Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (1.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Connor Randall
      1 (0.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (3.8%)
      Emre Can
      9 (5.6%)
      Joe Allen
      26 (16.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      4 (2.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      38 (23.8%)
      Divock Origi
      70 (43.8%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Brad Smith
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Voting closed: Dec 06, 2015 09:43:27 pm

Southampton 1-6 (SIX) Liverpool: In game and Post Match Jubilation

Read 40594 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Re: Southampton 1-6 (SIX) Liverpool: In game and Post Match Jubilation
      Reply #644: Dec 02, 2015 10:28:45 pm
      can someone please help me with this MOTM thingy. Did anyone notice Bogdan he is a really cool dude and he can kick with both feet without needing a touch. Got to give it to Origi he has had a torrid time here and tonight he really did comeout of his shell .but then what about Daniels goals or that pass from Can any chance of putting the team up for MOTM

Shame Jürgen is not a option mate.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #645: Dec 02, 2015 10:29:06 pm
      Thought I'd tune into Talk Sport, it's like a bunch of pissed up thugs on there (both callers and presenters). They're all clueless.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #646: Dec 02, 2015 10:29:24 pm
      can someone please help me with this MOTM thingy. Did anyone notice Bogdan he is a really cool dude and he can kick with both feet without needing a touch. Got to give it to Origi he has had a torrid time here and tonight he really did comeout of his shell .but then what about Daniels goals or that pass from Can any chance of putting the team up for MOTM

I went for Danny as I believe it was his goals that set us on our way and gave us the belief and confidence to put in such a comprehensive performance.

vote for Danny ... you know it makes sense :)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,310 posts | 768 
      Reply #647: Dec 02, 2015 10:29:42 pm
      Watched the game in my local, brilliant performance from all the lads. I just hope that they do not switch off, against Newcastle on Sunday.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1643 
      Reply #648: Dec 02, 2015 10:31:32 pm
      WHAT A PERFORMANCE.

Destroyed them, what a complete performance, this was a good team and a strong line up we played and we wiped the floor with them.

Who can stop us if we play like this?
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #649: Dec 02, 2015 10:34:25 pm
      no one
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #650: Dec 02, 2015 10:39:16 pm

"Are Liverpool contenders for the title? You can only go on what we saw tonight and things can change quickly.

This was mesmerising.

It was a complete performance and a big warning to the rest of the league. The challenge for Jürgen Klopp and Liverpool now is to find a way to break down teams who will go to Anfield, sit deep and not allow Liverpool to play through them, but there is something very good happening.

"People talk about a ‘new-manager bounce’, but this is a complete change of direction from the [Brendan Rodgers regime]. Everyone looks happy and everyone knows his job. You would not play that way if you did not believe in what you were doing.

"If you forget the first 10 minutes, it was almost the perfect performance from Liverpool. Daniel Sturridge’s two goals were just a little taster. There is more to come from him. It was wonderful."

Steve Claridge
      Radio 5 Live tonight.

On Channel 5   Hour Long at 11 tonight.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #651: Dec 02, 2015 10:40:41 pm
      WHAT A PERFORMANCE.

Destroyed them, what a complete performance, this was a good team and a strong line up we played and we wiped the floor with them.

Who can stop us if we play like this?

Let us not count our chickens yet - wait until we win the league.  :f_tongueincheek:

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,310 posts | 768 
      Reply #652: Dec 02, 2015 10:43:31 pm
      Need to find  the same sort of form at home, scoring goals, then things will really start looking up.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #653: Dec 02, 2015 10:44:10 pm

"Are Liverpool contenders for the title? You can only go on what we saw tonight and things can change quickly.

This was mesmerising.

It was a complete performance and a big warning to the rest of the league. The challenge for Jürgen Klopp and Liverpool now is to find a way to break down teams who will go to Anfield, sit deep and not allow Liverpool to play through them, but there is something very good happening.

"People talk about a ‘new-manager bounce’, but this is a complete change of direction from the [Brendan Rodgers regime]. Everyone looks happy and everyone knows his job. You would not play that way if you did not believe in what you were doing.

"If you forget the first 10 minutes, it was almost the perfect performance from Liverpool. Daniel Sturridge’s two goals were just a little taster. There is more to come from him. It was wonderful."

Steve Claridge
      Radio 5 Live tonight.

On Channel 5   Hour Long at 11 tonight.

Just giving the commentary a listen for the goals, I forgot how good it used to be listening to the matches on the radio.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #654: Dec 02, 2015 10:45:44 pm
      I have voted Emre Can MOTM for a few games now.

His incredible pass was Alonso style.

Tonight the real hero was Lucas.    The man is immense.   MOTM.

Couldn't agree more mate.

What a performance, stunning. I wonder who the last team to score 6 against Southampton were and more specifically how long ago it was?

