Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Your recent Three most memorable LFC Moments!

Read 3569 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Your recent Three most memorable LFC Moments!
      Nov 01, 2007 09:01:01 am
      Guys, lets keep it simple and interesting!

'- Champions League Final 2005 Liverpool vs AC Milan (Landmark Event)
      '- Anfield Rap and the era of Peter Beardsley, Aldridge, John Barnes & Ian Rush (good rap too)
      '- The trashing of Arsenal & Chelsea last season! (Priceless)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Re: Your recent Three most memorable LFC Moments!
      Reply #1: Nov 02, 2007 01:41:04 am
      Was about to chastise you but can't find any evidence of a similar topic (although there is a Favourite European memories thread http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,2600.0.html)

So in response - my 3 most memorable LFC moments are:

- Istanbul 2005 - the most deliriously drunkenly happy moment as an adult Liverpool supporter

- AS Roma European Cup Final 1984 - a few months after my first trip to Anfield I remember watching the game with my dad as a 6 year old and hiding behind the sofa while the penalties were being taken.  Liverpool have made me continually bite my nails for the last 23 years.

- Chelsea game 2005 - I never thought I would experience an atmosphere at Anfield as electric as in the days of the standing Kop again until this semi-final
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Nov 02, 2007 11:25:21 am
      well recent for me would be the last 5 or 6 years so for me it would be

1) Istanbul Champ league final 05

Watched from my armchair at home and I admit at half time the words I used to my mates were " ah well thats that im just going to sit back an watch the second half and hope we do a bit better"

Who could have known what would happen then amazing night held back tears at the end when Jerzy saved that peno and our fans at half time singing Y.N.W.A special night

2) Gary mac 40 yards!

That sweet right foot of Gary Mac from 40 yards at goodison in 01. The blueshite thinking they were ruining our champ league chances 2-2 into stoppage time Vignal draws a free (never got credit for that) 40 yards out. Lob it in the box lad nah not Gary mac! Genius spotting the chance and then having the accuracy to score. Amazing. And Houlliers face he was as stunned as the blueshite! Gary mac legend status confirmed

3) What a hit son

Olympiakos Anfield 04. We need to win by 2 and they go and score 1st. sh*te im thinking to myself,were up against it now. Rafa throws on Pongolle and we go 2-1 up. Time is now almost up Carra crosses the ball Neil Mellor leaps up and again he never got any credit for this, he places his header precisely into the path of Stevie G bang 3-1 what a goal no keeper was going to stop that. And the reaction of Andy Gray a bluenose who I believe despises us is ecstatic  a truly great Anfield night
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: Nov 02, 2007 11:48:33 am
      In the last few years you cant top Istanbul so that would be 1st on the list,2nd the Semi final 05 when we beat chelsea that 7mins injury time was a killer,3rd going to the Nou Camp and beating Barca.
      The Soloist
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -1 
      Reply #4: Nov 03, 2007 02:58:24 pm
      Was about to chastise you but can't find any evidence of a similar topic (although there is a Favourite European memories thread http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,2600.0.html)

So in response - my 3 most memorable LFC moments are:

- Istanbul 2005 - the most deliriously drunkenly happy moment as an adult Liverpool supporter

- AS Roma European Cup Final 1984 - a few months after my first trip to Anfield I remember watching the game with my dad as a 6 year old and hiding behind the sofa while the penalties were being taken.  Liverpool have made me continually bite my nails for the last 23 years.

- Chelsea game 2005 - I never thought I would experience an atmosphere at Anfield as electric as in the days of the standing Kop again until this semi-final

The semi-final against Chelsea was nerve wracking and when we left them behind! I partied too.
      Posted on: November 03, 2007, 02:54:33 PM
      In the last few years you cant top Istanbul so that would be 1st on the list,2nd the Semi final 05 when we beat chelsea that 7mins injury time was a killer,3rd going to the Nou Camp and beating Barca.

