Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1536887 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #1196: Oct 23, 2015 01:39:09 pm
      Some of the players need a rocket up their @rse, I'm certain of it. I totally get that there's a "lack of confidence" but I'm becoming increasingly worried that while there may not be a lack of effort, there is certainly a lack of desire. There's a lack of characters who say "ah f*ck this sh!t I'm gonna make something happen even if nobody else does", someone who goes on a kamikaze run, someone who flings their body at it in the box, busts a lung to close someone down, gets the crowd up, has that real "never f*cking accept that you might even have to think die never mind say it" attitude.

Sakho has it, and although it wouldn't have been pretty I'd like to have seen him stay up for the last ten last night. I'd like to have seen us up the tempo to "far too f*cking quick to be even remotely senisble" levels, to go into "swarm all over the f*ckers" mode.

See, we all accept that it'll take the useless f*ckers ( the players) a while to properly get what Jürgen is on about. We all accept that they are low on confidence and they ain't gonna play with fluency or poetry, we get that. What we don't get though, or at least what I don't get, is why we can't just bust a gut in the short term to find a way, any way to win matches. Ruben Kazan down to ten men? Just f*cking  get in there, get it in the box, crosses, shots, dribbles headers, pressing, the odd dive here and there, a few penalty appeals. Whatever it takes, just win. That there's the problem, we've got too many players who are fine when they are playing well and winning, when they are playing sh!te though they aren't prepared to do whatever it takes to get the f*cking ball over the line. They'd better learn quick or f*ck off in my book.     
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1197: Oct 23, 2015 02:16:39 pm
      Some interesting and insightful posts in this thread, I may have missed it but I can't remember anyone touching on the similarities between how BR and Klopp see the game.

We heard a few things from BR when he first came, and people cottoned onto his "death by football" and seemed to hang onto that alone despite the many other things he said.
      Most important of these was what he called "the high press" and his idea was exactly the same as Klopps, in that winning the ball back early and in the opposition half would lead to more goals. Sadly we only really saw it once during his time here, during the season we came 2nd.

Klopp has the same idea, or perhaps to be more accurate, BR had the same idea as Klopp but couldn't implement it.
      So for me, the first test is can Klopp get the players to succeed in pressing where BR couldn't?
      Last night I started to see signs that he can get this working, but most noticeable for me was the way players closed down not just players but also "passing lanes" as well.
      Can, Coutinho, Origi, Benteke, Lallana and Milner all tried with varying degrees of success with Lucas moving in behind them to get the 2nd ball and recycle.
      It certainly wasn't pretty, or successful but it's an encouraging sign, and we will see it come together in the next few weeks (hopefully).

I think Klopp is cleverly working on one thing at a time, and as he adds more to our play (as the players get used to his idea's) we'll see much more from what is a pretty good group of players.

As regards Sturridge, well we all know he's a fantastic finisher when fit and firing, but it seems that he also has to be in the mood, and I can't see that going down too well with Klopp.
      Add to that the fact he can't be relied on because of his injury record and I can see him heading out the door next summer, which would be a shame because he's a very talented striker.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1198: Oct 23, 2015 02:19:19 pm
      Some of the players need a rocket up their @rse, I'm certain of it. I totally get that there's a "lack of confidence" but I'm becoming increasingly worried that while there may not be a lack of effort, there is certainly a lack of desire. There's a lack of characters who say "ah f*ck this sh!t I'm gonna make something happen even if nobody else does", someone who goes on a kamikaze run, someone who flings their body at it in the box, busts a lung to close someone down, gets the crowd up, has that real "never f*cking accept that you might even have to think die never mind say it" attitude.

Sakho has it, and although it wouldn't have been pretty I'd like to have seen him stay up for the last ten last night. I'd like to have seen us up the tempo to "far too f*cking quick to be even remotely senisble" levels, to go into "swarm all over the f*ckers" mode.

See, we all accept that it'll take the useless f*ckers ( the players) a while to properly get what Jürgen is on about. We all accept that they are low on confidence and they ain't gonna play with fluency or poetry, we get that. What we don't get though, or at least what I don't get, is why we can't just bust a gut in the short term to find a way, any way to win matches. Ruben Kazan down to ten men? Just f*cking  get in there, get it in the box, crosses, shots, dribbles headers, pressing, the odd dive here and there, a few penalty appeals. Whatever it takes, just win. That there's the problem, we've got too many players who are fine when they are playing well and winning, when they are playing sh!te though they aren't prepared to do whatever it takes to get the f*cking ball over the line. They'd better learn quick or f*ck off in my book.     

I agree Mick, I think we have too many players that know that they don't have to give 110% to stay in the side, they know that if they just keep their heads down and don't make too many mistakes they will be in the next team. Our lack of options, our poorly balanced squad and the genuine lack of quality doesn't help, neither does the fact that like most of us they realise they arn't going to win much unless we bring some top players in, so their desire is tempered by reality and they are looking around for others to make the difference rather than attempting to be the difference.

They all look willing to "work hard" to me, they are just not willing to put their balls on the line and take on the responsibility of making something happen.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1199: Oct 23, 2015 03:05:53 pm
      I think Benteke will get goals , but we need more than one goalscorer. It's past time some of our attacking-midfield players started living up to the attacking part and scoring some goals.

We are stuck with what we have till Christmas so I think we may have to stick Firmino up alongside Benteke and hope our defence keeps a few clean sheets.   

I have been saying this for ages players like Coutinho and Lallana are just not delivering for the role they are playing.

