then FSG happend the rest is history they thought they could change how a club is run well they did that at the expense of having a football team. I detest everything that they stand for and tomorrow is now an irrelavance thanks to them.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #37: Oct 03, 2015 06:43:22 pm
      you dont need to go back 40 years 2007=2009 we were still among Europes elite and then FSG happend the rest is history they thought they could change how a club is run well they did that at the expense of having a football team. I detest everything that they stand for and tomorrow is now an irrelavance thanks to them.

Quite right. We were awesome in Europe under Rafa. But he wasn't a yes man and gave the then owners a mighty headache 😊.

Unfortunately for Rafa, one season of bad luck and the scum had the excuse they needed to get shot of.

When FSG entered the fray, would it surely not have made sense to get onboard a manager who enjoyed relatively great success in European competition and knew what it would take to get it back?

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #38: Oct 03, 2015 06:52:52 pm
      Quite right. We were awesome in Europe under Rafa. But he wasn't a yes man and gave the then owners a mighty headache 😊.

Unfortunately for Rafa, one season of bad luck and the scum had the excuse they needed to get shot of.

When FSG entered the fray, would it surely not have made sense to get onboard a manager who enjoyed relatively great success in European competition and knew what it would take to get it back?

would you say this squad is better than Rafa's 2005 squad it has to be surely. So why are we dreading tomorrows game
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #39: Oct 03, 2015 07:01:03 pm
      Wow Walt, sounds like you have given up! get some f*cking positivity in ya bones. Always keep the faith!!

I am positive ,positve I am enjoying watching chelsea get twatted 3-1 now sorry forderailing the thread
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #40: Oct 03, 2015 07:15:56 pm
      would you say this squad is better than Rafa's 2005 squad it has to be surely. So why are we dreading tomorrows game

I would say that definitely Brendan has a better squad. But Rafa had the good fortune of having Stevie G that particular night. But the difference between Rafa and Rodgers is embarrassing. At best!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #41: Oct 03, 2015 07:19:43 pm
      I would say that definitely Brendan has a better squad. But Rafa had the good fortune of having Stevie G that particular night. But the difference between Rafa and Rodgers is embarrassing. At best!

he also had Dudek,Traeore,Biscan,Baros,Cheyrou the list goes on.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #42: Oct 03, 2015 07:26:13 pm
      Yet again Chelsea lose and Mourinho laughably looking like the prize pr**k he is. But.......

Chelsea are offering 4th position on a F***ing plate to us. So it will probably go to Spurs.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #43: Oct 03, 2015 09:30:25 pm
      Win tomorrow and we're likely to be 6th on goal difference and 4 points off the top. Just saying like.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #44: Oct 03, 2015 09:58:15 pm
      Be great to beat the blueshite as ever.

But see this one being a draw.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #45: Oct 03, 2015 10:55:28 pm
      Funny old season so far. Literally, anything can happen. I agree that the PL is the best league in terms of shock factor, anyone can beat anyone. But in terms of actual quality? Not a chance!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #46: Oct 03, 2015 11:13:25 pm
      I would hope the new players would be well up to speed on the rivalry between "us and them" to know just how important this match is.
      I suspect the atmosphere will be enough to fire the lads up regardless.
      I don't fear Everton, they're nothing! Nobodies! Outside of Liverpool they're not even a big team ffs!
      We need to go out there and make fools of them in their own back yard, and put them in their place!
      F**k them!  :tosser: :action-smiley-055:

*edit* This should be Brendan's team talk!  :boxing:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #47: Oct 03, 2015 11:21:14 pm
      I would hope the new players would be well up to speed on the rivalry between "us and them" to know just how important this match is.
      I don't fear Everton, they're nothing! Nobodies! Outside of Liverpool they're not even a big team ffs!
      We need to go out there and make fools of them in their own back yard, and put them in their place!

They aren't a big team in Liverpool either ;D
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #48: Oct 04, 2015 01:45:57 am
      This has Sturridge written all over it.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #49: Oct 04, 2015 01:58:55 am
      Where was u sat that night against St.Etienne?  I was with me da aged 5 can't compare the crowd back then to today's crowds as it's a different generation altogether. If you never experienced those days in real life back then watching&listening to  it today must be sh*te. Thursday nites atmosphere from what I saw on t.v. was awful.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #50: Oct 04, 2015 07:53:57 am
      Comparatively, most matches in all comps are pretty sh*te atmosphere today.
      Not enough local scousers in the crowd nowadays, unfortunately.
      Talking of which, where did they all go ? There was never as many travelling fans then as there are today, so what became of the locals who used to fill the ground week in week out, and with the terraces, many more as well.
      Sorry, bit off topic, but it grates a bit.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #51: Oct 04, 2015 08:11:54 am
      More people picking an Everton win than any other result on here. Good to see we're supporting our team. No wonder the atmosphere has been sh*te at all our games this year, just because you don't agree with the manager doesn't mean you should stop supporting. Too many part-timers.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #52: Oct 04, 2015 08:15:16 am

All of the orchard county is right beside you braw. Let's do these Hoors. :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2015 08:26:30 am by bad boy bubby »
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #53: Oct 04, 2015 08:54:56 am
      More people picking an Everton win than any other result on here. Good to see we're supporting our team. No wonder the atmosphere has been sh*te at all our games this year, just because you don't agree with the manager doesn't mean you should stop supporting. Too many part-timers.

Agree wholey with you on this one, I have never and will never predict a loss for my team, when all optimism and hope is gone you may as well f**k off and follow another team in my eyes!
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #54: Oct 04, 2015 09:06:22 am
      Every time they get themselves fired up and think it'll be a walk for them we do them.

