Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1538761 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,788 posts | 892 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14467: Oct 22, 2017 07:26:00 pm
      So.. how's that amazing record against the top 6 going?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #14468: Oct 22, 2017 07:27:18 pm
      The owners won't touch Rafa, John Henry explicitly blamed Rafa for the obscene wage bill, age/quality of the squad after they took over, so next suggestion please...

New owners.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14469: Oct 22, 2017 07:27:34 pm
      The owners won't touch Rafa, John Henry explicitly blamed Rafa for the obscene wage bill, age/quality of the squad after they took over, so next suggestion please...

Can we end the Rafa suggestions now please?

They had 3 chances to speak to Rafa since taking over, they haven't and won't now.

The Reds have endured a disappointing campaign with Kenny Dalglish being drafted in to replace Roy Hodgson earlier this term, and Henry feels their struggles are due to the state the club was left in by former boss Rafa Benitez, and Hicks and Gillett.

“The worst surprise was the lack of depth,” Henry told Four Four Two magazine. “Our biggest concern was this issue — and it was a bigger issue than we feared. There was a huge, multi-year payroll for a squad with very little quality in depth.”

http://nypost.com/2011/04/07/owner-john-w-henry-shocked-by-state-of-liverpool/
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,662 posts | 490 
      Reply #14470: Oct 22, 2017 07:29:59 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lMtLvRVFLo

Seems quite deflated here. Lets hope he gets it right from now on.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #14471: Oct 22, 2017 07:30:54 pm
      I will take a lot of abuse for say this, but I will back Klopp to turn this around. I'm not saying, he is fault free because he's not however I will back him.

He needs to change but he is the best option.

:couch: :couch:

I kind of agree with you. He definatley is responsible for our back 4 and GK. The lack of having a 2nd target at CB this past window is astoundingly short-sighted.  I still can't believe he spent 40m on Ox and he's not a starter. How is it possible that we couldn't find one or even two competent CBs for that 40m. To go into this season knowing where your deficiencies are , ITS OBVIOUS, thinking that we would somehow waive a magic wand and the current players would improve is extremely naive.

I didnt see the presser but i heard he called out Lovern. I mean a CB being subbed off in the 30th min ???  IF that dosen't wake him up nothing will. Honestly I think we are better with Milly in the back 4.

I'm willing to give him january window and see what happens. Just because what are the options???

Rafa? Don't see him coming back. Although he would definatley install a much tighter system, and I'd love for him to get a war chest and see what he'd do. Guarantee we wouldn't be giving away goals like this team now.

Let's be honest all this Run and Gun football maybe entertaining, but sometimes a 1-0 will do. Scoring goals can win you games, but defense wins championships. I always had the belief of sucess comes from building from the back. Now, we dont have the players and especially the keeper to play like that even if we wanted to.  Migs starting in net means you need two to win, maybe?

Who else would be in line for the job IF Klopp gets sacked. It's not a long list.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14472: Oct 22, 2017 07:32:37 pm

Some one gets it

Stay out of the brown and keep in the pink, you get nothing in this game for F***ing the stink.

And Bully's special prize...

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #14473: Oct 22, 2017 07:34:18 pm
      Have not previous managers encountered problems bringing in quality players?

Have not previous managers been unable to keep quality players because LFC is unwilling to match our rivals investment in top class players in depth, providing back up to compete with said rivals?

We had one proven striker out there today and the same rickety defence that has been our undoing for F**k knows how long.

