Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Which side of Merseyside will be happy come Sunday tea time?

Everton win.
      25 (34.2%)
      Draw
      20 (27.4%)
      Liverpool win.
      28 (38.4%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Oct 04, 2015 06:55:45 pm

Pre Match: Everton v Liverpool Sunday, 4 October, KO 13:30 BST

Read 10119 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Pre Match: Everton v Liverpool Sunday, 4 October, KO 13:30 BST
      Reply #23: Oct 03, 2015 09:38:02 am
      I want to see our REDS thrash Everton and send Rodgers on his way with a win. Rodgers has to realise it is us supporters that have to put up with the angst when we lose.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #24: Oct 03, 2015 09:42:37 am
      Is their such a thing as downbeat optimism? 
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #25: Oct 03, 2015 10:38:03 am
      Who's being pessimistic now ! :)

I think we will go 4 at the back for this game.

Mignolet

Clyne              Skrtel             Sakho       Moreno 

Lucas
                             Milner         Can

Coutinho

Sturridge   Ings

3 - 2  win

This!!
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #26: Oct 03, 2015 10:59:04 am
      Prediction;

Sturridge to score 7, we still lose 8-7

Its easy to coach "defending"
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #27: Oct 03, 2015 12:15:58 pm
      3-1 to us, Sturridge grabbing 2 and Lallana with the third.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #28: Oct 03, 2015 12:17:18 pm
      Listening to City talk and the memories of the Derby Goals. This game used to be the biggest game of the season by a mile it was a Cup Final on a par with anything else and winning at Goodison was just the best feeling in the world. I cant be that arsed now win lose or draw life goes on. the wonderful Shankly quote about the importance of football has no longer any relevance. For me this should be the game of the season the one that gives you the greatest feeling and now its the "apathetic Derby"
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #29: Oct 03, 2015 12:18:55 pm
      Is their such a thing as downbeat optimism? 

Not sure what to thnk mate a defeat should really be painful against this lot but it will probably barely get a shrug of the shoulder if we dont win.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #30: Oct 03, 2015 12:39:32 pm
      We don't deserve any luck, we have had too much already. We need a performance, a sign of hope and a united team. Something we haven't seen for about 18 months.

COME ON FOR FUCKS SAKE....
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #31: Oct 03, 2015 02:22:19 pm
      Wow Walt, sounds like you have given up! get some f*cking positivity in ya bones. Always keep the faith!!

How can you find positivity regarding our football? It's been dire for ages now.

I can see why Walt is at his wits end with this shambles. The game on Thursday night really would have been the straw that broke the camels back. It did mine.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Oct 03, 2015 02:22:23 pm
      We will just about win this Studger will be the diff.

Bit like Walton though I'm a bit meh about it, taking my daughter to her match in the morning, I'm much more bothered about that tbh.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #33: Oct 03, 2015 02:58:15 pm
       Voted for a reds win because i love the club so much. Don't really think it will happen though.  Heart rule head comes to mind.
      Although I have sorted out  the issue of players being out of position, and strange set ups. Brendan comes on here and see's all the different team options that get posted. Having noted all the permutations, he goes away and selects something that hasn't been mentioned. Just so he can say its his team selection and set up, and his only!  :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #34: Oct 03, 2015 04:10:31 pm
      How can you find positivity regarding our football? It's been dire for ages now.

I can see why Walt is at his wits end with this shambles. The game on Thursday night really would have been the straw that broke the camels back. It did mine.

I was listening to David Fairclough describe his St Etienne goal this morning.just think of that night and then think of Sion and then ask on what planet are these two games even comparible. The atmosphere for the St Etienne was just out of this world possibly the best ever at Anfield and then the Sion game. We are being kidded by FSG by Brendan and by most of the players they are all taking the piss as far as I am concerned.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #35: Oct 03, 2015 05:14:45 pm
      I was listening to David Fairclough describe his St Etienne goal this morning.just think of that night and then think of Sion and then ask on what planet are these two games even comparible. The atmosphere for the St Etienne was just out of this world possibly the best ever at Anfield and then the Sion game. We are being kidded by FSG by Brendan and by most of the players they are all taking the piss as far as I am concerned.

Are you sure the Fairclough goal is real? It's hard to imagine the once mightiest team in Europe was supposedly the same club we're offered these days.

