Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1543062 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #12397: Apr 09, 2017 07:49:26 am
      Jürgen knew (like most of us) that his initial line up and formation was clearly wrong pretty early on. [dictated by injuries to a great extent.]

I like that he wasn't arrogant enough to deny or ignore that fact and made what changes he could at the half.

It's a big man who admits his mistakes and a better man who learns from them... big respect for the boss. 😎
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2017 07:53:34 am by bad boy bubby »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #12398: Apr 09, 2017 10:27:17 am
      What a guy - I love him :lmao:

His reactions when Firmino scored was mental, he totally loses it

Enjoy every second he is with us because when he isn't, we'll look back for sure
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #12399: Apr 09, 2017 10:28:38 am
      What a guy - I love him :lmao:

His reactions when Firmino scored was mental, he totally loses it

Enjoy every second he is with us because when he isn't, we'll look back for sure

His passion is infectious
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #12400: Apr 09, 2017 10:52:14 am
      I hope Jürgen you've got at least, lined up for next season
      2 new CBs
      LB
      GK
      CM
      CF
      Winger who can beat a man ,cross competently and consistently , score a few goals.
      About £ 180'000'000 should just about do it .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12401: Apr 09, 2017 11:27:42 am
      I'll give you a clear answer dikhead.

He's played no football in 2 months he only resumed training a week ago. Now if you have ever played the game you would now it takes 2 weeks of non activity to lose your fitness let alone the 6 he was sat on his arse.

With the f**king woeful injury record he has had with almost every limb and muscle breaking down he needs to be eased into regaining match fitness you don't just throw a player with that bill of health into an intense content.

Had he started and pulled a hammy after 20 minutes you would be on here accusing Klopp of not managing Sturridge and his injury record appropriately.
      What a load of rubbish. One week is long enough to get fit for a football match, it's not the London marathon you know? You are acting is like he forgot how to play football. I knew it would be bollocks as soon as I heard un intelligent insults like dickhead.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #12402: Apr 09, 2017 11:31:55 am
      Klopp again showing why he is a world class coach while us daft cu*ts on the keyboards are going on about why isn't he playing "insert your fav player".

He knew the likes of Bobby, Couts and Sturridge were not fit enough to start, changes it around at half time as he always planned and thank you very much.
      Please don't take this the wrong way, But WTF are you on?...Yes they were not fit to start I agree, and had we have had the penalty we truly deserve and went in 1-0 up you would not have seen both Bobby and Cuo' come out at the beginning of the second half... i.e The changes were not planed... You may, if anything; had seen Sturridge for Woodburn at some stage or some sort of defensive tweak (Moreno for TAA, switching Clyne back to the right,Moreno on the left,or Lucas on for TAA, Clyne right, Milner left, Lucas in front of the back three) something like that... Klopp was forced into the half time substitutions  he knew that we needed to get back into the game, and fast...

The starting line up was a gamble at best,but should he abandon this formation?.. No... Does it need working on?.. Yes  Remember when Chelsea when to a back three it took a while before it came good and the addition of a player or two... It would need to be used when we are at full strength to judge how effective it is and against Stoke once again... 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3964 
      Reply #12403: Apr 09, 2017 11:35:54 am
      I'll give you a clear answer dikhead.

He's played no football in 2 months he only resumed training a week ago. Now if you have ever played the game you would now it takes 2 weeks of non activity to lose your fitness let alone the 6 he was sat on his arse.

With the f**king woeful injury record he has had with almost every limb and muscle breaking down he needs to be eased into regaining match fitness you don't just throw a player with that bill of health into an intense content.

Had he started and pulled a hammy after 20 minutes you would be on here accusing Klopp of not managing Sturridge and his injury record appropriately.

While nobhead is talking sh*te again it is worth discussing the amazing run Ben Woodburn took off on from near the half-way line, he shook two markers off, danced around another and was brought down with a very dubious tackle which on another day would have been a pen.
      All nobhead has got is some F***ing drivel about Sturridge when the display of genius from the 17 year old lad is conveniently ignored; ignored for good reason because the lad's potential is beyond mouth-watering.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12404: Apr 09, 2017 11:54:55 am
      He seems to have taken some stick from some shitty journalist called David Maddock.

