Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1536012 times
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #7061: May 02, 2016 10:11:55 pm
      Well done to Ranieri - just shows what is possible in sport if you dont buy into the idea that money is the only route to success.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #7062: May 02, 2016 10:29:22 pm
      I have to disagree, Sturridge should have started last Thursday and should start next Thursday. I am putting it very politely when I say it was a strange choice not to use him. If we don't go through people will hold Klopp partly responsible. The main culprit is Lori though. I have no doubt Origi would have scored or set a goal up. I don't think you can say everybody who has a different opinion should become an Everton fan just because Everton bad mouth their manager a lot. There is a difference between supporting the manager being at the club and supporting every choice he makes, I do support Klopp in his managerial position but I don't support all his choices he makes and if we are to sweep his mistakes under the carpet just to not look like Everton fans then that is just being ignorant to ourselves and bad way to be as fans. I can list atleast 5 mistakes but I still think Klopp is the best manager for us.

1: Claiming Mignolet is perfect for Liverpool.
      2: Giving Mignolet 5 year contract.
      3: Playing Mignolet almost all season and not giving Ward a chance.
      4: Not realizing how bad Skrtel was until it cost us badly, then using him again after.
      5: Not playing Sturridge against Villareal.

I still support Klopp as being the manager but these are big mistakes to me, mistakes that could have made the difference between champions league football or not, that doesn't mean I am going to become an Everton fan like you suggest people who recognise his mistakes should do, neither does it mean I will pretend it didn't happen to look like a bigger Klopp supporter. It is not some kind of competition it is an opinion and I can understand if there is backlash.

They constantly moan about F***ing everything you divvy, not just the manager, you know that's why we call them the bitters!!

I didn't say go and support Everton, just stop carrying on like their lot, ffs.

Have some F***ing faith lid!!

Some strange post here today, but just to clarify for some of you that don't know, Cricket is F***ing sh*t, it actually offends my eyes! Baseball's is only slightly less sh*t.
      You want a proper ball and bat game watch Hurling lads, real mans game!

And what the F**k is hurling? Only hurling I do lad is when I've drank far too much  ;D

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #7063: May 02, 2016 11:01:46 pm
      I have to disagree, Sturridge should have started last Thursday and should start next Thursday. I am putting it very politely when I say it was a strange choice not to use him. If we don't go through people will hold Klopp partly responsible. The main culprit is Lori though. I have no doubt Origi would have scored or set a goal up. I don't think you can say everybody who has a different opinion should become an Everton fan just because Everton bad mouth their manager a lot. There is a difference between supporting the manager being at the club and supporting every choice he makes, I do support Klopp in his managerial position but I don't support all his choices he makes and if we are to sweep his mistakes under the carpet just to not look like Everton fans then that is just being ignorant to ourselves and bad way to be as fans. I can list atleast 5 mistakes but I still think Klopp is the best manager for us.

1: Claiming Mignolet is perfect for Liverpool.
      2: Giving Mignolet 5 year contract.
      3: Playing Mignolet almost all season and not giving Ward a chance.
      4: Not realizing how bad Skrtel was until it cost us badly, then using him again after.
      5: Not playing Sturridge against Villareal.

I still support Klopp as being the manager but these are big mistakes to me, mistakes that could have made the difference between champions league football or not, that doesn't mean I am going to become an Everton fan like you suggest people who recognise his mistakes should do, neither does it mean I will pretend it didn't happen to look like a bigger Klopp supporter. It is not some kind of competition it is an opinion and I can understand if there is backlash.

The issue wasn't that Klopp didn't start Sturridge, there is too much focus on Sturridge vs. Firmino. The issue was that he didn't adjust his tactics to accommodate a player who is in form and instead, stuck to the same tactics, picking a player who is very much out of form. People keep saying "well it worked at City and Chelsea" but Firmino was in form then and was a significant goal threat at the time, something he did not offer on Thursday. In short, the real issue was that Klopp played for a draw and that's not something I can ever agree with. You play to win and settle for a draw. It doesn't make me think any less of the man but I'm not going to slavishly agree with everything he does either.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7064: May 03, 2016 12:37:15 am
      That's true but a Champion's League qualification was still possible from the league - should we really be giving up on it?

