Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (5.1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      6 (3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (1.5%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      45 (22.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      122 (61.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.5%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      8 (4.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Voting closed: Nov 04, 2015 02:47:15 pm

Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match weekend enjoyment

Read 42225 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Re: Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match weekend enjoyment
      Reply #874: Nov 01, 2015 05:20:47 am
      the first 8-9 pages of this thread were terrible. So much negativity.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #875: Nov 01, 2015 05:28:40 am
      the first 8-9 pages of this thread were terrible. So much negativity.

Does it surprise you?

Doesn't me.

;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #876: Nov 01, 2015 05:49:32 am
      You seeing any improvement yet?  Asking for a friend.

Yes. But given how you were shitting bricks before the game, I think it's you who should be asking yourself that.  :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #877: Nov 01, 2015 06:24:06 am
      What a roller-coaster ride of emotions we humans go through,  Friday my Big Sisters birthday, Woohoo, Friday night usual session in my local,  end up getting barred because some kunt thinks LFC fans were partly to blame  for Hillsborough, I let my emotions get the better of me let's just say, Saturday morning I lose one of my mates to cancer, only 48,

and then that fantastic performance at Scummy chav land,

So forgive me ppl for not enjoying these special moments with you,

Great time to be a Red, but my thoughts right now are elsewhere.

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,368 posts | 8619 
      Reply #878: Nov 01, 2015 08:25:52 am
      Interesting celebration, is Lallana trying to tell us something?  :f_doh:

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #879: Nov 01, 2015 08:28:18 am
      Get the F**k in!!!

All I can say now!
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #880: Nov 01, 2015 08:56:30 am
      Yes ladssss, great game! Great!
      I was there, and I honestly didn't think we would be so dominant. Good performance, I have nothing to say. ;D.
      Anyways, they're starting to play the way Klopp wants them to play, it wasn't a lucky win, they worked for it. Good sign.

I'm gonna watch it again later.

Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #881: Nov 01, 2015 09:01:50 am
      Interesting celebration, is Lallana trying to tell us something?  :f_doh:

If only Can was closer to Coutinho.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #882: Nov 01, 2015 09:19:39 am
      Bellys point about Mignolet is a very fair one. People expecting him to save absolutely everything regardless of the situation are being a bit silly really. In all honesty anybody who reads the first ten or so pages of this thread has it graphically illustrated why it's become pointless coming on here during matches.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #883: Nov 01, 2015 09:37:39 am
      Bellys point about Mignolet is a very fair one. People expecting him to save absolutely everything regardless of the situation are being a bit silly really. In all honesty anybody who reads the first ten or so pages of this thread has it graphically illustrated why it's become pointless coming on here during matches.

Agree on Beer's Mignolet comment but no way Moreno gets absolved of any blame. Shocking defending.

Also agree on Skrtel. Was very good yesterday so a shame to see people who jump on his back very quickly not acknowledge that he had Costa in his arse pocket for the whole game.

Also thought Clyne had his best game for a while.

Can and Milner continue to frustrate me but Firmino and Benteke if kept fit change everything for us and give us a whole new impetus going into every game.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #884: Nov 01, 2015 09:41:31 am

No, we don't expect him to save everything at all. In fact, his reactions as a shot stopper are second to none. It's still the other aspects of his keeping that worry people though. The bread and butter stuff like how to deal with crosses into the box and bossing the defence. The stuff which 95% of the time is more important than some flashy dive.

Personally I was surprised that Bogdan didn't get a go after his excellent performance in the cup game. I believe it warranted a starting place myself.

rossyred

• 9,306 posts | 1669 
      Reply #885: Nov 01, 2015 09:41:45 am
      Unjust to criticize Moreno ? Absolute nonsense he looked at Ramires not once but twice and still did not attack the ball
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #886: Nov 01, 2015 10:05:37 am
      Still buzzin  !
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1643 
      Reply #887: Nov 01, 2015 10:29:59 am
      Absolutely loved that, dominated them start to finish, absolutely brilliant from everyone today.

Big shout to Benteke, he's been absolutely brilliant for us and makes a huge difference to how we play, it's refreshing to see such a powerful player up top for us after Brendan brought in all his 'technicians' who weren't half the striker Benteke is.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #888: Nov 01, 2015 10:42:24 am
      When Benteke scored we end up drawing or loosing and I could see the dissapointment in his face. We got it right this time and we owed it to big Ben.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #889: Nov 01, 2015 11:41:31 am
      All of which obviously barely rated a mention from the pundits. If Mourinho had done that to us, he'd have "given us a lesson" and it'd been a "tactical master class", much as it was when Stevie slipped over.

