Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (4.3%)
      James Milner
      4 (4.3%)
      Emre Can
      14 (14.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      34 (36.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      4 (4.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      27 (28.7%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Dec 19, 2015 06:05:00 pm

Liverpool 2-2 West Brom: In game and Post match debate

Read 35253 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 West Brom: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #552: Dec 13, 2015 09:39:46 pm
      Lovren left the ground on crutches and the manager said he hopes the results of a scan will not prove too serious.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2015/12/13/18317122/klopp-hopeful-lovren-injury-isnt-too-severe

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #553: Dec 13, 2015 09:45:54 pm

He looks like that creepy PE teacher with the dark seedy rumours that forever surrounds him you know the ones.... where he "accidentally" walked into the girls changing room' etc etc.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #554: Dec 13, 2015 09:54:25 pm
      Lovren left the ground on crutches and the manager said he hopes the results of a scan will not prove too serious.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2015/12/13/18317122/klopp-hopeful-lovren-injury-isnt-too-severe

that's good news because if his continued improvements take him through to the end of the season he would be quite a player come May
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #555: Dec 13, 2015 09:57:37 pm
      He looks like that creepy PE teacher with the dark seedy rumours that forever surrounds him you know the ones.... where he "accidentally" walked into the girls changing room' etc etc.

Ha, Yeah... We had a Maths teacher like him..carried a cane around with him and got off using it on a regular basis..
      nasty man !!

I dare any West Brom fan to say they are happy to have him as their manager..
      No ambition whatsoever

One f**king big empty trophy cabinet !! :lmao:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #556: Dec 13, 2015 10:07:13 pm
      Mixed feelings after that game.
      So frustrating to have started well, got the goal and then let them back in like that.

I thought we played pretty well back to front, but lack of a killer touch, plus dodgy goalie cost us.
      Why is it teams like west brom can deliver consistently dangerous set pieces, while ours are consistently sh*te, and have been for years? Such a big part of the game. They did f**k all else all game but still got 2 goals, and nearly 3, from them. We get loads more free kicks n corners and cause them zero problems from them.

Thought the crowd was the biggest plus - worth a few points if it stays that noisy, good to hear.
      Think the stick benteke's getting is harsh - he was getting pulled and fouled all game. From their point of view it was good defending. He wasnt great, but not that bad either.

Hard to defend mignolet though, basically cost us the win.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 342 
      Reply #557: Dec 13, 2015 10:16:02 pm
      Strange times to be an LFC fan.  The roof comes off after a draw with WBA, where adrift in mid-table and yet it feels (again) as if we're on the verge of another title charge!

Somebody sit me down and explain to me what the merry hell is going on?!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #558: Dec 13, 2015 10:19:19 pm
      that's good news because if his continued improvements take him through to the end of the season he would be quite a player come May

We can only hope.
      Would you think Lovren's gashed knee is the result of over polished boots?
      Badly tied laces?
      Raised studs impacting at speed?

That joke referee should never be allowed to F**k any other games up outside of Sunday League alehouse matches, F***ing disgrace.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 342 
      Reply #559: Dec 13, 2015 10:22:04 pm
      If I could put myself in Jürgen's trainers, I'd be looking at Scott Dann in January - a proper centre-back who knows how to defend a set piece, and a red too, I believe.  No disrespect to Skrtel and Lovren (or Mama for that matter) but the set piece defending is our Achilles heel and has been for too long. 
      A new keeper?  Hmm, I've defended Ming the merciless but I worry about his lack of authority and the effect it seems to have on our defence.  That said, he's kopped a lot of flack for their first goal but was impeded by Benteke, which meant that he couldn't get to the ball.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #560: Dec 13, 2015 10:26:00 pm
      Excuse me - did you not hear the fans at the end of the match? As the match wore on the fans got louder and louder. Let's not dwell on that - the fans did their bit today. Why do you think Klopp was pumped up and then brought the players to the KOP at the end.

wow, they got up for it for about 10 minutes towards the end of the match.

go watch one of Dortmund's home matches, they're singing for 90+ minutes, without stopping.

we used to do that.  now we're satisfied with "hey they sang for a few minutes at the end of the match."

felt sorry for Klopp at the end when he was having to get the supporters going himself.  they should be doing it no matter what.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #561: Dec 13, 2015 10:26:49 pm
      Forgetting the last five minutes, I genuinely believed that was Klopp's strongest performance at Anfield so far.

It was why I felt so angry five minutes from time and absolutely raging that I genuinely felt we were being f**king robbed here. A point took that pain away but it still felt like an injustice. I realise that some may think talking up the performance is useless if we can't get the points but I don't think so - last season we played well against Man Utd and felt aggrieved at the defeat but the performance was still much better than previous weeks. After that, we went on a good run. Now we have a better manager. - who is still implementing his methods remember, we can possibly sustain such form for longer without the nosedive terrible performances that culminated at the end of Rodgers reign.