“Coutinho and Firmino spared their manager's blushes as they sprang off the bench to inspire a Liverpool revival.

“Incredibly, Klopp had left both Brazilian stars out of his starting line up, as he went with a dour defensive formation to try and curb Stoke's physical approach.

“But the plan back-fired badly as the visiting side looked uncomfortable with the new system, and youngsters Ben Woodburn and Trent Alexander-Arnold appeared to be shell-shocked by their inclusion.

On Klopp's much debated team selection, Maddock added: “If Klopp was able to bring both Firmino and Coutinho on at half time then it is inexplicable both couldn't start.

“It simply doesn't wash. This was just a gamble from the Liverpool manager, and no matter which way you look at it, it failed spectacularly.

The logic in those comments are so flawed it borders on ridiculous. So being able to play 45 mins now means that person is fit to play a full 90 :D. So what if a player starts, they get tired and come off after an hour? This pr**k obviouly doesn't realise that Coutinho hasn't been well and that players need to be rested from time to time.

I'm also not sure how he can say the gamble failed spectacularly when we won the F***ing game! :D

Apologies for posting something from such a fu**ed up journalist but thought his comments were too ridiculous not to share.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #12405: Apr 09, 2017 12:00:56 pm
      While nobhead is talking sh*te again it is worth discussing the amazing run Ben Woodburn took off on from near the half-way line, he shook two markers off, danced around another and was brought down with a very dubious tackle which on another day would have been a pen.
      All nobhead has got is some f**king drivel about Sturridge when the display of genius from the 17 year old lad is conveniently ignored; ignored for good reason because the lad's potential is beyond mouth-watering.
      Now while you and me usually agree on most things Stuey. I can't call that run by Woodburn anything other than a bit of a mish mash.
      I was impressed with the way he pressed the Stoke player to win the ball but he then got it stuck under his feet before falling over. He wasn't helped by Origi jogging up on the left instead of busting a gut to be played in on goal.

No signs of genius yet but there is something in there.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12406: Apr 09, 2017 12:06:18 pm
      He seems to have taken some stick from some shitty journalist called David Maddock.

“Coutinho and Firmino spared their manager's blushes as they sprang off the bench to inspire a Liverpool revival.

“Incredibly, Klopp had left both Brazilian stars out of his starting line up, as he went with a dour defensive formation to try and curb Stoke's physical approach.

“But the plan back-fired badly as the visiting side looked uncomfortable with the new system, and youngsters Ben Woodburn and Trent Alexander-Arnold appeared to be shell-shocked by their inclusion.

On Klopp's much debated team selection, Maddock added: “If Klopp was able to bring both Firmino and Coutinho on at half time then it is inexplicable both couldn't start.

“It simply doesn't wash. This was just a gamble from the Liverpool manager, and no matter which way you look at it, it failed spectacularly.

The logic in those comments are so flawed it borders on ridiculous. So being able to play 45 mins now means that person is fit to play a full 90 :D. So what if a player starts, they get tired and come off after an hour? This pr**k obviouly doesn't realise that Coutinho hasn't been well and that players need to be rested from time to time.

I'm also not sure how he can say the gamble failed spectacularly when we won the F***ing game! :D

Apologies for posting something from such a fu**ed up journalist but thought his comments were too ridiculous not to share.

Robbie  Fowler echoes Maddock's sentiments as well,  in  the Sunday Mirror.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #12407: Apr 09, 2017 12:06:48 pm
      Please don't take this the wrong way, But WTF are you on?...Yes they were not fit to start I agree, and had we have had the penalty we truly deserve and went in 1-0 up you would not have seen both Bobby and Cuo' come out at the beginning of the second half... i.e The changes were not planed... You may, if anything; had seen Sturridge for Woodburn at some stage or some sort of defensive tweak (Moreno for TAA, switching Clyne back to the right,Moreno on the left,or Lucas on for TAA, Clyne right, Milner left, Lucas in front of the back three) something like that... Klopp was forced into the half time substitutions  he knew that we needed to get back into the game, and fast...

