Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Realistically what can we expect from the new manager this season?

Read 12226 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Realistically what can we expect from the new manager this season?
      Reply #23: Oct 07, 2015 09:55:53 pm
      Whats the problem BBB ?

The last thing Klopp needs is unreasonable expectations on his shoulders.

Hes a proven manager who has actually won a trophy or two so lets all get behind him and allow him the space and time to get us back up there and place our trust in him to do it.

F*** it. We gave the last clown enough time to dumb us all down.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,359 posts | 1636 
      Reply #24: Oct 07, 2015 09:56:29 pm
      Realistically what can we expect from the new manager this season?

Fun
      Hope
      Belief
      Excitement
      Atmosphere
      German Efficiency

This for me all day long , had given up on this season , so just to have hope again is a big step in the right direction ,
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: Oct 07, 2015 10:20:55 pm
      Come on people why play down expectations?

He's (Klopp) a top flight manager who's been there, done it, made the dvd and worn the t shirt so what's the point in hiring him if we don't or can't expect big things of him?

He's our 4th manager in 5yrs and the only one to win silverware in that time was exactly the same as Klopp, a winner, even though he'd been out the game for the best part of 20yrs. 

Winners get people winning because they don't accept failure, once the players realise that 100% is the minimum expected of them, every single game, they'll continue to fail.

Jesus H Christ, listen to you all, spent the last God knows how many months complaining about slipping further and further away from where we should be, then sit there nodding in agreement that we SHOULDN'T expect too much to soon!!!!!

F**k that, if he thinks it's acceptable to not win something immediately, what the fucks he coming for  :mad:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #26: Oct 07, 2015 10:34:50 pm

F**k that, if he thinks it's acceptable to not win something immediately, what the fucks he coming for  :mad:

You obviously think it's that easy to turn Lallana into Reus and Allen into Gundogan!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27: Oct 07, 2015 10:44:58 pm
      You obviously think it's that easy to turn Lallana into Reus and Allen into Gundogan!

I actually think Lallana in particular will look a lot better under Klopp's gegenpressing tactics. He and Ings are just about the only ones who can press effectively.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Oct 07, 2015 10:54:28 pm

Mate if they ain't good enough he won't play them.  Just because they were played whenever fit by Brendan doesn't mean he has to waste his and our time on them too.

Having said that, isn't that what Klopp does, turns run of the mill players into world beaters? 

We have a wealth of talent at the club, most of whom never got a look in or if they did it was at the wrong end or wrong side of the pitch to prove anything!

I'm F***ing sick to death of being told we can't do this or that because we haven't got this or that to do it.  F***ing excuse after excuse why we can't or shouldn't have success. 

If whoever comes in can't change that then what's the F***ing point!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4944 
      Reply #29: Oct 07, 2015 10:59:29 pm
      Being too as we're still in both domestic cups and 'unbeaten' in Europe you might just get your wish there buddy.

And as we are only three points off fourth and four off second...  a "decent shot at top four" is hardly what you'd call setting your targets too high Si (especially given the high esteem in which you've 'always held the squad').  :laugh:

F**k it... on reading that (and everything everyone on here has written about Klopp) I've got myself convinced.

League Champions it is.  :nod: :nod:

;D

I just don't want to get to carried away mate but in all seriousness and as you know I've always thought our squad, especially this seasons, is comfortably in the best 5 in the league. I know it's debatable if we're as good as the other four but with the right coach we can try and bridge that gap and I see no reason why we can't expect at the very least a top four finish this season.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #30: Oct 07, 2015 11:01:56 pm
      I actually think Lallana in particular will look a lot better under Klopp's gegenpressing tactics. He and Ings are just about the only ones who can press effectively.

No individual player can press effectively, Look at Milner because he goes and tries to press indidividually he ends up looking like a headless chicken.

To press effectively the whole team need to be in synch hence if Klopp is going to go down this route it will take a long time getting Players like Skyrtel compressing the space in front of him.

But there again I hope Players like Skrtel and Migs are the first ones to face the Klopp......   :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #31: Oct 07, 2015 11:03:36 pm
      I only have one expectation of an LFC manager........WIN

Everything and all of the time.

