Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Wed 20th Jan 20:00 KO

Read 7884 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Wed 20th Jan 20:00 KO
      Jan 18, 2016 08:00:15 pm
      Bogdan

Clyne
      Toure
      Ilori
      Smith

Henderson (c)
      Allen
      Emre Can

Ibe
      Benteke
      Teixeira

Subs: Fulton; Randall, Enrique; Lucas, Brannagan; Ojo; Sinclair.

Apparently both Ward and Caulker are ineligible, I can see a strong side here with a mixture of youth and experience.

Confident of a win no matter who we put out to be honest, 3-0 to us.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016 09:43:53 pm by JD »
      Thames Valley Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | 19 
      Re: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Weds 20th Jan 20:00KO
      Reply #1: Jan 18, 2016 09:42:11 pm
      I suspect we will drop a few ourselves now we won at Leyton Orient, I suspect we need to concentrate on the league. For our team I will go:

Pym (England U19 International)

Riberio (His magic you know..you will never get past Riberio)
      Craig Woodman (Best Left Back in League 2)
      Read (Debutant built like a brick out house)
      Troy  CB
      Jordan Moore Taylor (Captain)
      Oakley (Club Captain Aged 39)
      Noble (If Fit)
      Nicholls
      Holmes
      Steve Flack

Away end sold out in about 48 hours

COYR

TVR

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Weds 20th Jan 20:00KO
      Reply #2: Jan 18, 2016 09:49:11 pm
      The only way I'd contemplate starting with Bogdan, is if Exeter gives us a 3 goal start.

No messing at all with this match. We need to win, and we need to win well.

If the players do not step up, then they can step down. This should be a walk in the park anything less will be a disgrace.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Wed 20th Jan 20:00 KO
      Reply #3: Jan 18, 2016 09:53:03 pm
      This is a game that after the last three results that we really have to win.
      Have to play a stronger selection than the first fixture and put this one to bed early.
      I love to see the youngsters play but now is the time to build a winning mentality

Mig
      Clyne
      Toure
      Sakho
      Moreno
      Lucas
      Henderson
      Milner
      Ibe
      Firmino
      Benteke

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016 10:36:08 pm by lester76 »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Wed 20th Jan 20:00 KO
      Reply #4: Jan 18, 2016 10:32:40 pm
      Please go out and win. That's all anybody is asking for.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jan 18, 2016 11:37:52 pm
      I think we'll see a mixture of first teamers and a few under 21's on Wednesday, need to get this game won in the 90 minutes, don't want extra and pens, gonna be late enough back as it is..... this will be a wonderful experience for Exeter fans and fully deserved pay out for the club after the first game, sure they'll enjoy playing at Anfield, but we must show no mercy and put them to the sword, wanna see a good few goals flying in.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #6: Jan 18, 2016 11:42:43 pm
      I'd go with: Mignolet; Clyne, Ilori, Toure, Smith; Allen, Lucas, Brannagan; Ojo, Benteke, Teixeira.

I wouldn't have Sakho, Henderson, or Can anywhere near the squad. Sakho and Henderson should be wrapped up and Can has played a lot of football lately. Annoying that Ward and Caulker cannot play, but we'll have to make do I suppose.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7: Jan 18, 2016 11:50:49 pm
      Mignolet and Bogdan are around the same level now. In the last 3 games mignolets let 3 times more goals in than he has saved. Doesnt matter who we have in goal now.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #8: Jan 18, 2016 11:54:26 pm
      Mignolet and Bogdan are around the same level now. In the last 3 games mignolets let 3 times more goals in than he has saved. Doesnt matter who we have in goal now.

I don't rate Mignolet at all and think he's as average as they come, but Bogdan is a significantly worse keeper. Barring an injury crisis, Bogdan should never play for us again.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #9: Jan 18, 2016 11:58:35 pm
      I'm still not entirely sure there is much in it between Mignolet and Bogdan - marginal at best - not a huge gulf.  I'm not sure we would still be in the League Cup if it had been Mignolet facing those pens in the earlier rounds.

But anyway

Expecting a slightly more senior team than the last game, although maybe only one or two players more.  Surely Benteke can get a couple at home to Exeter, surely he can?

I hope some of the kids get a chance to go to this game - ticket prices seemed a little bit better although my fear is that the auto-cup users will have banked their tickets and decided just to sit on them to keep the credits and not turn up midweek.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Jan 19, 2016 12:13:14 am

I don't rate Mignolet at all and think he's as average as they come, but Bogdan is a significantly worse keeper. Barring an injury crisis, Bogdan should never play for us again.

Completely agree...Bogdan shouldn't be anywhere near Melwood, let alone Anfield.

I'm still not entirely sure there is much in it between Mignolet and Bogdan - marginal at best - not a huge gulf.  I'm not sure we would still be in the League Cup if it had been Mignolet facing those pens in the earlier rounds.

But anyway

Expecting a slightly more senior team than the last game, although maybe only one or two players more.  Surely Benteke can get a couple at home to Exeter, surely he can?

