Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      39 (30.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      10 (7.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      26 (20.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.9%)
      Emre Can
      6 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (25.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      6 (4.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2016 04:03:11 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate

Read 40166 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #690: Jan 17, 2016 04:25:35 pm
      I disagree about having to change the whole team etc...

IMO we'd just need two changes from this team to be in competition for the league : one fit Sturridge level fast and technical finisher (be it himself or someone new) and a decent goalkeeper.

Midfield was fine (look possession),  defense was fine (Fellaini is one of the best headers in the league, it's to be expected if he succeeds to take the ball on corner once in a while... what isn't to be expected is them scoring from that on their only occasion after beating the gk *two times* in one action), attack just lacked a finisher adapted to how we play,.

Do you not think it would be good for our midfielders to occasionally offer a goal threat?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #691: Jan 17, 2016 04:26:09 pm
      I dont think Klopp feels for one minute that Migs is the answer , that's five fvkin points this week alone he has cost us , as I've said before I don't expect miracles from Klopp this season , as he is only playing the cards he's been dealt ,
      Come the summer fully expect quite a few of these to get their  P45s
      On a plus side Firminho is improving and adjusting to the prem .
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #692: Jan 17, 2016 04:26:23 pm
      Wow. What a sh*t result, United just awful, and yet still win.

Thought Mignolet should of done better but end of the day, ball should of been cleared with 4 players jumping against one in microphone head.

League gone now, 3 trophies still to play for, focus on them, surely Klopp will use some
      Kids now in League.

Lallana and Can had shockers. Not surprised by either too.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #693: Jan 17, 2016 04:27:12 pm
      Daylight robbery that result.

We were the better side by a mile.
      They were a joke - did absolutely nothing all game, and then stole it thanks to our obligatory concession from a set piece.

Why Hendo was marking Fellaini I dont know, and yeah Mignolet might have saved Rooney's shot.
      And yes, again our lack of cutting edge up front, and lack of composure from our midfielders in front of goal ( Can excepted today - couple of good efforts from him) cost us.

But f**king hell, there is no way we deserved to lose that game. We were FAR the better side.
      We worked our arses off, our pressing was very good and really nullified them, and we created far, far more than they did.

Jürgen now has a big challenge in keeping the players heads up for the rest of the league season, cos top 4 is very unlikely now.

But for all that we didn't win and it's an all to familiar storey again

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Man Utd
      Reply #694: Jan 17, 2016 04:28:43 pm
      First of all they are sh*te!

We aren't as bad as that result suggests.

Mignolet - You had 1 job, 1 shot on target and you're sat on your arse the moment it comes in, it's hit over your head and you can't do sh*t you useless c**t! Other than your distribution was sh*te, usual crap from him 2/10

Clyne - Not good enough going forward or defending today, I thought he was weak - 5/10

Toure - Outstanding defender on the day - 8/10

Sakho - Decent also, gave them virtually nothing - 7/10

Moreno - A couple of brilliant recoveries and did alright going forward 6/10

Lucas - Exceptional first half, wasn't much worse in the second 8/10

Henderson - Should have had a hat-trick not good enough today Hendo, not even close 5/10

Lallana - Useless, about the best thing he did was compete with Young, a waste of a shirt that lad at the moment 4/10

Milner - Needs to do so much more with the ball, beats himself when challenging opponents, not good enough 4/10

Can - Shocking first half, better in the second 5/10

Firmino - Tireless again, doesn't deserve to be on the losing side, could have levelled it at the end though 8/10

Klopp - Sort the decision to keep backing Mignolet out and he can do no more, the chances, the possession, the overall play we were by far the better team and I'm gutted for him.

Lucky. Manc. Tw*ts.
      the only thing that i disagree with is the 8/10 for Firmino. IMO I would have liked to see him in the box more7/10 other wise spot on
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #695: Jan 17, 2016 04:29:01 pm
      I found Lallana so frustrating today...again time to bin him he has had his chance and has not taken it
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,556 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #696: Jan 17, 2016 04:29:27 pm
      Rooney blasts a volley and the ball is travelling what, 75mph over 7 yards? I can't really blame Migs for that goal
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #697: Jan 17, 2016 04:30:04 pm
      the only thing that i disagree with is the 8/10 for Firmino. IMO I would have liked to see him in the box more7/10 other wise spot on

It's hard to be in the box when you're doing the job of 5 people.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #698: Jan 17, 2016 04:30:37 pm
      Don't understand the angst against Can, yes he was poor first half, but he was much improved  2nd half. There is a really good player in there, he's young and is still learning, Klopp will bring out the best in him. I think it"s a bit too early with him, to chuck the baby out with the bath water!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #699: Jan 17, 2016 04:31:00 pm
      Rooney blasts a volley and the ball is travelling what, 75mph over 7 yards? I can't really blame Migs for that goal

I was initially in the same boat but the more I watch the replay and see him sitting on his ass halfway into the corner the more I think he could've put himself in a hell of a lot better position than he was in.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #700: Jan 17, 2016 04:31:43 pm
      I'm basing my ratings on the crap that we played against mate.

