Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      50 (52.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      23 (24%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2015 09:29:36 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates

Read 34164 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Rubin Kazan
      Reply #460: Oct 22, 2015 10:14:42 pm
      I got the impression Jürgen was on the pitch to give himself time to calm down before ripping the lazy fuckers apart

Slumped shoulders on some was pathetic. No more so than Coutinho - looking sorry for himself. They're grown men, some of them well experienced.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #461: Oct 22, 2015 10:15:04 pm
      Disappointed, but we always knew it would take time. Klopp needs backing in the transfer window, this is not his team, give him the backing and time, I have no doubt Klopp will take us where we want to be.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #462: Oct 22, 2015 10:15:19 pm
      Klopp or no Klopp, a lot of those players are not good enough.
      We've acquired some sh*t over the recent transfer windows.

Not overly dissapointed with the results.
      Not expecting too much either, 3 years conditioned to play negative football and it requires considerable effort to drop all the bad habits.  Too many average players in the squad.

3 years damages and players mentality conditioned to play negative football and Klopp simply can't change all that in 3 weeks.  I fear for some of the lads, I'm sure the chop will come at the end of the season. 

We have such a poor side atm.
      We have also an avarage squad. We really need to rebuild again...

Poor,poor,poor...

Polishing a turd and all that   ......

He's inherited crap .....     bar a few .
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #463: Oct 22, 2015 10:15:39 pm
      All the pressing and defensive organisation in the world doesn't change the fact this team struggles to create clear cut chances and score goals. It's been the story of the last 15 months so I guess it was a bit hopeful that it would suddenly click into gear the minute a new manager walks through the door. We ultimately need Danny Sturridge in the side, fit and firing and another player through the door in January for the position.

Agree with others on Lallana and Sakho, both players look revitalised under Klopp. Another observation is that we are crying out for some width, I would have been inclined to bring on young Ibe instead of Firmino tonight, we look very short in wide areas.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,590 posts | 7141 
      Reply #464: Oct 22, 2015 10:16:07 pm
      I'll put £5000 of my money on it against £5000 of yours right now.
      Negative f**king nancy's.

Plenty of positives for me there tonight.

look we know that team is on the floor after Brendan going and Jürgen is probably got them on mental overload.It will sink in and they will get better we have to really go with this now because the alternative does not bare thinking about its possibly our last chance too.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #465: Oct 22, 2015 10:16:23 pm
      Loads of Positives....Klopp is going to build some team over the next few years and I'll be surprised if half the team playing tonight will feature.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #466: Oct 22, 2015 10:16:46 pm
      F***ing appalled the attitude the players take to this competition. They are clearly more concerned about future games rather than the here and now. Well if they continue like that there will be no future to play for.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #467: Oct 22, 2015 10:16:58 pm
      Agree with others on Lallana and Sakho, both players look revitalised under Klopp. Another observation is that we are crying out for some width, I would have been inclined to bring on young Ibe instead of Firmino tonight, we look very short in wide areas.

Making the decision to loan out Markovic all the more bizarre.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #468: Oct 22, 2015 10:17:39 pm
      In addition to the show of brawn by the individual players, Klopp should also look out for the collection of existing players that have natural connection in thier play. That has simply not been the case in the last two matches. Pressing without knowing what to do with the ball when you have it (without having to take 10 secs thinking of who to pass to) won't get the desired results...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #469: Oct 22, 2015 10:17:40 pm
      The biggest one being Sturridge should be back against Southampton.

Not only that mate, I'm looking beyond the result, the last 30 minutes of that game we started to look a lot better, yes we were against 10 men and we couldn't find the onion bag, but we had Benteke back from an injury spell and Firmino back from injury, Rome wasn't built in a day and it will take a bit of time, but there were positives.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #470: Oct 22, 2015 10:18:51 pm
      Same old story. Just not clinical enough when Sturridge isn't playing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #471: Oct 22, 2015 10:18:57 pm
      Making the decision to loan out Markovic all the more bizarre.

Oh don't get me started on that one. The fact Ibe didn't even play tonight suggests that Klopp wasn't so impressed with him in training yet he was considered ahead of Lazar in the pecking order. Without a doubt Markovic would have played tonight.

F***ing pissed off does not even begin to describe my mood right now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #472: Oct 22, 2015 10:20:00 pm
      I'll put £5000 of my money on it against £5000 of yours right now.
      Negative f**king nancy's.

Plenty of positives for me there tonight.

