Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #621: Oct 10, 2015 07:14:28 am
      still can't believe it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #622: Oct 10, 2015 07:20:45 am
      Very interested by this quote (one I totally agree with).

Hopefully our scouting network will be extended, or get a revamp, because it has looked very limited and unimaginative in recent times.

I think I read one time (admittedly a few years ago!) that we had no scouts in Africa. That's a f**king continent, and if we want to compete with less funds than some other teams, then IMO we need to be looking at as many players as possible.

I think the problem is that Britain has very different rules on work permits than other countries in the EU. As far as I know I don't think we can take on ANY under 18 players that are foreign (outside EU) while Holland and France where most of the young Africa players go don't seem to have any such restrictions. Similarly with South American players, no under 18's in Britain yet Spain seems to be their second home.

Chelsea have found a way round the rules by signing players and then loaning them out to clubs abroad till they turn 18.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #623: Oct 10, 2015 07:21:09 am
      Welcome to our great club Jürgen!
      Make us believers again.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #624: Oct 10, 2015 08:32:41 am
      one concern why did he sign for 3 years only?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #625: Oct 10, 2015 08:35:00 am
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #626: Oct 10, 2015 08:58:17 am
      “You have to look at which players are reachable and not dream of this player or that player and then say: ‘But they don’t want to come to Liverpool.’ If a player doesn’t want to come to Liverpool then stay away. Really. If you think about the weather, stay away. If you think about other things, stay away. If you want to come here, you are welcome. That is the first and most important issue.”

Just fantastic.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #627: Oct 10, 2015 09:17:38 am
      Very interested by this quote (one I totally agree with).

Hopefully our scouting network will be extended, or get a revamp, because it has looked very limited and unimaginative in recent times.

I think I read one time (admittedly a few years ago!) that we had no scouts in Africa. That's a f**king continent, and if we want to compete with less funds than some other teams, then IMO we need to be looking at as many players as possible.

He is also on record saying yesterday that if a player doesn't want to come to Liverpool then they can just stay away. 
      They have to want to come.

(OOOPS  Just seen post above.  Same thing)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #628: Oct 10, 2015 09:21:59 am
      I can see us playing 4-2-3-1 under Klopp :)

Something like this : Mignolet-Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Emre Can-Lucas-Henderson-Sturridge-Coutinho-Firmino-Benteke

Can at left back? Guess you've never seen him play full back then? :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #629: Oct 10, 2015 09:28:14 am
      Not stopped smiling since Klopp was appointed.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #630: Oct 10, 2015 09:28:32 am
      “You have to look at which players are reachable and not dream of this player or that player and then say: ‘But they don’t want to come to Liverpool.’ If a player doesn’t want to come to Liverpool then stay away. Really. If you think about the weather, stay away. If you think about other things, stay away. If you want to come here, you are welcome. That is the first and most important issue.”

Just fantastic.

Exactly the right thing though isn't it. People have been saying it for years you absolutely don't need Champs League to get great players...

Top of their game players yes but players good enough to massively improve the team No.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #631: Oct 10, 2015 09:42:14 am
      I do wish the press and chattering class would shut the F**k up about bringing back former players etc.  Let Klopp build his own team and let's build some new legends.  It really is cringeworthy how the journos yesterday were saying "but when are you bringing back Carra and Stevie??"

Nothing wrong with having them around but how about we do as Klopp suggested and move forward instead of constantly looking back.  Klopp and his team have proven that they know how to beat the best and compete at the highest levels, and somehow they managed to do it without the sage advice of our ex-players.  Let's leave it that way.

We finally land Klopp and the first thing the journos want to do is bother him about bringing back Carra.  Credit to Ian Ayre for stepping in on those questions and saying let's look forward instead of back.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #632: Oct 10, 2015 09:46:09 am
      Exactly the right thing though isn't it. People have been saying it for years you absolutely don't need Champs League to get great players... Top of their game players yes but players good enough to massively improve the team No.

You know there is a part of me that wonders if it would be better if we didn't qualify for CL next season.  Let's put the cards on the table and see who is committed to the cause, with or without CL.  Let's see who will stay, because of Klopp and the future with him, and let's see who will come, because of Klopp.  Then we can figure out who is really at the club because they want to be and believe in the long term project. 

I have a feeling that if we qualify for CL and then the next season fail to do so again, we'll see a mass exodus of players who were just jumping on the bandwagon, and we'll be right back where we started.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #633: Oct 10, 2015 09:50:23 am
      It really is cringeworthy how the journos yesterday were saying "but when are you bringing back Carra and Stevie??"