Milner/Henderson/Can/Lallana all should impose themselves on this game so much more than they did. They were given time and space, they were given opportunities to score and they simply couldn't do it.

Can redeemed himself a bit with a decent 2nd half performance, the other 3 simply didn't.

Mignolet is a lost cause.

I would be surprised if any of the above survive too many transfer windows.

Like people keep saying about Mignolet ... if he had a better defence in front of him he wouldn't look as bad, I think if we had a decent striker, the team wouldn't be so bad.

Might not be true about Mignolet , but I think it is true about the striker.

I do think there will be a big clear out in the summer, but I would still like us to bring a top quality player now, just to help us win a cup or two.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #701: Jan 17, 2016 04:32:00 pm
      Don't understand the angst against Can, yes he was poor first half, but he was much improved  2nd half. There is a really good player in there, he's young and is still learning, Klopp will bring out the best in him. I think it"s a bit too early with him, to chuck the baby out with the bath water!

When people play sh*t then they open themselves up to criticism and he was sooooo bad today. Nobody is saying he won't turn out to be a great player but he was rubbish today, that's all.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #702: Jan 17, 2016 04:32:08 pm

It goes in where he would be stood, where is he instead, sat in the bottom left corner of our goal?

Why is he sat there, has he just made a tremendous save? No, the ball has just hit our bar, Mignolet sits down because the ball hit our bar, he wasn't even in the same postcode as Fellaini's effort.

It's laughable that he's on his arse, the ball is the smashed in over his head because he is sat on the bloody floor. We might as well have had no keeper in the goal for that passage of play, the only shot they had on target.

Definition = useless.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #703: Jan 17, 2016 04:32:31 pm
      I don't think Milner deserves to be included with those mate. He battled, ran, tackled, put a couple of good crosses in and did ok for me. He is never going to be a great passer or great creative influence, he is what he is.

Agree with this sentiment. Was in the reckoning for MoM for me. Gave it to Sakho, but a few could have had it.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 286 
      Reply #704: Jan 17, 2016 04:33:26 pm
      Top 4 has gone. Hopefully we win the Europa league. I thought we played well first half, just missing a player with a killer insinct. Piss poor second half. Klopp has to hold his hands up for today. Wonder how many more set pieces we will let in this season. 80% of the points we have dropped must have come from being unable to clear corners. United are sh*t at the moment, clearly outlines how much we have to do.

Mignolet - Average. Would try out Ward going forward as everyone seems to be raving about him. 6/10
      Clyne - Didn't get beaten too many times. The most dissapointing of last years signings for me. Hasn't shown anywhere near the form or attacking prowess he displayed out Southampton. Against a fullback on his debut, didnt overlap once. 6/10
      Toure - Has played well since he's come into the team. He obviously hasnt got the legs, but his timings impecable. 7/10.
      Sakho - Immense in the air, except when it comes to set pieces. Would like to see him chip in with some goals, he bosses everyone aerially in open play. 7/10.
      Moreno - Seems to have learnt how to defend since Klopp came in. Didnt impact the game. 6/10
      Lucas - MOTM.  8/10.
      Can - Good effort which forced a good save from De Gea. Other than that, didnt dominate like he did vs Arsenal, dissapointing. 5/10.
      Henderson - Definately brings energy to the team, but needs to be putting chances away to earn the captain armband. 6/10
      Milner - I thought played well all game. You know what your getting with James. 7/10.
      Lallana - Its a case of "almost" with Lallana. He has beautiful touches in the box, but they dont lead to a) goals b) assists. 6/10.
      Firmino - Did a lot more chasing today, and definately looks fitter. Held the ball up well a few times too. He's obviously not a number 9 though. 7/10

Subs:
      Ibe - His three contribution to the game were;
      1) Shoot from 30 yards when 20 people in the box
      2) decide to take the defender on but then subsequently run it out when we have both center halves and Benteke in the 6 yard box
      3) Switch off at a set piece and allow them to have a short corner.
      He's obviously talented but he should be shortlisted for a brain transplant. 1/10

Benteke - I'm not sure how he was meant to change the game, without a decent ball put in for him to attack within the 10 minutes he was on the pitch. 6/10.
      Caulker - I dont understand why we didnt loan/buy a striker, if thats where he's going to play.

Klopp - Bad day at the office. Completely put foot off the gas at half time. Subs were too late. Everyone could tell what was going to happen 30 minutes before it did. 3/10

Clattenburg - How Fellani only got a yellow at around the 80 min mark is mind boggling. Additionally Mata deliberately punches the ball away in the last 10 mins to prevent us attacking, and gets away with it. F***ing useless refereeing as usual. 5/10.

This seasons a write off, again. We obviously aren't going to buy anyone else until Summer, then there will be another 6 month settling in period. Fun times ahead.
      RedWilly

• 9,217 posts | 1646 
      Reply #705: Jan 17, 2016 04:33:34 pm
      F**k off Mignolet, you useless lump of sh*te.

