Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1534787 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13800: Sep 20, 2017 08:34:46 am
      Simply put, I am starting to doubt Klopp's credentials

The reason is that 2 seasons later, our defence might be worse than it was under Rodgers' stint, and Klopp either can't fix it or doesn't think it's a problem.

Rodgers time here we conceded 43, 50 and 48.

Klopps first full season we conceded 42.

So we are not worse but haven't improved much.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #13801: Sep 20, 2017 08:48:31 am
      I would be suprised if the Boss starts with us next season,he looked really fed up in the dugout lastnight.

I really hope the fallout & sale of Sakho as our only reliable CB does not haunt us this season..as much as Iove the Ox we should have held fire & bought in reinforcements for our back 5.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #13802: Sep 20, 2017 08:52:59 am
      Quote from Ribapuru
      I forgot how many windows he has had, 5 or 6? Either way it is below par.
      Klopp should get some defenders in winter. If he doesn't, his job at Liverpool could be at risk, along with his good reputation if results don't go our way.

We bought three players in this window, how many d'you reckon we'll buy in January?

I wanted more transfer activity during the summer, not so much regarding defenders, but more in terms of numbers. We have about 20 extra games this year, and we need personnel to cope. We don't want to get to January, and play 9 games with an entire team of players in the treatment room. However, we're done transfer wise until next summer, and now we just have to get on with it and make the best of it.

As it is, the defending itself in general has improved, we don't give up many chances, trouble is the ones we do give up tend to end up in the net, hence the doomsday scenarios that follow. Maybe we don't win enough games for some people, but we lose very few, even against our main rivals.

We did not over achieve last year. We set out to finish in the top 4, and we finished in the top 4. That's not overachieving, that's meeting our targets. If you want us to win the league, we have to make up a 15 point gap from a few months ago, a tall order for any coach here. If you want us to make the European Cup as the owners do, we're one point off the pace with 99 points to play for.

He promised us a title in 4 years. We're not even two years in, and we're halfway there. In the meantime, we're now back in the European Cup, and his job is under no threat whatsoever.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #13803: Sep 20, 2017 08:55:01 am
      I would be suprised if the Boss starts with us next season,he looked really fed up in the dugout lastnight.

I really hope the fallout & sale of Sakho as our only reliable CB does not haunt us this season..as much as Iove the Ox we should have held fire & bought in reinforcements for our back 5.

Hopefully that means we some activity in the January window, a defensive mid and at least 1 CB as we should have done in the summer.

If he leaves we are fu**ed as a club but I don't think he will,, he is here for the long haul.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #13804: Sep 20, 2017 09:04:07 am
      Hopefully that means we some activity in the January window, a defensive mid and at least 1 CB as we should have done in the summer.

If he leaves we are fu**ed as a club but I don't think he will,, he is here for the long haul.

January may be too late to save our season on current form due to the unsettled back 5.

Klopp looked deflated lastnight.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #13805: Sep 20, 2017 09:15:11 am

Probably just as pissed off as us at the way we are conceding sh*te goals every game.

Probably (even though he is partly responsible) getting a bit pissed off that his multi million pound supposed professional standard footballers are having school boy brain farts every single game.

Still don't think he's gonna go though, in fact next season will hopefully see some of these pussies relegated to the bench or fu**ed off with the arrival of Keita and a few defenders.

I can actually see some whole sale changes to the defence happening over the next few windows. We're gonna see just how much he rates them defenders he stands by I think.

Could do with a lethal striker too because he must also be pissed off at the number of chances we miss.

Most games we should be out of sight by half time.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #13806: Sep 20, 2017 09:43:47 am
      Some encouraging commen

For me in fact it was a good sign. I know its all part of his personality but I really used to get piss off when he would stand there smiling when we conceded a soft goal. It's good that he is getting sick,fed up and angry now. I hope he makes some harsh decisions now and gives these players a right shake up. We can't afford to lose him but he needs to learn his lessons and do what is best for this club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #13807: Sep 20, 2017 09:50:57 am
      So Jürgen is officially sick of his players defending but doesn't think we need new defenders?????
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #13808: Sep 20, 2017 09:52:18 am
      Carra mentioned it way before transfer window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXeJCfIWpJk
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13809: Sep 20, 2017 10:02:25 am
      Some encouraging commen
      For me in fact it was a good sign. I know its all part of his personality but I really used to get piss off when he would stand there smiling when we conceded a soft goal. It's good that he is getting sick,fed up and angry now. I hope he makes some harsh decisions now and gives these players a right shake up. We can't afford to lose him but he needs to learn his lessons and do what is best for this club.

