Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1543554 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15065: Dec 11, 2017 12:19:47 am
      Klopp was anything but elegance and class after todays match. Just watched MOTD and he was no bettter than Mourinho. Embarrasing.

Yeah yeah we all know you despise his guts. But you don't have to disguise your hatred with brain dead stupidity like when you said you wanted 'Big Sam' as manager after we lost to Tottenham 4-1. Ever hear of dignity pal?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #15066: Dec 11, 2017 01:16:38 am
      Never ask the 'press' a question Jürgen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRl7zOZhCbI
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #15067: Dec 11, 2017 03:13:05 am
      I’d much rather see this prickly gnarly side of Klopp after disappointment than the happy go lucky one, I just hope a few of his players get this treatment from time to time.
      I’m not going to dwell too much on today, I think the manager misjudged his selection, I don’t see why so many changes were required when the players had Thu, Fri and Sat to rest and recover, Wed is the one to rotate for. But hey ho onwards and upwards
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2017 03:22:14 am by Alfie2510 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #15068: Dec 11, 2017 07:27:33 am
      So I assume you know for certain that Mo wasn't knackered or had a slight knock etc.
      Look it's just one of those games where we were slightly out of sharpness, play that game again and we smash them.

Well he didn't look knackered and in all interviews with Klopp and in his presser he hasn't said he had a knock. Martina wasn't with him and it was evident that the Ev got a lift when he came off. Bobby for Solanke, who had offered us zilch, was the obvious substitution.

Rest people for West Brom, not the derby.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15069: Dec 11, 2017 07:40:21 am
      Sadio squares the ball at the end of the 1st half and 3 pages of posts here disappear. Referee doesn't totally gag on an important decision and at least two pages go away.

Very disappointing result and an opportunity to climb the table lost, but while I was surprised by the starting XI (I thought rotation would come in the next two matches), I can understand the logic for that and the subs.

Phil took a knock early in the Spartak game, and didn't he miss training at least one day in between? Could it just be possible he wasn't fit to go 90? Has anyone even asked?

Also getting tired of the little niggling comments from certain members of the press, just little cheap shots at Klopp apparently because he isn't buddy-buddy with the news media. If you don't like him being irritated with you lot, quit asking stupid questions.

Agreed, saw the rweet from the sky guy who interviewed klopp afterwards and he said he was fine with it and said that he was being honest, christ most of us on here would say far worse if someone stuck a microphone under his nose. The fact some clowns such as king in the daily mail tried to say everton deserved a draw and praised fat sams tactics are all you need ti know he is the perfect example of a man whose reputation is exaggerated by his media mates
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #15070: Dec 11, 2017 07:59:40 am
      Say what you like about the starting 11 but the in game management was atrocious.

Solanke shouldn't have been anywhere that starting 11 today and should've been tugged by 60, latest. Ox and Salah getting  tugged before him was madness. Both were doing well and Everton were scared of them. There was absolutely no need to take Mo off whatsoever. Nada.

Can only assume they thought they were balancing game time.

I assumed Bobby was coming on for Dom......which seemed the obvious one.

Sore one.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #15071: Dec 11, 2017 08:07:34 am
      Agreed, saw the rweet from the sky guy who interviewed klopp afterwards and he said he was fine with it and said that he was being honest, christ most of us on here would say far worse if someone stuck a microphone under his nose. The fact some clowns such as king in the daily mail tried to say everton deserved a draw and praised fat sams tactics are all you need ti know he is the perfect example of a man whose reputation is exaggerated by his media mates

They did deserve a draw.

We might not agree with their tactics but if they went toe to toe with us we would have wholloped them 5-0.

They know as well as we do that they are worlds apart from us. Their game plan was to frustrate us and to limit us to chances - which they did. Pickford had as little to do as Mignolet.

It was ugly to watch and I'm thankful we don't have a F***ing manager like that but they did what they set out to do.

We might not like it or agree with it but it is what it is.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,240 posts | 850 
      Reply #15072: Dec 11, 2017 08:16:08 am

funny how people think Fat Sam got it ''right'', he was super lucky.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15073: Dec 11, 2017 10:41:49 am
      They did deserve a draw.

