Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1535011 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16836: Mar 07, 2018 10:51:51 am
      All I see is two men sharing a joke, not a vindication of one man non jealously of another

Stop making up sh*t.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16837: Mar 07, 2018 11:31:10 am
      All I see is two men sharing a joke, not a vindication of one man non jealously of another

You ever see Rafa and Fergie sharing a joke? I've no doubt Rafa would love to return here some day, a lot of fans would too. It's very unlikely that it will ever happen though.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16838: Mar 07, 2018 12:13:55 pm
      Look I am willing to draw a line under it... But to present a picture of to people have laugh together as there being no jealously between them is a stretch at best... Some here are claiming that there is no jealousy or envy... I am am say there is, and how am i backing it up, by pointing out that you do not publicly make remarks about having to win Trophies unless you are Jealous or envious...

Do you not thing that Klopp is intelligent enough to know that he has won nothing yet with Liverpool FC and that is how he will be judged..?

Again I ask, as any other former Liverpool manager said that directly about another...?

"Stop making up sh*t." as you put it.... But is that not RED has done, or should I say presented a picture and given his interruption of what is occurring in that picture..

All I have done in this case is to point out what I can see...

Two people sharing something which as amused them both
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16839: Mar 07, 2018 12:16:45 pm
      You ever see Rafa and Fergie sharing a joke? I've no doubt Rafa would love to return here some day, a lot of fans would too. It's very unlikely that it will ever happen though.
      RED... Come on.... Did Rafa and Fergie manage the same club...??
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16840: Mar 07, 2018 12:26:44 pm
      Look RED,
      Sorry about the "GiF"... It was uncalled for, and normally I would not have added one. I try not to go out of my way and insult other LFC supporters even if they chose to insult me (Not saying you did, or ever have) I thought it would be funny, and I struggled to add it as I have never really added on before (Added a picture but discovered how to do that by accident. Still learn how to do various things on this site...) Just looked back on it and thought it could be a bit insensitive...

Not just saying this but I do respect you and your post, although I do not always agree with them. That is the nature of opinion base forums...

So once again I am Sorry
      Kopite78
      Reply #16841: Mar 07, 2018 12:33:12 pm
      Look I am willing to draw a line under it... But to present a picture of to people have laugh together as there being no jealously between them is a stretch at best... Some here are claiming that there is no jealousy or envy... I am am say there is, and how am i backing it up, by pointing out that you do not publicly make remarks about having to win Trophies unless you are Jealous or envious...

Do you not thing that Klopp is intelligent enough to know that he has won nothing yet with Liverpool FC and that is how he will be judged..?

Again I ask, as any other former Liverpool manager said that directly about another...?

"Stop making up sh*t." as you put it.... But is that not RED has done, or should I say presented a picture and given his interruption of what is occurring in that picture..

All I have done in this case is to point out what I can see...

Two people sharing something which as amused them both

Envy and jealousy are two different things

I doubt Rafa is jealous whatsoever.
      He was asked a question by a reporter on if Klopp needs to win trophies at the club. He answered it pretty much the only way he could.
      If anything the reporter was trouble making and only simpletons would fall for it or read more into it

Edit
      If you look at the written transcript on the interview the quote comes from Rafa is asked directly that.. He answers.
      The reporter then goes on to ask is the same not for you at Newcastle? Rafa says staying up with what we have is like winning a trophy but yes ultimately the same

Stop digging and looking for what's not there
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018 12:38:12 pm by Kopite78 »
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #16842: Mar 07, 2018 12:35:35 pm
      Rafa is not in it for popularity. He's a 100% professional manager. When he was here, someone asked him why he doesn't celebrate when we score....he said " I am not a fan, my job is to manage and stay focused on that".

Suppose he can come across as being a bit detached. Steve Gerrard said " Rafa sometimes called others by their first names but always referred to him as...Gerrard"

Carra said " Never had a conversation with Rafa that wasn't about football"

Think Rafa is essentially a very nice person but decided early on to adopt the slightly aloof persona. In order for him, in a way to shield his real personality from the harsh reality of football.

Klopp wears his heart on his sleeve. Probably less tactical than Rafa but can take teams to the top thru sheer force of his personality and will.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #16843: Mar 07, 2018 12:52:43 pm
      Klopp wears his heart on his sleeve. Probably less tactical than Rafa but can take teams to the top thru sheer force of his personality and will.

See I disagree with that bit Harrisimo.

We see a lot of narrative about this on here and it frustrates me. Playing open, attacking football is not LESS tactical.

In the same way setting up to stifle / stop isn’t more so.....they’re just differing styles / philosophies.

There’s a tendency to get sucked into the idea that a tactical genius is only someone who sets up a defensive or at best functional team.

