Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1539083 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14582: Oct 23, 2017 05:26:11 pm
      Please remind me how the owners are taking money out of the club,
      Did I say that? Have I ever said that? Quit telling lies and above all, quit being a F***ing dick. 😄

Their initial investment has grown massively (without any further investment risk). They saw a cash cow and bought it for beans. How the F**k do you not understand that?

They don't care about the F***ing FOOTBALL team. They don't care if we win lose or draw; as long as we tick over. They do care about making money. They have watched their £250m investment grow to over £1bn WITHOUT the need to produce a winning team [and the cost that would entail]. It's really very simple.

Now kindly F**k off back up JW's hole and quit pretending LFC matters to you. 😂😂😂
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2017 10:18:27 am by bad boy bubby »
      +11
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #14583: Oct 23, 2017 05:32:04 pm
      but Solanke and Ings could easily see themselves fighting things out soon enough:

Picked this out to say (off topic I know) from what I've seen of the U23s, you are unlikely to see Danny Ings in the first team again. Sad story I know with the injuries. I love his attitude, how could you not, but the quality just isn't there anymore. He runs and runs and runs basically to keep his head above water, but when it comes to delivering as a forward (shooting or passing) it just isn't there. As I say, it is unfortunate for him, but it's there to see.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #14584: Oct 23, 2017 05:35:14 pm
      Most of the starters are Rodger's players.. are we surprised that we are getting the same type of performances ? The same good going forward and shipping 50-60 goals/season story:

Mingelot/Gomez/donkey Lovren/Moreno/Can/Henderson/Coutinho/Firmino/Lallana all bought by Rodgers with only 3 players Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum as Klopp's buys;

I find it amazing that after more than 2 years Klopp has only 3 starters as his buys and can't seem to find an explanation.. does he think he can make them world class? Is he restricted by FSG in the transfer market ? wtf is going on >:(
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #14585: Oct 23, 2017 05:51:24 pm
      Sadly most of us are more concerned about the football team, (than wealthy businessmen getting richer off LFC's name) otherwise... you'd have a really, really, good point. 👍

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, it's difficult for us on the outside of the club to know exactly what's going on and the worry will always be that the owners are using their club further their own interests. I do think a lot of what they've put in to the club - expanding the stadium, club shops, academy etc - will benefit the club after they've moved on. We'll still be reaping the benefits of that investment long after they've left the club. I'm sure that there will be some benefits to them - they are businessmen after all - but I do think that, when compared to other clubs with foreign owners, our owners are better than most. I'm thinking of the other English clubs with foreign owners and - City and Chelsea aside - I'm struggling to think of any owners I would prefer us to have
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #14586: Oct 23, 2017 05:55:34 pm
      Spurs are behind us, at least in terms of both wages and transfer spend, yet in all but one year since FSG took over, they've finished above us, proving that the lack of money when viewed in isolation is not the problem. Spurs might operate on a lower budget to us but they are a lot better at identifying who they need and getting them in through the door. Where we fu**ed around over Deli Ali, they walked in and slapped the money on the table. When we had an agreement with Van Dyke to join the club, we spent our time breifing the press how he'd chosen us over City and Chelsea rather than putting an offer in.

Of course having more money is going to be helpful but without a recruitment team capable of getting the business done, what does that money count for? We could be the world's richest team and it counts for nought if we can't close deals. Then there's a manager who still thinks we have quality in the side and that coaching is the solution to all our problems. To quote his press conference, “You don't have to talk about quality, if they didn't have quality, they would not be involved in the squad of Liverpool, 100%. We talk about this from the first match day, the only way to fix it is to stay strong and work on it.". Without a manager who is ruthless enough to cut dead wood from the team and be a little less arrogant about his ability to polish turds into diamonds, having rich owners with a recruitment team capable of closing deals is worth very little because you won't get every deal right, not every recruited player is going to be a succes and you cannot keep players in who persistantly fail because of a misguided confidence in your own abilities.