That's kind of my point.

On each of these occasions each manager has prioritised either the league over the cup (for CL qualification), or the cup over the league (a cup and CL qualification). IIRC, we weren't in the best position going to the Bernabeu Stadium so the manager prioritised the league game.

This time around, we're not in the best position in the league and the manager has clearly prioritised the Europa for the league campaign. The clear indicator in this being, our best striker gets a run out in these "meaningless games", alongside all the kids, so we know Jürgen has put all his eggs in the one basket similar to TPM against Chelsea. That didn't pay off for the previous manager, will it Jürgen?

Remember, you can't sully the good name of Liverpool F.C abroad to the likes of Madrid but you can in your own backyard to the Swans.  :-\

I bet Eurored wishes he'd have never + me for that post now.  ;D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #7065: May 03, 2016 05:19:12 am
      In amongst all this talk about Basketball, Rugby, Cricket and Hurlingi have one question.....what the F**k does TPM stand for :D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7066: May 03, 2016 06:46:01 am
      In amongst all this talk about Basketball, Rugby, Cricket and Hurlingi have one question.....what the f**k does TPM stand for :D

The previous manager.

Some folk didn't like his name being mentioned, so we're resorting to this acronym.  ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #7067: May 03, 2016 07:01:13 am
      Quote from s@int
      Cricket explained

You would have to understand cricket to understand that, in which case it's hilarious.  :lmao:

If you don't understand cricket, you're none the wiser.  ???
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7068: May 03, 2016 08:23:00 am
      Totally off topic but you know what Skip, we can all look back nostalgically to most things in our life.  As a child I can remember our cold, damp and draughty house that was so damp I had to pin the wallpaper to my bedroom wall 'cos it kept peeling off and the carpets rising and falling when the wind blew.  Hot water only once a week, on a Sunday, when everyone shared a bath and we were pretty well off compared to most but I wouldn't change it for the world  ;D 

Life was tougher but a damn sight easier in so many ways yet none of us would choose to go back to it after experiencing all the modern comforts of life nowadays (apart from my sister who likes the Victorian era).

Football in the upper echelons has changed, though it's not much different to those old days in the lower leagues, apart from the balls, the footware and the cars.

We have all contributed to the money footballers earn, from tickets, merchandice, tv packages etc even the internet we pay for to watch live games on streams.  It's no different to the way we contribute to moviestars, musicians and other sports people earning what they do, it's what happens when society has disposable income and wants to enjoy the good things in life.

I'm sure most of us on here drive better cars than our parents did, have better holidays to wonderfully exotic places that we didn't even know existed in our childhood. 

Are we also wrong for having that much money we can afford to do those things?  Or have we worked hard to become the best we can at our jobs to improve our standard of living and that of our children?

Back on topic - Jürgen Klopp, he's our Manager, who'da thought eh!!

Debs I make no apologies formy looking nack nostagically at the great players I have had the good fortune to see play over nearly 70 years.I was brought up in a corpy house in the Page Moss area so I can certainly differentiate between good and bad.I will never forget Billy Liddell,Bob Paisley.Bill Jones,Phil Taylor,and other top players who gave there all for L.F.C.The same applies to managers, I have seen the best and others who should never have been allowed anywhere near this club.I do believe that Jürgen Klopp will prove to be a success at Anfield and bring us the silverware we all crave.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4941 
      Reply #7069: May 03, 2016 09:15:15 am
      The previous manager.

Some folk didn't like his name being mentioned, so we're resorting to this acronym.  ;D

Seriously?

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7070: May 03, 2016 09:28:33 am
      Debs I make no apologies formy looking nack nostagically at the great players I have had the good fortune to see play over nearly 70 years.I was brought up in a corpy house in the Page Moss area so I can certainly differentiate between good and bad.I will never forget Billy Liddell,Bob Paisley.Bill Jones,Phil Taylor,and other top players who gave there all for L.F.C.The same applies to managers, I have seen the best and others who should never have been allowed anywhere near this club.I do believe that Jürgen Klopp will prove to be a success at Anfield and bring us the silverware we all crave.

