Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      26 (28.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      3 (3.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      22 (24.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (3.3%)
      Joe Allen
      6 (6.6%)
      James Milner
      4 (4.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordon Ibe
      22 (24.2%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (3.3%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Dec 10, 2015 06:16:09 pm

Newcastle Utd 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 33597 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Newcastle Utd 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #552: Dec 06, 2015 08:36:06 pm
      Having Lucas, Milner and Allen perhaps is what that has caused our immobility. 3 are very slow moving players. Hopefully Klopp realises that.

Movement of Benteke and Firminho were a problem in that regard too, there was only Ibe really offering an out ball for our midfielders and Moreno and Clyne when they ventured forward, Benteke was really poor, woeful even and every thing that Firmino touched was miscontrolled, bounced back of him for the most part, just wasn't working for him.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #553: Dec 06, 2015 08:40:30 pm
      Movement of Benteke and Firminho were a problem in that regard too, there was only Ibe really offering an out ball for our midfielders and Moreno and Clyne when they ventured forward, Benteke was really poor, woeful even and every thing that Firmino touched was miscontrolled, bounced back of him for the most part, just wasn't working for him.

Firminho is blowing hot and cold, Klopp must demand more from him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #554: Dec 06, 2015 08:44:40 pm
      PS. Approached the MOTM vote with trepidation.  Hovered over my chosen person - clicked - and found I was with the consensus. Weird!

Just about to put myself in the same predicament. .....
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #555: Dec 06, 2015 08:49:38 pm
      I picked A.Moreno as MOTM.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #556: Dec 06, 2015 08:50:19 pm
      Flipping worthless display. Waited on morning, didn't check twitter or anything so I could watch the game recorded and then sat through that horrendously flat display. 

I wouldn't even vote for a man of the match, none of them deserved it.

Was disgusted with Milner's display especially, gave the ball away or lost possession almost everytime he had it. Lallana should have started in place of Milner and Sturridge in place of Firmino. Might have had some creativity then.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #557: Dec 06, 2015 08:50:28 pm
      if you are Lallana,Origi,Sturridge or even Bogdan after today you have to feel a bit let down you didn't get to start. I think so many of us looked forward to todays game not because we could destroy them by 6 goals but because a win would do something we haven't done for some time and that is to make the most of a great opportunity to move up the table.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #558: Dec 06, 2015 08:51:08 pm
      I agree the interview was good, but I hope Jürgen is getting good advice not just about tactics but also about the character of clubs we are playing against. There is no doubt in my mind for instance that had we scored in the first twenty minutes today Newcastles fans would have turned on them and they'd have caved in. If it was the case that we thought Sturridge only had a half in him, or Lallana I would have started with them.

You could see them growing into the game as time went on and as the crowd livened up, and we should have been going all out to put them to the sword in the first quarter hour. Of course once they did get up for, the writing was on the wall a long time before the og. Not a game IMHO to make six changes from a team which had just won 6-1, and I think the boss had an off day today. 

Agree Mick. Didn't like the side one bit but I was still surprised how easily our midfield got turned time and time again. Far too many 4 & 5 out of 10s today. Back 4 were okay but I can't give credit anywhere else. Ibe? A little but the final product was dung again.

Still win the league, though. It's all part of the build up to the extra exciting end.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #559: Dec 06, 2015 08:51:13 pm
      Flipping worthless display. Waited on morning, didn't check twitter or anything so I could watch the game recorded and then sat through that horrendously flat display. 

I wouldn't even vote for a man of the match, none of them deserved it.

Was disgusted with Milner's display especially, gave the ball away or lost possession almost everytime he had it. Lallana should have started in place of Milner and Sturridge in place of Firmino. Might have had some creativity then.

did you notice his pre match interview he seemed totally not up for this.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #560: Dec 06, 2015 08:52:37 pm
      OK so going forward I would love to see Benteke, Milner and now Origi used as impact subs.

Best 11 -

Migs
        Clyne Skrtel/Lovren, Sakho, Moreno
                               Lucas
                            Can Hendo
                   Firmino          Coutinho
                               Studge

As soon as is possible, this is the team we need for all the "should win" games. No resting no risks.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #561: Dec 06, 2015 09:07:53 pm
      If your Klopp who do you consider from todays line up you can trust. The back four didn't do too much wrong the Og was unlucky and the second a cause of pushing for an equaliser.
      Midfield Ibe still obviously needs to improve some great runs but final ball selection shows immaturity. Lucas he had a bad day for him today and reflected the team performance. Allen after a good game at Southampton was back to late tackles and being bullied of the ball.
      Milner nothing to say. So Firmino who is he and what does he do he has only had a couple of decent games here and only when we had Couthino and Lallana playing. Sion game will be interesting because I cant see many of those lads  playing at the weekend having already qualified.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #562: Dec 06, 2015 09:15:05 pm
      Jürgen got it wrong there is no two ways about it, he is human after all.

