Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Mario Götze (Bayern Munich)

Read 74699 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #46: Apr 02, 2016 09:12:58 am
      Gotze seems to be a realistic target. His contract will soon expire if I'm not wing and he loves Klopp, there's no reason we cannot get him if Gotze wants to leave Bayern. The fee just has to be right.

Mooted fee seems to be around 20m which wouldn't be bad. Dortmund are the only team that I think have a chance at beating us to him. Really hope we manage to get him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #47: Apr 02, 2016 09:47:25 am
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #48: Apr 02, 2016 10:10:53 am
      The footballing visual equivalent of premature ejaculation.

There's something about men in shorts that makes me really not want to think about self ejacuation or having a boner.

Something you want to tell us mate? 
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #49: Apr 02, 2016 10:10:55 am
      I love that evryones got a £20m price tag and they're 'happy' with that.

He's 23 and.....

Mario Götze Characteristics

Strengths

Holding on to the ball - Strong
      Key passes - Strong
      Dribbling - Strong
      Passing - Strong

His weaknesses are tackling and aerial duels.

So basically Coutinho, £20m? I hope so for Gotze but for Coutinho? I f**king hope not.

Good comparison IMO. There are few things which differentiate these 2 players. Coutinho can do things which Gotze can't and Gotze can do things which Coutinho can't do. That said, if we get him for 20M it's an incredible deal given the potential of the guy and his potential resale value. Also, some say that we have many similar players but how many are injury-free and are reliable. Coutinho and Firmino are extraordinary on their day but in about 30% of the games they are poor and produce nothing good. We need players who can replace them when these games come.

Also, Lallana needs competition.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #50: Apr 02, 2016 10:18:16 am
      I have a vivid imagination?

Yeah, that works.

;D

what happens if we sign Timo Horn ?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #51: Apr 02, 2016 10:38:02 am
      Good comparison IMO. There are few things which differentiate these 2 players. Coutinho can do things which Gotze can't and Gotze can do things which Coutinho can't do. That said, if we get him for 20M it's an incredible deal given the potential of the guy and his potential resale value. Also, some say that we have many similar players but how many are injury-free and are reliable. Coutinho and Firmino are extraordinary on their day but in about 30% of the games they are poor and produce nothing good. We need players who can replace them when these games come.

You want to sign Gotze as competition for Lallana? Gotze would walk into the team, there wouldn't be any competition for that spot IMO.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #52: Apr 02, 2016 12:01:55 pm
      You want to sign Gotze as competition for Lallana? Gotze would walk into the team, there wouldn't be any competition for that spot IMO.

In a sense Lallana and Gotze would compete. Why? Because i think the first team will look something like that:

Striker
      Coutinho               Firmino
               Hendo       CM
                    Can

or               

Striker
      Coutinho      Firmino          Lallana
                 Hendo       Can

In the 1st choice, there is competition between Firmino, Coutinho and Gotze.
      In choice 2, Lallana competes with Gotze.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #53: Apr 02, 2016 12:28:28 pm
      In a sense Lallana and Gotze would compete. Why? Because i think the first team will look something like that:

Striker
      Coutinho               Firmino
               Hendo       CM
                    Can

or               

Striker
      Coutinho      Firmino          Lallana
                 Hendo       Can

In the 1st choice, there is competition between Firmino, Coutinho and Gotze.
      In choice 2, Lallana competes with Gotze.

In the 4-2-3-1 Gotze wins hands down! As if Lallana gets into that team ahead of Gotze :D
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #54: Apr 02, 2016 02:49:45 pm
      In the 4-2-3-1 Gotze wins hands down! As if Lallana gets into that team ahead of Gotze :D

That's why I'm saying there is competition.

In the first case, Gotze would need to compete with Firmino and Coutinho, or of you prefer, to resume my point: The 3rd option will be disputed between Lallana and Gotze.

In fact, I would agree that Gotze is better but we never know, I would never have bet that Lallana would be playing that well this season. I thought Ibe would play more.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #55: Apr 02, 2016 04:10:43 pm
      what happens if we sign Timo Horn ?

Can imagine this forum if we signed him.