Seeing as though the Boss prefers one striker up top I think we need to make sure Firmino plays the number 10 role just behind Benteke and he cold be the player to offer that goal threat.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,029 posts | 3960 
      Reply #1200: Oct 23, 2015 03:28:08 pm
      Don't treat my players like horses - Klopp warns FA

18 year old Jordan Rossiter returned to LFC with a hamstring injury after international duty and Jürgen Klopp used the pre-match press conference before the Rubin Kazan game to question why he was worked so hard. 
      Klopp argued that it was not normal to expect a player to play three games in five days and added that if the FA ''treated players like horses, we will get horses''.

Jordan will miss about a month and not return until after the international break.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fa-speak-liverpool-fc-manager-10308311
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1201: Oct 23, 2015 03:45:50 pm
      Seeing as though the Boss prefers one striker up top I think we need to make sure Firmino plays the number 10 role just behind Benteke and he cold be the player to offer that goal threat.

I don't buy in to the theory that Firmino was bought as a Klopp signing or he had input or whatever, but he is the perfect fit for Klopp's system.

I have no doubt, when fit, Firmino will play centrally alongside one other striker.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1202: Oct 23, 2015 03:49:40 pm
      I don't buy in to the theory that Firmino was bought as a Klopp signing or he had input or whatever, but he is the perfect fit for Klopp's system.

I have no doubt, when fit, Firmino will play centrally alongside one other striker.

Nah he's not really a striker.......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1203: Oct 23, 2015 03:57:12 pm

Who cares, the more important question is does he now how to score a goal because no one else in our midfield does, I mean what the F**k is wrong with them, they should be ashamed at their goal scoring record. If I was Klopp I would dedicate a large part of training to shooting practice for our "attackers" and fine players for missing the goal, I mean most pub teams can shoot better at goal than our lot.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1204: Oct 23, 2015 04:01:34 pm
      Who cares, the more important question is does he now how to score a goal because no one else in our midfield does, I mean what the f**k is wrong with them, they should be ashamed at their goal scoring record. If I was Klopp I would dedicate a large part of training to shooting practice for our "attackers" and fine players for missing the goal, I mean most pub teams can shoot better at goal than our lot.

It does matter in that Firmino can score but he is much better at creating goals if you look at his stats in assists so playing him off the striker imo would be his best position. But I agree with the rest of your post.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1205: Oct 23, 2015 04:04:32 pm
      It does matter in that Firmino can score but he is much better at creating goals if you look at his stats in assists so playing him off the striker imo would be his best position. But I agree with the rest of your post.

Yes in an ideal world I fully agree, but who would he be creating goals for at the moment, none of the players can hit a F***ing barn door at the moment? :-(
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1206: Oct 23, 2015 04:05:19 pm
      Yes in an ideal world I fully agree, but who would he be creating goals for at the moment, none of the players can hit a f**king barn door at the moment? :-(

Benteke
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1207: Oct 23, 2015 04:14:57 pm
      Any links to todays presser with the Klopp..?

Sorry - got it here.. No doubt removed very soon - apologies if I shouldn't have posted this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YCWKX2VW4Y
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1208: Oct 23, 2015 04:20:57 pm
      Mail reporting a couple of hours ago that Glass Man is having yet another scan today on the knee ..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1209: Oct 23, 2015 04:25:01 pm
      Mail reporting a couple of hours ago that Glass Man is having yet another scan today on the knee ..

yeah echo also reporting the same.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1210: Oct 23, 2015 04:31:26 pm
      Sorry - 8:34 on the above, is that his phone and what on earth is that ringtone!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #1211: Oct 23, 2015 05:29:16 pm

that isnt really fair to men who collect glasses. Just what is going on with this lad at his age he should be bomb proof
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1212: Oct 23, 2015 06:12:38 pm

Didn't say he was.

But if he is to play in his best position, it is alongside a striker.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1213: Oct 23, 2015 06:16:09 pm
      I think we should consider the possibility of selling Sturiddge.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1214: Oct 23, 2015 06:20:38 pm
      I think we should consider the possibility of selling Sturiddge.

Who's going to buy him?

Maybe we could sell him for medical research?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1215: Oct 23, 2015 06:33:26 pm
      Who's going to buy him?

:lmao:

Class that Saint
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1216: Oct 23, 2015 06:40:37 pm
      Who's going to buy him?

Villa or West Ham ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #1217: Oct 23, 2015 07:01:30 pm
      Who's going to buy him?

St Johns Ambulance ?. Fhis kid is really not suited to the EPL maybe better off in Spain or anywhere were tackling isn't allowed. It is becoming a distraction and i cant help but think Jürgen will soon get fed up with him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1218: Oct 23, 2015 08:14:53 pm
      You look at the side in last two games, the blandfest against Ruben ... and we just look so F***ing ordinary...

In fairness, we've been poor for quite a while now. But reckon I was hoping Klopp would come in and 'do a Jesus', turn water into wine and get us a few decent results and turn things around quickly on the pitch ... but looks like it's going to take a while...

It's looking like a longer haul, the striking state is pretty F***ing miserable, and we lack xfactor across the middle.
      Maybe if he can make us brick solid at the back ... just that ... then maybe even our paltry odd goal will be enough in many games to scratch 3 pts.

After the initial euphoria of Klopp coming in, am feeling the reality after the honeymoon. He must also see the enormity of the challenge too.
      At least he's been there, done that ... reckon he will turn things around, eventually ...

I'll cheer the F**k up tomorrow...

Quick Reply