Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1561536 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #10649: Jan 21, 2017 04:10:48 pm

I think it's an ironic stance, because obviously EVERYBODY is saying Jürgen is clueless aren't they? It's the standard approach of many on here, when they first see a poster saying that even though we might have won we aren't playing as well as we were they jump all over them. Then when it becomes obvious that in actual fact we aren't playing as well as we were (so even THEY can't deny it anymore) rather than say "actually some of you guys had a point a few weeks back" the response is to say people have knives out for the boss.

Obviously NOBODY has knives out for the boss, but people are just a little frustrated.   
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10650: Jan 21, 2017 04:11:36 pm

I'm fine mate.  Just wanted to see the other side of the fence rather than be positive all the time.

Seems everyone else feels better for it so thought I'd give it a go.  It's not working though as it feels worse slagging everyone off than the actual loss.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10651: Jan 21, 2017 04:13:05 pm
      Well the mistake Klopp made was signing the lad. There was probably a good reason he was playing at a low to mid table Bundesliga club and had never been snapped up by anybody else and probably a good reason his asking price was so cheap.

I have no idea what made us want to buy him, though I do know he's going to be playing a lot of football this season and will probably cost us a lot more points.

Maybe in the Summer we will actually buy a centre half capable of filling in when called upon or perhaps 1 to play alongside Matip or Lovren and push 1 of them to the bench. Thats the best way to build a squad over buying cheap sh*te designed as cover.

Costs money though.

Didn't have an issue with Klavan starting today. It was his spooked performance after the yellow which should have been acted upon. All managers will have their howlers, even the greatest, it seems that Klopp had his today.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #10652: Jan 21, 2017 04:16:02 pm
      I think it's an ironic stance, because obviously EVERYBODY is saying Jürgen is clueless aren't they? It's the standard approach of many on here, when they first see a poster saying that even though we might have won we aren't playing as well as we were they jump all over them. Then when it becomes obvious that in actual fact we aren't playing as well as we were (so even THEY can't deny it anymore) rather than say "actually some of you guys had a point a few weeks back" the response is to say people have knives out for the boss.

Obviously NOBODY has knives out for the boss, but people are just a little frustrated.   

Now has never been a better time since Klopp's arrival to get behind him & the team..

You cannot expect one man to carry us all the way, we have a part to play as do supporters at the game..

Klopp has given me hope, my target was a top 4 spot & a domestic cup, Klopp has me believing beyond that, I don't expect it but it would be a tremendous effort if he did.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10653: Jan 21, 2017 04:18:18 pm
      I tell you what shabadoo, I'm not getting all the bollocks that's flying around, at all.

Jürgen gave a four year target for winning the title but here we are in his first season and the toys are flying out like the demon seed owns the pram.

Chill the f**k out folks, it'll come but stamping your feet won't make it come any faster.

Who's stomping their feet though mate? Who's chucking toys out of the pram?

I've seen posters say we ought to have gone for it a bit more in the transfer market, and I've seen the inevitable "I think he picked the wrong team" posts (which are hard to dispute when we just lost 3-2 at home to Swansea) but I haven't seen anyone losing their sh!t in the same style as they regularly did under Rodgers. Maybe I've missed it, but I think there is a danger of over-reacting to an over-reaction which doesn't actually exist. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10654: Jan 21, 2017 04:19:04 pm
      Now has never been a better time since Klopp's arrival to get behind him & the team..

You cannot expect one man to carry us all the way, we have a part to play as do supporters at the game..

Klopp has given me hope, my target was a top 4 spot & a domestic cup, Klopp has me believing beyond that, I don't expect it but it would be a tremendous effort if he did.

Totally agree mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #10655: Jan 21, 2017 04:20:13 pm
      I'm fine mate.  Just wanted to see the other side of the fence rather than be positive all the time.

Seems everyone else feels better for it so thought I'd give it a go.  It's not working though as it feels worse slagging everyone off than the actual loss.

I know he didnt play but you missed out Lucas Debs   ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10656: Jan 21, 2017 04:20:21 pm
      I tell you what shabadoo, I'm not getting all the bollocks that's flying around, at all.

Jürgen gave a four year target for winning the title but here we are in his first season and the toys are flying out like the demon seed owns the pram.

Chill the f**k out folks, it'll come but stamping your feet won't make it come any faster.