We might not agree with their tactics but if they went toe to toe with us we would have wholloped them 5-0.

They know as well as we do that they are worlds apart from us. Their game plan was to frustrate us and to limit us to chances - which they did. Pickford had as little to do as Mignolet.

It was ugly to watch and I'm thankful we don't have a f**king manager like that but they did what they set out to do.

20% possession, 2 shots at goals compared to our 20 shots, soft penalty awarded and you claim they deserved the draw, with all due respect but bollocks. They were extremely lucky to get anything out of that game. Replay that game 10 times and we win it 9 times out of 10.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #15074: Dec 11, 2017 10:50:07 am
      Fuckers on Talkshite trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill re Klopp interview with the Sky reporter.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #15075: Dec 11, 2017 10:58:55 am
      20% possession, 2 shots at goals compared to our 20 shots, soft penalty awarded and you claim they deserved the draw, with all due respect but bollocks. They were extremely lucky to get anything out of that game. Replay that game 10 times and we win it 9 times out of 10.

I'm as frustrated as anyone with how Everton played and set up but we didn't trouble Pickford all game and in my opinion, as dirty and horrible as it was, they deserved a point.

It's not so much them deserving a point. It's more that we didn't do enough to win the game. I don't think we were worthy of 3 points yesterday in truth.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #15076: Dec 11, 2017 11:13:25 am
      Fuckers on Talkshite trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill re Klopp interview with the Sky reporter.

Bottom feeding f**k nuggets.

Screw ‘em.

He was annoyed. I’ve got zero issue with that.

I’ve got to be consistent and fair - Brendan bugged the sh*t out of me because his post matches were all straight out of media training 101......

I’m not gonna criticise this guy for not feeling peachy after that and showing it.......

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #15077: Dec 11, 2017 12:06:13 pm
      Talk Sport trying to make Jürgen out to be a bully, they obviously haven’t got a clue what real bullying is,
      and calling that bullying does no favours to those who are genuinely bullied. Having dealt with and observed bullying over the years I have emailed a complaint, not that I think they will take any notice, but that was just pathetic even by their pathetic standards.
      We’ve had a painter and decorator in the house today, a Liverpool supporter and he had Talk Sport on his radio. The air was blue, he was shouting at the radio and calling Jim White every evil name you could think of! I did advise him that for the sake of his own health and my decorating he should put some soothing music on instead!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #15078: Dec 11, 2017 12:08:43 pm
      7 wins & 3 draws in the last 10, with plenty of rotation is a solid enough return for me.  All the talk of yesterday's selection costing us, not working Pickford, only 3 shots on target, etc., are out of line for me. 

Mane not squaring was the best chance of the match and didn't result in a shot on target.  Salah had a simple header and didn't hit the target.  The not hitting target stat doesn't mean it wasn't a great chance and it was 2 of our best players spurning them. Everton weren't comfortably coping with our attack.  Salah was terrorising their right back, we put several very dangerous balls in the box that caused panic in their defence causing desperate/mishit clearances. 

We looked more dangerous with Salah & Mane (2 of the fab 4) on the pitch than we did when  Bobby & Couts came on (3 of the fab 4), albeit they were only on altogether for 16 mins.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      Reply #15079: Dec 11, 2017 12:21:27 pm
      Heard a lot of 'what if that was mourinho'  about jurgens interview,  yeah he was pissed off but meanwhile mourinho was taking it to another level at the theatre of sh*te by all accounts, going mental and complaining about the city players music, quite funny that he had milk throwm at him though
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      Reply #15080: Dec 11, 2017 12:24:05 pm
      They did deserve a draw.

It was ugly to watch and I'm thankful we don't have a f**king manager like that but they did what they set out to do.

Not gonna get into an argument but how people thought they deserved anything is beyond me
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      Reply #15081: Dec 11, 2017 12:27:16 pm
      Heard a lot of 'what if that was mourinho'  about jurgens interview,  yeah he was pissed off but meanwhile mourinho was taking it to another level at the theatre of sh*te by all accounts, going mental and complaining about the city players music, quite funny that he had milk thrown at him though

And hey presto sky asking if city overcelebrated, biased cu*ts
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #15082: Dec 11, 2017 12:38:01 pm
      Not gonna get into an argument but how people thought they deserved anything is beyond me

My choice of words weren't great.

