Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (5.1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      6 (3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (1.5%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      45 (22.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      122 (61.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.5%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      8 (4.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Voting closed: Nov 04, 2015 02:47:15 pm

Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match weekend enjoyment

Read 42453 times
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Re: Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match weekend enjoyment
      Reply #851: Oct 31, 2015 10:26:09 pm
      Sick of the media coverage. 5 LIVE Mourinho blah blah ...... MOTD is going to be a jose wankfest. Nothing about how good we were or how much of a tw*t Costa is.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #852: Oct 31, 2015 10:44:52 pm
      Its almost as if MOTD forgot we were playing today never mind won the F***ing game.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #853: Oct 31, 2015 10:47:05 pm
      The FA must give that dirty b***ard costa a 10 match ban for what he did to Skrtel. There is malicious intend in what he did in front of the ref and  yet the ref did nothing. Soon he is going to hurt someone real bad. The referee is bias to the core. At every given opportunity their players fell to the ground, he's faster than flash gordon to flash the yellows at us. The ref had some dealings with Chelsea management a few years back and they have appointed him to save them but alas, his bias decisions still couldn't sway the results. If he had been fairer we would have hammered those idiots. Big big crisis at the Bridge.

If before the game someone tells me that we will win the game, I'd be more than happy with a draw and not overly dissapointed with a loss and the result is a huge huge bonus. What I saw in yesterday's game was a very dedicated group of players that has put in 100% effort and full of confidence. Yes, full of confidence, 1 goal down and we fought back and won the game. BR would simply struggle to achieve that. Boston has simply got the right manager to drive the club.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #854: Oct 31, 2015 10:49:53 pm

They are not scum, they are below scum.

Yes   They are  ... quite a way below......   and the Scum will be below us soon .... scuse the pun.

redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #855: Oct 31, 2015 10:53:50 pm
      Unbelievable coverage of the game on motd.  Its almost as if the result does not count - all is consumed by bbc commentators concern over jose mouhrinhos' feelings.  Who gives a f**k about mourinho feelings - what about the result?. Its almost as if LFC should apologise for beating chelsea because Jose can't bring himself to express his feelings cos he's sooo upset. No interview with JK?

I'm afraid for too long we have had the cosy duo of utd and chelsea dominating english football, and unfortunately they have come to dominate its news output aswell.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #856: Oct 31, 2015 10:56:34 pm
      It made me laugh how the guy interviewing Mourinho for MOTD said "we're just not used to seeing you like this, Jose." Is he his F***ing boyfriend or something? We've seen it from Mourinho for the past 10 years nearly, he's a cry baby arse wipe.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #857: Oct 31, 2015 11:04:24 pm
      I got this from the "Shedend" ot should I say "Shitend" :-

"Well out of all the other 19 league sides I dislike these t**ts more than the rest. No respect in most of them. Always belittling our club and our achievements. So naturally, given how we are playing, I am rather worried about this one.

Of course we belittle their so called achievement because they they have that abram felllow that has got nothing better to do with his money and better be real worried. Wanna see them relegated and abram packs his bags and crawl back to where he came from. Buying players that competing teams are going after and then loaned them out without the player kicking a ball at fallen bridge. That's how chelski got all those titles, dilute your competitors strengths.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #858: Oct 31, 2015 11:12:38 pm
      The FA are bound to take retrospectiv
      e action over the intentional kick in the ostomach by Costa on Skrtel while he lay on the ground.
      ''Bound'' does not imply some ingrained sense of fair play but the fact that the world and his F***ing wife saw the attack on TV.
      « Last Edit: Nov 01, 2015 07:40:12 pm by stuey »
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #859: Oct 31, 2015 11:14:28 pm
      I think this was the first match which was 100% Klopp. You can see how they pressed the entire match. They controlled the tempo, against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. I am just blown away by the way Klopp has transformed this club. We are far from title winning but he has brought a new life to this club. His energy, he pumps his fists when they score and he high fives supporters. 

I think today is proof that our future is in good hands.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #860: Oct 31, 2015 11:28:40 pm
      To go a goal down so quickly, to have a manger demand that the players heads don't drop, for the team to stick to the game plan and show discipline and 100% commitment, for us to play up to the whistle and score before half time, to come back from a goal down, for Jürgen to not rest on his laurels and go negative but to replace players with more attack minded ones and for us to score more than 2 goals and win at Stamford bridge.....WOW. F***ing WOW.
      the tide has well and truly turned.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #861: Oct 31, 2015 11:40:16 pm
      That was a performance that I did not realise this group of players had in them. Some of the quick passing was high class and after the first 20 minutes we totally controlled the match. Considering the way we were playing under Brendan, with the same players,  Klopp must take a lot of credit. Everyone played their part in a great team performance. If today is a sign of things to come this could yet prove to be a big year, with top 4 not out of the question.
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #862: Nov 01, 2015 12:01:33 am
      Everything about this result was perfect. Going 1 down early, scoring 3 at Chelsea for first time in 26 years, and winning with a weakened squad....all good. Any players not completely convinced by Jurgens methods will be now, it will instill a huge amount of confidence and add belief when they find themselves in similar situations.

