Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Sunderland v Liverpool Weds 30th Dec 19:45KO

Read 11082 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Sunderland v Liverpool Weds 30th Dec 19:45KO
      Dec 27, 2015 10:06:19 am
      The games are coming thick and fast, and we travel to Big Sam's Sunderland on Wednesday.

Sturridge took to Twitter to declare himself "good to go" after our win against Leicester yesterday, and that could be good timing as it looks like Origi could be our for a few weeks with a hamstring injury.

I'd expect to see this side:

Mignolet

Clyne
      Lovren
      Sakho
      Moreno

Henderson (c)
      Lucas
      Emre Can

Lallana
      Benteke
      Coutinho

Subs: Bogdan; Toure; Allen; Ibe, Teixeira; Sturridge, Firmino.

Former Red's Seb Coates and Fabio Borini are both expected to start for Sunderland.

Can see us winning this, 3-1 to us.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Sunderland v Liverpool Weds 30th Dec 19:45KO
      Reply #1: Dec 27, 2015 10:37:12 am
      Note to Benteke. The ball goes in that big rectangular thing with a net attached to it ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Dec 27, 2015 10:43:04 am
      Note to Benteke. The ball goes in that big rectangular thing with a net attached to it ;)

Bit of a mad comment after his goal gave us a 1 nil win yesterday.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #3: Dec 27, 2015 11:41:49 am
      I'm not Ben's biggest fan, but he is all that we have at the moment, so I will continue to support him. He's no Suarez the great dribbler, an area to improve but he does provide us goals with his head and volleys.

I'm expecting bullying tactics from big Sam ala Pulis in this game. So, Klopp must have learned a fair bit about that in the last few matches and hopefully he is much better prepared for this game.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2015 12:28:40 pm by redkop63 »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4: Dec 27, 2015 12:35:42 pm
      Sunderland... Away,...fat Sam.... Parking the bus...we must not lose...relegation favourites... With ex-half-reds in Coates & BorinI and ex manc hasbeens in Brown & o'shea none will trouble us much,

We should prevail however consistency isn't our strongest point if I'm honest,  Makems will come out fighting which would suit us nicely,
      But will they...?

We all know that Allardyce will play his anti -footballing tactics,  he and Pulis are of the same ilk, employ the same old englander style of negativity and non-entertainment,

So we will need to break them down,  again gaining midfield dominance will be pivotal,  I'd be tempted with a 3 of Henderson, Can & Coutinho,  providing support to Lallana,  Ibe, & Sturridge (if fit) Benteke if not,

Usual suspects at the back in..Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho,  Moreno,

Can't say how important a win from this would be, this league is still open,  and if anyone can go on a winning run of I dunno five /six they would be sitting very pretty by mid march,
      I could of course be taking absolute pish and the way things have been for us it's doubtful but, never say never eh!

It would be typical of us after beating the league leaders to falter at the stadium of sh*te, but in all honesty I don't think that will happen, 
      It really all depends on the players attitudes and mentality,
      That, positivity,  good tactics and a wee bit of Lady luck should see us take all 3points,

0_3 Liverpool,

Coutinho,  Benteke,  Lallana bagging the goodies,

YNWA

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,733 posts | 7166 
      Reply #5: Dec 27, 2015 01:04:28 pm
      Sunderland... Away,...fat Sam.... Parking the bus...we must not lose...relegation favourites... With ex-half-reds in Coates & BorinI and ex manc hasbeens in Brown & o'shea none will trouble us much,

We should prevail however consistency isn't our strongest point if I'm honest,  Makems will come out fighting which would suit us nicely,
      But will they...?

We all know that Allardyce will play his anti -footballing tactics,  he and Pulis are of the same ilk, employ the same old englander style of negativity and non-entertainment,

So we will need to break them down,  again gaining midfield dominance will be pivotal,  I'd be tempted with a 3 of Henderson, Can & Coutinho,  providing support to Lallana,  Ibe, & Sturridge (if fit) Benteke if not,

Usual suspects at the back in..Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho,  Moreno,

Can't say how important a win from this would be, this league is still open,  and if anyone can go on a winning run of I dunno five /six they would be sitting very pretty by mid march,
      I could of course be taking absolute pish and the way things have been for us it's doubtful but, never say never eh!

It would be typical of us after beating the league leaders to falter at the stadium of sh*te, but in all honesty I don't think that will happen, 
      It really all depends on the players attitudes and mentality,
      That, positivity,  good tactics and a wee bit of Lady luck should see us take all 3points,

0_3 Liverpool,

Coutinho,  Benteke,  Lallana bagging the goodies,

YNWA

that's the thing mate if we lost 1-0 it wouldn't surprise me and if we win 5-0 I would be equally unsurprised. just a win will do
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Dec 27, 2015 01:12:48 pm
      Yes we have a long way to go to get a little consistency
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #7: Dec 27, 2015 02:06:13 pm
      Consistency is our greatest enemy at the moment but I'm sure Klopp will get it right given time. Klopp must have realised by now that different tactical approach  is needed for different opponents as the saying, different strokes for different folks. Smashimg 6 past the Saints doesn't mean that the same tactics will work for the next opponent. I'm sure Klopp already has  a few tactical combos up his sleeve. Not gonna predict that we're gonna smash Sunderland to smithereens but a 1-0 win will do just fine for me.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #8: Dec 27, 2015 02:13:24 pm
      Didn't think we would win yesterday, so 6 points would be luvly. Not sure how Jürgen will approach this. I just hope we go for it and overwhelm them with our quick passing.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: Dec 27, 2015 02:32:03 pm
      I think a more patient approach to this game would be better suited to the heavy metal football we have seen vs Leicester. Lucas to come in with Benteke as our 9.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #10: Dec 27, 2015 02:43:02 pm
      Bit of a mad comment after his goal gave us a 1 nil win yesterday.