Beating Barca away was priceless
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #5: Nov 03, 2007 03:57:25 pm

1.   Last semi against Chelsea, May 07
      2.   Liverpool - Arsenal, the Crouch hattrick, March 07
      3.   FAcup Final 06, way too exciting....!!

Yeah.... I know one game is missing, but this is "My recent three most memorable Lfc moments"...
      And I honestly cant say I remember the Champions League Final in 05... I was too drunk. :-\
      Well, I guess I can say "Ch. League Final 05, first half..."  (but this isnt what we remember from that night, hehe)
      Really sad, but I guess theres time to add more great memories to my list. I trust Liverpool on that one.

:scarf:
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #6: Nov 03, 2007 04:18:12 pm
      1.   Last semi against Chelsea, May 07
      2.   Liverpool - Arsenal, the Crouch hattrick, March 07
      3.   FAcup Final 06, way too exciting....!!

Yeah.... I know one game is missing, but this is "My recent three most memorable Lfc moments"...
      And I honestly cant say I remember the Champions League Final in 05... I was too drunk. :-\
      Well, I guess I can say "Ch. League Final 05, first half..."  (but this isnt what we remember from that night, hehe)
      Really sad, but I guess theres time to add more great memories to my list. I trust Liverpool on that one.

:scarf:

Crouch was on fire! good memory.
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 18, 2007 11:54:44 pm
      Top has to be the late 80s team of Aldo Barnesy and Beardo, no one on the planet could have touched us  :f_doh:

Next would have to be the Cup Final of '89, an emotional day, thankfully we came out on top, the only result which would have been right  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Then I would have to say the Champions League Final in Istanbul, as it's the only European Cup win I can remember watching, I'll die a happy man seeing that, providing I see Stevie lift the Prem Trophy soon!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Nov 19, 2007 12:17:52 am
      Top has to be the late 80s team of Aldo Barnesy and Beardo, no one on the planet could have touched us  :f_doh:

Next would have to be the Cup Final of '89, an emotional day, thankfully we came out on top, the only result which would have been right  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Then I would have to say the Champions League Final in Istanbul, as it's the only European Cup win I can remember watching, I'll die a happy man seeing that, providing I see Stevie lift the Prem Trophy soon!!!

I think that's a very fair post that! Especially the 89 Cup Final. A very emotional day.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,290 posts | 4938 
      Reply #9: Nov 19, 2007 12:20:14 am
      Along the lines of what I was thinking. We must be around the same age as I was struggling to think of any other memorable moments to top those while I have been supporting the Pool
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Nov 19, 2007 01:04:04 am

This is certainly my first most nervous memorable moment. My mum was pregnant with my younger sister at the time and I'm surprised she didn't give birth that night because she was due a few weeks later! We pulled the sofa up close to the telly so there was plenty of room behind it to hide....but no. I had to go into the back garden when it came down to pens. It was weird. All the birds in the trees had stopped tweeting. It was silent. Thankfully, I got a grip of myself and came back in to witness Bruce's spaghetti legs! And we all know what happened after that...
      Ironic thing is - and JD, I wonder if you feel the same? - us going into Istanbul I was fairly confident I could hold it together. I'd witnessed the back garden nerves and thought nothing could push me to those limits again......let alone surpass. How wrong and joyful I was!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: Nov 19, 2007 07:19:02 am
      1. Istanbul 2005. Classic moment in Liverpool history.
      2. Chelsea Semi Final 2007
      3. Chelsea Semi Final 2005 / Stevie G's hit against West Ham FA Cup Final 06
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Nov 19, 2007 07:27:12 am
      Stevie G's hit against West Ham FA Cup Final 06

Oh man! That one literally took my breath away!!
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #13: Nov 19, 2007 09:22:29 am
      Oh man! That one literally took my breath away!!

I was all alone in a foreign city watching that on the telly...and it automatically lifted me from my seat...I didn't even realise i was up...Stevie is the man!

And the specific moment that moved me in Istanbul was right after Stevie scored and GESTURED to the Liverpool crowd to "GET UP"...as if saying "C'mon guys we can still do this"...