Bar a couple of terrible performances from two Belgians (Benteke and Mignolet) and we should have won this comfortably. Hendo and Can put in a great steely show in midfield and their link up play with the guys in front of them (aside from Benteke who was just AWOL mostly) really took a hold of the game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #562: Dec 13, 2015 10:28:56 pm
      If I could put myself in Jürgen's trainers, I'd be looking at Scott Dann in January - a proper centre-back who knows how to defend a set piece, and a red too, I believe.  No disrespect to Skrtel and Lovren (or Mama for that matter) but the set piece defending is our Achilles heel and has been for too long. 
      A new keeper?  Hmm, I've defended Ming the merciless but I worry about his lack of authority and the effect it seems to have on our defence.  That said, he's kopped a lot of flack for their first goal but was impeded by Benteke, which meant that he couldn't get to the ball.

Don't be ridiculous Migs actually pushed Benteke our best header of the ball out of the way to get to the ball and then completely fu**ed up.

So not only is he useless but he is also brainless.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #563: Dec 13, 2015 10:28:59 pm

go watch one of Dortmund's home matches, they're singing for 90+ minutes, without stopping.

we used to do that.  now we're satisfied with "hey they sang for a few minutes at the end of the match."

felt sorry for Klopp at the end when he was having to get the supporters going himself.  they should be doing it no matter what.

Like you'd know a good fanbase considering you support F***ing Chelsea. How is it down your end of the table btw? F**k off back to The Shed End you troll.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #564: Dec 13, 2015 10:32:32 pm

Just the kind of cancerous comment we have come to expect from you irrespective of the result.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #565: Dec 13, 2015 10:33:02 pm
      What a load of sh*t, what is the point in playing Migs? The amount of goals he has been responsible for since arriving is beyond a joke. Pathetic excuse of a keeper.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #566: Dec 13, 2015 10:33:21 pm
      My ratings:

Mignolet: Obviously targeted as a weakness by West Brom and clearly demonstrated that they were spot on for doing so. Like too many of our players he falls apart once he's made a glaring error, and once he'd gifted them the equaliser he got progressively worse. All three of the goals we conceded he was culpable for (including the disallowed one) and we must be very close to the point when we make the change. Whether that change is to Bogdan right now or to another first chose keeper next month or the Summer I'm not sure, but I'd be very surprised if he's number one come the first game of next season.  3/10.

Enough is Enough

Mig Needs to leave the club. We must be ruthless if we want to return to the top 4

I'm obsessing. 
      This is getting to Rodgers' level.
      Roll on January .

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #567: Dec 13, 2015 10:36:41 pm
      thought some of our play was excellent poor finishing let us down as usual. Lots of positives the main one now only 18 days until the SALES
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #568: Dec 13, 2015 10:40:46 pm
      We can only hope.
      Would you think Lovren's gashed knee is the result of over polished boots?
      Badly tied laces?
      Raised studs impacting at speed?

That joke referee should never be allowed to f**k any other games up outside of Sunday League alehouse matches, f**king disgrace.

we used to call it "being a dirty b***ard" lets face it he "done him".
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #569: Dec 13, 2015 10:45:08 pm
      poor finishing let us down as usual

Along with an even poorer keeper
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #570: Dec 13, 2015 10:45:21 pm
      I may be alone here but nothing wrong with the team selection Jürgen went for. We knew, he knew, they knew and  everybody else knew how WBA will set up. It is a sad indictment on English football that fuckwits like Pulis are allowed to be given any credit and recognition for murdering the beautiful game. We had 70% possession and 28 attempts compared to their 4 at the end of the game. Despite the bus been parked we found plenty of gaps in it and had we been more clinical could have comfortably won. Coutinho missed a sitter from the penalty spot, Lallana was 1 on 1 Henderson had a sitter on the edge of the box all chances had they been converted would have put them to the sword.

My two biggest concerns were Mignolet for obvious reasons highlighted by all and Benteke. His lack of movement is starting to look like a problem for us and the 3 lads deployed behind him hoping Jürgen can sort something out there.

Ridicolous that despite us pulling the game to 2-2 Jürgen pumping the crowd up in the background you could see people still hitting for the exit gates, from the Kop end too!

There was 2 F***ing minutes to go, 2 minutes where and what can you do in those 2 extra minutes???
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #571: Dec 13, 2015 10:51:22 pm

so if we buy a finisher and a stopper we might do something this season.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #572: Dec 13, 2015 11:07:29 pm
      Can't believe on MoTD that Shearer actually thinks there was nothing wrong with Gardners "tackle" on Lovren. What a F***ing idiot! My estimation of him has gone down an awful lot. Horrendous challenge whether he meant it or not. And to think Skrtel got booked for making NO CONTACT at all!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #573: Dec 13, 2015 11:10:46 pm
      so if we buy a finisher and a stopper we might do something this season.

I'd like to think so
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #574: Dec 13, 2015 11:11:40 pm
      Can't believe on MoTD that Shearer actually thinks there was nothing wrong with Gardners "tackle" on Lovren. What a F***ing idiot! My estimation of him has gone down an awful lot. Horrendous challenge whether he meant it or not. And to think Skrtel got booked for making NO CONTACT at all!!

I can't believe you're shocked by it. He's the worst pundit on TV by some way.

Quick Reply