Fairclough was before my time, but I have been told on many occasion what a super player he was. In fact the first super sub? Anyhow, we've had Daglish, Rush, Barnes, Molby, Souness, Hansen, Gerrard to name a few of the greats we've enjoyed over the decades. Our best player now is Coutihno, and as good as he is, he's temperamental. Plus when he hits regular form, he'll be off.

We had a legacy to follow upon, but somehow it's been lost in transition through various changes. The one thing that should have remained constant however is someone at the club who knows EXACTLY what the club is meant to represent. Unfortunately, when Rafa and Kenny were turfed out and yes men put in, the element of continuity was destroyed.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #36: Oct 03, 2015 05:59:05 pm

Are you sure the Fairclough goal is real? It's hard to imagine the once mightiest team in Europe was supposedly the same club we're offered these days.

Fairclough was before my time, but I have been told on many occasion what a super player he was. In fact the first super sub? Anyhow, we've had Daglish, Rush, Barnes, Molby, Souness, Hansen, Gerrard to name a few of the greats we've enjoyed over the decades. Our best player now is Coutihno, and as good as he is, he's temperamental. Plus when he hits regular form, he'll be off.

We had a legacy to follow upon, but somehow it's been lost in transition through various changes. The one thing that should have remained constant however is someone at the club who knows EXACTLY what the club is meant to represent. Unfortunately, when Rafa and Kenny were turfed out and yes men put in, the element of continuity was destroyed.

you dont need to go back 40 years 2007=2009 we were still among Europes elite and then FSG happend the rest is history they thought they could change how a club is run well they did that at the expense of having a football team. I detest everything that they stand for and tomorrow is now an irrelavance thanks to them.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #37: Oct 03, 2015 06:43:22 pm
      you dont need to go back 40 years 2007=2009 we were still among Europes elite and then FSG happend the rest is history they thought they could change how a club is run well they did that at the expense of having a football team. I detest everything that they stand for and tomorrow is now an irrelavance thanks to them.

Quite right. We were awesome in Europe under Rafa. But he wasn't a yes man and gave the then owners a mighty headache 😊.

Unfortunately for Rafa, one season of bad luck and the scum had the excuse they needed to get shot of.

When FSG entered the fray, would it surely not have made sense to get onboard a manager who enjoyed relatively great success in European competition and knew what it would take to get it back?

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #38: Oct 03, 2015 06:52:52 pm
      Quite right. We were awesome in Europe under Rafa. But he wasn't a yes man and gave the then owners a mighty headache 😊.

Unfortunately for Rafa, one season of bad luck and the scum had the excuse they needed to get shot of.

When FSG entered the fray, would it surely not have made sense to get onboard a manager who enjoyed relatively great success in European competition and knew what it would take to get it back?

would you say this squad is better than Rafa's 2005 squad it has to be surely. So why are we dreading tomorrows game
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #39: Oct 03, 2015 07:01:03 pm
      Wow Walt, sounds like you have given up! get some f*cking positivity in ya bones. Always keep the faith!!

I am positive ,positve I am enjoying watching chelsea get twatted 3-1 now sorry forderailing the thread
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #40: Oct 03, 2015 07:15:56 pm
      would you say this squad is better than Rafa's 2005 squad it has to be surely. So why are we dreading tomorrows game

I would say that definitely Brendan has a better squad. But Rafa had the good fortune of having Stevie G that particular night. But the difference between Rafa and Rodgers is embarrassing. At best!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #41: Oct 03, 2015 07:19:43 pm
      I would say that definitely Brendan has a better squad. But Rafa had the good fortune of having Stevie G that particular night. But the difference between Rafa and Rodgers is embarrassing. At best!

he also had Dudek,Traeore,Biscan,Baros,Cheyrou the list goes on.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #42: Oct 03, 2015 07:26:13 pm
      Yet again Chelsea lose and Mourinho laughably looking like the prize pr**k he is. But.......

Chelsea are offering 4th position on a F***ing plate to us. So it will probably go to Spurs.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #43: Oct 03, 2015 09:30:25 pm
      Win tomorrow and we're likely to be 6th on goal difference and 4 points off the top. Just saying like.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #44: Oct 03, 2015 09:58:15 pm
      Be great to beat the blueshite as ever.

But see this one being a draw.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #45: Oct 03, 2015 10:55:28 pm
      Funny old season so far. Literally, anything can happen. I agree that the PL is the best league in terms of shock factor, anyone can beat anyone. But in terms of actual quality? Not a chance!

Quick Reply