'F**k knows how long' is a mite obscure, beside the ruinous bas**rds we had before FSG the present owners have not improved our fortunes to any great extent and their methods do not provoke optimism in any way whatsoever.
      It would not surprise if they filled Klopp with the same sh*t, as in ''there will be money for signings'',''we have learned from our mistakes'' blah blah F***ing blah.
      If Klopp walks we are in deep sh*t. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14474: Oct 22, 2017 07:34:34 pm

How do the current owners prevent the current management team from coaching their players to the required standard?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14475: Oct 22, 2017 07:35:26 pm

I'm not saying you're wrong, but let's just be clear here that it wasn't the owners who messed up the Van Dyke deal, it wasn't the owners who decided to stick with what we have, it wasn't the owners who said they were happy with our goalkeeping situation, and it wasn't the owners who decided against buying a new out-and-out Striker. Our problems go beyond the owners, they're systemic.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #14476: Oct 22, 2017 07:41:45 pm
      Look at Conte last season. Went to 3 at the back to see would it solve his problems.

Name 1 thing Jürgen has done to fix ours?

Sometimes a change fixes, sometimes it's better to be patient. It's not that easy. We need consistency at the club. Klopp needs to stay a couple of years - yes - a couple of years. Remember Sir f*cking Alex F.? Guess how he did in his first 4!!! years, guess what came afterwards.

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #14477: Oct 22, 2017 07:42:30 pm
      He doesn’t have game management

He sets the team the same home and away. He is like wenger in all sense

He fact half of our def tries to play offside and the other half doesn’t shows he doesn’t coach

We also play so high up it’s retarded

He also refuses to buy a dm to cover our full backs when the bomb forward

He plays a midfield player in strike

He’s had four windows to fix the problems including our keeper

He chose not to do it, it’s too late

Sack him, he can suddenly say tomorrow ok I will change it but nope it’s too late for him. What d he buys a cb who isn’t good enough and then refuses to change it ?

The guy has failed and the fact he felt the defence and no having no dm is good enough shows he isn’t up for it. He came from a league where 90 percent of teams are fodder and it shows

Bye klopp, thanks for trying
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14478: Oct 22, 2017 07:44:46 pm
      He doesn’t have game management

He sets the team the same home and away. He is like wenger in all sense

He fact half of our def tries to play offside and the other half doesn’t shows he doesn’t coach

We also play so high up it’s retarded

He also refuses to buy a dm to cover our full backs when the bomb forward

He plays a midfield player in strike

He’s had four windows to fix the problems including our keeper

He chose not to do it, it’s too late

Sack him, he can suddenly say tomorrow ok I will change it but nope it’s too late for him. What d he buys a cb who isn’t good enough and then refuses to change it ?

The guy has failed and the fact he felt the defence and no having no dm is good enough shows he isn’t up for it. He came from a league where 90 percent of teams are fodder and it shows

Bye klopp, thanks for trying

Who are you having as manager ?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #14479: Oct 22, 2017 07:45:42 pm
      I'm not saying you're wrong, but let's just be clear here that it wasn't the owners who messed up the Van Dyke deal, it wasn't the owners who decided to stick with what we have, it wasn't the owners who said they were happy with our goalkeeping situation, and it wasn't the owners who decided against buying a new out-and-out Striker. Our problems go beyond the owners, they're systemic.

Yeah I agree with all that but it was the owners who gave a 6 year contract worth almost 50mil to the guy that did all of the above so they should be held responsable for the outcome of that decision.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #14480: Oct 22, 2017 07:49:29 pm

There is a common factor to the perceived maladies you indicate, money or the lack of it.
      The F**k ups you mention all coincidentally ultimately saved a shitload of money and the necessity to put hands in pockets.

Who do you suppose would promote such a situation?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14481: Oct 22, 2017 07:51:30 pm
      If we really wanted VD hed be here! We weren't willing to pay £70 for a defender

I wouldn't.pay 70 quid for a defender either,  seriously why go to all that effort for. VvD if we weren't serious, another myth tha has been left to fester

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14482: Oct 22, 2017 08:09:17 pm
      There is a common factor to the perceived maladies you indicate, money or the lack of it.
      The f**k ups you mention all coincidentally ultimately saved a shitload of money and the necessity to put hands in pockets.

Who do you suppose would promote such a situation?

