Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1549868 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #7475: May 15, 2016 11:15:33 pm
      he has come from another league and not the best one compared to the EPL. The players had their arse well and truly buried up their own arses when he came and it took sometime for players to "get it" but our recent results have been very good and once again we have had European nights to remember for the first time in ages.
      We still have a huge game left one which will actually progress us to a position where we have no right to be considering our overall performance this season but we have to take this opportunity.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,885 posts | 704 
      Reply #7476: May 16, 2016 07:02:07 am
      Quote from RedPuppy
      If we win on Wednesday then great, if not, he will have a distraction free season to push for the league. With a few select players you never know, and we should have a major push up the league.

We should have a small advantage on the teams with new managers.

How did that work out this year with Ranieri, eh?

If we do well in the league next year, I want it to be on merit, not just because we were not as "distracted" as 7 other sides.

I've said it before and will say it again, I want European football next year. We need European football next year to build on the progress this year, and to help attract better players on board. I just can't see the likes of Gotze or Reus (to name two) coming near this place, if the nearest he'll get to Europe is Bournemouth.

We won one league game in the last 5, failing to secure a European place in the league, not the best form going into a European final tbh. That just increases the pressure on the players because make no mistake, Seville are a quality side and they're not double holders in this for effect. Well there's no second chances anymore. It's all or nothing now.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7477: May 16, 2016 07:13:56 am
      I don't think there's a single club in the world that wouldn't want Klopp as their manager!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7478: May 16, 2016 07:31:05 am
      Sorry but however you cut it, finishing 8th in the league is not good enough for LFC and is bitterly disappointing.

Doesn't matter if Jesus Christ was the manager no "big" club could write off an 8th placed finish as acceptable, Real Madrid wouldn't, Barca wouldn't, Bayern wouldn't and so on.

AC Milan .  Won the CL last in 2007 .

Finished 8th, 10th and 7th this last three seasons.

InterMilan   last four  ...  4th, 8th, 5th and 9th.

Small clubs then ... ?

Ooops.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #7479: May 16, 2016 08:10:24 am
      I explicitly wrote that and for good reason.

And I stand by it.

Well thankyou for being honest enough to admit it - and you werent the only one.

Of course yu have a right to that opinion - its not one i agree with.

To those of you saying "youre a WUM, i dont think anyone is saying.." - apology accepted.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #7480: May 16, 2016 08:23:37 am
      AC Milan .  Won the CL last in 2007 .

Finished 8th, 10th and 7th this last three seasons.

InterMilan   last four  ...  4th, 8th, 5th and 9th.

Small clubs then ... ?

Ooops.

Question was which one of those clubs would write off those finishes as acceptable?

What happens, do you get halfway through a sentence then get all excited because you think you know the answer and dont bother reading to the end?

Oops.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #7481: May 16, 2016 08:36:17 am
      So what do you propose then? Do you want to bin Klopp since we didn't win the league after he took over when we were in 10th?

Should we go out and try to replace him with a better manager?

I mean seriously, I've been as critical of our results at times under Klopp as anyone but I'm elated that we now have the opportunity to win a major cup? Make Champions League, and start an off season and a transfer window under Klopp. At this point you are just on a wind up, there can be no other explanation because what do you propose is the alternative? Should we have kept Rodgers? Do you think he'd have had us in a better position right now than we are?

Just piss off with that noise already.

Nope im just saying it like it is - as you can see from the posts above what i said was correct. If the truth winds you up thats your problem not mine.

Its great that Klopp is here - for years i have been arguing agianst the same idiots who are now happy to write off the league that spent week after week bangungvon about how FSG would never hire a manager like Klopp as they werent interested in winning the league and wanted a"yes-man".

But big clubs NEVER write off a poor league finish as "acceptable" no matter who the manager is.

I understand why many fo it in Klopp's case - its great we have got to two finals - but its not the mentality of a big club. Thats my opinion - and the opinion of many others who are saddened to see us finish 8th.

Ill tell you know that will also be closer to Klopp's opinion than your own. Do you think he is sitting in Melwood happy with finishing 8th because he gets a "free pass"?  No chance - because he is a winner.

This is an LFC forum - not a bunch of teenage girls discussing One Direction. For a club with our history 8th is a travesty.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7482: May 16, 2016 08:46:25 am
      Well thankyou for being honest enough to admit it - and you werent the only one.

There's no shame in admitting it.

Klopp came in mid season with no pre-season or immediate transfer window.

The squad was decimated in the striking department and our new striker was miss firing.

He had to get to grips with the league, club, players and also his new surroundings away from football.

He's been allowed, even encouraged imo to run the rule over our entire squad and is under no pressure for doing so.

He will now have a clear idea of who he wants and who he doesn't based on competitive games over a number of months rather than a few friendly's over a couple of weeks in pre-season.

The only qualm I think anyone can really have with the benefit of hindsight is the way the games have gone we've only ended up 6 points off 4th, if only we hadn't put all our eggs into one Europa league basket.