Absolute shower that was today, Firmino the only player who looked half decent.
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #706: Jan 17, 2016 04:33:42 pm
      I disagree about having to change the whole team etc...

IMO we'd just need two changes from this team to be in competition for the league : one fit Sturridge level fast and technical finisher (be it himself or someone new) and a decent goalkeeper.

Midfield was fine (look possession),  defense was fine (Fellaini is one of the best headers in the league, it's to be expected if he succeeds to take the ball on corner once in a while... what isn't to be expected is them scoring from that on their only occasion after beating the gk *two times* in one action), attack just lacked a finisher adapted to how we play,.

Partially agree with that mate... only disagree is about the defense... our defense is not fine, we were almost beaten in corner against any team.. it's like a blueprint to beat us.  I also agree that no need to replace the defense, but maybe sort them out how to deal with a free kick..

Other I agree with you.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #707: Jan 17, 2016 04:34:04 pm
      On a positive I thought Sakho and Lucas were class but boy do we need a goal scorer.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #708: Jan 17, 2016 04:34:09 pm
      Again agree.  He's not in the side to be a creative spark.

So he's on £150,000 a week and we don't even expect him to create things?

Just run around a bit?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #709: Jan 17, 2016 04:34:19 pm
      Now that the league is over let's start seeing more of Ojo and Kent.

Lallana has had his chance let him go back to Southampton and resurrect his career.

Couldn't care less where Milner goes!
      And Benteke back to villa to resurrect his, that was a waste of £62m on those two
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #710: Jan 17, 2016 04:36:28 pm
      Top 4 has gone. Hopefully we win the Europa league. I thought we played well first half, just missing a player with a killer insinct. Piss poor second half. Klopp has to hold his hands up for today. Wonder how many more set pieces we will let in this season. 80% of the points we have dropped must have come from being unable to clear corners. United are sh*t at the moment, clearly outlines how much we have to do.

Mignolet - Average. Would try out Ward going forward as everyone seems to be raving about him. 6/10
      Clyne - Didn't get beaten too many times. The most dissapointing of last years signings for me. Hasn't shown anywhere near the form or attacking prowess he displayed out Southampton. Against a fullback on his debut, didnt overlap once. 6/10
      Toure - Has played well since he's come into the team. He obviously hasnt got the legs, but his timings impecable. 7/10.
      Sakho - Immense in the air, except when it comes to set pieces. Would like to see him chip in with some goals, he bosses everyone aerially in open play. 7/10.
      Moreno - Seems to have learnt how to defend since Klopp came in. Didnt impact the game. 6/10
      Lucas - MOTM.  8/10.
      Can - Good effort which forced a good save from De Gea. Other than that, didnt dominate like he did vs Arsenal, dissapointing. 5/10.
      Henderson - Definately brings energy to the team, but needs to be putting chances away to earn the captain armband. 6/10
      Milner - I thought played well all game. You know what your getting with James. 7/10.
      Lallana - Its a case of "almost" with Lallana. He has beautiful touches in the box, but they dont lead to a) goals b) assists. 6/10.
      Firmino - Did a lot more chasing today, and definately looks fitter. Held the ball up well a few times too. He's obviously not a number 9 though. 7/10

Subs:
      Ibe - His three contribution to the game were;
      1) Shoot from 30 yards when 20 people in the box
      2) decide to take the defender on but then subsequently run it out when we have both center halves and Benteke in the 6 yard box
      3) Switch off at a set piece and allow them to have a short corner.
      He's obviously talented but he should be shortlisted for a brain transplant. 1/10

Benteke - I'm not sure how he was meant to change the game, without a decent ball put in for him to attack within the 10 minutes he was on the pitch. 6/10.
      Caulker - I dont understand why we didnt loan/buy a striker, if thats where he's going to play.

Klopp - Bad day at the office. Completely put foot off the gas at half time. Subs were too late. Everyone could tell what was going to happen 30 minutes before it did. 3/10

Clattenburg - How Fellani only got a yellow at around the 80 min mark is mind boggling. Additionally Mata deliberately punches the ball away in the last 10 mins to prevent us attacking, and gets away with it. F***ing useless refereeing as usual. 5/10.

This seasons a write off, again. We obviously aren't going to buy anyone else until Summer, then there will be another 6 month settling in period. Fun times ahead.

Oh come on. Yeah perhaps the subs could have come on earlier and that's my only criticism but it's not as if the options and the goals were screaming at him from the bench. I hardly think he 'took his foot off at half time' either. What do you think he was doing in the dressing room? Giving a stand up routine?
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #711: Jan 17, 2016 04:36:34 pm
      When people play sh*t then they open themselves up to criticism and he was sooooo bad today. Nobody is saying he won't turn out to be a great player but he was rubbish today, that's all.

I think you'll find a few had put him in the, let's bin them off pile! I was referencing them.
      All players have off days, for many reasons, he's not nearly as bad as some make out!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #712: Jan 17, 2016 04:36:45 pm

Spot on with this mate

Quick Reply