Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1560441 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9867: Sep 21, 2016 11:39:34 pm
      Don't quite understand BR had Suarez and Gerard at his disposal in 3 league cup campaigns.

No he didn't. Suarez left summer 2014
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9868: Sep 22, 2016 07:54:38 am
      No he didn't. Suarez left summer 2014

My mistake he did too.

Still had his "lion" Ricky, Sterling, Balo, Origi,Studge, Gerard to get the goals in.

Irrelevant  in the grand scheme of things he had more games in the league cup and scored less goals don't see the need to proclaim he was hard done by or move the goal posts for him.

Maybe he should have flipped the triangle more often...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9869: Sep 22, 2016 08:41:16 am
      My mistake he did too.

Still had his "lion" Ricky, Sterling, Balo, Origi,Studge, Gerard to get the goals in.

Irrelevant  in the grand scheme of things he had more games in the league cup and scored less goals don't see the need to proclaim he was hard done by or move the goal posts for him.

:lmao:

I was simply pointing out you were wrong.

I am delighted Jürgen is our manager not Brendan, but I couldn't care less whether we have scored more goals or not, the only thing I desperately want Jürgen to beat all our previous managers in is the trophy count.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,373 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #9870: Sep 22, 2016 01:09:39 pm
      not sure if its been mentioned in earlier posts but a huge thing for me is we have had 2 centre half's score in back to back games and from set pieces. For the first time in years we are a threat from all over the park.

That for me could be the most telling factor in where this season goes

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9871: Sep 22, 2016 01:13:56 pm
      not sure if its been mentioned in earlier posts but a huge thing for me is we have had 2 centre half's score in back to back games and from set pieces. For the first time in years we are a threat from all over the park.

Aye.

I think it was Stevie's last season where we were near the top of the league in corners yet had one of the lowest conversion rates.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #9872: Sep 22, 2016 01:35:30 pm

Our midfield has chipped in too with the goals which has taken that extra burned the men upfront faced when not firing on all cylinders...

Just need Mig/Karius to chip on now :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #9873: Sep 22, 2016 01:40:40 pm
      Very interesting to hear him today saying about fans attitudes and how it transfers to players inside the stadium.

Basically saying that in a big game if we have a missed chance the fans are excited and say 'come on keep pushing' whereas if we miss a chance against a lesser team then it's slumped back and more 'what was that'.

Anfield has never had a problem getting going for the big games but the 3 points at the weekend are just the same as the 3 against Chelsea.  Seems he is trying to get that through to both the players and the fans.

Says the fans need to stick with the team for the '90, 95 minutes'.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #9874: Sep 22, 2016 02:26:58 pm
      Very interesting to hear him today saying about fans attitudes and how it transfers to players inside the stadium.

Basically saying that in a big game if we have a missed chance the fans are excited and say 'come on keep pushing' whereas if we miss a chance against a lesser team then it's slumped back and more 'what was that'.

Anfield has never had a problem getting going for the big games but the 3 points at the weekend are just the same as the 3 against Chelsea.  Seems he is trying to get that through to both the players and the fans.

Says the fans need to stick with the team for the '90, 95 minutes'.

Makes perfect sense. If we had lost to Chelski instead of Burnley we would not have been feeling that bad. But, we would still be 3 points worse off. It's points that matter at the end of the day and we need to make sure we are with team for any game (even against the likes of Hull, Burnley, etc.).

This manager makes lot of sense - doesn't he?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #9875: Sep 22, 2016 02:58:58 pm
      Why do you think we didn't force them back in the second half?

No mate they set themselves up exactly like they did in our pre season friendly they sat deep and hoped to hit us on the counter. Typical Italian tactics.

You will have to explain to me the difference in breaking down a team wanting to play deep against a team forced back and playing deep?

I think where we have struggled from the Gerrard slip game to Burnley has been defensive erorrs and in particular individual errors.
      Opposition score the first goal from an error we get desperate and end up conceding another!

The way Jürgen is trying to implement his philosophy and has the team counter pressing means we are minimising these costly errors but also we can catch the opposition in transition and with their defence disorganised increase the chance of scoring ourselves.

Long season to go but I am very optimistic that things are moving in the right direction.

There is quite a big difference there. When we play against teams that set up to play deep, especially once they go one or two goals up, is there everyone apart from a striker will get back behind the ball.

If you're up against a team that's been forced back, lets say Chelsea, they will still be looking to release Hazard, Willian, Oscar and Costa on the break because they know they can get back in the game.

Up against Burnley at 2-0 they were content in sitting deep and staying there too.

That's what we need to break down.

That said some of our quick passing, 1-2 touch passing and quick runs in behind defenders is something I've noticed a lot more of this season. Maybe that's the key to breaking them down.