Isn't it nice to know that if we go one down we don't necessarily concede another too? The confidence in the lads has gone from near depression to jubilation and one man to thank for that, Klopp you're a genius!

Into the semi's in the style of a team with all the credentials to win it, a nice draw and who knows that merseyside derby might await for the final.

Studge back in the side and Origi scoring a hat-trick?!?! Did not expect that part I must admit, his second was a cracking strike but I think he's a little cheeky taking the first but fair enough if it touched it touched. Credit to Can for his passing and Brad Smith what a cross for Origi's header, a thing of beauty that, power, whip and accuracy a striker's dream that.

Devastating and will send a bit of a shock wave around the league that, expect many more extremely negative displays against us now, love it!!!!
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #655: Dec 02, 2015 10:47:34 pm
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #656: Dec 02, 2015 10:47:53 pm
      I just typed a long winded post as to why I chose Lallana as MOTM and my WiFi dropped.

So basically, we had a lot of lads who were boss tonight but Lallana was more boss because he was boss for every second on the pitch, every touch, every challenge, every yard. All this amid a sea of boos for his every movement. Get in Adam lad.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #657: Dec 02, 2015 10:53:06 pm
      They say you can't polish a turd , so Jürgen Klopp turned them into gold bars instead . I can't F***ing believe what i'm seeing unfold before my eyes i really didn't think he'd turn the sh*t around so quick . 6 months maybe or so but not this quick . Apart from the first ten minutes it was incredible to watch, the guile and grit is there in black and white for all to see . I feel like we could take on the world right now and that's the truth and if i was a Manc i'd be very worried indeed .
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1643 
      Reply #658: Dec 02, 2015 10:57:07 pm
      When did we last score six! SIX!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #659: Dec 02, 2015 11:04:44 pm
      No Clyne, no Milner and no Coutinho. Origi up top? F****** hell hope the boss knows what he's doing (well I know he "knows what he's doing" but you get my drift).

Guess he knew what he was doing!

:lmao:

Not a dig mate, just one of many concerns pre-match that I noticed, some as harsh as "what the f**k!"

Isn't it nice you can have total confidence in a guy knowing he's got a plan in mind. Probably the most frustrating thing at the end of Brendan's tenure for me was the we kept repeating the same mistakes, churning out the same system, the same turgid sh*t no matter who the opponent was or how they were playing.

We're winning and we're changing, we're playing to our strengths and highlighting their weaknesses, we're playing players in correct positions and suddenly everything seems simple. Quality people make difficult things look simple and Jürgen is doing that right now. Adopting a diamond formation, one that people were screaming for Brendan to play and it results in 6-1 away from home with 2 strikers up top, couldn't ask for more personally.

Fantastic!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,361 posts | 1637 
      Reply #660: Dec 02, 2015 11:08:25 pm
      When did we last score six! SIX!!
      Think it was against Cardiff 6 3
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #661: Dec 02, 2015 11:13:07 pm
      Joe Allen got my vote ,he`s had a hard time from many me included for a long long  time ,tonight he showed he maybe  does have something to offer .

Newcastle odds from Bet Fare
      0-4 .  25/1
      0-5 .  50/1
      0-6 .  150/1
      0-7 .  300/1   

Got to have 4  £5 bets it would be stupid not to
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #662: Dec 02, 2015 11:13:24 pm
      Well, I wasn't expecting that, especially going a goal behind so early. Klopp has rejuvenated this team!
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #663: Dec 02, 2015 11:15:14 pm
      Love that pass from Emre for Danny's second goal.  Great skill, of which I think we will see a lot more. Sturridge, fantastic.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #664: Dec 02, 2015 11:16:58 pm
      Its great not being mediocre........
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #665: Dec 02, 2015 11:18:02 pm
      Ordinary even
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #666: Dec 02, 2015 11:20:54 pm
      Guess he knew what he was doing!

:lmao:

Not a dig mate, just one of many concerns pre-match that I noticed, some as harsh as "what the f**k!"

Isn't it nice you can have total confidence in a guy knowing he's got a plan in mind. Probably the most frustrating thing at the end of Brendan's tenure for me was the we kept repeating the same mistakes, churning out the same system, the same turgid sh*t no matter who the opponent was or how they were playing.

We're winning and we're changing, we're playing to our strengths and highlighting their weaknesses, we're playing players in correct positions and suddenly everything seems simple. Quality people make difficult things look simple and Jürgen is doing that right now. Adopting a diamond formation, one that people were screaming for Brendan to play and it results in 6-1 away from home with 2 strikers up top, couldn't ask for more personally.

Fantastic!
      We're making good teams look bad and it's been done with a team that was all but given up on . And to look at the bench and have no concerns is a major boost , we're coming out of injuries "tip wood" at the right time as well . Exciting times ahead .

Quick Reply