"We've got the Horn"
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #56: Apr 02, 2016 05:02:34 pm
      I think Gotze can happen. He fits with our football model and is a player who will do well for us. I would think 40m would be fair.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #57: Apr 02, 2016 05:08:37 pm
      I think Gotze can happen. He fits with our football model and is a player who will do well for us. I would think 40m would be fair.

If you're going to be like that, at least be funny. Boring trolls are the worst thing on the internet.

And if his highlight package from today's game is anything to go by, we could snap him up for 4m.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #58: Apr 02, 2016 05:15:43 pm

Only real question... why do goalkeepers never play that badly against us.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #59: Apr 02, 2016 07:44:09 pm
      I love that evryones got a £20m price tag and they're 'happy' with that.

He's 23 and.....

Mario Götze Characteristics

Strengths

Holding on to the ball - Strong
      Key passes - Strong
      Dribbling - Strong
      Passing - Strong

His weaknesses are tackling and aerial duels.

So basically Coutinho, £20m? I hope so for Gotze but for Coutinho? I f**king hope not.

He's like Coutinho in the sense that they're small number 10s, but they play the game in quite different manners. Gotze doesn't have the Brazilian flair that Coutinho has, for instance.

There would be no competition when they're fit, but what we do need is strength in depth. Lallana, Gotze, Coutinho, Firmino, Markovic, and another winger would be six class options.

That's why I'm saying there is competition.

In the first case, Gotze would need to compete with Firmino and Coutinho, or of you prefer, to resume my point: The 3rd option will be disputed between Lallana and Gotze.

In fact, I would agree that Gotze is better but we never know, I would never have bet that Lallana would be playing that well this season. I thought Ibe would play more.

Gotze would be only behind Sturridge in our best-player stakes if he came in. Gotze in any of his Dortmund seasons is better than Coutinho and Coutinho is brilliant.

Why make a post like this...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #60: Apr 02, 2016 07:47:27 pm
      I would think 40m would be fair.

He's going into the final year of his contract, if they want £40mill then they can shove it

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Apr 02, 2016 07:57:30 pm
      He's going into the final year of his contract, if they want £40mill then they can shove it
      We know how this plays out. He will get a new contract before being sold. I don't think he has refused a contract and he is not playing for idiots.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: Apr 02, 2016 07:58:19 pm
      If you're going to be like that, at least be funny. Boring trolls are the worst thing on the internet.

And if his highlight package from today's game is anything to go by, we could snap him up for 4m.
      Uncalled for, I was being serious. You think  we could get Gomez for 4m?  :lmao: :lmao: and you called me a troll? I am not a troll, but you are wrong, bigoted know it all keyboard warriors are as bad as trolls.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #63: Apr 02, 2016 08:05:55 pm

£40 million for a player with one year on his contract? Munich can go get lost.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Apr 02, 2016 08:07:07 pm
      £40 million for a player with one year on his contract? Munich can go get lost.
      People assume Munich are not going to extend his contract.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #65: Apr 02, 2016 08:15:00 pm
      We know how this plays out. He will get a new contract before being sold. I don't think he has refused a contract and he is not playing for idiots.

They wont offer him a new contract anytime soon,he never even plays, not even when they rotate pretty much the entire team he still couldn't get on the pitch.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #66: Apr 02, 2016 08:20:52 pm
      Gotze would be only behind Sturridge in our best-player stakes if he came in. Gotze in any of his Dortmund seasons is better than Coutinho and Coutinho is brilliant.
      Why question my posts if you post ridiculous drivel. How is Sturridge our best player. He's constantly injured. 14 games played this season and 18 last season and not all of those were full games. He had ONE good season! ONE! and all of a sudden he's our best player. Coutinho has been solid 3 seasons in a row and Firmino has been better than Sturridge this season. Joke of a post.. he is not even our best forward nevermind best player.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #67: Apr 02, 2016 08:21:37 pm
      They wont offer him a new contract anytime soon,he never even plays, not even when they rotate pretty much the entire team he still couldn't get on the pitch.

It's crazy considering they play Bernat at CB in a back 3 at times.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #68: Apr 02, 2016 08:22:30 pm
      In that case maybe we can get him but in the region of 15-20m. I still don't think 4m like some posters who called me a troll for nothing.

Quick Reply