Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      39 (30.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      10 (7.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      26 (20.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.9%)
      Emre Can
      6 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (25.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      6 (4.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2016 04:03:11 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate

Read 38628 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #736: Jan 17, 2016 05:24:34 pm
      You can see our issues we have a team of industrious players who will run hard all day Hendo, Milner and Lallana but not great footballers.
      We need players with a bit of craft and class who can pull the strings and when the ask is there to step up. None of these players have those abilities.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #737: Jan 17, 2016 05:25:33 pm
      What he is paid is irrelevant.

Bigger wages won't change the style of footballer a player is.

Bigger wages will get a higher calibre of player though. Bigger wages would have got us Reus, for example, rather than Lallana. All FSG have done since taking over is reduce the wage bill at the expense of on-field success. It has to stop.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6951 
      Reply #738: Jan 17, 2016 05:25:46 pm
      Totally disheartened now for the season ahead. Real bunch of substandard footballers stealing a living and that we wasted hundreds of millions on.

One or two who could be in the 18 of a top team but in the main they should be playing for the likes of Villa or Boro.

Can't believe the transfer committee and Ian Ayre are untouchable. Our club is run by idiots.
      +10
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #739: Jan 17, 2016 05:30:26 pm
      Totally disheartened now for the season ahead. Real bunch of substandard footballers stealing a living and that we wasted hundreds of millions on.

One or two who could be in the 18 of a top team but in the main they should be playing for the likes of Villa or Boro.

Can't believe the transfer committee and Ian Ayre are untouchable. Our club is run by idiots.
      Should have heard what Rodgers said about recruitment on Goals on Sunday today

Seems like we dragged our feet over Sanchez and Deli Alli

Link

And we now know he never had a say in transfer deals
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #740: Jan 17, 2016 05:31:22 pm
      Bloody annoying. No one has the bottle to take their chances. Full of honest nice guys.... Reaks of Rodgers

That could be because they are Rodgers team. Jürgen needs time to assemble his own team, though how much the owners are prepared to fork out is another matter, as they backed the wrong horse in a 2 horse race!

Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #741: Jan 17, 2016 05:32:25 pm
      Should have heard what Rodgers said about recruitment on Goals on Sunday today

Worrying

Don't leave it there, spill the beans, we are all desperate to know!!

Jimsouse67

• 9,491 posts | 1479 
      Reply #742: Jan 17, 2016 05:34:57 pm
      Don't leave it there, spill the beans, we are all desperate to know!!
      Agreed ,only seen the last few minutes so missed what he said.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #743: Jan 17, 2016 05:36:54 pm
      That could be because they are Rodgers team. Jürgen needs time to assemble his own team, though how much the owners are prepared to fork out is another matter, as they backed the wrong horse in a 2 horse race!

Just added the link above
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #744: Jan 17, 2016 05:37:02 pm
      Bigger wages will get a higher calibre of player though. Bigger wages would have got us Reus, for example, rather than Lallana. All FSG have done since taking over is reduce the wage bill at the expense of on-field success. It has to stop.

I agree and am not disputing that.

What am saying is no matter how much we pay James Milner will not change what type of footballer he is.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #745: Jan 17, 2016 05:42:27 pm
      Here's the full Rodgers segment of Goals on Sunday. I haven't watched it yet though so can't comment.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #746: Jan 17, 2016 05:42:52 pm
      Sickening. After a F***ing belting Saturday night and a cracking roast dinner the savvy, I get that as me birthday prezzie from Liverpool. We played alright for the most part but didn't really create any clear cut chances - other than Can's first. A lot of the efforts we had were either from distance or dodgy angles. Mainly because we took long to hit the ball or took extra touches. Just F***ing hit it. Our shooting was F***ing woeful as well for the most part.

And then those spawny manc cu*ts get one good effort and put it away. Yeah we could of and probably should of not allowed that chance but in almost every game, every team will get at least one golden opportunity. They took theirs, we missed ours.