It's called Sarcasm. I would expect and hope the players took the piss out of him for missing that yesterday. That's what banter is about.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Dec 27, 2015 02:43:39 pm
      Should bag the three points and finally get some momentum going.

Borini popped in a late one yesterday  so expect him still to have a point to prove to LFC.

Coates was next to useless v City. Was happy to offload him.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 342 
      Reply #12: Dec 27, 2015 02:54:28 pm
      Stick to 4-4-2, I think the players looked really comfortable with it yesterday.

Two strikers (Benteke and Firmino, most likely) for those lumbering lumps Coates and O'Shea to deal with. 

I agree that Borini will have a point to prove, so we'll need to defend in organized fashion (4-4-2 makes it easier), as we did against Leicester.

I predict 2-1 to LFC.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #13: Dec 27, 2015 03:10:46 pm
      I'd probably opt for the same team with Benteke on for Origi. If Milner is fit, perhaps bring him into the starting lineup and give one of Lallana / Coutinho a rest.

I'd like to see the same direct approach with structured buildup and high pressing. An early goal would be huge for us!!  Fancy us to beat this lot, but as always, we need to show up and put in a shift to get the points. 
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 342 
      Reply #14: Dec 27, 2015 03:27:33 pm
      After the Boxing day game, the interesting thing - the thing that will test the players' resilience, is if we go behind.

That's when head's dropped against Watford.  It's a situation we obviously didn't have to face against Leicester.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #15: Dec 27, 2015 03:39:33 pm
      Not the type of game to play Benteke or have extra defensive cover in midfield. Pace and counter attacking is probably the best approach. I'd say they don't have enough quality to deal with skill and movement. I'd go with

Migs
      Coyne  Lovren    Sakho    Moreno

Hendo   Can

Ibe           Couts       Lallana

Firminho
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #16: Dec 27, 2015 04:11:52 pm
      Play the way we did against Leicester yesterday and the result is in the bag. However, turn up like we did to Newcastle/Watford and we'll struggle to get any points. Never underestimate the opponent, regardless if they're supposedly canon fodder. Put the effort in, make our own luck and football gods willing, we'll get a comfortable win. 1-3 red men!!
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #17: Dec 27, 2015 06:24:36 pm
      It's not going to be an easy game as I expect them to sit back and hit us on a counter. Playing big ben and ensuring we got bodies in the box for crosses (which I think they'll tactically allow) may be a solution for a first goal before the preferred ground balls.

However, the most important thing is that fierce hunger for the ball in all areas of the pitch in measures greater than the opposition irrespective of the quality and tactics deployed. Only few teams in the world have a panacea for oppositions with such desire.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18: Dec 28, 2015 02:16:36 am
      F**k, didn't realise/forgot fat Sam managed these.

Let's race into a 3 nil lead, and have Klopp looking at his watch!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Dec 28, 2015 04:43:12 am
      Sunderland's defence can't handle movement in the final third so i'll go for a front three of Firmino, Lallana and Coutinho again. If there's one thing they can handle, it's a big lump up front - typical of Allardyce sides. So i'd drop Benteke back to the bench.

Will be interesting to see what Jürgen does. Keep the same shape that worked against Leicester or switch it up again to suit Sunderland's style.

The fu**ed up thing is we play Wednesday and have 2 days off until the next game against West Ham. Meanwhile Everton, Spurs, Palace and Chelsea all play Monday and then get 4 days off. Bullshit.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #20: Dec 28, 2015 05:18:46 am
      Sunderland's defence can't handle movement in the final third so i'll go for a front three of Firmino, Lallana and Coutinho again. If there's one thing they can handle, it's a big lump up front - typical of Allardyce sides. So i'd drop Benteke back to the bench.

Will be interesting to see what Jürgen does. Keep the same shape that worked against Leicester or switch it up again to suit Sunderland's style.

The fu**ed up thing is we play Wednesday and have 2 days off until the next game against West Ham. Meanwhile Everton, Spurs, Palace and Chelsea all play Monday and then get 4 days off. Bullshit.

It's the same thing mate. They played on Saturday and again on Monday.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #21: Dec 28, 2015 06:26:54 am
      Going for a 3  1 win against fat Sam's men, time to string a couple of wins together.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #22: Dec 28, 2015 06:51:33 am
      I watched the Sunderland game against City where their defence struggled against the crosses into their box  resulted in a couple of goals conceded.  hence, I 'll start with big Ben, he'll be handful for them but we have Moreno putting those useless crosses into the box. The job must be assigned to either Milner or Hendo. Moreno is pretty useless in this area.
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2015 09:32:55 am by redkop63 »

Quick Reply