Like Jürgen said it's about having solutions to different situations that may arise, i've no doubt we'll have one on saturday if we go a goal behind.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #9876: Sep 22, 2016 04:31:39 pm
      especially once they go one or two goals up

My original question was what is the difference in tactics in breaking down a team who sit deep or are forced back like the Chelsea first half where we started scoreless.

As an aside I thought with Rodgers gone we would all as fellow Reds try and get on. Too much to ask for..............sigh

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,206 posts | 3391 
      Reply #9877: Sep 22, 2016 05:34:47 pm
      To be fair, Jürgen has his full complement of strikers available, Brendan didn't have that luxury. But credit where its due, Jürgen attacking tactics are paying off handsomely, and its a joy to watch.

It was just a sh*t stirring comment mate, not one I was trying to cause a debate with :laugh:

And it looks like it worked to be fair. You've responded in a decent fashion, somebody has then tried to counter your argument and from there we've got a full scale riot. I think my work here is done, now it's time to sit back and enjoy.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #9878: Sep 22, 2016 05:37:03 pm
      I see it's been a nice pleasant afternoon in the Klopp household ,
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #9879: Sep 22, 2016 06:17:40 pm
      10,000 Thread Posts. Only took 49 weeks.

He gives us a lot to talk about.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #9880: Sep 22, 2016 06:27:55 pm
      Indeed 10,000 posts :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9881: Sep 22, 2016 08:38:26 pm
      If we had lost to Chelski instead of Burnley we would not have been feeling that bad. But, we would still be 3 points worse off.

I'd rather lose to Burnley than them chav cu*ts.

Obviously in an ideal world we lose to neither.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9882: Sep 22, 2016 08:45:04 pm
      I think Klopp's greatest achievement at the club so far is reestablishing a sense of parity throughout the team that makes us no longer reliant on one or two players alone. Even in the Rafa days we could never get away from the sense that we were one or two injuries (ie Torres and/or Gerrard) away from being competitors to also rans. Our attack today, with the exception of Mane, is pretty much identical to the attack of 12 months ago but the difference being that 12 months ago we were wholly dependent on Sturridge to push through positive results for us. That you could ask three different Liverpool supporters and you'd come up with three different attacking formations shows just how much he has diversified the quality and options across the squad.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9883: Sep 22, 2016 08:46:15 pm
      Wow!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,438 posts | 6429 
      Reply #9884: Sep 23, 2016 04:19:25 am
      My mistake he did too.

Gerrard

Does my head in when people can't spell one of our greatest ever player's name right.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9885: Sep 23, 2016 07:40:59 am
      Gerrard

Does my head in when people can't spell one of our greatest ever player's name right.
      Thanks tips.

I'll blame the iOS upgrade for that.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9886: Sep 23, 2016 08:31:27 am
      Ha ha ha... like this you mean?

Or, preferably, with a tad more panache, like this?

Nothing like flipping the old triangle and while all coaches (who play with a three) deploy that tactic, Rodgers really shouldn't have been giving away trade secrets.  :angry-smiley-034: :laugh: :laugh:

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9887: Sep 23, 2016 08:52:16 am
      Last night, Divock Origi scored the 17th goal in the League Cup in Jürgen Klopp in just the 7th game. Brendan Rodgers managed 16 goals, in ten games.
      Indeed; we are a goal scoring machine in the League Cup this season.

Strangely enough, last season we only scored, more than 1 goal, in just one League Cup game out of the five we played under the boss [Saints away = 6] and only 3 in the other four.  :o

Thankfully the games against Burton and Derby have seen that average boosted and long may it continue... another 4 against Spurs will do.  :laugh: 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9888: Sep 23, 2016 11:52:38 am
      Ha ha ha... like this you mean?

Or, preferably, with a tad more panache, like this?

Nothing like flipping the old triangle and while all coaches (who play with a three) deploy that tactic, Rodgers really shouldn't have been giving away trade secrets.  :angry-smiley-034: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers pal.

The humorous bit for me was the convinction and enthusiasm which he spoke about it one could easily been mistaken or duped into believing he invented it.

Good on you though for going out of your way to google image Klopp holding 3 fingers up.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9889: Sep 23, 2016 12:45:05 pm
      Good on you though for going out of your way to google image Klopp holding 3 fingers up.
      Oh jaysus no Dado I didn't F***ing google it; it was posted here: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,18149.13140.html

That said: bless you for thinking I could be arsed doing that.  :lmao:

I totally agree about "the humorous bit" being that one would have thought he invented 'the triangle' and that is why I pointed out (by way of the photo) he didn't...

I thought it was funny but I guess the subtle nuances of "humour" are a bit hard to convey in the written word. :laugh:

Quick Reply