Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Wed 20th Jan 20:00 KO

Read 7848 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Wed 20th Jan 20:00 KO
      Jan 18, 2016 08:00:15 pm
      Bogdan

Clyne
      Toure
      Ilori
      Smith

Henderson (c)
      Allen
      Emre Can

Ibe
      Benteke
      Teixeira

Subs: Fulton; Randall, Enrique; Lucas, Brannagan; Ojo; Sinclair.

Apparently both Ward and Caulker are ineligible, I can see a strong side here with a mixture of youth and experience.

Confident of a win no matter who we put out to be honest, 3-0 to us.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016 09:43:53 pm by JD »
      Thames Valley Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | 19 
      Re: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Weds 20th Jan 20:00KO
      Reply #1: Jan 18, 2016 09:42:11 pm
      I suspect we will drop a few ourselves now we won at Leyton Orient, I suspect we need to concentrate on the league. For our team I will go:

Pym (England U19 International)

Riberio (His magic you know..you will never get past Riberio)
      Craig Woodman (Best Left Back in League 2)
      Read (Debutant built like a brick out house)
      Troy  CB
      Jordan Moore Taylor (Captain)
      Oakley (Club Captain Aged 39)
      Noble (If Fit)
      Nicholls
      Holmes
      Steve Flack

Away end sold out in about 48 hours

COYR

TVR

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Weds 20th Jan 20:00KO
      Reply #2: Jan 18, 2016 09:49:11 pm
      The only way I'd contemplate starting with Bogdan, is if Exeter gives us a 3 goal start.

No messing at all with this match. We need to win, and we need to win well.

If the players do not step up, then they can step down. This should be a walk in the park anything less will be a disgrace.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Wed 20th Jan 20:00 KO
      Reply #3: Jan 18, 2016 09:53:03 pm
      This is a game that after the last three results that we really have to win.
      Have to play a stronger selection than the first fixture and put this one to bed early.
      I love to see the youngsters play but now is the time to build a winning mentality

Mig
      Clyne
      Toure
      Sakho
      Moreno
      Lucas
      Henderson
      Milner
      Ibe
      Firmino
      Benteke

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016 10:36:08 pm by lester76 »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Exeter FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Wed 20th Jan 20:00 KO
      Reply #4: Jan 18, 2016 10:32:40 pm
      Please go out and win. That's all anybody is asking for.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jan 18, 2016 11:37:52 pm
      I think we'll see a mixture of first teamers and a few under 21's on Wednesday, need to get this game won in the 90 minutes, don't want extra and pens, gonna be late enough back as it is..... this will be a wonderful experience for Exeter fans and fully deserved pay out for the club after the first game, sure they'll enjoy playing at Anfield, but we must show no mercy and put them to the sword, wanna see a good few goals flying in.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #6: Jan 18, 2016 11:42:43 pm
      I'd go with: Mignolet; Clyne, Ilori, Toure, Smith; Allen, Lucas, Brannagan; Ojo, Benteke, Teixeira.

I wouldn't have Sakho, Henderson, or Can anywhere near the squad. Sakho and Henderson should be wrapped up and Can has played a lot of football lately. Annoying that Ward and Caulker cannot play, but we'll have to make do I suppose.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7: Jan 18, 2016 11:50:49 pm
      Mignolet and Bogdan are around the same level now. In the last 3 games mignolets let 3 times more goals in than he has saved. Doesnt matter who we have in goal now.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #8: Jan 18, 2016 11:54:26 pm
      Mignolet and Bogdan are around the same level now. In the last 3 games mignolets let 3 times more goals in than he has saved. Doesnt matter who we have in goal now.

I don't rate Mignolet at all and think he's as average as they come, but Bogdan is a significantly worse keeper. Barring an injury crisis, Bogdan should never play for us again.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6973 
      Reply #9: Jan 18, 2016 11:58:35 pm
      I'm still not entirely sure there is much in it between Mignolet and Bogdan - marginal at best - not a huge gulf.  I'm not sure we would still be in the League Cup if it had been Mignolet facing those pens in the earlier rounds.

But anyway

Expecting a slightly more senior team than the last game, although maybe only one or two players more.  Surely Benteke can get a couple at home to Exeter, surely he can?