But I don't think anyone of us expected us to make up the ground and for City to drop as many points so I see the method in Klopps madness.

On to the final Wednesday, lets just hope we win it, Champions League football will be Klopptastic.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7483: May 16, 2016 09:31:14 am
      I'm pretty disappointed in our league position tbh, BUT I wouldn't swop 4th place for the Europa cup. Beating the mancs is always a pleasure, knocking them out of Europe was sheer delight. Beating Dortmund in the way we did was incredible. Then to play the way we played against Villarreal... fantastic. Win next week and we get CL AND a nice shiny cup...better than 4th place for me anyway. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7484: May 16, 2016 11:36:32 am
      We finished 8th blah blah blah.

Not good but I think some are forgetting we dispensed with our manager in October where those above us stuck - not saying Brendan should have stayed but as soon as he left it was a clear signal that we could write the league campaign off, especially when FSG didn't mark down any goals for Jürgen to achieve this season, aside from getting us to play 'a notable brand of football' - which in fairness, when given the chance, we have.

Unless some are so naive to believe Jürgen could galvanise a team so quickly, there is no way it was straightforward that we were just going to shoot up the league with a change of manager. Some folk have no patience at all.

Good post mate, but d'ya know what a little more luck with injuries we could have made top 4,
      Now I know a certain person will blame Jürgen for said injuries but he's full of sh*t at the best of times so it don't matter,

Irrespective of the ups and downs we are very much on the front foot and look forward with real optimism, so f***in what we finished 8th, this season league wise was more or less written off in October, and the rebuilding started when Jürgen took over,
      Any other new manager is given 2/3 seasons to build his empire Jürgen is no different,except we all know he won't take that long.

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #7485: May 16, 2016 11:38:19 am
      Nope im just saying it like it is - as you can see from the posts above what i said was correct. If the truth winds you up thats your problem not mine.

Its great that Klopp is here - for years i have been arguing agianst the same idiots who are now happy to write off the league that spent week after week bangungvon about how FSG would never hire a manager like Klopp as they werent interested in winning the league and wanted a"yes-man".

But big clubs NEVER write off a poor league finish as "acceptable" no matter who the manager is.

I understand why many fo it in Klopp's case - its great we have got to two finals - but its not the mentality of a big club. Thats my opinion - and the opinion of many others who are saddened to see us finish 8th.

Ill tell you know that will also be closer to Klopp's opinion than your own. Do you think he is sitting in Melwood happy with finishing 8th because he gets a "free pass"?  No chance - because he is a winner.

This is an LFC forum - not a bunch of teenage girls discussing One Direction. For a club with our history 8th is a travesty.

Right, like I said, you don't have an alternative or a solution, you are just trying to wind people up. You are just here to bi*ch and whine like a toddler that dropped his ice cream cone.

Thanks for proving my point. And you wonder why you take so much heat on here.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #7486: May 16, 2016 12:08:12 pm
      Granted our league form has been below 'par' this season but I'll take the excuse of concentrating on winning the Europa Cup as way of qualifying for the champions league as a good enough excuse...

Winning the Europa Cup this season & going straight into the group stages to me is far greater than just coming in 4th where you have to go through a tricky qualifier...

I hope we win the competition,if not I'm damn pretty sure next season we will reap some benefits of no European distractions just like we did with Rodgers where he almost won the league..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7487: May 16, 2016 12:51:18 pm
      I'm pretty disappointed in our league position tbh, BUT I wouldn't swop 4th place for the Europa cup. Beating the mancs is always a pleasure, knocking them out of Europe was sheer delight. Beating Dortmund in the way we did was incredible. Then to play the way we played against Villarreal... fantastic. Win next week and we get CL AND a nice shiny cup...better than 4th place for me anyway. 

I agree totally. I'm not saying that I'm not disappointed for our league position but I would prefer to win a European cup and get Champions League than coming 2nd or 3rd.

Winning brings confidence and confidence brings Victories.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #7488: May 16, 2016 01:45:19 pm
      Right, like I said, you don't have an alternative or a solution, you are just trying to wind people up. You are just here to bi*ch and whine like a toddler that dropped his ice cream cone.

Thanks for proving my point. And you wonder why you take so much heat on here.

Ummm, no - the point you were trying to make was:

I didn't read where anyone wrote off 8th as acceptable. Think you are trying to stir s**t for sure now.

Except that your point was subsequently disproved in the following posts - many are happy with 8th as long as we have Klopp.

As for a solution? Yes - Ive been writing about what the solutions should be all season - getting the best out of theplayers available rather than trying to impose the philosophy, not overtraining the squad so they keel over with musculoskeletal injuries, playing Sturridge and Benteke when they were fit - I could go on.

Great to see what a superfan you are being happy with 8th. I'm not. Doesn't matter who's in charge.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7489: May 16, 2016 02:00:00 pm
      I agree totally. I'm not saying that I'm not disappointed for our league position but I would prefer to win a European cup and get Champions League than coming 2nd or 3rd.