There's people who are thick blaming the wrong things, people who are understandably pissed off with the result and people who are jumping on things to make things they've said in the past seem correct.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10657: Jan 21, 2017 04:27:11 pm
      I know he didnt play but you missed out Lucas Debs   ;D

That's why I didn't say anything bad about him mate  ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #10658: Jan 21, 2017 04:29:54 pm
      Well at least the Scum are losing cmon you Potters.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10659: Jan 21, 2017 04:31:46 pm
      I know what you mean love. Just back away, let those who do find the scapegoat in the match thread and come back later when most have chilled their boots.

We're not even two thirds of the way through a season with Jürgen, he'll come good, a cool head knows that, a kneejerk head thinks entirely different.

Belief is a strange thing but if you don't have it then failure is virtually guaranteed isn't it?

The reaction to my posts has actually put a smile on my face Ian, so that's a positive.

I'll always believe, just wanted to know if it felt good or bad slagging everything and everyone at the club off a bad result.  Most others do it so I assumed they must get off on it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10660: Jan 21, 2017 04:34:37 pm
      Well the mistake Klopp made was signing the lad. There was probably a good reason he was playing at a low to mid table Bundesliga club and had never been snapped up by anybody else and probably a good reason his asking price was so cheap.

I have no idea what made us want to buy him, though I do know he's going to be playing a lot of football this season and will probably cost us a lot more points.

Maybe in the Summer we will actually buy a centre half capable of filling in when called upon or perhaps 1 to play alongside Matip or Lovren and push 1 of them to the bench. Thats the best way to build a squad over buying cheap sh*te designed as cover.

Costs money though.

Yes mate but look at when he was bought. You think he was bought to play so many games.

We had:

Matip
      Sakho
      Lovren
      Gomez

All, in my opinion at least, ahead of this lad at the time of purchase. Then throw in Lucas too and realistically I think he was brought to fill the gaps, not play much and be happy enough on the bench. Sure you can argue that we buy someone ahead of Matip and really boost the quality of the CB roster but was that realistically an option?

Now the January window boys will be saying we should have bought someone but who? Fonte was laughed at and I haven't seen any other CB moving. We didn't expect to be without Matip so really I think we've been put in a bit of a bind with this one. Fully expect Sakho to be replaced in the summer but for now people will continue to bash the boss over his decision to drop him and instill discipline which to me is massively unfair.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10661: Jan 21, 2017 04:48:47 pm
      Yes mate but look at when he was bought. You think he was bought to play so many games.

We had:

Matip
      Sakho
      Lovren
      Gomez

All, in my opinion at least, ahead of this lad at the time of purchase. Then throw in Lucas too and realistically I think he was brought to fill the gaps, not play much and be happy enough on the bench. Sure you can argue that we buy someone ahead of Matip and really boost the quality of the CB roster but was that realistically an option?

Now the January window boys will be saying we should have bought someone but who? Fonte was laughed at and I haven't seen any other CB moving. We didn't expect to be without Matip so really I think we've been put in a bit of a bind with this one. Fully expect Sakho to be replaced in the summer but for now people will continue to bash the boss over his decision to drop him and instill discipline which to me is massively unfair.

Bang on mate, I'm hoping in the summer we will outbid everyone else and raid Saints for Van Dyk,
      He and Matip would be ideal imo, with Lovren and young Gomez as back up, it's gonna cost us plenty but we have the dollars to at least compete for that kind of quality.

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10662: Jan 21, 2017 05:01:01 pm

Bang on mate, I'm hoping in the summer we will outbid everyone else and raid Saints for Van Dyk,
      He and Matip would be ideal imo, with Lovren and young Gomez as back up, it's gonna cost us plenty but we have the dollars to at least compete for that kind of quality.

YNWA

Agreed mate, I think a partner for Matip will be top priority. It's my belief that Gomez was looked at as that potential partner but with his injury problems I think we'll move recruitment up a notch in this department.

Personally I could easily see a RB come in too and of course a striker when Studge almost inevitably departs. Plenty of work for Jürgen still to do but as you rightly pointed out in the match thread we're a work in progress and the emphasis being on the progress. We've come a long way in a short time in my opinion. 2 finals, a semi-final and now competing at the top end of the league, it's hardly surprising that we're encountering a few issues and it's sad to see people use this spell as a tool to launch little attacks.