I hope some of the kids get a chance to go to this game - ticket prices seemed a little bit better although my fear is that the auto-cup users will have banked their tickets and decided just to sit on them to keep the credits and not turn up midweek.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Jan 19, 2016 12:13:14 am

I don't rate Mignolet at all and think he's as average as they come, but Bogdan is a significantly worse keeper. Barring an injury crisis, Bogdan should never play for us again.

Completely agree...Bogdan shouldn't be anywhere near Melwood, let alone Anfield.

I'm still not entirely sure there is much in it between Mignolet and Bogdan - marginal at best - not a huge gulf.  I'm not sure we would still be in the League Cup if it had been Mignolet facing those pens in the earlier rounds.

But anyway

Expecting a slightly more senior team than the last game, although maybe only one or two players more.  Surely Benteke can get a couple at home to Exeter, surely he can?

I hope some of the kids get a chance to go to this game - ticket prices seemed a little bit better although my fear is that the auto-cup users will have banked their tickets and decided just to sit on them to keep the credits and not turn up midweek.

Benteke needs to shift his arse a bit more if he wants to be amongst the goals, that fella could be one hell of a player if he just moved out of first gear, frustrates the hell out of me.

When i went to get my ticket, there was nothing left at all in the Kop, so I'm in the paddock, sitting next to Jürgen  ;) I'll be advising him who to play  :laugh: I know a few who have tickets for this but have no intention of going, sad really.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #11: Jan 19, 2016 12:17:12 am
      In regard to Big Ben, I totally agree that he hasn't performed for us but instead of deriding the fella perhaps consider that he just isn't suited to our way of playing.
      Balotelli is quite a talented player also but he too wasn't suited to how Rodgers wanted to play and most probably not a klopp type either.
      It is far too easy to be a key board warrior and attack players (sturridge's injuries for example) rather than see the bigger picture.
      Not addressing  any poster in particular. Just a general sentiment.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #12: Jan 19, 2016 12:32:26 am
      Bogdan

Clyne
      Toure
      Ilori
      Smith

Henderson (c)
      Allen
      Emre Can

Ibe
      Benteke
      Teixeira

Subs: Fulton; Randall, Enrique; Lucas, Brannagan; Ojo; Sinclair.

Apparently both Ward and Caulker are ineligible, I can see a strong side here with a mixture of youth and experience.

Confident of a win no matter who we put out to be honest, 3-0 to us.

Let me teak this for you

Bogdan

Clyne
      Toure
      Sakho
      Smith

Lucas(c)
      Brannagan
      Emre Can

Kent
      Ojo
      Teixeira

Subs: Fulton; Randall, Ilori, Frimino, Allen,Benteke, Ibe.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #13: Jan 19, 2016 01:08:30 am
      Let me teak this for you

Bogdan

Clyne
      Toure
      Sakho
      Smith

Lucas(c)
      Brannagan
      Emre Can

Kent
      Ojo
      Teixeira

Subs: Fulton; Randall, Ilori, Frimino, Allen,Benteke, Ibe.
      Sad thing is that I have little faith that your team selection would actually get a win.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,935 posts | 284 
      Reply #14: Jan 19, 2016 03:39:47 am
                                Ward
      Flanno        Ilori           Caulker        Smith
                      Rossiter    Can
             Ibe             Teixera          Sinclair
                             Benteke

Bench: Migs, Toure, Randall, Chirivella, Henderson, Lallana,  Firmino

Young uns deserve it. Flanno back will make my day.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Jan 19, 2016 07:38:18 am
      I  am going for a big win with plenty of goals for us,after the Manure sh*te it's the least we deserve.I am hoping our defence does not come under pressure so we should not have to worry if it is Mignolet or Bogdan in goal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6792 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16: Jan 19, 2016 08:42:22 am
      Let's go for Enrique in goal if it's true that Ward isn't eligible.  :P

I have no idea what Team we will put out but just F***ing win PLEASE!

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #17: Jan 19, 2016 09:20:42 am
      I think we'll see a mixture of first teamers and a few under 21's on Wednesday, need to get this game won in the 90 minutes, don't want extra and pens, gonna be late enough back as it is..... this will be a wonderful experience for Exeter fans and fully deserved pay out for the club after the first game, sure they'll enjoy playing at Anfield, but we must show no mercy and put them to the sword, wanna see a good few goals flying in.