The starting line up was a gamble at best,but should he abandon this formation?.. No... Does it need working on?.. Yes  Remember when Chelsea when to a back three it took a while before it came good and the addition of a player or two... It would need to be used when we are at full strength to judge how effective it is and against Stoke once again...

Agree with your first paragraph, not the second.

While it was understandable that the lads looked as though they'd never even heard of playing 3-5-2, never mind actually playing it, that first half showing, showed how even a team like Stoke can overrun you in midfield. The five in midfield is like a numerical mirage.

Both TAA (especially) and Clyne were being doubled up on down the flanks. Straight away having those wingbacks there in isolation meant our flanks were getting raided, see their goal. Klavan comes, albeit uselessly across but old mate's already in the danger area to cross.

This meant, either Gini or Milner had to support the wide areas leaving two in the middle to Stoke's two central midfielders, their second striker was dropping deeper and adding to their numbers in the middle. Woodburn helped us here but we struggled to win the 'battle' to play - okay, I'll say again teething would have been a big issue here and personnel an issue.

However, when you have 3 at the back, 2 wing backs, you actually lose a player in midfield. You lose a number - a body to pass to. Your passing angles and options become limited because your extra man is now in defence and that was one of the reasons we were probably knocking it long to Origi in the first half. Well, that and the fact he will try and play off the shoulder.

Second half was better but to me it looked as though the system had tweaked more from a more rigid looking 3-5-2, to a 3-4-3 and the 2 of the attacking trio (Bobby and Phil) dropped deeper at times in midfield which gave us more bodies, more options, more angles to pass our way round Stoke and boss it - which we did.

I've never been a big fan of 3 at the back, it's a personal thing and it just doesn't sit/look right to me when we play it. We look more vulnerable in defence and in the wider areas, and between the lines of CB's.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2017 12:11:02 pm by Beerbelly »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12408: Apr 09, 2017 12:36:15 pm
      What a load of rubbish. One week is long enough to get fit for a football match, it's not the London marathon you know? You are acting is like he forgot how to play football. I knew it would be bollocks as soon as I heard un intelligent insults like dickhead.
      Haha you have just proved you're a clueless idiot who's never played the game.

1 week !!! Hahah seriously
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12409: Apr 09, 2017 01:05:23 pm
      Even if they did manage that they have to play each other on the 4th game so realistically it's in our hands against those two. Honestly think if we win 4 of the 6 remaining we 'should' have enough. 75 points should get you top 4, there's only so many of them to go around! :D

I wonder what people would take now given our fixture list:

WBA (a) - Mid table team with Europa League places out of sight.

Palace (h) - Bogey team who are in the relegation fight but most likely to survive.

Watford (a) - Mid table with not too much to play for, still need the '40' points but they wont get dragged that low.

Southampton (h) - Mid table, 40 on the board, not too much to play for. Although we've had struggles against these in the past, thankfully we've bought all the players we struggle with I think... who knows, no doubt our army of scouts will be in attendance here.

West Ham (a) - Still have survival to play for but realistically they're mid table nowt to play for too, especially at this stage in the season.

Middlesbrough (h) - Suspect they'll be mathematically relegated by the time we play them, pride and a transfer somewhere else to play for probably meaning a game we'll make look harder than it is.

Personally if someone offered me 4 wins and a draw I'd be reluctant to take it, I think we can do better but I also think that would be enough. Bookies currently have us around 1/3 - considering we've just drawn with Bournemouth since we were still being quoted at 1/3 I think they're still on the low side but I'm moving that way. We have to be strong favourites and in reality only 1 of Arsenal / United are likely to mount a strong challenge, my bet would be United.

I think we'll do it but not by more than a game in hand.

WBA (a) - Horrible team for us, Draw or loss

Palace (h) - Win as they won't have Sakho plus they are fairly sh*te

Watford (a) - Win, again they are fairly poor plus have sod all to play for

Southampton (h) - We owe these fuckers, think the lads will be pumped up for this, plus we should have most of the team back by this point.

