Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Sunderland v Liverpool Weds 30th Dec 19:45KO

Read 11003 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Sunderland v Liverpool Weds 30th Dec 19:45KO
      Reply #69: Dec 29, 2015 01:23:13 pm
      Pardew,Fat Sam, Pulis all horrible managers who have a massive chip on their shoulders. I hope we are 3-0 up after an hour and Jürgen goes and shakes hands with the horrible c**t.
      I can't say I am over confident but surely we must be due a game where everything hits the back of the net and an early goal against this lot should see them collapse. Ibe is well again not sure about Sturridge I think Jürgen wants more information about him and his problems before trusting him again. if he can't be assured of getting a run of games out of him I don't think he will risk him.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #70: Dec 30, 2015 04:48:36 am
      Few thoughts.
      Lovren looked good in the last game and just perhaps playing him at RCB will be the making of him.
      Sakho was pretty dire in his first game back so hopefully he will be better prepared for the next encounter
      Love Lucas but he has looked a tad lost recently so perhaps ALLEN, can and hendo is best?
      Hendo played some beautiful and smart passes in the last game and he is still making his way back, so that is very encouraging.
      Big Ben scored in the last game and has had plenty of attention in the media so I hope he starts and is allowed to show the lessons learnt.
      Lallana has been quietly impressive so far but needs now to get a goal or two in the league.
      Firmino has been absolutely dreadful. Really not sure where best to play him
      Against Sunderland we really should be looking at 3 points. Anything less is a failure.
      Looking forward to the return of flanno and studge in the coming week
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #71: Dec 30, 2015 05:28:52 am
      a win tonight would ldaveus only 9 points off the top, and 5 off forth place. A good run starting tonight, and the table could look a lot rosier in a few weeks. This is almost a must win match.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #72: Dec 30, 2015 05:31:56 am
      I think the more important point is that last season after 18 games the league was over for us, this season a win at Sunderland will put us only 9 points off the top and while a title challenge looks unlikely, at least we still have one foot in the game.

Let's hope Chelsea, United and City are all planning on sacking their managers at this point next season too. Any other year the title contenders would be well on their way by now. Leicester and Watford are top of the form table - it's a crazy season that's why we are still in touch not because of our own form. Points-wise there's little difference with Brendan so far.

EDIT: as I see you have pointed out in your "8 games thread".
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #73: Dec 30, 2015 05:53:32 am
      I expect us to play dirty in the earlier minutes and fluidly after we get a couple of goals in.

Dare to dream: 8-0 to LFC and we leap above ManU to 6th in the table.

That'll be a perfect new year gift.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #74: Dec 30, 2015 06:14:35 am
      EDIT: as I see you have pointed out in your "8 games thread".

And also in my previous post this thread :-

Liverpool are on 27 points after 18 games, only 12 points off the top with a game in hand. After 18 games last season we had 2 points less on 25 points but were 20 points off the top.

Anything seems possible this season.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #75: Dec 30, 2015 06:29:57 am
      Yep - fair play to you.

Sunderland should be a team that doesn't put up huge amounts of resistance for us. A number of the squad should be looking to get their scoring stats up.

From our goal difference it wouldn't be a surprise to see the Bitters and Saints above us in the table at this point so we need to start correcting that from this game.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #76: Dec 30, 2015 06:47:19 am
      After 19 games in the season we came second, Arsenal were top with 42 points we were in fifth 6 points behind on 36 points.

After 19 games this season, Arsenal are top with 39 points while we could be 7th only 9 points behind on 30 points if we win tonight.

We just need a second half of the season to remember.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #77: Dec 30, 2015 10:28:16 am
      After 19 games in the season we came second, Arsenal were top with 42 points we were in fifth 6 points behind on 36 points.

After 19 games this season, Arsenal are top with 39 points while we could be 7th only 9 points behind on 30 points if we win tonight.

If so, then nearly end of season in May we might look back at the result against WBA and Newcastle and cry out loud that if we have win those couple of games we can win the league :\

Our recent two times we miss a title, it's all the same story. We lost stupidly to team like Hull City (not disrespect to them) and cost us the league title that always make me mad when we lost in such games.

Expected a win this game anyway.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #78: Dec 30, 2015 10:58:20 am

Now that was a second half of a season to remember. 1 loss in 19 matches, 11 straight wins, 57 goals scored, 27 goals conceded. We beat at home: Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City. We beat away: Stoke, Man United, Southampton, West Ham.