It’s total bollocks. Actually setting up to overload on one side might win you a game 4-3 that you might have lost 0-1 in a different formation.

If (when) we succeed under Klopp it will partly because of his and the coaching team’s tactical wherewithal and not in spite of........

Same goes in reverse with personality. We won’t win because Jürgen is engaging....

The convenient narrative that some espouse is seductive - key (for me) is not to fall into it.
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018 01:06:14 pm by Scotia »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #16844: Mar 07, 2018 01:05:22 pm

We see a lot of narrative about this on here and it frustrates me. Playing open, attacking football is not LESS tactical.

In the same way setting up to stifle / stop isn’t more so.....they’re just differing styles / philosophies.

We all get sucked into the idea that a tactical genius is only someone who sets up a defensive or at best functional team.

It’s total bollocks. Actually setting up to overload on one side might win you a game 4-3 that you might have lost in a different formation.

If (when) we succeed under Klopp it will partly because of his and the coaching team’s tactical wherewithal and not in spite of........

Same goes in reverse with personality. We won’t win because Jürgen is engaging....

The convenient narrative that some espouse is seductive - key (for me) is not to fall into it.

Was about to post a similar thing... Klopp is fantastic with tactics, how else would he be flying high in the league and champions league.

Beautiful attacking football doesn’t just happen off the back of hugs, smiles and jokes.

This guy is super meticulous, love him!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5014 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16845: Mar 07, 2018 01:09:40 pm
      Can we all just put a stop to this now its getting really f***in boring, simple facht is the un-real Donovan reid  fella is seeing something isnt there and making himself look a 'clown'
      Thats up to him, the majority know what is what and that is Rafa & Jürgen are top blokes, top managers and we or most love em both, and there is no jealousy on either part,
      I'm done with this now, please mods put a cap in this topic, its done !!

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #16846: Mar 07, 2018 01:18:07 pm

We all get sucked into the idea that a tactical genius is only someone who sets up a defensive or at best functional team.

It’s total bollocks. Actually setting up to overload on one side might win you a game 4-3 that you might have lost in a different formation.

Good post. But for my part I didn't say Klopp wasn't tactical. Just less so than Rafa.And that in itself does not mean Klopp is less knowledgable or less tactically astute. Some managers don't overload the team with plans, tactics etc. It's a deliberate ploy in many ways. Not a lack of knowledge.

Could be said that our attack does not need to much coaching, doesn't need tactics. Klopp has moved Salah closer to Firmino but these players are not given to many tactical instructions

Recall the remarks made by Souness, he said " I was at Liverpool about a month and was never told how to play or given any instructions" so one day he asked to Joe Fagan how he should play..." Fagan turned on him and said.." we just paid nearly half a million for you...and your asking me how to play..."...Fagan walked off shaking his head in disbeleif..

Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #16847: Mar 07, 2018 01:21:37 pm
      Can we all just put a stop to this now its getting really f***in boring, simple facht is the un-real Donovan reid  fella is seeing something isnt there and making himself look a 'clown'
      Thats up to him, the majority know what is what and that is Rafa & Jürgen are top blokes, top managers and we or most love em both, and there is no jealousy on either part,
      I'm done with this now, please mods put a cap in this topic, its done !!

YNWA

Yis...that's right...lets stop talking about football managers in a thread about managers and how they react to football matters on a football forum....lets talk about...er...Cricket...E ngland got stuffed by New Zealand I see..
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018 01:26:09 pm by Harrisimo »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #16848: Mar 07, 2018 01:23:17 pm
      "You can awake someone from their sleep but you can't awake someone who pretends to be asleep..."

Old Persian saying...

Nothing to see here folks... Rafa is Boss, Klopp is Boss..

So after a 9 year sabbatical Klopp takes us back to the dizzy heights of European footy..

If he wasn't bitten by the atmosphere at Anfield during the UEFA cup run God help him during the quarter& semi finals at Anfield...

Buckle your Raas Claat up...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #16849: Mar 07, 2018 01:24:02 pm
      Good post. But for my part I didn't say Klopp wasn't tactical. Just less so than Rafa.And that in itself does not mean Klopp is less knowledgable or less tactically astute. Some managers don't overload the team with plans, tactics etc. It's a deliberate ploy in many ways. Not a lack of knowledge.

Could be said that our attack does not need to much coaching, doesn't need tactics. Klopp has moved Salah closer to Firmino but these players are not given to many tactical instructions

Recall the remarks made by Souness, he said " I was at Liverpool about a month and was never told how to play or given any instructions" so one day he asked to Joe Fagan how he should play..." Fagan turned on him and said.." we just paid nearly half a million for you...and your asking me how to play..."...Fagan walked off shaking his head in disbeleif..

And a good response :)

I could have been more explicit that I wasn’t pointing at your post / you specifically.