This is why I've said the problems we have are systemic. No one area in isolation can improve our fortunes. Having that revenue increase, the new stand and a state of the art training facilty doesn't guarantee you success without all the other parts of the puzzle being addressed. This club needs a major restructuring and a lot of dead wood, both on and off the pitch, needs to be cleared out.

I fully agree with all of that. I wasn't presenting the financial side of the club as being the sole solution to all our problems. I do think that it will, eventually, give us a solid platform to compete against other clubs. But you are absolutely right that there are other issues which also need addressing.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #14587: Oct 23, 2017 05:55:45 pm
      I can't get my head around the ox signing.

Why sign a bloke who's contract runs out in 12 months time, for 40m when we have several players in that position of similar standard.

We couldn't just wait 12 months to get him on a free and we desperately paid a fortune on him, yet he can't get a game? He has started just once - in the league cup!

Our other signing, Robertson, can't get in ahead of Moreno who last season we had a right midfielder in his place?

Moreno has done better this season to be fair to him but he's not a long term solution is he? Robertson could be though? And Robertson has always looked very good in the few appearances he has made for us.

It doesn't make sense. Why sign two players and then persist with Rodgers signings? Did klopp actually sign the ox and Robertson or did the club?

If klopp did sign them then bloody play them! And if he didn't stop praising and talking about them to the media and make it clear to the fans that they are club signings and not your own.

Only 2 players out of the 11 yesterday were klopps. Unbelievable.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14588: Oct 23, 2017 05:57:02 pm
      Picked this out to say (off topic I know) from what I've seen of the U23s, you are unlikely to see Danny Ings in the first team again. Sad story I know with the injuries. I love his attitude, how could you not, but the quality just isn't there anymore. He runs and runs and runs basically to keep his head above water, but when it comes to delivering as a forward (shooting or passing) it just isn't there. As I say, it is unfortunate for him, but it's there to see.

Cheers Robby, I don't really catch any of the youth footy so appreciate the update.

Sad to hear though as I think, like you say, Ings has such a fantastic attitude that I'm gutted for him if that's the case.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14589: Oct 23, 2017 06:32:16 pm
      First off the Lovren stuff was a bit poor. Threw him under the bus a bit there IMO but there we go. I'm hopeful that him doing so is a signal that his eyes have opened up to what has long been obvious for so many of us layman.

It's Klopp who has to look at himself if the talk about him wanting VVD or bust is true. Compounded by selling Sakho at the last minute.

We've been short at the back ever since the Sakho fallings out and he's not done anything except sign Klavan for a packet of dry roasted. If you F**k Sakho off then cool but have a F***ing plan (A B C and D) in the pipeline.

It borders on neglect what has happened to our defensive line over the years and total arrogance all around to think we could bridge a spending gap through merely coaching this mob the art of defending.

The whole club need to wise up and so to does some of our fan base. We are poor to middling and largely irrelevant in the modern game. This as a result of years of underspending and skrimping in every area of the pitch.

At the moment i'm not sure if Fenway have fooled Klopp into thinking he can win with bare bones or if Klopps ideas have shaped the way our windows have gone.

Either way, if it continues then his reign here will go down as a damp squib and some other mug will come in with more big talk of making the club great again. Heard it so many times and every time we finish with no silverware and a scrap for the top 4.

Can only fall for that so often i'm afraid. Tgese days we're pretty poor and in no way great at anything.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14590: Oct 23, 2017 06:34:37 pm
      Out of the top five European leagues, we've conceded the most goals (or joint top)

Where did you get that from? We haven't even conceded the most goals in the Premier League, let alone in all top five leagues.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #14591: Oct 23, 2017 06:37:05 pm
      Where did you get that from? We haven't even conceded the most goals in the Premier League, let alone in all top five leagues.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Maybe he means the CL teams?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14592: Oct 23, 2017 06:42:13 pm
      Sky Sports

15 goals, joint with Eibar

Or something. I might have heard wrong or missed some detail
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14593: Oct 23, 2017 06:51:08 pm
      Sky Sports

