Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool 1:1 Southampton. In game & post match debate.

Read 35104 times
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 Southampton. In game & post match debate.
      Reply #391: Oct 25, 2015 06:53:19 pm
      Can give away some shocking ball today and Coutinho very quiet again...Klopp as someone said honest, staying positive, can see we far from where he wants to be and isn't dressing it up with BS, that's what became more irritating with Rodgers, more so than the performances.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #392: Oct 25, 2015 06:56:27 pm
      Can give away some shocking ball today and Coutinho very quiet again...Klopp as someone said honest, staying positive, can see we far from where he wants to be and isn't dressing it up with BS, that's what became more irritating with Rodgers, more so than the performances.

Exactly, you don't try and dance around the issues, they're there, everyone can see them, let's address them head on. When it's out there the lads will simply be reinforced that it's the right approach.

You could see that he was crying out for a leader out there after we went level. That kind of statement should reverberate with the likes of Milner / Skrtel as the senior pros who should be steadying the ship when it gets rocky. They don't they dig in a little but the shoulders drop and the weight builds. We're absolutely desperate for someone who can lift others and inspire them, not sure we actually have that in the squad though.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #393: Oct 25, 2015 06:57:03 pm
      Great post and that's what I want to see until Hendo is back
      Thanks. Others had referred to me as Brendan (a manager i never liked) for daring to say it as i see it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #394: Oct 25, 2015 06:59:58 pm
      he wasnt disrespecting Klopp he was warning people we have a very average squad and dont expect miracles from Klopp. Carragher has said much worse of late and Gerrards book doesnt exactly paint a rosy picture meanwhile some bloke called  suarez has just scored two goals

Fair enough, it's too much though, they are overdoing the criticism, there is no looking at the positive aspects and gradual changes or improvement.
      All the fans know it will be a gradual thing.
      Both of them were Debbie downers tonight, bet they got their pay cheque's and were "impartial" though.
      Suarez wanted to go onto his boyhood dreamland, didn't know he scored today, cool.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #395: Oct 25, 2015 07:00:17 pm
      Do you think he'll start a strong side against Bournemouth on Wednesday?

I think he will. He's already indicated he won't rotate for the sake of it and the more the players play together in his style, the quicker things will come together. Plus he'll want to win a trophy. I expect we'll see changes but I would be very surprised if it was a team full of kids.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #396: Oct 25, 2015 07:17:48 pm
      people expect miracles. Will football fans ever be realistic ?

I wouldn't classify 3 points at home to so'ton as a miracle.

This feels like a loss to me.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #397: Oct 25, 2015 07:31:30 pm
      Have had to watch it on a delay so have literally just finished watching the game. I thought we were terrible first half and we played a bit better 2nd half but nothing to get carried away with. My observations were:

- Can was terrible, how did he play 90 minutes? I thought he looked spent after 70 minutes, was slow on the ball and cumbersome in everything he did. I'd rather have Milner in there.

- Lucas was head and shoulders above the rest of the side, mostly bailing his teammates out when they gave the ball away or pinged him another shi...tty pass when he had players on his back. The worry is that Lucas is often our best when the rest are shi...te (he won player of the year during two horrible seasons)

- We need a fookkin genuine wide player in front of Moreno. The lad is hopeless, no better than Cissoko with the ball at his feet and Cissoko is one of the worst I have EVER seen in a red shirt. Saint let him have about 30 foot of space all game because they wanted our lads to pass it to him so he could fun...k it up again. Woeful woeful player.

- what's going on with Coutinho? Didn't clap the fans when he was subbed on 82 minutes and looked like he had a sulk on. Heads gone by the looks of it. Am braced for a bid in the January window.

- Firmino looked quite bright when he came on. First time I've been able to say that.

- if the only fit striker available is Origi then play without a striker.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #398: Oct 25, 2015 07:37:21 pm

Thank you. It's a loss. That's the fact. The no of positives does not change that fact, it's been done cos the boss is still new; results really need to start coming soon, there's a limit to making exceptions for a boss
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #399: Oct 25, 2015 07:38:56 pm

Have I missed this new definition of 'fact'?

Do one you WUM.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #400: Oct 25, 2015 07:41:17 pm

Well, they had twice as many goals as us (GD), were above us n the league table plus they haven't lost away from home.
      I love to celebrate a win every game, reality is, our team was struggling to find any semblance of structure and Klopp isn't a magician. We keep on getting better regardless of all the tantrums.

By the time this story will have the happy ending- we'll all need to grit our teeth and expect a bumpy ride.
      Klopp hasn't even signed one player yet, I don't know what people were expecting to happen actually.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #401: Oct 25, 2015 07:44:21 pm
      Thank you. It's a loss. That's the fact. The no of positives does not change that fact, it's been done cos the boss is still new; results really need to start coming soon, there's a limit to making exceptions for a boss

when do we start taking bets on how long this muppet will last
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #402: Oct 25, 2015 07:45:20 pm

With Klopp still learning about the lads, trying to have them implement his plans, reckon he should just plough on and treat ever game equally, focus like hell on it, and try to win it ... use each and every game to continue to ingrain his philosophy ... with (what he believes to be) the best team available ...

