Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      4 (3.4%)
      Connor Randall
      2 (1.7%)
      Jose Enrique
      2 (1.7%)
      Tiago Ilori
      2 (1.7%)
      Brad Smith
      69 (58.5%)
      Cameron Brannagan
      9 (7.6%)
      Kevin Stewart
      1 (0.8%)
      Ryan Kent
      6 (5.1%)
      Joao Teixeira
      15 (12.7%)
      Jerome Sinclair
      3 (2.5%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      0 (0%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      5 (4.2%)
      Joe Maguire
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Jan 13, 2016 10:00:27 pm

Exeter 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 37247 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Re: Exeter 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #529: Jan 08, 2016 10:28:52 pm
      They didn't let themselves down but some will be pissed they didn't go on and win it, others will feel great about coming back twice.  Some have impressed tonight, some were so so but it won't be the last opportunity they get under Jürgen.

They'll be buzzing about the replay and playing at Anfield as I doubt our injuries will have improved much in 2wks and they've earnt the right to a second go.

Good game that!

Well I enjoyed it Debs and I agree they deserve to finish the job at Anfield on a pitch that's playable.I certainly don't think they let us down, some may think they could have done better, but I'm sure they will get another chance! One thing is for sure, Jürgen won't be judging any of them on tonight's performance .

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #530: Jan 08, 2016 10:29:45 pm
      I am slowly realizing how good you are at this !

we all like a moan and we all make stupid comments but to come on with your first post and tell everyone your future is fu**ed is a bit harsh from someone who says they are a RED.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #531: Jan 08, 2016 10:30:18 pm
      That Ilori vote. Which piss head would have done that meaning to hit Brad Smith?

:f_whistle:

:ernaehrung004:
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Reply #532: Jan 08, 2016 10:30:56 pm
      No offense to any of his fans, but Texiera showing why he isn't getting first team action right now. We need someone to push Coutinho and Tex isn't showing me that he offers anything more.

2nd half did not get ball played to him and when we were in attack he was getting in good positions to receive the ball they passed it  side ways to some one else
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #533: Jan 08, 2016 10:31:02 pm
      Pay attention or you may miss this

I thought that Benteke played well in patches tonite, Now if he can manage that in a whole game he just might have a future at the club

Like the look of Kent going forward
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,367 posts | 6400 
      Reply #534: Jan 08, 2016 10:32:37 pm
      Pay attention or you may miss this

I thought that Benteke played well in patches tonite, Now if he can manage that in a whole game he just might have a future at the club

Like the look of Kent going forward

He played ok when the ball came near the box....problem is with our senior team, he needs to be moving and finding space BEFORE the ball gets to the penalty area. Still too much probing for me, make some space, smash in a cross or a shot and get on with it.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #535: Jan 08, 2016 10:32:48 pm
      Didn't know Bogdan's Mam was on the forum... 1 vote ...
      Redwanderer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #536: Jan 08, 2016 10:33:35 pm
      The youth players didn't let themselves down.
      Bogdan, Enrique and Benteke could leave tomorrow.

Anyway.
      Well done Mini Reds.

Maybe it's only me but I noticed how Benteke didn't celebrate that much when we equalised. Just grabbed the ball. As captain for the night and senior player I'd have thought he'd have encouraged the youngsters.

Disappointed to hear Klopp moan about the pitch. I wonder how many modern pros played the game on such pitches in their younger days. Just get on with it.

Overall though, I enjoyed the game and thought the lads stuck in there. Draw a fair result.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #537: Jan 08, 2016 10:33:59 pm
      Can't believe some of the comments on here during the match. Get a f**king grip you sad tw*ts we played a load of kids lots of whom had never played together before.  In my estimation we have some future stars there, Tex, Smith, Ojo, Kent. We go again.

Agreed, some people on here think we've got a divine right to win every match.  Good job the players and JK don't see it that way.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #538: Jan 08, 2016 10:35:52 pm
      Maybe it's only me but I noticed how Benteke didn't celebrate that much when we equalised. Just grabbed the ball. As captain for the night and senior player I'd have thought he'd have encouraged the youngsters.

Disappointed to hear Klopp moan about the pitch. I wonder how many modern pros played the game on such pitches in their younger days. Just get on with it.

Overall though, I enjoyed the game and thought the lads stuck in there. Draw a fair result.

Don't think he was moaning, just stating the bl**ding obvious!

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #539: Jan 08, 2016 10:38:06 pm

Agreed, Exeter deserved better from him and I expected better from a man of his decency.  I mean, what kind of pitch was he expecting?!
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #540: Jan 08, 2016 10:38:57 pm
      That Ilori vote. Which piss head would have done that meaning to hit Brad Smith?

It wasn't a man of the match performance but he did well considering he had the legendary Enrique next to him add what the kid has been through I think he took his chance really well and might have a future here.

PS I voted Smith :P
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,197 posts | 4406 
      Reply #541: Jan 08, 2016 10:39:13 pm

Not as bad as the Enrique vote............    ???

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #542: Jan 08, 2016 10:39:24 pm
      I'd rather see a smattering of experienced players in amongst these lads in the replay.

I think it will depend when it is and who is fit mate we are thin on the ground we have no Centre backs and only one CF available at present.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,367 posts | 6400 
      Reply #543: Jan 08, 2016 10:39:58 pm
      Agreed, Exeter deserved better from him and I expected better from a man of his decency.  I mean, what kind of pitch was he expecting?!

Was he saying Exeter should have done a better job preparing it or was he just making a comment that the players were having a rough time on a slick and patchy pitch. Something our players are not used to and theirs likely are.

Bit harsh to criticize Klopp for merely stating that we had trouble adjusting to the conditions.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #544: Jan 08, 2016 10:41:09 pm
      what about the two Bogdan votes?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #545: Jan 08, 2016 10:41:24 pm

Given the injury crisis the club has he was probably fearful of more.
      Understandable.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #546: Jan 08, 2016 10:41:27 pm

I was going to vote for him because he was immaculate in white but then he fell over and he lost all credibility for me.
      TO be fair having had the injuries he has had and the lay off over a year now he wasn't too bad and he did actually get better in the second half. Would I like to see him again, sorry no his pace has vanished sadly
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #547: Jan 08, 2016 10:42:23 pm

A pitch that you could play football on, would be a start. Really think you are just nitpicking for the sake of it! He probably had no idea what to expect, as he's never experienced the FA Cup before. He stated fact, the pitch was a bog, end of!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #548: Jan 08, 2016 10:42:55 pm
      Was he saying Exeter should have done a better job preparing it or was he just making a comment that the players were having a rough time on a slick and patchy pitch. Something our players are not used to and theirs likely are.

Bit harsh to criticize Klopp for merely stating that we had trouble adjusting to the conditions.

he said they did well but they new when to play football on this  pitch and when to play long it wasn't a moan or even making an excuse.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #549: Jan 08, 2016 10:44:04 pm

I thought it was more than that, myself, mate.  Like he had in mind the effect a poor pitch can have on an already depleted squad of thoroughbred pros (and I can't blame him, if so).  But I thought Exeter deserved a more positive comment.  Still love the guy though, don't get me wrong!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #550: Jan 08, 2016 10:45:17 pm

he didn't F***ing moan he said they new when to play football and when to play long on their pitch he said they did very well he was very complimentary about them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #551: Jan 08, 2016 10:47:31 pm
      A pitch that you could play football on, would be a start. Really think you are just nitpicking for the sake of it! He probably had no idea what to expect, as he's never experienced the FA Cup before. He stated fact, the pitch was a bog, end of!

I don't get the point either mate .

Quick Reply