Abysmal performance from the "captain" how a player of so many international and domestic matches in his legs can not do some of the basics is annoying, frustrating and embarrassing at times. Lucas was just as poor and I will probably be a minority in saying this Allen was probably the best of those 3 but still a long way off.

Interesting to see how people have given little criticism to the performance of Benteke and Firmino. Benteke made Balotelli look like a workhorse tonight and had Mario put that display on people would have been up in arms. Firmino for me was the worst of the lot  let's put the lack of pressing and running aside for a moment, as a "number 10" behind the striker you can not play one touch football and spray around 5 yard passes there was no creativity from him at all, did not bother taking on a man with the ball and in general looked like he could not be arsed.

Piss poor all around we deserved nothing from the game only positive is that Jürgen called it the way it was...sh*t!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #563: Dec 06, 2015 09:17:19 pm
      So Firmino who is he and what does he do he has only had a couple of decent games here and only when we had Couthino and Lallana playing.

Takes a long time to bed into this league mate. Some of his poorer games have been poor though. His workrate is class although the weight of his passes etc are shockin - which you cant really blame on the type of football. He needs to sort it out.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #564: Dec 06, 2015 09:29:34 pm
      Lucas and Lovren have done little wrong under Klopp so take that sh*te over to the knee jerk thread.

Agree .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #565: Dec 06, 2015 09:42:31 pm
      If Hendo and Can were in that midfield, we'd have had it wrapped up by half time

Klopp knows his best 11

No panic
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #566: Dec 06, 2015 09:43:13 pm
      I would love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #567: Dec 06, 2015 09:56:03 pm
      Disappointing, a win would have been part of a big catch up on the top 4, but alas it was not to be.  Let's move on to the next game and secure a win.  I agree with other posters, Jürgen will have learnt a lot from today, and it is clear from his post-match comments both here and after the Palace game, that it hurts when we lose.  I just hope the players feel the same way.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #568: Dec 06, 2015 10:16:15 pm
      Disappointed but the result should at least bring everyone back down to earth!
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #569: Dec 06, 2015 10:25:10 pm
      Missed the game. Just seen the result now.

That's typical Liverpool though. Beat the good teams, then lose to a team we should have beaten with a 5-a-side team. Ridiculous. Massively disappointed, and a few comments I read indicate that we deserved it too.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #570: Dec 06, 2015 10:29:59 pm
      So frustrating when you've shown such good form to see such a lacklustre performance against a poor side. It was so obvious we needed to avoid complacency as well given how everyone was predicting a riot and Newcastle were in need of a response. I just think we need to make this a reference point for future moments along the lines of: Don't f*cking think you can just turn up and it will happen.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #571: Dec 06, 2015 11:27:55 pm
      I see Benteke as a problem not in his ability but in the way we play when he is in the side.  How many crosses did he head today?. what crosses is the answer. Also kicking the ball over the bar from 3 yards is a very difficult thing to do and we have to take those chances.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #572: Dec 07, 2015 12:06:45 am
      This was a poor performance and disappointing result. However, I think the most important he thing is to not overreact to it. We need to treat this like a blip in the radar and be confident that we will get back to the scintillating, attack minded footie we gave been playing lately. The reality is that the game probably deserved to end 0-0. Neither team really did enough to "deserve" the 3 points..... but unfortunate OG's happen, and poor offsides calls happen.  We have benefitted 2x already this season on poor offsides calls, so we can't be too upset about this one going against us....

No sense sulking about this one.  Learn from it, work hard in training, and right the wrong next game!!
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #573: Dec 07, 2015 12:34:07 am
      Didn't see that coming at all,very disappointed on so many levels, just got to pick ourselves up and start again big fella will have marked a few cards today tho IMO.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #574: Dec 07, 2015 01:19:49 am
      F***ing crap.

Benteke was woeful, should never have started. He changes the way we play and it's for the worse. Save the 32 million pounder for the 70th.
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2015 01:30:50 am by Beerbelly »

Quick Reply