Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      39 (30.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      10 (7.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      26 (20.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.9%)
      Emre Can
      6 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (25.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      6 (4.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2016 04:03:11 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate

Read 38617 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #759: Jan 17, 2016 06:41:01 pm
      One moment in the match there recall Firmino controlling a long ball on the left, beating a couple of guys (doing really well) and rolling it to Hendo, couple of yards outside the box, close to dead centre of the goal. Flash back ... SG, Olympiacos, driving it low into the bottom right corner, but Hendo lumps it without much conviction into the stand.

Don't mean to pick out Hendo necessarily, and I thought we were the better side today ... we lacked that bit of quality, the x-factor that a few of our top guys used bring to matches like that, big games, big players, moments of magic. Look at Utd, relying again on their main man to dig it out. There aren't many of those top bracket players about...we had a few, and most left.

I don't think we're as bad as is made out every time we loose, but neither are we good enough to put together a sustained run to comfortably hit top4. We've some cups we're still in, and think we should focus maybe a little more on silverware there. Klopp has massive work to do, and it's gonna take time (and signings light years better than Caulker) ... time will tell if a) he can find / attract them and b) if the club will agree to sign them.  We need TOP quality players back in the ranks.
      Actually he side footed it at De Gea
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #760: Jan 17, 2016 06:43:50 pm
      Actually he side footed it at De Gea

You're right, he did :)   and not bottom corner unfortunately
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #761: Jan 17, 2016 06:55:11 pm
      As well as booting out those who masquerade as Liverpool players, I hope he also boots out those who masquerade as a transfer committee. Until they go and FSG change their stance on the players we can sign, we will be also rans.
      Message to FSG, why appoint a World class manager and not use his expertise and knowledge. Let the manager manage!!!

Is right mate whoever has been heading up our recruitment  is at best negligent  just dont see how Klopp can work under the buffoons all that money wasted really is a sad indictment of how we have been run .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #762: Jan 17, 2016 06:59:12 pm
      Well I think the majority of REDS are in agreement a mass clear out is required,we cannot continue to employ players who are not good enough for this club.When we have the mass clear out I hope they include Ayres and the transfer committee.We had a glorious chance to restore some pride in the club against Manure and we blew it. :f_steam:
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #763: Jan 17, 2016 07:04:37 pm
      Sorry, but I can't believe such an average player would receive such a wage. Wouldn't have been on anything like that kind of money at Villa, so why would he get that now? Sturridge gets it because when he plays, he guarantees goals.

Benteke guarantees one thing. 40 winks for me!

Honestly, if you got a player who scores every 40 games, and a player who scores every game but plays 1/40, you got the same result in the end, as far as the team is concerned.

Sturridge is not playing and he's soaking money that could be used elsewhere. If he cannot stay fit, as much as I love his dance moves I would rather see him leave and free up wages for another striker.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #764: Jan 17, 2016 07:09:13 pm
      You're right, he did :)   and not bottom corner unfortunately
      May have done if he had put his laces through it instead of a Safe finish which sums Jordan up at times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #765: Jan 17, 2016 07:09:50 pm
      Honestly, if you got a player who scores every 40 games, and a player who scores every game but plays 1/40, you got the same result in the end, as far as the team is concerned.

Sturridge is not playing and he's soaking money that could be used elsewhere. If he cannot stay fit, as much as I love his dance moves I would rather see him leave and free up wages for another striker.

On the other hand, I'd rather we get him fit and keep him that way seeing as he is our only world class player. And there's no denying he's that when fit!!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #766: Jan 17, 2016 07:10:40 pm
      I don't think Milner deserves to be included with those mate. He battled, ran, tackled, put a couple of good crosses in and did ok for me. He is never going to be a great passer or great creative influence, he is what he is.

He's not good enough s@int soz. I'd run and battle but doesn't make me good enough. His tackling isn't the best neither is his distribution. To be fair he could be a squad player but injuries is asking more of him. I hope.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #767: Jan 17, 2016 07:26:41 pm
      He's not good enough s@int soz. I'd run and battle but doesn't make me good enough. His tackling isn't the best neither is his distribution. To be fair he could be a squad player but injuries is asking more of him. I hope.