We've done a lot of the tough away games and top four is a legitimate target, although a tiny mental part of me thinks we could win the league ;-)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #863: Nov 01, 2015 12:05:44 am
      These plastic fans are truly spoilt to the core, They are now now blaming the Liverpool tourist supporters for their loss at the collapsed bridge. Well, that shows how strong is our foreign legions. Our fan base spreads far and wide, much much wider than they thought.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #864: Nov 01, 2015 12:22:25 am
      Firmino had a 91% pass accuracy today. Fantastic contribution from him today.

His false 9 position today led to much more possession and bodies in midfield and this we outnumbered them, and this was rewarded with the equaliser.

Good job from Klopp. He then brought on Benteke and changed the tactics to win the game with a target man, which of course worked. Even better job.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #865: Nov 01, 2015 12:29:19 am
      Firmino had a 91% pass accuracy today. Fantastic contribution from him today.

His false 9 position today led to much more possession and bodies in midfield and this we outnumbered them, and this was rewarded with the equaliser.

Good job from Klopp. He then brought on Benteke and changed the tactics to win the game with a target man, which of course worked. Even better job.

All of which obviously barely rated a mention from the pundits. If Mourinho had done that to us, he'd have "given us a lesson" and it'd been a "tactical master class", much as it was when Stevie slipped over.

This fella we've got now, I honestly wouldn't swap him for any other manager in world football. That's not knee jerk either, I'd still feel the same if lost our next six. He's just the right man for us at this stage in our history, I'm convinced of it.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #866: Nov 01, 2015 12:45:31 am
      All of which obviously barely rated a mention from the pundits. If Mourinho had done that to us, he'd have "given us a lesson" and it'd been a "tactical master class", much as it was when Stevie slipped over.

This fella we've got now, I honestly wouldn't swap him for any other manager in world football. That's not knee jerk either, I'd still feel the same if lost our next six. He's just the right man for us at this stage in our history, I'm convinced of it.

I agree. The media spin out the tired cliches time and time again. Well as we all know, anyone who just believes what the 'meedja' say are uneducated idiots.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #867: Nov 01, 2015 01:13:51 am
      Gonna have to watch the match again.  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #868: Nov 01, 2015 02:10:18 am
      Gonna have to watch the match again.  ;D

You seeing any improvement yet?  Asking for a friend.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #869: Nov 01, 2015 02:16:54 am
      Really glad about this result. Went for a score draw, seeing as we haven't beaten Chelsea for a while. At the Bridge too. Even better. Didn't think we played particularly well if I'm honest, but the lads could obviously see that the chavs were having another bad day of it, so all credit for taking advantage of the situation. Top four this season is definitely a possibility, along with a cup to boot...
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #870: Nov 01, 2015 02:34:57 am
      Watched the highlights again and it just gets better each time.  I think that the big difference I notice is that we are playing more as a team, with everyone playing for each other.  Defensively we look better for a back 4, and yet this has not stopped the fullbacks getting forward.

There goal was a bit of a mess - Moreno badly caught out, but can't believe ha wasn't given a call.  Although he started badly I actually thought he got better as the game progressed.

Great to see Cou get back some of the magic.  Great first, unstoppable shot and a well controlled build up.

Benteke made such a difference when he came on, and it was a positive move to bring him on for Milner - I thought it would be Firmino to make way, but Klopp obviously felt they were there for the taking.  Nice header for the second, and involved in the build up to the third before being given the freedom of the penalty box.  He has certainly got goals in him.

On the contentious issues:
      Lucas was probably a bit lucky to stay on the pitch, however if you look at the angle from behind (where Clat was) Ramires was on his way down before any challenge and that is probably what saved him.  However Costa is at this point lucky to be on the pitch so it evens out doesn't it.  A lot was made on the commentary about the timing of the first goal, but when watching it again Chelsea took more than 30 seconds (in added time) to take the freekick for offside, so there can be no real complaints - and anyway who cares.