I hope some of the kids get a chance to go to this game - ticket prices seemed a little bit better although my fear is that the auto-cup users will have banked their tickets and decided just to sit on them to keep the credits and not turn up midweek.

Benteke needs to shift his arse a bit more if he wants to be amongst the goals, that fella could be one hell of a player if he just moved out of first gear, frustrates the hell out of me.

When i went to get my ticket, there was nothing left at all in the Kop, so I'm in the paddock, sitting next to Jürgen  ;) I'll be advising him who to play  :laugh: I know a few who have tickets for this but have no intention of going, sad really.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #11: Jan 19, 2016 12:17:12 am
      In regard to Big Ben, I totally agree that he hasn't performed for us but instead of deriding the fella perhaps consider that he just isn't suited to our way of playing.
      Balotelli is quite a talented player also but he too wasn't suited to how Rodgers wanted to play and most probably not a klopp type either.
      It is far too easy to be a key board warrior and attack players (sturridge's injuries for example) rather than see the bigger picture.
      Not addressing  any poster in particular. Just a general sentiment.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #12: Jan 19, 2016 12:32:26 am
      Bogdan

Clyne
      Toure
      Ilori
      Smith

Henderson (c)
      Allen
      Emre Can

Ibe
      Benteke
      Teixeira

Subs: Fulton; Randall, Enrique; Lucas, Brannagan; Ojo; Sinclair.

Apparently both Ward and Caulker are ineligible, I can see a strong side here with a mixture of youth and experience.

Confident of a win no matter who we put out to be honest, 3-0 to us.

Let me teak this for you

Bogdan

Clyne
      Toure
      Sakho
      Smith

Lucas(c)
      Brannagan
      Emre Can

Kent
      Ojo
      Teixeira

Subs: Fulton; Randall, Ilori, Frimino, Allen,Benteke, Ibe.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #13: Jan 19, 2016 01:08:30 am
      Let me teak this for you

Bogdan

Clyne
      Toure
      Sakho
      Smith

Lucas(c)
      Brannagan
      Emre Can

Kent
      Ojo
      Teixeira

Subs: Fulton; Randall, Ilori, Frimino, Allen,Benteke, Ibe.
      Sad thing is that I have little faith that your team selection would actually get a win.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #14: Jan 19, 2016 03:39:47 am
                                Ward
      Flanno        Ilori           Caulker        Smith
                      Rossiter    Can
             Ibe             Teixera          Sinclair
                             Benteke

Bench: Migs, Toure, Randall, Chirivella, Henderson, Lallana,  Firmino

Young uns deserve it. Flanno back will make my day.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Jan 19, 2016 07:38:18 am
      I  am going for a big win with plenty of goals for us,after the Manure sh*te it's the least we deserve.I am hoping our defence does not come under pressure so we should not have to worry if it is Mignolet or Bogdan in goal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16: Jan 19, 2016 08:42:22 am
      Let's go for Enrique in goal if it's true that Ward isn't eligible.  :P

I have no idea what Team we will put out but just F***ing win PLEASE!

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,179 posts | 528 
      Reply #17: Jan 19, 2016 09:20:42 am
      I think we'll see a mixture of first teamers and a few under 21's on Wednesday, need to get this game won in the 90 minutes, don't want extra and pens, gonna be late enough back as it is..... this will be a wonderful experience for Exeter fans and fully deserved pay out for the club after the first game, sure they'll enjoy playing at Anfield, but we must show no mercy and put them to the sword, wanna see a good few goals flying in.

This all day long.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: Jan 19, 2016 09:30:37 am
      Hendo needs match fitness and has to be more sharp. I would definitely play him cos there isn't a better crosser for Benteke

Mignolet
      Randall-Ilori-Sakho-Smith
      Hendo-Allen-Brannagan
      Ibe-Teixeira
      Benteke

Subs- Bogdan, Clyne, Toure, Lucas, Lallana, Firmino, Ojo
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #19: Jan 19, 2016 09:51:54 am
      its a game we really can't afford to lose or our season will hinge on winning the League Cup. I think we will go strong and if we are in a good position take players off. I would play the same side as Sunday and tell them to do something for the crowd they let down so badly against UTD
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20: Jan 19, 2016 11:43:49 am
      its a game we really can't afford to lose or our season will hinge on winning the League Cup.

Yep, agree. Treading water in the PL. Could really do with keeping interest in this competition. Would still play some of the young lads, eg. Tex, Smith,  but would also like to see some of the experienced lads like Hendo to make sure we put these away on the night.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21: Jan 19, 2016 11:48:20 am
      Sad thing is that I have little faith that your team selection would actually get a win.
      As likely as yours... ;) but at least this line up has more to prove so it it more likely to have more fight in it
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #22: Jan 19, 2016 03:30:03 pm
      I just created about 6 different starting XIs and I have virtually no confidence in any of them. Yeesh.

Quick Reply