But my favourite strike was the one against Olympiakos when we needed to win by a 2 goal margin to stay in the Cup that we eventually won in dramatic style. After that disallowed goal I was starting to doubt that we'll make it...but Stevie came through yet again. What made it extra special was the fact that it was on my birthday (08 December)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #14: Nov 19, 2007 10:56:50 am
      1. Champions league 2005 in Istanbul- Boring I know but I think it is probably always going to be our number one, unless they top it of course!

2.  Liverpool 5 Alaves 4 UEFA cup final- To be in Dortmund to see the reds win with a golden goal will stay with me for ever even if I was close to a coronary every time they attacked! Once again the red army took over the stadium and thanks to Gary Macs cross and Geli’s head all was well in the end.

2. Liverpool 3 St Etienne 1 March 77- I know you said recent but 77 is to me! ;D

On the Kop as a fourteen year old with 55,000 in the ground going ballistic as David Fairclough scores the 84th minute goal that gets us through to the next round.
      I know it sounds cheesy but I am sure I had an outer body experience! Have you ever been so overjoyed that lord take me now enters your head? ;D

Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #15: Nov 19, 2007 11:13:50 am
      My three...

1. Undenialbly, the greatest Champions League Final in History, Istanbul 2005. I will never forget what that felt like, to be champions against all odds.

2. Stevie G's stunner against West Ham in the FA Cup Final Last year.

3. The last time we beat Manure...
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,129 posts | 454 
      Reply #16: Nov 20, 2007 07:35:16 pm
      My three:

Istanbul
      FA cup final 2001
      I can't remember the date but the game against Everton when Rush pulled Southall pants down 5-0.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #17: Nov 20, 2007 08:40:38 pm
      My three are:

1) Liverpool in the Champions league final 2005 - one of the best finals ever.
      2) Liverpool in the FA Cup final 2006- who can forget Stevie G's goal right at the end.
      3) Tough one but probably the thrashing of Arsenal with Crouch's hattrick.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #18: Nov 20, 2007 08:49:37 pm
      My three:

Istanbul
      FA cup final 2001
      I can't remember the date but the game against Everton when Rush pulled Southall pants down 5-0.

It was 6th November 1982 when Ian Rush scored 4, Mark Lawrenson the other at Goodison, ironically it was exactly the same date all these years later that we had that marvelous win against Besiktas a couple of weeks ago, when we thumped 8 past them, must be a luck date for scoring lots of goals :laugh:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,129 posts | 454 
      Reply #19: Nov 20, 2007 09:06:49 pm
      Thats amazing on the same date.  Cheers for that Ms Gerrard.  Besiktas are better than Everton or lets say they're a bigger club at least day....!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20: Nov 20, 2007 09:15:51 pm
      Thats amazing on the same date.  Cheers for that Ms Gerrard.  Besiktas are better than Everton or lets say they're a bigger club at least day....!

Glad to be of service King Kenny......We all agree Besiktas are better than Everton :lmao:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: Nov 20, 2007 09:57:52 pm

I know it sounds cheesy but I am sure I had an outer body experience! Have you ever been so overjoyed that lord take me now enters your head? ;D

Glenbuck, I know exactly what your talking about, the excitement gets that much you feel like your head is gonna explode  !!  Happy Days !!

My memorable moments are:

1.  Istanbul - there will never be a final like that again - ever !  (unless we go to Russia next year !! :D)

2.  CL Semi Final 2005 - Ickle Luis's goal putting Chelski out  ;D

3.  Stevie G's Olympiakos goal

All recent I know, but they make the hairs stand up on my neck and give me goosebumps all over just reading about them  ;D 
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 20, 2007 10:12:08 pm
      in at number 3 is being inside anfield for luis garcias belter against juve

in at number 2 is being inside anfield for the 2005 semi against chelsea wot a night wot an atmosphere

and the big number 1 is.......drum roll.......can you guess.....yes thats right being inside the ataturk stadium to watch stevie g lift the european cup i will never experience a night like that again for as long as i live.

Quick Reply