Overall we played well enough but our best players were the defensive minded ones - Sakho, Toure, Lucas. Which I think shows just how poor we were in the final third. Huffed and puffed a lot but didn't create enough proper chances.

Mignolet - I don't think did a lot wrong today, maybe because he wasn't asked to do a lot. I think his reputation has earned him criticism for today's goal. If he'd been a boss keeper in his time here, today's goal would of just been brushed off. It would of been, he couldn't do anything with it.

Clyne - put in a typical solid defensive display, still struggles once he crosses over the halfway line though. As I've always said, if the main criticism of a full back is his attacking play then he's doing his job well enough for me.

Toure - was immense today, probably been our best centre half this season. I didn't think I'd be saying that in the summer but there you go. I lay blame on his door for their goal but it's a tactical thing as much as anything else. Having two centre halves standing on the six yard box marking nobody, going up against people with a running jump are always gonna struggle if the delivery is good. I've never liked zonal marking.

Sakho - basically a carbon copy of what I wrote about Kolo. Was at fault for their goal but it's the tactical decision that has cost us - and the fact Henderson lets Fellaini have a free run at it.

Moreno - to be honest I didn't notice him today, which is good in a way. I think a lot of that has to do with how little defending was asked of him. I didn't see him getting forward as much as he usually does either. Completely solid performance from our Albert.

Lucas - for me was man of the match and as people know it's not often I say that. He was the only one who showed the sort of fight this game requires. He twatted Fellaini several times and the headbutt in the first half was a cracker. I remember him doing a similar job on the c**t when he was at Everton. He lost Rooney for the goal because he too tried to win the initial header but again because Henderson didn't do his job.

Can't - missed our golder opportunity, or rather De Gea saved it. Had a belting effort from distance, which again was well saved. But other than those moments, I thought he was F***ing useless again. Too slow, just lumbering about. His tracking back is embarrassing at times, just coaxes back like it doesn't matter. Possession wise he was a joke. Doesn't seem to have any awareness of what's around him. After his goal in midweek, I felt Allen deserved a start (something else I don't say too often) in place of Can.

Henderson - was alright but his shooting was a F***ing state. Even the one he did get on target, it was a pass back to De Gea rather than putting his F***ing laces through it. Kept the ball moving but didn't hurt United. Didn't get stuck into United just to try and raise the voices of the fans.

Milner - sums up our huffing and puffing style without any end substance.

Lallana - like the Arsenal game, F**k commenting on him because he's sh*t.

Firmino - couple of nice touches here and there but really needs to work on his strength, got pushed off the ball too often. And he's giving Can a run (purposely chosen word) for his money on who is slower. For me he was more frustrating than effective, judging by other people's comments though I watched a different Firmino.

Ibe - remains to infuriate. Just stick the ball in the box every now and then, you don't have to get to the byline every single time. And even if you do, you need either express pace or tons of skill to get past the full back continuously. Our Jordon has neither unfortunately. There's a quality player in there somewhere but it seems like trying to get it out of him is like trying to get blood from a stone.

Benteke - did F**k all during his limited time on the pitch. Mind you, he's a big burly c**t who wins headers in the box so to get the best out of him, you have to put the ball in the box and head height for him to win. We don't.

Caulker - was on for what? 4 minutes? Did more than Lallana.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #747: Jan 17, 2016 05:45:57 pm

Thanks for that, just read it. Don't really know what to make of it, as he always insisted he had final say on signings. He says we were bringing Sanchez in, with Lambert alongside him, but ended up only with Lambert. Now I like Lambert, as a person, but I've  got to say that combination is not one that would immediately spring to mind!

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #748: Jan 17, 2016 05:51:59 pm
      Thanks for that, just read it. Don't really know what to make of it, as he always insisted he had final say on signings. He says we were bringing Sanchez in, with Lambert alongside him, but ended up only with Lambert. Now I like Lambert, as a person, but I've  got to say that combination is not one that would immediately spring to mind!