We'll have these and have them easy today, I'm sure of it, let's put a performance in reds!
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2015 10:50:45 am by RedWilly »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #55: Oct 04, 2015 09:16:18 am
      All of the orchard county is right beside you braw. Let's do these Hoors. :laugh:

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #56: Oct 04, 2015 09:21:31 am
      Apparently same team as against Villa

Hoping we win by the same score 3-2
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #57: Oct 04, 2015 09:32:45 am

A win by any score will suffice s@int.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      Reply #58: Oct 04, 2015 09:36:27 am
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #59: Oct 04, 2015 09:43:00 am

But how will everyone know how clever I am if I don't get the score right ?

:)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #60: Oct 04, 2015 09:47:00 am

Can at CB? F**k that!
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2015 10:09:30 am by ORCHARD RED »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #61: Oct 04, 2015 09:49:05 am
      C'mon mighty red men. We should be better than this lot - time to prove it.

More apprehensive than I have been for a derby in a long time - last time I felt like this before a game was versus the Arse last year.........and we won 5-1!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #62: Oct 04, 2015 09:52:38 am
      When we had 2 fit strikers who were in form ( in the season that nearly was )we played 4 4 2 so lets do that today please, quick out of the blocks with no mercy. If we keep playing this 3 in the back crap I'm going to cry. I personally think this is the game that could seal Brendan's fate.

Migs
      Clyne           Skrtel           Sakho    Moreno

Lucas

Milner                     Can

Coutinho

Sturridge                         Ings
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #63: Oct 04, 2015 10:11:20 am
      The only possible reason he can have for Can at CB is that he can bring the ball out and join with the midfield which I really hope outweighs the fact that he cant defend is caught on his heels, ball watches and loses track of man . Would have been more solid with Toure .
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #64: Oct 04, 2015 10:11:43 am
      This has Sturridge written all over it.

It better have.

I dropped Aguero from my FF, brought in Sturridge and made him captain.

Sturridge had better score 5 !!!!!  :lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #65: Oct 04, 2015 10:13:44 am

Love that.

Glad to hear at least one of our players is up for this game!!

“He was super-focused, the only thing he talked about was the derby and not losing it. It’s something I learned from him."
      Lucas Leiva says he learned a lot about Merseyside derbies from former ‪#‎LFC‬ captain Steven Gerrard.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #66: Oct 04, 2015 10:33:32 am

Sufficient yes, but i predicted 2-1 to us and am greedy !!!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #67: Oct 04, 2015 10:45:59 am
                                    MIGNOLET

CLYNE         SKRTEL        SAKHO     MORENO

MILNER         LUCAS

TEIXEIRA      COUTINHO      LALLANA

STURRIDGE

Why are they all in caps?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #68: Oct 04, 2015 11:15:48 am
      Best of luck today redmen.. Get about them
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #69: Oct 04, 2015 11:24:22 am
                                    MIGNOLET

CLYNE         SKRTEL        SAKHO     MORENO

MILNER         LUCAS

TEIXEIRA      COUTINHO      LALLANA

STURRIDGE

Actually forgot about Teixeira has he even featured on the bench?

Anyway not a chance Tex will start or we will play 4 at the back.

It will be the same team and formation as last weekend.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #70: Oct 04, 2015 11:29:12 am
      Expect to see the back 3 again with wingbacks pushed right up. I don't feel comfortable calling it a back 5 when Moreno was our most advanced player for most of the match. Imagine it'll be largely the same team that played Villa.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #71: Oct 04, 2015 11:30:06 am
      No Stevie

First derby in 30 years without a Scouser in the team.

Lost Our DNA.

Last 21 (all) games  ....... 6 wins.

I have become   Un-Comfortably Numb.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #72: Oct 04, 2015 11:42:23 am
      No Stevie

First derby in 30 years without a Scouser in the team.

Lost Our DNA.

Last 21 (all) games  ....... 6 wins.

Haikus are easy

But sometimes they don't make sense

Refrigerator.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #73: Oct 04, 2015 11:50:55 am
      Id like to say I'm indifferent to the outcome, that there are more important things to get annoyed about than a footy match but F**k that, it's the bitters!

Let's pummel these tw*ts back down to their rightful place, below us  ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      Reply #74: Oct 04, 2015 12:01:14 pm
      1st Derby of the season, pre-match thread... 90 mins to go... only on page 3.

This is like waiting for your exam results, when you know the grade, 'cos you never sat the exam.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #75: Oct 04, 2015 12:10:51 pm
      Comparatively, most matches in all comps are pretty sh*te atmosphere today.
      Not enough local scousers in the crowd nowadays, unfortunately.
      Talking of which, where did they all go ? There was never as many travelling fans then as there are today, so what became of the locals who used to fill the ground week in week out, and with the terraces, many more as well.
      Sorry, bit off topic, but it grates a bit.

The locals have been priced out of the game I'm afraid to say.
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #76: Oct 04, 2015 12:20:28 pm
      for the first time in years i have no confidence going into a match against the bitters, i really pray i'm wrong but i can see us getting stuffed in this even tho i voted for a red win in the poll
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #77: Oct 04, 2015 12:30:39 pm
      read on twitter its the same lineup as against AV
      waiting for clint's match thread to be sure

come on you REDS
      YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #78: Oct 04, 2015 12:35:14 pm
      Haikus are easy

But sometimes they don't make sense

Refrigerator.

you are Eric Cantona aren't you. what about the sardines?.
      I have had a shitty day having been in the Royal all night I have just come home for a couple of hours so I would really love to see the boys destroy the blueshite.

Quick Reply