Would take something special to equal that. We don't have the goals so need to find another way.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #79: Dec 30, 2015 11:40:55 am
      We played with my mates in the park the other day. Both teams were quiet even in terms of quality but we´d scored for fun. Goals. A lot of them. Some beauties, some lucky ones, own goals too. Finished 11:9 to us.

Just thinking why does it seem such a rocket science for Liverpool to score these days? Before every game I sit down and expect Liverpool to score a good few. Most of the time Im dissapointed. After we wouldnt score to save our lives, in the next match I expect even more goals. A goal explotion. It must be coming!

Even our terrible pub team explodes from time to time. Is this it? Has anyone have a feeling we´re gonna destroy this utter crap of a side? I do, as always, but we´ve scored just 21 times in 18 occasions this year so I´ll be probably let down again. Its a shame because I cant help but I just love goals.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #80: Dec 30, 2015 12:05:11 pm
      Pardew,Fat Sam, Pulis all horrible managers who have a massive chip on their shoulders. I hope we are 3-0 up after an hour and Jürgen goes and shakes hands with the horrible c**t.
      I can't say I am over confident but surely we must be due a game where everything hits the back of the net and an early goal against this lot should see them collapse. Ibe is well again not sure about Sturridge I think Jürgen wants more information about him and his problems before trusting him again. if he can't be assured of getting a run of games out of him I don't think he will risk him.

That game was Southampton wasn't it?

Know what you mean though. We do have the quality personnel to score two plus goals every game. But for whatever reasons, we're struggling on hitting the net. Just hope a change comes tonight...

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #81: Dec 30, 2015 12:23:14 pm
      That game was Southampton wasn't it?

Know what you mean though. We do have the quality personnel to score two plus goals every game. But for whatever reasons, we're struggling on hitting the net. Just hope a change comes tonight...

Without the strikers scoring it would be nice if our midfielders stepped up to the plate and started contributing more with goals.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2833 
      Reply #82: Dec 30, 2015 02:22:51 pm
      Thought the Watford game was the killer blow for us but apart from Spurs all the teams above us have dropped points at least once in the last two games since so it's a chance to gain some ground again.

7th, level with United and 5 off the top four would be nice come 10 o'clock tonight, let's get it done Redmen!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #83: Dec 30, 2015 02:34:39 pm
      a win please reds
      and hope we will see Klopp does the Rafa thing to fat sam vs Blackburn 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZBaf190H0

( maybe sam and red nose call  klopp 'arrogant, like they called rafa the c*nts )

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1536 
      Reply #84: Dec 30, 2015 02:50:11 pm
      I think fat sam may have fired them up to the point they'll come out like bulls in a china shop.
      I expect to see a physical mash up attempted by them, followed by hoofball and an airial battle in our box.
      We'll have to move the ball smartly and keep it on the ground to overcome that.
      Could be a red card for their over physical attitude I think.
      Fat Sams psyche could come back and bite him on the arse.
      Conditions likely to be dour tonight, so let's hope the right reds side turns up. I'm hoping for anything better than 1:3 but who knows. Strange results this season, but if we ever needed a convincing win, this is it !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #85: Dec 30, 2015 02:56:41 pm
      Another must win game for us. I don't score who scores, a win is a good present.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #86: Dec 30, 2015 03:03:10 pm
      Another must win game for us. I don't score who scores, a win is a good present.
      Where is a self belief? Go out there mate and score a brace please.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #87: Dec 30, 2015 03:06:56 pm
      nicked..

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #88: Dec 30, 2015 03:09:00 pm
      This would be my team today.

Mignolet

Clyne
      Lovren
      Sakho
      Moreno

Henderson
      Lucas
      Emre Can

Firmino
      Sturridge
      Coutinho
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #89: Dec 30, 2015 03:23:59 pm
      Think I have a bigger chance to shagg Serena Williams tonight than Sturridge starting  :)

Rumours that Benteke is on the bench with Lucas also omitted.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #90: Dec 30, 2015 03:26:43 pm
      Think I have a bigger chance to shagg Serena Williams tonight than Sturridge starting  :)

Rumours that Benteke is on the bench with Lucas also omitted.
      I agree Sturridge probably won't start. If I was manager I would start him since he is reported to be ready.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #91: Dec 30, 2015 03:29:09 pm
      F**k Sam Allardyce and i hate Sunderland fans. Just beat this bunch of thunder cu*ts.

That's all i have to say.

Quick Reply