Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.2%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.2%)
      Martin Skrtel
      26 (15.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.2%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.6%)
      Emre Can
      6 (3.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      4 (2.4%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.2%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      39 (23.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      5 (3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      77 (46.4%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: Nov 25, 2015 10:55:20 pm

Man City 1:4 Liverpool, In game & post match debate.

Read 39120 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Man City 1:4 Liverpool, In game & post match debate.
      Reply #598: Nov 22, 2015 06:15:28 am

Sometimes its better to say nothing and be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt... :)

:gt-happyup:
       ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #599: Nov 22, 2015 06:43:56 am
      I thought City might of brought Sterling on when they went 2-0 down, oh I am sorry he was already on but we would never have known. It was just as well we sold him to City as He would not last 2 minutes with Klopp.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #600: Nov 22, 2015 07:11:52 am
      Amazing result,to come away from probably the 2 toughest away fixtures,of the season with 6 points is incredible considering our recent results at both grounds,if proof was ever needed as to how much we have improved under Klopp we also scored 7 goals in those 2 tough away fixtures,comparing that to the previous 11 away matches to reach that figure,says it all,with Sturridge coming back,we can really push on,we will not be far away from the summit come may.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #601: Nov 22, 2015 08:04:54 am
      De Bruyne plays some incredible crosses. 
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #602: Nov 22, 2015 08:30:03 am
      Should've hit double figures that game with some of the sitters we missed. But still a fantastic performance and result. Get in there!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #603: Nov 22, 2015 08:47:23 am
      All of a sudden we are playing like f*cking Barca  :D

You can't blame Rodgers for that.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #604: Nov 22, 2015 08:49:59 am
      Not that he didn't play well but I was the one that voted for Milner BUT meant to vote for Little Phil !!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #605: Nov 22, 2015 09:14:33 am
      You can't blame Rodgers for that.

Death by football well I think Pelegrini has been given the last rites.
      Two away games with the experts mocking us for not having a striker on the pitch and we score 7 concede 2.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #606: Nov 22, 2015 09:19:30 am
      I voted for Coutinho, but it could have went to any of the lads on the Pitch, although the pressing from Coutinho, Milner, Firmino, Milner and Can was exceptional, they never gave city two seconds to settle on the ball especially in the first half.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #607: Nov 22, 2015 09:45:16 am
      Had me a score on us minus a goal @ 11/1. Stuffed City away. We were F***ing excellent. All in all a cracking day. Yeehaa!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #608: Nov 22, 2015 10:10:37 am
      The last 2 away games have given us a glimpse to the future.  Two completely different ways of approaching the game, two perfectly executed strategies, two fantastic wins, 6 excellent and much needed points.  Sort out our home form in the same manner and it's possible we'll become a dominant force once again.

As for the game, WOW!  Loved the Samba style of our 3 attacking Amigos, yes I've included Lallana in there because although he didn't provide any assists or score any goals, his movement, pressing, energy and touch was just superb. 

The midfield 3 closed down the ball, the space and the opposition any time they managed to get the ball past our front line and protected the back 4 excellently.

Towering headers from Lovren whenever they played long, Skrtel at his imperious best and what a goal.  Moreno and Clyne did what was required and Migs wasn't really tested.  Oh and that "sweep" he came out for - heart in mouth moment but he got there!

This is the same squad that Brendan said needed rebuilding again and many, many fans said was the worst in living memory just a few short weeks ago.  Of course there are positions that can and will be improved upon but the change in such a short space of time is incredible.  I knew we were capable of much better than Brendan served up, I never bought into the idea that the squad wasn't capable of challenging.  We have some excellent players, some very good ones and finally a Manager to get the best out of them all.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #609: Nov 22, 2015 10:29:45 am
      Has Hamaans the man been on yet complaining about our attacking play  :)
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #610: Nov 22, 2015 10:44:49 am
      I'm STILL tingling...!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #611: Nov 22, 2015 10:51:18 am

No, but he he'll be on soon saying we'd have lost 8-0 if Benteke had been selected.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #612: Nov 22, 2015 10:55:04 am
      I only saw the replay but I love the way the players keep the ball alive when we break, and bodies sprint to get in support. Just like Dortmund.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #613: Nov 22, 2015 11:21:37 am
      What a result! What a performance! Being totally honest I did not see that coming at all in the days leading up to the game. We were brilliant. Superb reds!

The back four were solid all game. Special mention to Lovren who has really struggled since signing for us but yesterday he won everything. He was a rock.

Lucas, Can, Milner won the midfield battle and dominated the game between them.