This all day long.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: Jan 19, 2016 09:30:37 am
      Hendo needs match fitness and has to be more sharp. I would definitely play him cos there isn't a better crosser for Benteke

Mignolet
      Randall-Ilori-Sakho-Smith
      Hendo-Allen-Brannagan
      Ibe-Teixeira
      Benteke

Subs- Bogdan, Clyne, Toure, Lucas, Lallana, Firmino, Ojo
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,649 posts | 7150 
      Reply #19: Jan 19, 2016 09:51:54 am
      its a game we really can't afford to lose or our season will hinge on winning the League Cup. I think we will go strong and if we are in a good position take players off. I would play the same side as Sunday and tell them to do something for the crowd they let down so badly against UTD
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,601 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20: Jan 19, 2016 11:43:49 am
      its a game we really can't afford to lose or our season will hinge on winning the League Cup.

Yep, agree. Treading water in the PL. Could really do with keeping interest in this competition. Would still play some of the young lads, eg. Tex, Smith,  but would also like to see some of the experienced lads like Hendo to make sure we put these away on the night.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21: Jan 19, 2016 11:48:20 am
      Sad thing is that I have little faith that your team selection would actually get a win.
      As likely as yours... ;) but at least this line up has more to prove so it it more likely to have more fight in it
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #22: Jan 19, 2016 03:30:03 pm
      I just created about 6 different starting XIs and I have virtually no confidence in any of them. Yeesh.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,493 posts | 3442 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #23: Jan 19, 2016 04:21:34 pm
      I suspect we will drop a few ourselves now we won at Leyton Orient, I suspect we need to concentrate on the league. For our team I will go:

Pym (England U19 International)

Riberio (His magic you know..you will never get past Riberio)
      Craig Woodman (Best Left Back in League 2)
      Read (Debutant built like a brick out house)
      Troy  CB
      Jordan Moore Taylor (Captain)
      Oakley (Club Captain Aged 39)
      Noble (If Fit)
      Nicholls
      Holmes
      Steve Flack

Away end sold out in about 48 hours

COYR

TVR

Steve flack, isn't he about 50 by now?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #24: Jan 19, 2016 04:24:50 pm
      I think we'll win this quite comfortably.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,317 posts | 770 
      Reply #25: Jan 19, 2016 05:10:24 pm
      Field a strong team, with maybe a couple of youngsters. More importantly a convincing win to at least give the fans something to cheer about, for a change. Seems to be the cup competitions are our only hope of any success.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,219 posts | 4418 
      Reply #26: Jan 19, 2016 07:21:13 pm
      Should not need a strong team at Anfield bearing in mind we will now be going 2 games a week with all the Cup competitions, so those who have already played too many games like the full backs and the ones returning back from injury should get a rest.

Migs
      Stewart
      Toure
      llori
      Smith
      Allen
      Brannagan
      Lallana
      Tex
      Ojo
      Benteke

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,462 posts | 2854 
      Reply #27: Jan 19, 2016 07:25:18 pm
      Mignolet; Randall, Toure, Ilori, Smith; Allen, Brannagan; Ibe, Tex, Ojo; Benteke.

Hopefully we get an early goal and get the job done comfortably.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,601 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Jan 19, 2016 08:18:30 pm
                  Ward
      Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Smith
          Allen, Lucas, Brannigan
           Tex Benteke Ibe

Was thinking to play Hendo, but I'd play Lucas here instead and the maybe rest him for the next PL match.
      Give Ward a run instead of Migs, see what he can do (hopefully not let it float in from a corner)
      Same back 4 apart from Smith, risky, but if get in front, could bring Sakho/Toure off then
      I'd really like to see more of Tex, give Ibe more time to work on his end product, and Ben has the beating of them in the air so hopefully he'll get some more/better service in there for that.
      We really need to stay in this competition .. let's win this in regulation time!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,219 posts | 4418 
      Reply #29: Jan 19, 2016 08:31:30 pm
                  Ward
      Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Smith
          Allen, Lucas, Brannigan
           Tex Benteke Ibe

Was thinking to play Hendo, but I'd play Lucas here instead and the maybe rest him for the next PL match.
      Give Ward a run instead of Migs, see what he can do (hopefully not let it float in from a corner)
      Same back 4 apart from Smith, risky, but if get in front, could bring Sakho/Toure off then
      I'd really like to see more of Tex, give Ibe more time to work on his end product, and Ben has the beating of them in the air so hopefully he'll get some more/better service in there for that.
      We really need to stay in this competition .. let's win this in regulation time!