League title for me - I can wait another year for the Champions League.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #32: Oct 07, 2015 11:26:36 pm
      No individual player can press effectively, Look at Milner because he goes and tries to press indidividually he ends up looking like a headless chicken.

To press effectively the whole team need to be in synch hence if Klopp is going to go down this route it will take a long time getting Players like Skyrtel compressing the space in front of him.

But there again I hope Players like Skrtel and Migs are the first ones to face the Klopp......   :D

Haha I wouldn't be surprised if they're both on the outs.

Pressing was one of several problems in the Sion match. Ings and Lallana would press, look, and see no one else was doing the same. Even though they might be up to scratch, Klopp will have a decent amount of runners at his disposal to begin implementing his tactics: Ings, Lallana, Milner, Henderson. Coutinho's shown he can press well at times too, Sakho is a front foot defender, Moreno and Clyne have loads of pace to prevent getting caught high, etc. I think we're going to see the hard workers favored by Klopp, at least initially.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Oct 07, 2015 11:40:32 pm
      I only have one expectation of an LFC manager........WIN

Everything and all of the time.

League title for me - I can wait another year for the Champions League.

You'd have to wait at least another year anyway, we're not in it...

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #34: Oct 07, 2015 11:54:25 pm
      I am expecting him to make us hope and believe again.
      Last few games were painful to watch and i hoped and expected nothing from those,i hope things will get better soon.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Oct 08, 2015 12:15:31 am
      I want us to have a damned good challenge in all the cups and top 4, but realise it might take a bit of time before we are streamlined and molded into Klopp's vision.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #36: Oct 08, 2015 03:18:05 am
      With Chelsea fighting a relegation battle and United being led by a senile Dutchman I would say top 4 is achievable this campaign
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #37: Oct 08, 2015 03:31:38 am
      Best part of it is that we're not going to see that pointless temporary solution 3-5-2 again.

League title for me. We're only 6 points behind City, who we are going to play in November. There is no reason we can't stay unbeaten till the end after that game. If we're still 6-7 points behind the top by that time, I wouldn't bet against us winning it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Oct 08, 2015 06:09:55 am
      Hopefully he starts with a 4-4-2, keeps it for a few games in succession and see where that takes us.

Oh yeah 2 Cups and and PL Trophy wouldn't go astray either.  ;)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #39: Oct 08, 2015 06:32:23 am
      For a start, I want football that's enjoyable to watch, The way the league has gone so far, it not inconceivable to finish in the top four.
      Everyone believes we have a far better team than results suggest, so if Klopp settles quickly who knows what's possible.
      4th or 5th and an FA cup is my expectation.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #40: Oct 08, 2015 06:42:55 am
      1st. getting us playing in a way that you enjoy watching your team play
      2nd , makes Anfield the way it used to be ...  a fortress , with its 90 mins singing supporters  and that EVERY team is afraid to play us there 
      3rd,  challenge for every cup we are in
      3rd , and most important , get us to the achievable top 4 this season, if its higher its better
      4th , be real title challengers( maybe not this year, )
       OH..((and maybe this should be 1st) sort out our BIGGEST problem, the defence and keeper problem

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #41: Oct 08, 2015 07:25:10 am
      Oh you were being serious? My bad, I thought you were having some of that "fun" you spoke of.

Problem? No problem skip - bit strange that you've "no expectation" of a manager, deemed better than the last, whom, I assume, you had expections of but no problem.

Personally I have higher expections of a man who, I feel can "get more from this squad" but each to their own.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2015 07:38:33 am by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Oct 08, 2015 07:41:37 am
      Come on people why play down expectations?
      Exactly - it's totally illogical.

Have faith in what you wanted FFS.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #43: Oct 08, 2015 07:56:54 am
      All I want is to be able to go to Anfield when we play a team outside the top 6 and think....yeah we'll win. Not "oh God I'm nervous".
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #44: Oct 08, 2015 08:20:54 am
      You'd have to wait at least another year anyway, we're not in it...

Was kinda the joke mate  ;)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #45: Oct 08, 2015 09:37:03 am
      Top 4 - very much achievable
      A cup - EL or FA, preferably FA cup would do nicely
      And some decent football being played again. We've got the players, but we're lacking the passion and direction at the moment.

That would do me nicely. Get the above and the horrid atmosphere at Anfield will not return.

Quick Reply