Yeah mate that's not right, in the PL alone you have Watford, West Ham, Stoke, Everton and Crystal Palace with more goals conceded than us.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14594: Oct 23, 2017 06:51:58 pm
      What about sell mig loven can couple more stop these sh*t playing bobby up front Christ he can't score he not forward simple really boss bring in better players if not be same sh*t next season you won't make here as Liverpool manger
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14595: Oct 23, 2017 06:53:25 pm
      I know if us any fans manger tommory first thing be get rid of mig loven can even Henderson all sh*t
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #14596: Oct 23, 2017 07:05:20 pm
      Sky Sports

Think we've conceded the most away goals in the top five leagues.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14597: Oct 23, 2017 07:06:13 pm
      Most of the starters are Rodger's players.. are we surprised that we are getting the same type of performances ? The same good going forward and shipping 50-60 goals/season story:

Mingelot/Gomez/donkey Lovren/Moreno/Can/Henderson/Coutinho/Firmino/Lallana all bought by Rodgers with only 3 players Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum as Klopp's buys;

I find it amazing that after more than 2 years Klopp has only 3 starters as his buys and can't seem to find an explanation.. does he think he can make them world class? Is he restricted by FSG in the transfer market ? wtf is going on >:(

And Klopp had no opportunity to change that?. Dont be soft
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14598: Oct 23, 2017 07:17:38 pm
      I think that was it Chats
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #14599: Oct 23, 2017 07:46:58 pm

I’m sorry but that stat is disgusting.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14600: Oct 23, 2017 07:50:34 pm

Ah that makes sense. Haven't checked but it wouldn't surprise me.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14601: Oct 23, 2017 07:50:58 pm
      For those who want Klopp out, be careful what you wish for:

Jim White‏Verified account
      @JimWhite
      Follow Follow @JimWhite
      More
      Could Sam Allardyce hold the key to either @Everton's or @LFC's problems? Before you hurl abuse, tune in to hear me out at 10 @talkSPORT.

:lmao:

And no, I don't follow that sh*t site, it was re-tweeted by Anfield HQ.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #14602: Oct 23, 2017 07:51:46 pm
      Did I say that? Have I ever said? Quit telling lies and above all, quit being a F***ing dick. 😄

They're initial investment has grown massively (without any further investment risk). They saw a cash cow and bought it for beans. How the F**k do you not understand that?

They don't care about the F***ing FOOTBALL team. They don't care if we win lose or draw; as long as we tick over. They do care about making money. They have watched their £250m investment grow to over £1bn WITHOUT the need to produce a winning team [and the cost that would entail]. It's really very simple.

Now kindly F**k off back up JW's hole and quit pretending LFC matters to you. 😂😂😂

The last resort buddy, when the frauds have been discovered the only resort is make up sh*t about their critics.

The poster you reply to has been on ignore for almost as long as I have been on this forum.
      A certain poster I also have on ignore made exactly the same fairy tale up in a reply to another poster some time ago, fully expecting me to respond.
      Tool that he is.

You cannot defend the indefensible with the only option being to obfuscate and make unfounded statements to undermine an adversary.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 08:12:44 pm by stuey »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14603: Oct 23, 2017 07:51:50 pm
      Sky Sports

And Elbars 15 were 6 v Barce 3 v Real 3 Sevilla and 3 v Villareal
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14604: Oct 23, 2017 07:54:26 pm
      For those who want Klopp out, be careful what you wish for:

Jim White‏Verified account
      @JimWhite
      Follow Follow @JimWhite
      More
      Could Sam Allardyce hold the key to either @Everton's or @LFC's problems? Before you hurl abuse, tune in to hear me out at 10 @talkSPORT.

:lmao:

And no, I don't follow that sh*t site, it was re-tweeted by Anfield HQ.

Hahaha that would be akin to replacing Benitez with Hogdson. I don't think we would be that stupid (again).

I also don't see Klopp under any imminent risk of losing his job tbh. Nor do I think he should.

Quick Reply