Anyway, it's not like we have a slew of *star performers* to rest  ...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #403: Oct 25, 2015 07:48:10 pm

What's a loss. Today's draw?

And is that like his 3rd game .. and already talking about limits...

You must be trying to set a world impatience record mate ...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #404: Oct 25, 2015 07:53:36 pm
      I said this in Rodgers first season but this season isn't important anymore. We have a squad the manager doesn't rate and added to that a shed load of injuries to key players.

For me we get to 40 points asap and try to win a cup and go again next season. This squad has no right to be fighting for the top 4 because it is the work of a very confused set up.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #405: Oct 25, 2015 07:53:44 pm
      I was hoping for one of those new manager runs, where a team goes mad and wins their first few games when they get a new boss.

But the truth is we dont look like a team, we look like a group of individuals, 11 individuals all wondering what the person next to him is going to do.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #406: Oct 25, 2015 07:55:52 pm
      I was hoping for one of those new manager runs, where a team goes mad and wins their first few games when they get a new boss.

But the truth is we dont look like a team, we look like a group of individuals, 11 individuals all wondering what the person next to him is going to do.

On point.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #407: Oct 25, 2015 07:58:09 pm

I think he will, there is no point in playing a weakened side when the 1st team is not playing to 100%
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #408: Oct 25, 2015 07:59:36 pm
      I honestly thought we had 3 points in the bag and then James f**king milner went and gave away that stupid, pointless free kick away....
      Ball lofted in ; One free header onto another free header across to the far post and another unmarked player puts it in the back of the net !!.. :f_steam:

Coutinho and Lallana are dribbling fools..

Can and Origi are not Liverpool players and never will be..

Lucas and Sakho were the only two who played well as did Firmino when he came on..

Benteke's goal on the other hand was class.. haven't seen a header like that at the Kop end since the Crouch and Toshack days...

Let's hope Rodgers gets the Villa job(or Newcastle) and he can buy back all the sh*te he bought here...

another 2 points dropped... :mad:

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #409: Oct 25, 2015 08:02:39 pm

Well done to bring that up, I was hoping for the new win boss thing myself, but from what I can remember of that law of nature, it's for teams what aren't going for the top spots and it's also a temporary fix.
      We look less like a bunch of individuals slowly but surely at last, Klopp is making them organised as he can, I can notice the difference but they aren't his players.
      Our squad may have been programmed to play a certain way and they will never snap out of it or they're missing Brendan or  being loyal (too late for that sh*t). From what I saw though, they were out of sorts with Brendan.
      A overhaul will happen but maybe we can sneak a cup or two in the meantime.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #410: Oct 25, 2015 08:03:14 pm
      Ive said and said since Can first came he is not a naturally fit player which can happen irrelevant of how much training you do some people just fitter than others. The problem with Can is he puts a good shift in but he cannot carry it on late in game and he lost the ball to often when he had chance to release it. Maybe why Rogers saw him as CB where he had to exert less energy ?
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #411: Oct 25, 2015 08:04:00 pm
      I think the guys are performing exactly like Klopp wants, but with Coutinho well off form and us not having a great striker available it's a struggle to get efforts on goal. Klopp said he wants high work rate and pressing and he's got it. He also said he wants the ball moved side to side to make the opposition work more and he's got that.
      It will all take time but you can definitely see the players are implementing all that Jürgen has asked of them so far.
      Like I said it will take time but the 3 games he's had have been against difficult opposition when our quality strikers are out and our main creative players form has dropped as all 3 teams we've played have defended well. Spuds and Saints are above us in the league cause they're good teams and after Rubén went down to 10 men all they did for most of the game was get bodies back and defend.
      Have patience.

Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #412: Oct 25, 2015 08:05:38 pm
      What's a loss. Today's draw?

And is that like his 3rd game .. and already talking about limits...

You must be trying to set a world impatience record mate ...
      Pardon me mate. My expectations, just like all true fans where rather high. The boss got a tough job given the group of players & the injuries but were lfc not sunderland. We should be thriving not merely surviving... I know we'll get there though (may be you're right, i need them 3 points rolling in sooner than later)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #413: Oct 25, 2015 08:10:29 pm
      Fear is entrenched in this team and the clearest example of that is Clyne who has turned into a pub player overnight, he couldn't cntrol a ball, make a 10 yard pass and was constantly out of position. But he's not the only one Milner and Can we're just as guilty.

The only way to get some confidence in the players is to get a win fortunately we have Bournemouth next who look shot to pieces.

We just have to hope Firmino and Benteke get up to match fitness asap otherwise there is no goal threat at all. Despite the lovely flicks and turns from Lallana he is completely ineffectual in the final third. 
      Coutinho is having a shocking season.

At least we didn't lose and a draw was a fair result but lots of work for Jürgen to get these players to start doing the basics correctly like keeping hold of a ball........

Quick Reply