Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

The "It's all Brendan Rodgers fault" thread.

Read 6870 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Re: The "It's all Brendan Rodgers fault" thread.
      Reply #23: Jan 17, 2016 10:29:38 pm
      Still find it hard to believe that we didn't include Sanchez in the Suarez deal. No Sanchez, NO DEAL!

I know, would make sense, but I think Sanchez maybe just didnt want to come.

To me, the damning thing is that after Sanchez signed for Arsenal (10th July according to Wikipedia), we still had til 1st September to get in somebody else.

I remember weeks going by with us showing no sign of going for anybody. In the end I was relieved we went for Balo cos at least we were getting in someone other than just Rickie Lambert!

Brendan maybe felt relieved too by that point, but like I say, a stronger manager, knowing his own worth, and with his own stock very high, wouldnt have let it get to that point. I can imagine the shitstorm Rafa would have been kicking up over that summer.
      Klopp too I suspect.
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2016 10:40:42 pm

No, I'll blame Rodgers for allowing himself to be undermined. Why aren't people getting this? Rodgers was given a list including Balotelli. Rather than wait until the next window for new options, he said yes I'll take Balotelli and wasted money on panic buys. Lets not pretend here that the transfer committee held a gun to his head and forced him to pick someone off the list. He just chose what he believed was the best option of a bad bunch, and that still makes it his fault.

If I give you a list with the options:

a) assault someone
      b) shoot someone
      c) stab someone

What are you going to do? Are you just going to pick one of the options of the list? are you going to assault someone because its not as bad an option as the others? What a ridiculous attitude. I'd hope others would pick the right option, which isn't on the list, and would say I'm not selecting any of those options.

I'm sorry but I'm laughing at people acting as if Rodgers was backed up against a wall and is some sort of victim of evil owners and the transfer committee here, and then, even if he was backed up against a wall, he should have broken the wall down in the best interests of the club rather than serving himself.

If Rodgers' attitude to the transfer committee's lists was 'ok, lets just pick the least shitty option now' then its no surprise that we now have a club of average players. The main point remains, nobody forced him to buy any of those players. He could have given youth players a go instead of signing Balotelli. When asked about it by the press he could have just said he didn't think the right striker was available in the window and he's making do with what he has.

I can't believe it honestly. The guy has literally admitted to pissing money up the wall and our fans are lapping it up like clapping seals whilst trying to act as if he's the victim of some evil regime. Yes, I'm sure Lord Ian Ayre of Merseyside Rock threatened to have him beheaded if he did not pledge allegiance to the transfer committee's recommendations and pick at least one every time a list of options was prepared.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Jan 17, 2016 10:47:30 pm
      I wasn't actually blaming the committee there, but they're not blame free.
      Nice post though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2016 10:58:08 pm
      Colin Pascoe & Mike Marsh like this thread.

:gt-happyup:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Jan 17, 2016 10:58:41 pm
      Colin Pascoe & Mike Marsh like this thread.

:gt-happyup:

Threw them under the bus the b**tard.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #28: Jan 17, 2016 11:02:59 pm
      Blame the committee/owners. (Edit: There is cynical sarcasm attached to this post. Rant away though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkGyxzILgY

Quite frankly I think he's talking a bit of sh*te here and passing the buck.

I am 100% convinced we have players here that he wanted and the 'committee' allowed him to sign who we paid massive money for.

The 'committee' haven't got every signing 100% right but what club does but for Brendan to sit there and make out he was hard done by when he was allowed to spend £25M on Lallana, £32M on Benteke etc etc I plain wrong.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Reply #29: Jan 17, 2016 11:04:05 pm
      Blame the committee/owners. (Edit: There is cynical sarcasm attached to this post. Rant away though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkGyxzILgY

Yeah, I noticed he didnt stand up for any of those players that were signed either.
      In too big a rush to say dont look at me.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #30: Jan 17, 2016 11:05:48 pm
      Yeah, I noticed he didnt stand up for any of those players that were signed either.