Can you give me one of the positives please because I'm struggling a bit. I'm not blaming Klopp but FFS what is wrong with our players, why can't any of them shoot on target??
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #473: Oct 22, 2015 10:20:55 pm
      Not only that mate, I'm looking beyond the result, the last 30 minutes of that game we started to look a lot better, yes we were against 10 men and we couldn't find the onion bag, but we had Benteke back from an injury spell and Firmino back from injury, Rome wasn't built in a day and it will take a bit of time, but there were positives.

Agree completely Daz, we were completely battering them with some really nice footy. Just because the ball wasn't going into the back of the net doesn't mean we weren't playing well.

The quality of chances and meaningful possession inside their box went up tremendously. We weren't just knocking on the door we were almost hammering it down. I think some are focusing far too heavily on the obvious lack of quality in certain areas.

Allen
      Origi
      Skrtel
      Milner (up until the final 30 mins also)
      Coutinho

did themselves no favours and it will have been noted, it was a damning statement for Joe that he got his collar felt after 45mins. Doubt we'll be seeing much more of him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #474: Oct 22, 2015 10:21:57 pm
      F**k me there's some negativity on here tonight  :mad:

What the F**k did you all expect eh?  Christ almighty give them a F***ing chance, he's been here 5 minutes, we're still missing key players, some only just back from injury and it's "where's the F***ing noose" for some of you.

Just because you thought he'd come in and turn things round immediately, doesn't mean that's how life works.  He told us all from the off this will take time, patience and a lot of hard work but the dummy spitting has started after less than a week.

I'm off to bed, some of you guys are unbelievable  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #475: Oct 22, 2015 10:24:24 pm
      Same old story. Just not clinical enough when Sturridge isn't playing.

Indeed. Sturridge sure does seem like the only clinical player in the squad. Benteke might be too, for all we know, but we haven't seen enough of him at Liverpool yet.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #476: Oct 22, 2015 10:25:59 pm
      Phil McNulty
      BBC Sport chief football writer
      Posted at 22:10
      "Two things we've learned. Klopp knows he's got an average squad & Liverpool's fans have to understand there are no miracles in football."

Sums it up really
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #477: Oct 22, 2015 10:27:26 pm
      Just take the positives that you're not being Anally raped by Purple Aki tonight, you might not be so lucky tomorrow.

Is that some kind of threat?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #478: Oct 22, 2015 10:27:37 pm
      Agree completely Daz, we were completely battering them with some really nice footy. Just because the ball wasn't going into the back of the net doesn't mean we weren't playing well.

Exactly mate, I seen enough positives in that last half hour to give me hope going forwards, 2 games in to a new managers tenure, Inherited injury list, will take a little time to get his idea's across, but you can see improvement, may only be marginal but its there.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #479: Oct 22, 2015 10:30:36 pm
      F**k me there's some negativity on here tonight  :mad:

What the F**k did you all expect eh?  Christ almighty give them a F***ing chance, he's been here 5 minutes, we're still missing key players, some only just back from injury and it's "where's the F***ing noose" for some of you.

Just because you thought he'd come in and turn things round immediately, doesn't mean that's how life works.  He told us all from the off this will take time, patience and a lot of hard work but the dummy spitting has started after less than a week.

I'm off to bed, some of you guys are unbelievable  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

In fairness Debbs, even with Brendan in charge I would've been expecting a win tonight. Still fancy us to beat them in Russia when they come at us a bit more. We'll top the Group by the end.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #480: Oct 22, 2015 10:31:21 pm
      Exactly mate, I seen enough positives in that last half hour to give me hope going forwards, 2 games in to a new managers tenure, Inherited injury list, will take a little time to get his idea's across, but you can see improvement, may only be marginal but its there.

Improvement?? 35 shots and only 9 on target against 10 F***ing men?? Its pathetic irrespective of who the manager is.  Klopp is probably sitting down with the owners right now going "I need a much much bigger budget than I originally thought and I need to get rid of the majority of these useless wankers who Brendan considered footballers"
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #481: Oct 22, 2015 10:33:21 pm
      In fairness Debbs, even with Brendan in charge I would've been expecting a win tonight. Still fancy us to beat them in Russia when they come at us a bit more. We'll top the Group by the end.

Are you predicting they'll be down to 10 men again after 30 minutes then, because before that they were by far the better team tonight playing much better attacks. We are just F***ing awful at the moment, but at least we have a good manager, we just have to pray that Sturridge can come back and stay fit for most of the season and then a LOT of changes in the summer.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #482: Oct 22, 2015 10:34:41 pm
      these useless wankers who Brendan considered footballers

They are all pulling together though mate.

:)

Quick Reply