Rather at the lazy rhetoric from some. There are one or two who constantly reference Jürgen’s ‘personality’ almost as if you can’t be engaging and tactically advanced.

It also wasn’t about any Jürgen / Rafa contrast.

Funnily enough I remember reading Rafa gave them loads of info leading up to a game but on game night it was very, very simple.

All good.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #16850: Mar 07, 2018 01:25:25 pm
      In just 23 games, we've scored 51 European Goals under Jürgen Klopp.

There's been some F***ing belters in that 50, some emotional ones as well. Averaging two a game in Europe is why we're easily the best team in Europe.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #16851: Mar 07, 2018 01:39:07 pm
      And a good response :)

I could have been more explicit that I wasn’t pointing at your post / you specifically.

Rather at the lazy rhetoric from some. There are one or two who constantly reference Jürgen’s ‘personality’ almost as if you can’t be engaging and tactically advanced.

It also wasn’t about any Jürgen / Rafa contrast.

Funnily enough I remember reading Rafa gave them loads of info leading up to a game but on game night it was very, very simple.

All good.

Many said Rafa over thought it and he would say " we have to analyse it" more often than not. Fungus at the toilet never went over the top with tactics. Rooney confirmed that when he said the team talks were never to complicated. But on the other hand Fungie was known to write to other managers giving very detailed tactical observations.

Although you say tactics are not just for defense. But defenders have to react and that does need planning and tactical awareness.

Attacking is obviously far more creative and proactive and sometimes it's best to give that free reign and concentrate on the motivation rather than  instruction.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #16852: Mar 07, 2018 01:43:39 pm
      Yis...that's right...lets stop talking about football managers in a thread about managers and how they react to football matters on a football forum....lets talk about...er...Cricket...E ngland got stuffed by New Zealand I see..

Sorry Billy...bit wound up today..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16853: Mar 07, 2018 02:00:08 pm
      Envy and jealousy are two different things

I doubt Rafa is jealous whatsoever.
      He was asked a question by a reporter on if Klopp needs to win trophies at the club. He answered it pretty much the only way he could.
      If anything the reporter was trouble making and only simpletons would fall for it or read more into it

Edit
      If you look at the written transcript on the interview the quote comes from Rafa is asked directly that.. He answers.
      The reporter then goes on to ask is the same not for you at Newcastle? Rafa says staying up with what we have is like winning a trophy but yes ultimately the same

Stop digging and looking for what's not there

Look we keep covering the same ground... Rafa could have choose not to answer the question, that fact that he did says to me he had the opportunity to have a dig and choose to take it say that there is some jealousy there...

Just because you choose to ignore it, it does not mean there is nothing there
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16854: Mar 07, 2018 02:08:30 pm
      I agree with you, but in fairness to Billy, this tread is about Klopp, and Have more than said enough, so I will read and aswer if i feel the next couple of post then I am drawing a line under it not matter what else is posted

And yes to billy, I am a clown  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Kopite78
      Reply #16855: Mar 07, 2018 02:10:04 pm
      Look we keep covering the same ground... Rafa could have choose not to answer the question, that fact that he did says to me he had the opportunity to have a dig and choose to take it say that there is some jealousy there...

No that's your reading of it. Which I feel is flatly wrong

Go find the transcript.. there is nothing it in.. it's in your own head
      Ignoring questions from journalists just lead to further questions.. you're better just answering them and the way he did doesn't hint at jealousy whatsoever

Odd you
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #16856: Mar 07, 2018 02:10:19 pm

How do you know it was a dig? Explain clearly mate...

Having a dig is when the plane flew over Anfiled calling for Rodgers head and Rodgers at a press conference commented that Rafa may have been the pilot...that's a cheap dig..not stating the obvious that Klopp needs to win trophies..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16857: Mar 07, 2018 02:10:32 pm
      "You can awake someone from their sleep but you can't awake someone who pretends to be asleep..."

Old Persian saying...

Nothing to see here folks... Rafa is Boss, Klopp is Boss..

So after a 9 year sabbatical Klopp takes us back to the dizzy heights of European footy..

If he wasn't bitten by the atmosphere at Anfield during the UEFA cup run God help him during the quarter& semi finals at Anfield...

Buckle your Raas Claat up...
      Step forward youth!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16858: Mar 07, 2018 02:17:16 pm
      No that's your reading of it. Which I feel is flatly wrong

Go find the transcript.. there is nothing it in.. it's in your own head
      Ignoring questions from journalists just lead to further questions.. you're better just answering them and the way he did doesn't hint at jealousy whatsoever

Odd you
      I can't change the way you see it, which is fine... I see it a different way....

"Ignoring questions from journalists just lead to further questions".. People do it all the time, MP's Prime Minister's President's Football managers...

Quick Reply