West Ham (a) - Could be tricky if they are still in a relegation battle but they are fairly rubbish, I'll say a draw but hope for a win.

Middlesbrough (h) - They will already be relegated, nothing to play for whilst IF we need to win this then we will.

In summary I really think we should be ok for at least 4th place unless Arsenal or Manure win all their remaining games which I just don't think either one of them will do.
      rossyred

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Reply #12410: Apr 09, 2017 01:11:29 pm

3 CB only works with good wing backs either can go past people or deliver good crosses to which we have neither
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12411: Apr 09, 2017 02:11:00 pm
      In summary I really think we should be ok for at least 4th place unless Arsenal or Manure win all their remaining games which I just don't think either one of them will do.

Must admit this is one of the main reasons I see us as very strong favourites mate. Ignoring the fact that they play each other I just can't see them going on a strong enough run to take it out of our hands. Arsenal have totally collapsed, yes they do tend to finish strong and nick 4th spot often but this year looks even worse and with everyone on Wenger's back they look destined to fail.

United just don't look a good side capable of winning any way other than ugly. Sure they'll win a few but I think the smaller sides will take points off them and the bigger sides will either get an ugly draw or simply outclass them. Right now I've got my eyes as much on trying to catch City as I have of staying ahead of those 2. Avoiding the pre-group stages would not only dodge a potential banana skin but just be so much better for our preparation. City are for sure a tougher proposition to catch but it's doable and with that confidence booster yesterday I think we have a fine chance.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12412: Apr 09, 2017 03:13:16 pm
      Got some good news on this one.

Arsenal V Manchester United

It is impossible for Arsenal and Manchester united to both win all their games.
      This means we win all our games it is still mathematically impossible to finish lower than 4th.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3964 
      Reply #12413: Apr 09, 2017 03:13:48 pm
      Now while you and me usually agree on most things Stuey. I can't call that run by Woodburn anything other than a bit of a mish mash.
      I was impressed with the way he pressed the Stoke player to win the ball but he then got it stuck under his feet before falling over. He wasn't helped by Origi jogging up on the left instead of busting a gut to be played in on goal.

No signs of genius yet but there is something in there.

Jaundiced aspect of a game we did actually win, he did fall over but it was a leg that caused him to fall, not his own leg of course before you make a predictable assertion.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12414: Apr 09, 2017 03:16:43 pm
      Jaundiced aspect of a game we did actually win, he did fall over but it was a leg that caused him to fall, not his own leg of course before you make a predictable assertion.
      I get the reason to be excited about players with potential, but people get carried away with it. Jorden Ibe showed the same promise a few years ago. He failed to develop after that, probably even got worse. What happens is players like Woodburn get too much pressure on them and they start to think they are the finished product. I think this is a bit of a rush for Woodburn. I think next season he should be in our league cup team.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2017 04:48:13 pm by Ribapuru »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3964 
      Reply #12415: Apr 09, 2017 03:21:19 pm
      I get the reason to be excited about players with potential, but people get carried away with it. Jorden Ibe showed the sae promise a few years ago. He failed to develop after that, probably even got worse. What happens is players like Woodburn get too much pressure on them and they believe to think they are the finished product. I think this is a bit of a rush for Woodburn. I think next season she should be in our league cup team.

Spot the obvious negativity, spelling mistakes, gender error and bullshit in general.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #12416: Apr 09, 2017 03:45:09 pm
      Branding people with different opinions WUM? Aren't you the one who trolls most my posts with aggresive outbursts? Fans are entitked to wonder why Sturridge was overloocked. Nobody has a clear answer.

No, you're just a tw*t. Along with your little sidekicks DanMann and Littleface. Truly, you are the King of the Trolls, with the other little munter trolls grovelling at your feet.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12417: Apr 09, 2017 04:09:17 pm
      Such is the drama that even my japs eye is weeping uncontrollably<

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12418: Apr 09, 2017 04:13:00 pm
      Spot the obvious negativity, spelling mistakes, gender error and bullshit in general.
      Couple of errors there but it's readable.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12419: Apr 09, 2017 04:13:56 pm
      Funny, I share the same opinion about you.

Quick Reply