Yep and his buddies in the English press with their insular attitude to how players are signed are happy to let him.

Now I'm not a huge Brendan 'hater' like some on here but on this occasion he is deflecting the blame and many on here seem to be falling for it.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #31: Jan 17, 2016 11:06:55 pm
      It was only a matter of time before he spilled the beans , the more that comes out the better .
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Jan 17, 2016 11:11:32 pm

Exactly.
      That's why I posted it.

Rodgers playing the "It wasn't me" card as he looks to get back into management.

Sanchez on the list. Maybe if Klopp was here and not Rodgers, at the time, he come's to Melwood.

That said, we know the under 24 target signing point is bang on.
      Buy them young and sell them on.
      The biggest issue is with the other signings that came in.
      Brendan has final call on them regardless and they were mediocre players.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #33: Jan 17, 2016 11:18:34 pm
      I do find it funny that when Brendan was here the vast majority of posters on here said he talked bollocks and didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth yet now he's criticising the 'committee' people seem happy to believe him word for word and it's poor Brendan who had all these players foisted on him and he couldn't get the players he wanted.

Bollocks.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #34: Jan 17, 2016 11:21:14 pm
      I've got fond memories of Rodgers time even though it all went pear shaped, I'm not going to mock him, Of course his & transfer committee's legacy is here still for us all to witness.
      The squad isn't terrible. We need some quality in areas and to be consistent.
      Rodgers did good work here and he didn't take us back to the stone age or whatever.
      I haven't really got anything I have to get off my chest about him. We moved on and we have an exciting new manager who most of us would have chose. Some of them won't suit his system, some of them never even suited Rodgers system.

When I say I'm not going to mock him, it doesn't mean I'd dislike people for doing it, I have no desire to because it's been thought about and weighed up enough for me.

But, it's still an interesting topic!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Jan 17, 2016 11:24:33 pm
      I've got fond memories of Rodgers time even though it all went pear shaped

Me too but, as JD pointed out, they all seem to be Suarez related.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36: Jan 17, 2016 11:25:45 pm
      I do find it funny that when Brendan was here the vast majority of posters on here said he talked bollocks and didn't believe a word taht came out of his mouth yet now he's criticising the 'committee' people seem happy to believe him word for word and it's poor Brendan who had all these players foisted on him and he couldn't get the players he wanted.

Bollocks.

Haven't seen too much of that Si, I think he was talking bollocks while he was here, he's contradicting himself again and is the worst snake oil salesman out there. A total bullshit merchant.

You can read through the lines of bullshit and pick out the bits that seem logical and fit, such as the list of players but as for his assertion that you have to choose one he always had the choice to stand up for himself and us for that matter while he was here. Instead he choose to accept his lot, keep cashing the cheques and brown nosing the owners. All he's done by releasing this self saving piece is look more and more like the person people accused him of.

He would fight for his life for Brendan Rodgers, never for Liverpool Football Club and he's using anything he can to attempt to deflect from his tarnished reputation. Poor form.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #37: Jan 17, 2016 11:27:05 pm
      Me too but, as JD pointed out, they all seem to be Suarez related.

I think that's a little unfair Racer.

Brendan gets massive credit from me from setting up that side in 13/14 to get the best of the players he had and he defintely changed how he played for that run in and recognised he had a trio of forwards with Phil behind and Gerrard sitting deep that would kill most teams.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #38: Jan 17, 2016 11:30:03 pm
      It appears to me that whenever Lallana plays sh!te, or Benteke misses a sitter, or we lose a game, or Lovren makes an error, or Mignolet just is Mignolet, it's always Brendan Rodgers fault. Now I'm not saying for one second that any of that or all of it isn't his fault, but I do find it kind of clogs up sensible discussions about other stuff.

So I thought I'd start a thread about it then everyone who's got an axe to grind about the previous manager can come in here to put the boot in.

I think it's a good idea, I'm not sure the mods will go for it but it makes perfect sense to me.

I'm not sure the mods will go for it either.

Topic Locked.

Quick Reply