Winning brings confidence and confidence brings Victories.

Absolutely! Winning the Europa league is a bigger achievement than finishing second IMO!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #7490: May 16, 2016 02:15:15 pm

Until the moaning cu*ts try chasing him out of town.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      Reply #7491: May 16, 2016 02:57:16 pm
      Ummm, no - the point you were trying to make was:

Except that your point was subsequently disproved in the following posts - many are happy with 8th as long as we have Klopp.

As for a solution? Yes - Ive been writing about what the solutions should be all season - getting the best out of theplayers available rather than trying to impose the philosophy, not overtraining the squad so they keel over with musculoskeletal injuries, playing Sturridge and Benteke when they were fit - I could go on.

Great to see what a superfan you are being happy with 8th. I'm not. Doesn't matter who's in charge.

The very fact you don't recognise when you are wrong and still argue the point tells everyone you hadn't been circumcised.....your a complete pr**k...

Not one person on these boards are happy we finished 8th, not one person is saying that finishing 8th is acceptable for a club of our size or standing, what most of are saying is that considering the situation at the time Klopp took over to that of where we are now is a pretty damn good start to which most of see as the start of a new era,

Being the total f***in dick you are, you can't see it, you are only interested in what you have to say, only your opinion counts and anyone who disagrees with your opinion is shot down in flames,

You said you've been writing about 'your solutions' all season, where getting the best out of the players available rather than impose the philosophy, that you think playing a unfit Sturridge alongside a totally inept Benteke and the best of all 'not overtraining the squad' that they keel over with muscular-skeletal injuries,

It's obvious to most that the squad he took over was not at a level of fitness he wanted, but yet in your opinion he should have carried on with a system that clearly wasn't working,
      Every new manager who comes into a club installs his way of working, his methods of training, his philosophy, you seem to be missing the point entirely,

Jürgen's philosophy is different from the of TPM, he demands a certain level of fitness to play the style of football he prefers, a few hamstring injuries later the difference in how we play is immeasurable, but again you can't see this,

you just refer back to your usual f***in bullshit , you go down the 'I'm gonna insult you' route to get a reaction and that fuckstick is you ultimate aim, to wind people up despite the fact you are totally wrong,
      Your like that school bully who can't get his own way, but you know what mate you carry on. Eventually tho most will see you for what you are......

A total f***in bellend !!

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #7492: May 16, 2016 03:02:36 pm
      Seriously, I like a good debate, argument, word fight, whatever as much as the next guy, but when you can't even stay on topic, provide a reasonable response or make a point without resorting to ad hominem attacks then maybe it's time you take a  permanent vacation from the forum. 

Not one red on this forum  that I know of is happy with or  thinks 8th is acceptable. There are people that accept that 8th is probably about  where we are talent wise and with the injuries we had and considering the  fact we were 10th when we let Brodge go. There's a HUGE difference between thinking 8th is  acceptable and accepting that 8th is where we should be all other things considered.

The fact that we still have the possibility (likelihood) of raising a Euro cup and making Champion's  League....well  that's a pretty nice consolation prize.

If you can't concede that point then you truly are nothing but a sniveling troll.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7493: May 16, 2016 03:09:18 pm
      Until the moaning cu*ts try chasing him out of town.

Couple of years off that mate... maybe a couple of days if we lose on Wednesday :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      Reply #7494: May 16, 2016 03:12:39 pm
      Couple of years off that mate... maybe a couple of days if we lose on Wednesday :)

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest S@int, it beggars belief sometimes it really does !

YNWA
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #7495: May 16, 2016 03:19:52 pm
      Absolutely! Winning the Europa league is a bigger achievement than finishing second IMO!

Is right. If we do win the Europa league will anyone have preferred to be in Arsenal's shoes (and Klopp in Wenger's)?

They are happy having finished one point above Tottenham. One more glorious season for them.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2016 04:33:51 pm by nikos »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7496: May 16, 2016 03:21:39 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest S@int, it beggars belief sometimes it really does !

YNWA

I'm more confident going into next season than I have been since Kenny left. I was always convinced when Kenny came back that we would win the league within a couple of years, I feel the same now with Jürgen.  Hopefully this time I'm right :)

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #7497: May 16, 2016 03:24:32 pm
      Dry your tears Princess - I made a perfectly valid point that people were happy to settle for our 8th place league position since Klopp was here and that, in my opnion, this was not the mindset of a "big" club.

You denied that was the case, calling me a "sh*t stirrer/WUM" - then - when it was confirmed that there ARE people who think exactly that you start throwing your toys out of the pram and accuse ME of "ad hominem attacks". Laughable.

If you can't handle people expressing their opinions then perhaps it's you who needs to take a break from the forum.

At least we can finally all agree that finishing in 8th place is not something to be happy about or even something we should ignore. It's unacceptable. Full stop. You're welcome.

Quick Reply