Considering he's on £150k a week (for those that question why this comes into the equation it's because that is a premium amount and a space in the squad we could have a player of absolute elite quality on rather than another average Joe) it really frustrates watching him play.

The amount of times he rushes out just to be side stepped by the man with the ball is getting cringeworthy now, it's right to press but to do it in a headless fashion just sells yourself and Milner is guilty of this many times a match.

He doesn't score, he puts in a decent cross now and again, I don't see him winning many headers and that chance they got down our right with Clyne really did remind me of a goal earlier in the season where we conceded so he's not learning from his mistakes.

A squad player at luxury player prices is a false economy. I know people think he's a Klopp type player, when mixed in with absolute quality all it would do is make it easier for Milner to hide and people try to sell you the 7/8 player every week and a good lad that puts a shift in. It's simply not good enough and we don't just need quality around him, we need to replace him because he can't even stand out as a good player among all our average players.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #768: Jan 17, 2016 07:33:36 pm
      I think Lallana epitomised the squad today.

Poached from a lower PL side, many of these players are picked from lower Premier League sides and should be playing for lower clubs. The only reason they have come is because Hunter, Fallows, Edwards, etc have no experience of continental football and have only watched English football. And our twattish recruitment policy seems based on watching Match of the Day highlights and YouTube compilations.

We buy sh*te, we are sh*te - no matter who the manager is. Jürgen did his best today - the team should have won but it lacked obvious quality, and considering what was on his bench he can hardly be criticised for not starting Benteke - who is just abject I'm sure we all agree.

The game lacked quality because the club refuses to buy quality, thanks to a recruitment policy from FSG and the brain addled thick tw*ts in the committee. Simple as that.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #769: Jan 17, 2016 07:34:19 pm
      May have done if he had put his laces through it instead of a Safe finish which sums Jordan up at times

Again, don't want to bash Hendo, he's not captain for nothing. And he'd always be one of my first names on the sheet. But because he is captain, and is also CM, it's hard not make the comparison to SG.
      I really miss SG this season, from seeing him walking out on the pitch holding the kids hand at the start, to clapping hands over head to the fans at the end. And everything in between :)  You knew with him on the pitch it was never over, something special was always possible. His 10 goals per season, or whatever it was, deffo came in handy too.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #770: Jan 17, 2016 07:38:53 pm
      Should have heard what Rodgers said about recruitment on Goals on Sunday today

Seems like we dragged our feet over Sanchez and Deli Alli

Link

And we now know he never had a say in transfer deals

So Rodgers misled the lot of us into believing he had final say on what players we signed.What a tw*t and a failure as manager.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,276 posts | 4937 
      Reply #771: Jan 17, 2016 07:47:48 pm
      Well I think the majority of REDS are in agreement a mass clear out is required

It isnt.

We need some players out but anyone who thinks Jürgen is going to clear out an entire squad of players is mistaken.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #772: Jan 17, 2016 07:49:08 pm
      Considering he's on £150k a week (for those that question why this comes into the equation it's because that is a premium amount and a space in the squad we could have a player of absolute elite quality on rather than another average Joe) it really frustrates watching him play.

The amount of times he rushes out just to be side stepped by the man with the ball is getting cringeworthy now, it's right to press but to do it in a headless fashion just sells yourself and Milner is guilty of this many times a match.

He doesn't score, he puts in a decent cross now and again, I don't see him winning many headers and that chance they got down our right with Clyne really did remind me of a goal earlier in the season where we conceded so he's not learning from his mistakes.

A squad player at luxury player prices is a false economy. I know people think he's a Klopp type player, when mixed in with absolute quality all it would do is make it easier for Milner to hide and people try to sell you the 7/8 player every week and a good lad that puts a shift in. It's simply not good enough and we don't just need quality around him, we need to replace him because he can't even stand out as a good player among all our average players.

I get what your saying regarding his £150k pw, but he arrived on a free. If we signed him for £15m he wouldn't be on £150k pw
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #773: Jan 17, 2016 07:49:46 pm
      I was happy with the performance of the team in general. The midfield had some good control of the game, Hendo and Can did a good job. Again, Lallana is just not good enough, no end product. As for Firmino he is showing that he is a good player, but he is not confident yet and we lacked a real striker in this team. Where would have a goal come from? Lallana? Milner? Hendo? Never.