Of course he will Billy.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #7071: May 03, 2016 10:08:42 am
      Don't know where all this talk of other sports has come from but I'll add to the madness...
      Rugby League is the perfect 'other' sport to follow, something to get into whilst the football season is off as the season runs Feb-Oct, the off season would be unbearable for me without the mighty St Helens RLFC.....don't watch Union unless you went to Eton or somewhere it's all very lah de dah.. ;)

Back on topic, I think Jürgen made a mistake by not making a change at HT against Villareal, he expected more from them first half which was fair enough but should have probably realised that they were there for the taking Sturridge and even Benteke could have put the tie to bed.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7072: May 03, 2016 10:20:16 am
      Well done to Ranieri - just shows what is possible in sport if you dont buy into the idea that money is the only route to success.

Beyond belief !
      Congratulate Ranieri ...   but mention nothing in our last four matches and only one word in 2000 + posts of the Dortmund comeback.
      A "Well done lads" would have been nice.
      Its obvious now .

Moving on  .........

On topic :  Klopp will bring us silverware in the next 12 months . Its a given.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4941 
      Reply #7073: May 03, 2016 10:22:22 am
      It's pretty simple.

Jürgen has made mistakes and given the squad hasn't done as well in the league as he should have done.

Its his first season, and one where he didn't get a summer window, so he'll get a lot of leeway from most for this but if after three years were still limping along in the league as we are and have nothing else to show for that time he will be fired like Brendan was.

Next season is a huge one for him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7074: May 03, 2016 10:28:17 am
      I'm intrigued with all the comments about Jürgen getting things wrong last Thursday in not playing Sturridge or not changing things at half time. 

I didn't see the game and I haven't seen any highlights, did we not have any attempts on goal or no chances to score?  Were we under the kosh for most of the game and in danger of losing by more than one goal?  Was it a similar game to Swansea where we never looked in the game?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #7075: May 03, 2016 10:29:06 am
      A club that hasn't won a league in 26 years is lucky to be able to attract a manager like Klopp.  We don't know how fortunate we are at times.

Too many whingers and moaners who want everything yesterday.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7076: May 03, 2016 10:45:12 am
      I'm intrigued with all the comments about Jürgen getting things wrong last Thursday in not playing Sturridge or not changing things at half time. 

I didn't see the game and I haven't seen any highlights, did we not have any attempts on goal or no chances to score?  Were we under the kosh for most of the game and in danger of losing by more than one goal?  Was it a similar game to Swansea where we never looked in the game?

We were certainly under the kosh in the first half,we were run ragged.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7077: May 03, 2016 10:50:53 am
      A club that hasn't won a league in 26 years is lucky to be able to attract a manager like Klopp.  We don't know how fortunate we are at times.

Too many whingers and moaners who want everything yesterday.

Fully agreed H.
      Only a few posts back and some are saying that Klopp will have to go   FFS.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7078: May 03, 2016 11:01:00 am
      We were certainly under the kosh in the first half,we were run ragged.

So we did well defensively then, apart from the last minute goal?

Just checked the motm votes, looks like the midfield was busy with 63 of the votes going to Allen, Lucas and Milner, 21 going to the defense and keeper and just 4 to the 5 attackers who played.  Yet we had 15 shots and 7 corners.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7079: May 03, 2016 11:06:56 am
      So we did well defensively then, apart from the last minute goal?

Just checked the motm votes, looks like the midfield was busy with 63 of the votes going to Allen, Lucas and Milner, 21 going to the defense and keeper and just 4 to the 5 attackers who played.  Yet we had 15 shots and 7 corners.

Firmino was useless.

He must be Klopp's landlord.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7080: May 03, 2016 11:17:17 am
      Firmino was useless.

He must be Klopp's landlord.

And the other 4 are his.......?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7081: May 03, 2016 11:38:37 am
      And the other 4 are his.......?

... servants?

I don't know.

But what I do know is, they didn't take the position of our best striker who turned out to be nothing but a tourist in Vila-real.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7082: May 03, 2016 11:49:41 am
      So it was the attacking players fault (mistakes) for not stepping up when needed.  That makes more sense.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7083: May 03, 2016 11:52:42 am
      So it was the attacking players fault (mistakes) for not stepping up when needed.  That makes more sense.

I didn't say that.

Quick Reply