The front three were on fire though. Lallana had his best game
      for a long long time and worked his bollocks off. Firmino and Coutinho showed their quality and city couldn't handle them at all. You know it's been a good day when you win 4-1 at the champions and the only criticism is you should have scored more. Firmino should have had a hat trick.

I thought we were noticeably better in the final third without benteke - only because he is too static. The front three of cou firmino and Lallana just ran their socks off and were forever interchanging with each other. I'm not comparing them to the front three of barca because they are on another planet but there were many similarities.

Motm was a toss up between Coutinho or firmino but I gave my vote to Cou.

Absolutely brilliant. Fantastic.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #614: Nov 22, 2015 11:22:38 am

Please see above

:lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #615: Nov 22, 2015 11:41:08 am
      The last 2 away games have given us a glimpse to the future.  Two completely different ways of approaching the game, two perfectly executed strategies, two fantastic wins, 6 excellent and much needed points.  Sort out our home form in the same manner and it's possible we'll become a dominant force once again.

As for the game, WOW!  Loved the Samba style of our 3 attacking Amigos, yes I've included Lallana in there because although he didn't provide any assists or score any goals, his movement, pressing, energy and touch was just superb. 

The midfield 3 closed down the ball, the space and the opposition any time they managed to get the ball past our front line and protected the back 4 excellently.

Towering headers from Lovren whenever they played long, Skrtel at his imperious best and what a goal.  Moreno and Clyne did what was required and Migs wasn't really tested.  Oh and that "sweep" he came out for - heart in mouth moment but he got there!

This is the same squad that Brendan said needed rebuilding again and many, many fans said was the worst in living memory just a few short weeks ago.  Of course there are positions that can and will be improved upon but the change in such a short space of time is incredible.  I knew we were capable of much better than Brendan served up, I never bought into the idea that the squad wasn't capable of challenging.  We have some excellent players, some very good ones and finally a Manager to get the best out of them all.

Great Post there Debs. Says it all .

Its time for those Wellies again girl .  ;D

We now have to do our bit with the Anfield problem.
      They are doing it for us on the pitch.
      Get those banners made people .

Firminho   MOTM for me.

( Of course he really should be playing at left back again ... could have got more.  ;D :o )

Nice to see Lovren got a couple of votes. Did nothing wrong.
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2015 12:05:30 pm by eurored »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #616: Nov 22, 2015 11:42:07 am
      So it's back to hammering City at their place, just like the good old days. We had no Kompany to face yesterday who is their defence, and at times in the first half it was like watching a replay of Germany v Brazil at the WC. Better finishing could have had us 5-0 up at the break too, they were all over the shop.  We were more solid than spectacular after the break, but the last time we won 4-1 there, we won the league. And I remember that day as well.

Now we have to build on this. The points dropped from the last two home games really hurt in the table now. Our toughest trips are now over. We got half the points on offer with 5 results from 6. We need to go on a winning run. There's no excuse now.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #617: Nov 22, 2015 11:49:45 am
      Brilliant win by the boys!

Get the F**k in saw no Silva and Kompany for them and felt very confident we would do them!

We absolutely outclassed them.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #618: Nov 22, 2015 12:13:22 pm
      Just remember that these are the same players we had with Rodgers.

Who says you can't polish a turd?

January is going to be an interesting month.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #619: Nov 22, 2015 12:39:32 pm
      So it's back to hammering City at their place, just like the good old days. We had no Kompany to face yesterday who is their defence, and at times in the first half it was like watching a replay of Germany v Brazil at the WC. Better finishing could have had us 5-0 up at the break too, they were all over the shop.  We were more solid than spectacular after the break, but the last time we won 4-1 there, we won the league. And I remember that day as well.

Now we have to build on this. The points dropped from the last two home games really hurt in the table now. Our toughest trips are now over. We got half the points on offer with 5 results from 6. We need to go on a winning run. There's no excuse now.

you just bring sunshine and hope to every thread.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #620: Nov 22, 2015 12:57:41 pm
      Gave my vote for MOTM to Roberto Firmino whose performance was to my mind clearly the best on the pitch and of course for him since sticking with LFC.

Of course all the other players performed extraordinarily well yesterday, especially Coutinho, Lallana and Skrtel.

But Firmino was really outstandig and so inspiring with his great technique, brilliant ideas and above all involved in all three goals in the first half.

And as I posted a few weeks before, I´m convinced he will give the LFC supporters a lot of pleasure and become a crucial part in this Reds offense in the (near) future.

He´s already shown his great abilities with many goals as well as assists during his four and a half years in his former club Hoffenheim and was one of the best and dangerous midfielders in the Bundesliga all this time.

Looking forward to his and the whole team´s further development ahead!

Quick Reply