100% agree, I also like that he is now getting as angry and fed up as we all have been for a while, instead of coming out with bollocks trying to protect his inept players. There is still far to much deadwood in the team, get rid of Henderson, Klavan and Milner and we'll free up a lot of cash to spend on talented players. We need 2 top class CB's, a DM and a striker. Surely we can find enough money to get these in January or at least some stop gaps until the summer.
      Time to start getting tough Mr Klopp, hugs are only for winners and outstanding performances, they should be special and be earned. For everyone else it should be Mr BOSS, extra training and hairdryer treatment!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #13810: Sep 20, 2017 10:16:25 am
      Actions speak louder than words! some drastic actions needs to be taken to sort out this mess of a defence.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #13811: Sep 20, 2017 10:28:12 am
      central midfield is pretty poor too
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #13812: Sep 20, 2017 10:33:02 am
      So Jürgen is officially sick of his players defending but doesn't think we need new defenders?????
      This is my point, this is what baffles me more than anything. He's clearly not happy with the way we defend, yet not only did he not buy a CB, he left arguably our second best CB go.

We are also sick of our defending, but WE can't do a think about it!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #13813: Sep 20, 2017 11:16:42 am
      Got knocked out in the first round.

We are in the midst of a mini crisis, boss. Sort it out. Your body language (slouched and despondent) when we are down isn't inspiring as it looks so devoid of  ideas and resigned to fate. Subs can be tactical too and not just fitness related!!

There are murmurs of discontent (rightly)  and you may be starting to lose your grip on the support(obviously).

We need to go on a mini run now. YNWA!

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #13814: Sep 20, 2017 11:33:08 am

Just when you start believing that things could not be worst than they are already you see a game like this one….

Ok it could be argued that we (LFC) did not field a full squad, but the same can be said of Leicester City… Do you remember when we faced Arsenal in both FA and League cups and they fielded mainly reserves beating us 3-1 and 6-3 respectively…?

Well this was not that…We started a few players that should have insured a fairly comfortable victory (No disrespect to L.C)…Coutinho was starting, our talisman, The Ox was starting in a front three, the midfield was strong and a fairly solid back four….

So what when wrong…

For me at any rate this game was lost per-season…We kept hold of a player that we really should have sold (Coutinho) The player was clearly unhappy and wanted to depart and instead what does the club do…?? We refuse to sell him and try to force him to see out his contract… With the money we were being offered (£140-160 M) we should have taken that money and re-invested it on a player who wanted to play for the club… Instead we have a player who is unhappy and it shows in his performances or lack of…

The Ox… I said here on this very site that I could not see what he would bring to the club and that we had wasted £40 m on a player that would be a squad member…Boy! Was I wrong… He is not even that…I can not believe that we sent Ryan Kent out on loan and bought the Ox… The only things that he showed last night was his standard of play is third of forth tier at best, and that he was more concerned with his socks than he was with performing…I would be quite willing to pay Arsenal another £40m to take the Ox back…Shinji Okazaki  showed more than The Ox and I would sooner that LFC spent the money there even if he is 31

Right now Barca most be thinking “Boy we dodged a bullet there with Coutinho, we would have wasted £140 m +)… Chelsea would be thinking the same thing in regards to the Ox

There were many others who under performed, but for me these two really hurt us
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #13815: Sep 20, 2017 11:36:50 am
      It's bullshit or a f**king wind up, listen to the cockney tw*t at one point goes from saying 'we' to 'them'
      Just found it funny... Like the Manc tw*t who rang 999 to complain about Man Utd being useless
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #13816: Sep 20, 2017 11:39:58 am
      central midfield is pretty poor too

We could sure do with a Keita early arrival.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #13817: Sep 20, 2017 11:50:28 am
      Welcome to the premier league.  What works in Bundesliga may not apply here. Be flexible don't be stubborn.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #13818: Sep 20, 2017 11:59:15 am
      pretty scary that it feels the next week could break our season.how the hell has it come to this? worried about trips to leicester and newcastle.....

already feels like Mane red card could be a defining moment in the season...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #13819: Sep 20, 2017 12:09:04 pm
      pretty scary that it feels the next week could break our season.how the hell has it come to this? worried about trips to leicester and newcastle.....

already feels like Mane red card could be a defining moment in the season...

Ok easy on the knee jerks people!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #13820: Sep 20, 2017 12:13:46 pm
      I hope Ox improves massively for Klopps sake £40 million is a lot of money to throw down the drain.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #13821: Sep 20, 2017 12:19:28 pm

i want us to win the league. or at least compete for it. one defeat in the next two games, which at the moment looks likely, and a title challenge already looks gone.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #13822: Sep 20, 2017 12:22:25 pm
      i want us to win the league. or at least compete for it. one defeat in the next two games, which at the moment looks likely, and a title challenge already looks gone.

We're two seasons off competing for the league.

4th place again will be an achievement with the current squad.

Quick Reply