Just worries me however you cut it
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #749: Jan 17, 2016 05:52:59 pm

Sums it up ....
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #750: Jan 17, 2016 05:59:35 pm
      Just worries me however you cut it

Agreed, the whole transfer committee thing is a bit off, although plenty will tell you it's how things are done at most clubs now. Though what Ayre has to do with transfers is anybodies guess!
      I just hope that Jürgen will tell them where to get off, if, as Rodgers implies they try to foist a player on him. I somehow think he'll tell them exactly what he thinks!
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #751: Jan 17, 2016 06:06:49 pm
      watching cech making great saves right now males me sick we didnt bid for him...
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #752: Jan 17, 2016 06:07:46 pm

Unfortunately John that is so close to the truth it hurts , one can only hope Klopp does the right thing and boots out those masquerading as liverpool players , whoever sanctioned some of these should be birched .
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #753: Jan 17, 2016 06:08:47 pm
      It sums our season up this game. Severely lacking a prolific striker and always concede a soft goal.
          Read some nonsensical comments, blaming Mignolet for the goal! He had absolutely no chance with either header or shot. 4 players around Felaini was the fault in the goal and no one picking up Rooney.
          I guess that ends any hope of a top four finish now, so I'd like Klopp to really experiment,try different formations and younger players and hope for a cup win along the way.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #754: Jan 17, 2016 06:13:47 pm
      The fact Benteke is on £150k is physically making me sick.

Sorry, but I can't believe such an average player would receive such a wage. Wouldn't have been on anything like that kind of money at Villa, so why would he get that now? Sturridge gets it because when he plays, he guarantees goals.

Benteke guarantees one thing. 40 winks for me!

Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #755: Jan 17, 2016 06:14:46 pm
      Unfortunately John that is so close to the truth it hurts , one can only hope Klopp does the right thing and boots out those masquerading as liverpool players , whoever sanctioned some of these should be birched .

As well as booting out those who masquerade as Liverpool players, I hope he also boots out those who masquerade as a transfer committee. Until they go and FSG change their stance on the players we can sign, we will be also rans.
      Message to FSG, why appoint a World class manager and not use his expertise and knowledge. Let the manager manage!!!

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #756: Jan 17, 2016 06:20:18 pm
      One moment in the match there recall Firmino controlling a long ball on the left, beating a couple of guys (doing really well) and rolling it to Hendo, couple of yards outside the box, close to dead centre of the goal. Flash back ... SG, Olympiacos, driving it low into the bottom right corner, but Hendo lumps it without much conviction into the stand.

Don't mean to pick out Hendo necessarily, and I thought we were the better side today ... we lacked that bit of quality, the x-factor that a few of our top guys used bring to matches like that, big games, big players, moments of magic. Look at Utd, relying again on their main man to dig it out. There aren't many of those top bracket players about...we had a few, and most left.

I don't think we're as bad as is made out every time we loose, but neither are we good enough to put together a sustained run to comfortably hit top4. We've some cups we're still in, and think we should focus maybe a little more on silverware there. Klopp has massive work to do, and it's gonna take time (and signings light years better than Caulker) ... time will tell if a) he can find / attract them and b) if the club will agree to sign them.  We need TOP quality players back in the ranks.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #757: Jan 17, 2016 06:20:42 pm
      Sorry, but I can't believe such an average player would receive such a wage. Wouldn't have been on anything like that kind of money at Villa, so why would he get that now? Sturridge gets it because when he plays, he guarantees goals.

Benteke guarantees one thing. 40 winks for me!

But Sturridge doesn't play.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #758: Jan 17, 2016 06:39:02 pm
      Were to F***ing start, easily one of the worst manc games I think I've seen at Anfield against one of the worst Man U teams I think I've ever seen, yet still will let those Milltown F***ing tramps beat us. For most of the game we seemed to be winning the battles, probably had a lot more of the ball, yet apart from one chance of note, hardly seemed to make De Gea work. Toss up for me between Sakho and Milner for Motm, gave it to Milner as I thought he put a lot of hard graft in.

First transfer we should be looking at is a new keeper, cos I'm tired of saying how F***ing sh*t the ming is!!

Quick Reply