This fella we've got now, I honestly wouldn't swap him for any other manager in world football. That's not knee jerk either, I'd still feel the same if lost our next six. He's just the right man for us at this stage in our history, I'm convinced of it.

Correct, something some of us suggested even before he was appointed :D

Glad to see we're all on board the Klopp train now though.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #890: Nov 01, 2015 01:29:07 pm
      Watched it again, good win but still a lot of work to do.

Just as I didn't get carried away by a couple of draws, I'm not getting carried away by a win over an imploding chelsea, completely lacking in confidence.
      Having said that, I still enjoyed it immensely  :laugh:

Mourinho clearly thought he could out think Klopp by playing Hazard in a #10 role.
      The only problem with his thinking is that Klopp spotted it, and had Lucas man mark him, a tactic that worked so well that Hazards position was changed, and then he was subbed.
      Great timing for the Benteke substitution as well, he helped force chelsea deeper, was an absolute beast and scored a good goal.

We played with a lot of discipline, but also a lot of freedom, and it looks like the players are no longer being crushed under the weight of their own expectations.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #891: Nov 01, 2015 01:58:53 pm
      Every player gave there all and at least contributed to what they're supposed to do (apart from Milner who is still poop). Every player looks hungry to impress Klopp and play for the team they are wearing!

It's also massively refreshing to see EVERY player played in positions they're good at. No RB Can or wing back Ibe.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,590 posts | 7141 
      Reply #892: Nov 01, 2015 02:20:12 pm
      I really don't see much point in pulling apart a great result like this . I have seen us play really well at Stamford Bridge and come away with nothing so I am just going to really enjoy this result and the fact its made Maureen look an even bigger c**t well that is really just a bonus. I can see a different attitude on the pitch after just 4 games so after 40 games we can be a really decent team again.
      Looking forward to Thursday
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Reply #893: Nov 01, 2015 02:33:19 pm
      Keep coming back on here to read the latest posts.
      One thing which is hugely evident after yesterday's events, and that's CLASS !
      Chelsea, players, management, staff, owners and the club as a whole, are seriously lacking in it.
      Liverpool all round have it in abundance !
      On two comparable situations, ALL the chavs done everything possible to convince the ref to send Lucas off.
      Skrtel at the opposite end of the spectrum, kept his cool, showed his class, and his a reaction, or lack of it, enabled Costa to stay on the field.
      That's a natural reaction, you can't buy that Mr. Abramovitch, no matter how much money you have, and that is only one of the many reasons, your whole outfit is despised by so many.
      Total lack of class !
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #894: Nov 01, 2015 02:33:30 pm
      I was busy with Halloween stuff from the time the match finished yesterday until the early hours of this morning and I never got a chance to come here and read other's thoughts on the game. I'm still buzzing over the result and how we played. Sure, it wasn't perfect and we had to grow into the game after the Chavs dominated the early part, but after that we bossed it. I haven't seen a performance like that since Luis was at the club.

This is the most optimistic I have felt since that season we finished second. I have justified to myself why I wanted Brendan out and that was because my head had been turned by Jürgen's availability. As I said in this thread yesterday and it probably got lost in all of the replies posted, JK has made his mark on the team already and the players are responding in a very encouraging way.

Yesterday was a very good day overall. More of the same please.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #895: Nov 01, 2015 02:34:20 pm
      Keep coming back on here to read the latest posts.
      One thing which is hugely evident after yesterday's events, and that's CLASS !
      Chelsea, players, management, staff, owners and the club as a whole, are seriously lacking in it.
      Liverpool all round have it in abundance !
      On two comparable situations, ALL the chavs done everything possible to convince the ref to send Lucas off.
      Skrtel at the opposite end of the spectrum, kept his cool, showed his class, and his a reaction, or lack of it, enabled Costa to stay on the field.
      That's a natural reaction, you can't buy that Mr. Abramovitch, no matter how much money you have, and that is only one of the many reasons, your whole outfit is despised by so many.
      Total lack of class !

Well said. The Chavs have lacked class since the dodgy Russian took control, hence the name.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #896: Nov 01, 2015 02:38:10 pm
      To go a goal down so quickly, to have a manger demand that the players heads don't drop, for the team to stick to the game plan and show discipline and 100% commitment, for us to play up to the whistle and score before half time, to come back from a goal down, for Jürgen to not rest on his laurels and go negative but to replace players with more attack minded ones and for us to score more than 2 goals and win at Stamford bridge.....WOW. F***ing WOW.
      the tide has well and truly turned.

THIS.

Except for that last bit. The years have taught me to not to draw premature conclusions. But I hope you're right.

Quick Reply