Traditionally you'd be correct but not last Summer, the money was available. We had the money to splash on Van Dyke. We hd the money to splash on a Goalkeeper and we had the money to splash on an out-and-out Striker, and all that before you take into account outgoings. The money was there. Like I said, our problems are not limited to the owners, they're systemic.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14483: Oct 22, 2017 08:09:19 pm

Nail in the coffin for Lovren that and in truth I think this game could easily be that moment where his patience and loyalty ran out with a few of them, it really is time.

Mignolet now has 13 mistakes leading to a goal since he joined, the most by any player in the same time, in fact 3 clear of anyone!

Henderson, many people were jumping on his back and it's true he wont be pushed out of the side quickly but today, when heads were dropping when things are going against you then you need that captain's voice to pick you up and charge you back into battle renewed.

Milner, as much as I thought he deserved to start, watching him desperately trying to recover against Son was a sorry sight, he's good for 20 minute cameos now and then, but for £100k a week or whatever we can do so much better. Reliable old stick that he is, he's just not good enough and age/the slowing with time has caught up with him, Son looked like Ronaldinho galloping away with such delight.

Lovren, many of us knew it years ago. The "future captain" talk became a good bit of fun but it always revolved around his massive propensity for not only committing mistakes but then compounding them afterwards. I saw Diego say in the match thread that he has the confidence of a 6 year old girl once that first mistake is committed and I really think that doesn't accurately describe it as it doesn't go far enough. He's like a beaten dog that is just so afraid of the ball that he cowers away from it, like the hand that beats him is how I'd describe it.

Too much faith not being repaid, too much loyalty and perhaps an overestimation of what 'potential' is there, or an overestimation of his own talents (some would call this arrogance) in trying to get them to the next level. Time to accept a few harsh truths with some of these players and cast them aside before they do irreparable damage to both us and yourself.

We can turn it around, it's not as if we haven't just set a positive record in the Champions League, but we're setting too many records when it comes to personal mistakes and no matter if you're Jürgen Klopp, Bob Paisley, Kenny Dalglish, anyone, you can't coach that out of players, it's in their nature and is a very fibre of their being.

He'll get it right.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #14484: Oct 22, 2017 08:15:54 pm
      Traditionally you'd be correct but not last Summer, the money was available. We had the money to splash on Van Dyke. We hd the money to splash on a Goalkeeper and we had the money to splash on an out-and-out Striker, and all that before you take into account outgoings. The money was there. Like I said, our problems are not limited to the owners, they're systemic.

Did we have the money though ??
      How can we truly know that there was a 200mil war chest ?? All we have as proof are melissa rady or whatever her name is and the rest of the club ass kissers spouting about this war chest and Klopp saying that he is happy with the transfer window.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14485: Oct 22, 2017 08:17:12 pm
      Give klopp one more year but please get rid of loven Henderson can and couple more sell them F**k sh*t and mig
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #14486: Oct 22, 2017 08:24:23 pm
      Rodgers got sacked because of poor results and the availability of a manager the owners coveted.

Is there a manager available to walk straight in?

Not so sure were worse, but agree about defence, Matip, Karius, Klavan, Robertson certainly hasn't made us better defensively.

Again, Champions League football is an improvement from last season.. Baby steps an all that.

We need a few seasons of Champions League football to restore our pulling power to compete with Chelsea, City, United and really build a squad to compete on all fronts.

Today was embarrassing but now its time for Klopp to be allowed to address it and see how his team responds..

Klop time to address it ?

Mate, this is the same issue 4 windows ago which he has not addressed one bit
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #14487: Oct 22, 2017 08:27:50 pm

We were informed the money was there (again).
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #14488: Oct 22, 2017 08:31:24 pm

I totally doubt it. Too set in his ways.... If 4 transfer windows and a consistently leaking defense did not change it what will?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #14489: Oct 22, 2017 08:32:14 pm
      Klop time to address it ?

Mate, this is the same issue 4 windows ago which he has not addressed one bit

Different manager, same owners, same issues.

Quick Reply