Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?

Read 24461 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?
      Reply #115: Oct 06, 2015 01:36:56 am
      Am I the only one who thinks that if Klopp arrives then he might want to take a close look at Allen?

You've got to get close, he's only ickle.  ;)
      alfie-red
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #116: Oct 06, 2015 02:22:51 am
      I think from our current 1st team squad there are players who should be immediately offloaded,

# Simon Mignolet, Dejan Lovren, Joe Allen and Adam Lallana

I think there are also players whose Liverpool careers will naturally come to an end,

# Kolo Toure, Jose Enrique and possibly (unfortunately) Joao Carlos Teixeira.

I also think there are players who we need to keep hold of to be part of our new rebuilt squad for the future,

#  Mamadou Sakho, Alberto Moreno, Nathaniel Clyne, Jordan Henderson, Roberto Firmino, Philippe Coutinho, Danny Ings, Daniel Sturridge, Christian Benteke. /  Jordon Ibe, Jordan Rossiter and Joe Gomez could all benefit from a loan spell

Which leaves the following players who i believe are all going to be playing for there futures now,

#  Adam Bogdan, Martin Skrtel, Jon Flanagan, Lucas Leiva, James Milner, Emre Can, Divock Origi   

barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #117: Oct 06, 2015 06:35:25 am
      It might also depend on who is running out of contract. Which players are in that boat? 

Another interesting question would be 

Which players will Klopp get playing to the potential they had when they joined the club? 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #118: Oct 06, 2015 06:58:29 am
      More interesting to me than who will be shown the door is whether any of the players now out on loan will be rescued by a change in manager.

I think it is one step too far even for Klopp to expect Balotelli to change his spots, but Markovic and Ilori might just be saved. Alberto and Wisdom I think will be part of the summer clearout which will hopefully also see the arrival of a couple of quality players.

I don't think there will be too many surprises, I don't expect Allen to suddenly become the Welsh Xavi or Mignolet the new Gordon Banks, but hopefully a few players will have a turnaround in their fortunes and prove to be worth something near their transfer fee when played in the right system.... Lallana, Lovren, Benteke have a decent chance maybe even Origi.

Back to who will go :- Mignolet, Toure, Skrtel, Enrique, Flanagan (doubt he will ever recover ) Allen, possibly even Lucas if Klopp goes for his hard pressing hard running format.       
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #119: Oct 06, 2015 07:23:51 am
      A new  manager   can and should transmit, confidence, and  make a player which we are seeing as not good enough (for whom we paid very good money) into a good and reliable player,
       Why did we pay that much money for Lovren , Lallana, clyne, Benteke firmino ,just to spend the money?
      I'd say because they were doing very good at their previous clubs,..so why are some of them ,seem to become a ''flop'' as soon as they joined LIVERPOOL
      They were not panic buys or something,
       so,
       1)Could it be because they were made to  changed the style of play?
       2)they were played in the wrong positions?
       3)have been asked to play with a different mentality?
       4) because the training they get at melwood is not good enough?
       5) Is it the coaching staff fault?
          Maybe these are some of the ''stupid questions'' I ask myself every time  I am watching them play
            it can't be that the BIG majority of  the players we bring in become FLOPS as soon as they put on a liverbird shirt
              So the new manager  have 2 months , to look at the current squad, and then decide who to keep or let go
               It may also turn up that he (new boss) transmit confidence, and we will see a positive change in some of the so called ''flops' ,,hope so anyway

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #120: Oct 06, 2015 07:57:40 am

he has got lovely skin though
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #121: Oct 06, 2015 08:08:47 am
      Mike Ashley disagrees!

If he can pay him cheap enough he doesn't give a sh*te if sits on his arse between the sticks eating some chips and flicking through the latest Playboy. If Shearer wasn't their fan I'd have so much more sympathy for Newcastle, but as it is the smug c**t can suffer.

:lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #122: Oct 06, 2015 08:36:50 am
      None will go till January obv. And I cant see too many leaving then, Klopp might bring in a few from Dortmund. and a few might leave.

Might find some will want out.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #123: Oct 06, 2015 08:42:04 am
      None will go till January obv. And I cant see too many leaving then, Klopp might bring in a few from Dortmund. and a few might leave.

Might find some will want out.

According to reports today Coutinho wants out.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #124: Oct 06, 2015 08:45:14 am

F**k's sake. 

hope people don't start the "he's replaceable" bollocks.

he is absolutely essential to everything we do.

build the team around him and double his salary.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #125: Oct 06, 2015 08:54:58 am
      f**k's sake. 

hope people don't start the "he's replaceable" bollocks.

he is absolutely essential to everything we do.

build the team around him and double his salary.

we knew it was coming if barca come calling anyways.