Agree.  Carragher and Gerrard's judgement in quality of LFC managers is extremely suspect anyway.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #634: Oct 10, 2015 09:53:41 am
      Agree.  Carragher and Gerrard's judgement in quality of LFC managers is extremely suspect anyway.
      Well,they were pretty happy with Roy replacing Rafa.I'm pretty sure Klopp won't even think about appointing them just because they were legends on the pitch.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #635: Oct 10, 2015 10:04:12 am
      Not stopped smiling since Klopp was appointed.

;D

Nor has anyone else Shabs.

We got our man.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #636: Oct 10, 2015 10:21:23 am
      Stop talking Jürgen. I'm getting uncomfortable boners reading his interviews in public.

He just says everything perfectly as a fan.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #637: Oct 10, 2015 10:23:01 am
      Did not think it would happen until January but I am so glad it's now happened and although I was hoping for Ancelotti but having listened to Klopp he won me over within seconds, I thought this guy sounds a perfect fit for a sleeping giant and I loved it when asked about the fans and he then said we need to change from doubters to believers which shows me he has an understanding of what we have been feeling this season, we don't believe in the team anymore and he wants us to sing from the same page plus he the thing I took from the short time he spent talking is he's a winner so are you ready for the ride he's about to take us on.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #638: Oct 10, 2015 10:23:34 am
      First thing I done this morning was check for new Klopp interviews and pics. Im smitten  :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #639: Oct 10, 2015 10:24:38 am
      Kloppo went out on the piss last night and drinks Stella as well, he will fit in well.

http://t.co/xSqmRlnr8c

All together now;

We're on the lash with Kloppo's army ....
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #640: Oct 10, 2015 10:25:51 am
      I do wish the press and chattering class would shut the F**k up about bringing back former players etc.  Let Klopp build his own team and let's build some new legends.  It really is cringeworthy how the journos yesterday were saying "but when are you bringing back Carra and Stevie??"

Nothing wrong with having them around but how about we do as Klopp suggested and move forward instead of constantly looking back.  Klopp and his team have proven that they know how to beat the best and compete at the highest levels, and somehow they managed to do it without the sage advice of our ex-players.  Let's leave it that way.

We finally land Klopp and the first thing the journos want to do is bother him about bringing back Carra.  Credit to Ian Ayre for stepping in on those questions and saying let's look forward instead of back.

Agreed Fed. Have they even got their coaching badges? They have zero experience in coaching an actual team that's for sure and that's not something we can afford. It's very rare that a team brings back all these ex-players to coach and have the idea succeed.

Kloppo went out on the piss last night and drinks Stella as well, he will fit in well.

http://t.co/xSqmRlnr8c

All together now;

We're on the lash with Kloppo's army ....

The hat's fooling nobody Jürgen :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #641: Oct 10, 2015 10:31:05 am
      I had to leave all the fun and games of his appointment on Wednesday to disappear into the abyss of work.  I've still not seen his presser, nor his interview, nor have I read all this thread yet but looking around the forum generally it's great to see threads like the "tactics geeks" one come back to life.

I was disappointed to see there's still some bickering over differences of opinion and the next 7 days are going to drag like hell waiting for his first game, team selection etc but F**k me, who can't be anything other than ecstatic at him being here.

I agree on what he's said about the PL being obsessed with money, I've seen so many comments on other forums dismissing his ability because we don't have the resources of the 2 mancs, chavs and the arse yet he didn't get his success from outspending everyone, he did it by being smart with his targets and making his team a machine.

He already has the makings of a very good squad at his disposal and I genuinely believe that we'll look a lot better against the spuds than we've looked all season.  We might not win the game but just seeing us play better footy and have some excitement watching us will do for now.

I still expect a trophy from him this season though  ;D

Welcome to the Club Jürgen, we really need our perch back  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #642: Oct 10, 2015 10:37:50 am
      I was just reading a bit about Jürgen's wife. She's apparently a children's book writer. This is what Klopp said about one of her book's about a boy who finds a magic football:

Mr Klopp was full of praise for his wife's literary talents: "It's like Harry Potter but about football. there's no flying on his f****** stick."

:lmao:
      chanfield
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #643: Oct 10, 2015 10:49:13 am
      First thing I done this morning was check for new Klopp interviews and pics. Im smitten  :D

This. Trawling through hashtags and video links. Love that he's been out for a couple already!!  ;D

Quick Reply