They didn't deserve anything ok.

But I don't think we did enough to win the game or earn three points.

I thought we were poor.

You can have the ball as much as you want. Means nothing if you can't create anything.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      Reply #15083: Dec 11, 2017 02:38:36 pm

I thought we were poor.

You can have the ball as much as you want. Means nothing if you can't create anything.

We created enough to win and never looked like conceding, it doesn't really matter if we deserved to win or not, we didn't
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15084: Dec 11, 2017 03:00:40 pm

I thought we were poor.

We scored one great goal, should have scored an easy tap in if Mane had squared it, should have scored from one of Lovren, Mane or Gomez's headers, were a bit unlucky to have the pen awarded against us. So that is 1 goal, one should definitely have been a goal and 3 great chances for a third versus one dodgy penalty awarded to Everton. If you tot all that up then how on earth can you say we didn't deserve the win?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #15085: Dec 11, 2017 03:15:19 pm
      So Klopp was angry and upset with the draw

So were we. It's passion. That said, he's probably thinking "Ugh..." looking back at it  ;D
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2017 03:27:36 pm by Rush »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #15086: Dec 11, 2017 03:24:27 pm
      We scored one great goal, should have scored an easy tap in if Mane had squared it, should have scored from one of Lovren, Mane or Gomez's headers, were a bit unlucky to have the pen awarded against us. So that is 1 goal, one should definitely have been a goal and 3 great chances for a third versus one dodgy penalty awarded to Everton. If you tot all that up then how on earth can you say we didn't deserve the win?

We were poor. We had a lot of the ball but so what? We did nothing with it.

I've watched Everton quite a lot this season and they have been abysmal. I would say that yesterday was Pickfords easiest game of the season so far.

The only one real chance we had was Mane when he should have squared the ball. That came from woeful defending from them by the way, it's not as if we sliced them open with a move or created anything either.

Salahs goal came from nothing it was just sheer solo brilliance from him.

The other chances you're referring to are half chances at best. Nothing clear cut. Salah could have perhaps done better with his header but he isn't known for his aerial qualities.

For what it's worth I don't think it was a penalty but most disagree with me.

We played poor yesterday and nowhere near our best. No flair and we really struggled to create chances which isn't like us at all.

So no I don't think we did enough to win the game. If we had, then we wouldn't have drew 1-1 it's that simple. It's not as if Pickford had the game of his life and made 10 saves.
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2017 03:28:29 pm by HamannsTheMan »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15087: Dec 11, 2017 03:32:34 pm
      So Klopp was angry and upset with the draw

So were we. It's passion. That said, he's probably thinking "Ugh..." looking back at it  ;D

Exactly, it's genuine human emotion.

Nothing contrived like the Mourinho bullshit, no narrative, just lay it on the line, take me as I am, genuineness. Exactly what I love about the bloke, he feels the pain and agony, he lives it and he isn't afraid to show it and fight for what he believes is right.

It appears, I, like Klopp, was in the minority for believing it really wasn't a penalty and never should have been given. So to say I understand where he's coming from, as should every football fan, agreeing with the decision or not, is an understatement. Anyone suggesting it was a rant, or losing his cool are so far wide of the mark it has me questioning why they would suggest such. He was angry at a decision which cost the ONLY team that came to play real football the points they deserved. It cost the ONLY team that came to entertain the paying fans the points they deserved.

If you get the man you would have expected nothing less than the interview he gave, nothing bizarre about it at all, just Jürgen being Jürgen and anyone who's got a problem with that then they have it at a personal level because that is just him and I personally love to see that reaction. Just as I liked when Kenny was frosty with these fuckers, he knows they're out to create narratives, he knows they're out to sensationalise everything and even with that knowledge he doesn't hide his disappointment or anger at the decision, he's upfront and honest about it, something we'd all feel happier doing in our own lives if we had the courage to bear our inner feelings now and again.

Well in Jürgen and well said.

Quick Reply