The press conferences and interviews where interesting to watch, especially Mourinho on the Fox Sports review show this morning.  I know it is there their  :dunceblock: job but there are some stupid questions - like asking Mourinho to comment on ref decisions and Klopp about winning the title.

If we can keep players fit and get them back from injury then top 4 is more than a realistic expectation.
      « Last Edit: Nov 01, 2015 03:26:31 am by Muzzman1969 »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #871: Nov 01, 2015 03:21:29 am
      I don't want to get too ahead of myself but also feel that the top four really isn't out of the equation.
      Saying that though, I would happily settle for a bumpy ride this season if the squad continue their new education of Klopp's tactics and we are able to realize who is or isn't suited to his system.
      By the way, it's their, there and they're....not being a dick...it just takes away from your excellent post.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #872: Nov 01, 2015 03:27:47 am
      By the way, it's their, there and they're....not being a dick...it just takes away from your excellent post.
      That really pisses me off - not you mentioning it, but me doing it.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #873: Nov 01, 2015 05:09:32 am
      Have to say after watching the match again, I think Skertel was immense yesterday at Stamford Bridge. He did his job really well, and mopped up after some of his team mates. Covered for Sahko who was megged by Oscar, Sahko also was very good and made some vital blocks.

Lucas was excellent, as someone else said the other day, he has really "galvanized" the midfield; and we look harder to break down with him sitting in front of the defense. I'm sure he was on a yellow already, and he was a little lucky to not get booked for the Mikel challenge, but in games like this you have to ride your luck.

Chelsea really tried to step it up a gear in the second half and it was good to see that we matched them when they tried this. This is where we'd have usually conceded in games like this, as our opponents stepped up. We'd often recede possession and territory but yesterday we still went hammer and thong with them at this point in the match, which was vital. Brilliant!

Also, I saw the typical Mignolet critics quick to bemoan his "shot saving" abilities. That's utter bias and agenda driven dribble; as that cross was whipped in and went across his goal he was moving from right to left of his goal and then Ramirez launched a bullet header into the corner he was moving away from. That, was a good goal and it would be hard to criticise Moreno even as Ramirez came charging late to bullet that - they're not easy to defend them.

Also, many called for Coutinho to be dropped after an almost knee-jerk reaction to Tex's performance against Bournemouth. I'm glad Klopp didn't follow this thinking and persisted with Coutinho because although he has been off form recently he's really one of only a few of our attacking mids who has the ability to pop up with 'end product' and his first goal was just superb.

Very good game all round, the tactics we're spot on, the players were spot on and as I said beforehand Chelsea were there for the picking. It was good to see that heads didn't drop after their start and once we got into the game after Chelsea sat back; we controlled it from there on in.

Philippe Coutinho has dedicated his goals against Chelsea to Liverpool's fans and admitted he hasn't been playing well.

The Brazilian struck twice as Jürgen Klopp's side beat the Blues 3-1 at Stamford Bridge on Saturday lunchtime.

They were Coutinho's first strikes since the opening day of the season, and gave Klopp his first win in the league since taking over at Anfield.

“I am so happy to score those goals,” Coutinho told the Liverpool Echo.

“It had been a long time since I last scored. I haven't been playing so well but I knew I just had to keep working and things would change for me. That's what I did.

“I kept going and I knew that good things would come. Hopefully I can go on to score many more goals. I'm most happy about the fact I was able to help the team to get the three points.

“The support we got from the fans throughout the game was amazing. They are always there supporting us and we wanted to give something back. My goals and this win is for them.”

Coutinho curled home a stunning equaliser just before half-time to cancel out Ramires' early header.

In the second half Liverpool took control as they went on to secure their biggest win at Stamford Bridge since 1989.

Coutinho's deflected shot made it 2-1 before substitute Christian Benteke wrapped up the points.

“We played a good game today and we're proud of this victory,” Coutinho added.

“It was a very important win for us because it was against Chelsea, a big team. It will be important for our confidence going forward.

“It will help us going forward as we try to climb the table.”

A beaming Klopp showed his appreciation for Coutinho's contribution by lifting the two-goal hero off his feet after the final whistle.

The former Inter Milan attacker says he's loving playing for the German coach, who has now gone five games unbeaten since taking over from Brendan Rodgers.

Coutinho said: “The manager was pleased - he gave me a big hug!

“Everyone in the squad is enjoying the football he asks from us.

“He's a manager who demands a lot of hard work. That's what we try to do every day. We have to continue this way.

“He is a manager who gives you confidence. We have had some difficult moments as a team but now we're in a good way.

"We have to keep it going.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-star-philippe-coutinho-dedicates-6745090

8)

Quick Reply