He said last week he was happy at LFC, but maybe Brendan leaving means he has changed his mind.

If barca come for him I won't begrudge the wee fella. Good luck to him, when can barca sign players again, January ?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #126: Oct 06, 2015 09:51:19 am
      My Liverpool mate posted this as his staus as soon as news came through, thought it was pretty funny to be honest.

Joe allen "were to from here" autobiography now on shelves

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #127: Oct 06, 2015 10:04:43 am

Yeah the prospect of having Klopp rather than Brendan as manager must be really F***ing depressing for a top player!! And no I'm not including Joe Allen as a top player ;-)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #128: Oct 06, 2015 10:44:31 am

Not that surprising mate now that Barcelona are apparently showing an interest, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he's had the nod to start agitating. If it does come to pass (and if he and they want it to happen then as sure as eggs is eggs it will) we need to do two things. Firstly we need to collect a sensible fee obviously, but Barcelona aren't Man City so somewhere around 30-35 mill is probably about what we'll get. Secondly, we need to give all of that money to the new manager and tell him to crack on with finding some players/a player. When HE has done that, having taken on board opinions from whoever HE deems fit to offer them, we should go and buy what HE wants. Simples.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #129: Oct 06, 2015 11:58:01 am

Think most of us expected this long ago mate and to be honest if anyone is going to turn his head back around it would be Klopp.

If not then he goes and Klopp gets all the funds for whom he wants. I'm not saying Coutinho is easily replaceable, of course he isn't, but neither is a player good for the club that doesn't want to be here. Only a very slim percentage can behave like Suarez, you noted yourself that it appeared Coutinho wasn't trying against the blueshite (body language expert you!) and you may have some support to that theory now.

A Coutinho on top of his game is a lethal force, a Coutinho we've seen in the early part of this season is indeed easily replaceable, I think he's shooting on sight, he's not putting in a proper shift, it's the first time in his time here I've really questioned him and now it appears there's possibly an ulterior motive. Well I hope when Klopp does come in that either he turns his head back around or he drops him until he is sold, nothing annoys me more than a player sulking on the pitch like some precious little girl.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #130: Oct 06, 2015 12:29:59 pm
      Pepe posted this...maybe  referring to BR's sack
      Pepe Reina ‏@PReina25  · 21h21 hours ago 
      I will always be a fan & all I want now is to see the old Liverpool come back for the players and the supporters who deserve the best. YNWA

YNWA
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #131: Oct 06, 2015 12:31:05 pm

Yet a few days ago I read this, albeit from a different source.  ???

http://www.90min.com/posts/2613748-coutinho-i-heard-what-neymar-said-but-i-want-to-stay-at-liverpool
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #132: Oct 06, 2015 02:49:53 pm

Always the same though isn't it... player declares love of club while agent is busy trying to sell him for the biggest offer. Players often decide to leave when there is a change of manager. Presumably they think if I am going to have to prove myself to another manager it might as well be at another club.

Hopefully it is a bullshit rumour but tbh it wouldn't surprise me if he goes. Thought the fee Barca are supposedly offering was a bit of an insult though.... £22million , we paid near enough that for bloody Markovic!   
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #133: Oct 06, 2015 03:39:44 pm
      Joseph has to be the favourite for the door,followed by F**k knows ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #134: Oct 06, 2015 04:24:15 pm
      Joseph has to be the favourite for the door,followed by f**k knows ;D

Yeah old Mr Knows hasn't had much game time, always the ones you hear least about that get shifted on ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #135: Oct 06, 2015 04:32:14 pm
      Yeah old Mr Knows hasn't had much game time, always the ones you hear least about that get shifted on ;D

Not sure about that mate. Everytime you ask someone who will score our goals when Sturridge is injured ... his name comes up :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #136: Oct 06, 2015 04:45:01 pm
      Not sure about that mate. Everytime you ask someone who will score our goals when Sturridge is injured ... his name comes up :)

True that! The more I think about it, if we let him go it'll be a massive mistake, I mean he's been charged with fixing our defensive frailties too!

If Klopp sells Knows he'll be finished before he starts, vital we keep this lad! :D
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #137: Oct 06, 2015 06:38:23 pm
      I don't know why people are putting Benteke as being particularly likely to go. Klopp tried to sign him for Dortmund.

He's also shown some quality since moving here so I don't really understand the negative assumptions either.

Quick Reply