I blame Klopp on this one. Benteke should have played, yes, Benteke was not good but at least he is a striker and can score. He always did score before, there is no reason he could have lost his talent.

Sakho was great, it's not his fault if Fellaini used his hands to jump over him to head the ball which lead to the goal.

It was a good match from most of our lads, some are just not good enough to beat ManU. We desperately need a striker.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #774: Jan 17, 2016 07:51:55 pm
      I get what your saying regarding his £150k pw, but he arrived on a free. If we signed him for £15m he wouldn't be on £150k pw

You're right but that's where 'free' becomes a false economy, that £15m or whatever it would cost to get a top tier player is worth investing rather than doing it on the cheap and getting an average Joe on premium wages.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #775: Jan 17, 2016 07:56:14 pm
      It isnt.

We need some players out but anyone who thinks Jürgen is going to clear out an entire squad of players is mistaken.

I said a mass clear out is required I did not say it would happen,it's a forum and opinions on what is required differ.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2016 10:24:31 pm by Billy1 »
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #776: Jan 17, 2016 08:03:58 pm
      On the other hand, I'd rather we get him fit and keep him that way seeing as he is our only world class player. And there's no denying he's that when fit!!

If thats even possible i'd be all for it, but I'm not so sure it can be done. The guy is made of 0.1mm thick crystal
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #777: Jan 17, 2016 08:08:26 pm
      So Rodgers misled the lot of us into believing he had final say on what players we signed.What a tw*t and a failure as manager.
      Talk about contradictions in terms , he told us so many times he had the final say . He who speaks with fork tongue .

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #778: Jan 17, 2016 08:13:03 pm
      The most worrying thing out of the interview is the Delli Ali situation. Brendan said that he thought he had him, had spoken to the player and his parents and agreed terms, but then the club couldn't agree the fee. He was 5 million quid FFS! That is a staggering piece of mismanagement, prolly by Ayre.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #779: Jan 17, 2016 08:24:35 pm
      Can't believe we let them win that game today.. Gutted..
      They we're sh*te.. up until when that short corner came in they had done F**k all.
      Then Giant Microphone knock's it onto the bar and Shrek finishes it off..
      Wel pissed off right now..

It's games like these that Jürgen is gradually seeing for himself how some of our players just ain't good enough...

As much as we had so much possession we played nervous football at times and many players held on to it instead of releasing it early..
      Ibe & Firmino both tried that extra dummy turn on the wing and ran it over the line.
      Emre Can gave the ball away loads of times being hesitant..
      All our shots on goal we're way off.. apart from two efforts in the second half.
      Lallana's too lightweight..and that moment when he went through and headed it down at the oncoming goalkeeper sums him up and there lies our problem..
      Dya think a Suarez, Rush, Mcdermott or a Gerrard running onto that would've headed it downwards?....don't thinks so..

I need a drink...

DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #780: Jan 17, 2016 08:54:39 pm
      Missed the game but followed live text as much as I could. Sounded depressingly poor all round, but still unfortunate to lose.

Ridiculous yet again. We have not fight in the team. No ambition. No care.

Yet again, LFC Manager has set us up wrongly. Not a dig at Klopp, but for him to be talking up Ferguson and his massive respect for Man Utd etc. etc. does make me wonder how much he got at the team to go and destroy them. In this game, LFC really have to be set out to hurt Utd.

Brendan never did it. Always talking about it being '3 points'. 
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #781: Jan 17, 2016 08:55:47 pm
      Again, don't want to bash Hendo, he's not captain for nothing. And he'd always be one of my first names on the sheet. But because he is captain, and is also CM, it's hard not make the comparison to SG.
      I really miss SG this season, from seeing him walking out on the pitch holding the kids hand at the start, to clapping hands over head to the fans at the end. And everything in between :)  You knew with him on the pitch it was never over, something special was always possible. His 10 goals per season, or whatever it was, deffo came in handy too.
      Irreplaceable , Carra also these type of players cannot really be replaced the blood of the club of which It is sadly missing. Utd suffering also from lack of homegrown fighters and both games this season have bern woeful because of it

Quick Reply