The part I totally buy is that this patience granted is buying the owners patience they don't necessarily deserve but we'll see in the summer if we are indeed competing for the likes of Van Dyk. I hope so mate, from the little I've seen of him he looks exactly the type we need.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10663: Jan 21, 2017 05:37:28 pm
      Every little ting is gonna be all right 
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10664: Jan 21, 2017 05:39:14 pm
      The only question I have for the boss is the seemed persistence in having Can playing and in turn putting Lallana up top. I would rather have Origi, Ojo, or even Sturridge up top on the right then constantly forcing Lallana up there when it is clear to a blind man he is best in the midfield 3.

The boss and squad can make no excuses losing to a club like Swansea at home, just none, that being said its not time to give up and throw a fit because when we click we are capable of pulling off 8-10 wins in row; were still in this hunt but its time to man up.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #10665: Jan 21, 2017 06:28:12 pm
      Yeah boss blame a quiet Anfield for your woes. Nothing to do with your poor signings, lack of tactical flexibility or a team you fielded that thought all they had to do was show up today and the win was theirs.
      The world and their mother knew how we were going to line up today. Why do we need Gini, Can and Hendo for a game like today? We're at home against a team conceding goals for fun, Sadio Mane is in Africa and Sturridge and Origi are sitting on the bench?? If you don't fancy Sturridge Jürgen get him out of the club now and bring someone in who you'd back to score against the leagues second bottom club.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #10666: Jan 21, 2017 06:31:17 pm
      The only question I have for the boss is the seemed persistence in having Can playing and in turn putting Lallana up top. I would rather have Origi, Ojo, or even Sturridge up top on the right then constantly forcing Lallana up there when it is clear to a blind man he is best in the midfield 3.

The boss and squad can make no excuses losing to a club like Swansea at home, just none, that being said its not time to give up and throw a fit because when we click we are capable of pulling off 8-10 wins in row; were still in this hunt but its time to man up.

Exactly.

I love Klopp to bits but my main gripe is playing Can.

He needs to stop it because Can is causing us harm all over the place.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #10667: Jan 21, 2017 06:40:46 pm
      At the start we pressed, harried, and put opponents under pressure. They made mistakes, we'd hurt them.

Trouble is as I see it, teams have sussed out how to play against the press; do nothing. If you're not playing with an attempt to score goals, there's nothing to press. All you do is sit back, wait until you (inevitably) get the ball, and hit on the counter. Just what the Swans did.

That's why we'll have more luck and chances against a team like City, or Chelsea, or Spurs. They'll come out of their fox holes and make a game of it.

Over to Klopp to counter their counter.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #10668: Jan 21, 2017 07:01:46 pm
      if you guys are thinking klavan was always just going to warm a bench i think you are wrong. i believe the boss had always wanted him to play alot of games.  matip injuries gave him even more

reason i say this is his salary. we gave him 55k a week. that is roughly what we pay lovren and lallana.  he came in as a first team squad member with a real chance at playing a ton with us

my issue is why are we shopping for these calibre of players. nothing personal against the lad but if we truly want to win, we need true quality. quality is evident when the stuff hits the fan.  less mistakes overall, ability to create chances out of thin air etc etc

its a project but there is some truth in the saying. you are only as good as your tools. Jürgen is a fantastic manager but he needs to buy better tools
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10669: Jan 21, 2017 08:50:19 pm

:D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #10670: Jan 21, 2017 09:20:19 pm

It looks like we are going to buy that Jamaican winger Calypso,i hope i have spelled his name right.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10671: Jan 21, 2017 09:38:06 pm
      I know what you mean love. Just back away, let those who do find the scapegoat in the match thread and come back later when most have chilled their boots.

We're not even two thirds of the way through a season with Jürgen, he'll come good, a cool head knows that, a kneejerk head thinks entirely different.

Fair enough, but do people really think the discussion 'in general' on here during our recent 'dip' hasn't been over the top, or particularly over-reactionary? Think people are disappointed with recent results, and there's some poking around and looking into that.

Maybe memories are a tad short though, cause compared with what the previous manager had to put up with, for a long time - and from some now sitting cross-legged, rubbing their temples and humming 'believe' - it's very, very, VERY mild.

Personally think its possible to be a bit pissed off and question the state of things, while still being behind Jürgen, what he's trying to do, and the progress he's already made.

Quick Reply