Ward is Cup tied.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,601 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30: Jan 19, 2016 09:06:38 pm

Oh well, our 5 year man it is so
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #31: Jan 19, 2016 09:18:01 pm
      Perhaps the F.A. being aware of our dire goalkeeping dilemma, will let us play 9 outfield players, and we could have Migs AND Bogdan in goal !

That should give us a chance.  :f_whistle:  If only a small one.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #32: Jan 19, 2016 09:19:36 pm
      Oh well, our 5 year man it is so

Oh dear lord. Why did you remind me, I was having an O.K. sort of night until now.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #33: Jan 19, 2016 09:25:02 pm
      I think Jürgen was quoted after the first match, he would play the same side in the replay, and expect to get a result. All due to the amount of games we are expected to play here. Think a replay was the last thing he wanted, although glad of it under the circumstances.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,049 posts | 539 
      Reply #34: Jan 19, 2016 09:37:29 pm
      Definitely need to rest some of our first teamers, esp. Hendo, Can and Sakho. Clyne has played nearly every match n all. So -

Mignolet
      Randall Kolo Ilori Smith
      Ibe Brannagan  Allen Ojo
                   Texeira
                Benteke   

Looks an ok team to me
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #35: Jan 19, 2016 09:44:20 pm
      Is it extra time and pens in F.A. Cup replays now, or another reply should we draw again ?
      I know it used to be replay after replay, but sure that got changed some years ago. Whats the latest, anyone know for sure ?    :f_doh:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #36: Jan 19, 2016 09:51:56 pm
      C'mon, Aston freakin' Villa just won their replay 2-0. No reason why we shouldn't.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #37: Jan 19, 2016 10:00:22 pm
      Is it extra time and pens in F.A. Cup replays now, or another reply should we draw again ?
      I know it used to be replay after replay, but sure that got changed some years ago. Whats the latest, anyone know for sure ?
      Just seeing the extra time being played at Bradford and Yeovil, so question answered.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Jan 19, 2016 10:05:45 pm
      Just seeing the extra time being played at Bradford and Yeovil, so question answered.

Then penalty, if still draw.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,219 posts | 4418 
      Reply #39: Jan 19, 2016 10:37:40 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2858 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #40: Jan 19, 2016 10:43:59 pm

How is this? Thought he was up at Aberdeen for the past 6 months?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,219 posts | 4418 
      Reply #41: Jan 19, 2016 10:45:13 pm
      How is this? Thought he was up at Aberdeen for the past 6 months?

He was not registered for the first game at their ground mate. Same for Caulker.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2858 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42: Jan 19, 2016 10:46:10 pm

He was not registered for the first game at their ground mate. Same for Caulker.

Cheers pal
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #43: Jan 20, 2016 12:20:47 am
      : S Mignolet — C Randall, T Ilori, J Enrique, B Smith — C Brannagan, K Stewart — R Kent, J Teixeira, S Ojo — C Benteke.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Jan 20, 2016 12:23:16 am
      : S Mignolet — C Randall, T Ilori, J Enrique, B Smith — C Brannagan, K Stewart — R Kent, J Teixeira, S Ojo — C Benteke.

Is this what you think it will be or somebody else? It's crazy that we have to resort to playing Enrique at CB.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #45: Jan 20, 2016 12:24:46 am
      Is this what you think it will be or somebody else? It's crazy that we have to resort to playing Enrique at CB.

Tony Barrett's team not mine mate.

I am a little puzzled that Caulker played tonight, I would have thought this game would have been ideal for him.

EDIT just read the reason above :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6973 
      Reply #46: Jan 20, 2016 12:25:14 am
      Is this what you think it will be or somebody else?

I'm taking a punt on Sakho and Ilori.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,317 posts | 770 
      Reply #47: Jan 20, 2016 09:32:54 am
      Perhaps the F.A. being aware of our dire goalkeeping dilemma, will let us play 9 outfield players, and we could have Migs AND Bogdan in goal !

That should give us a chance.  :f_whistle:  If only a small one.

That would mean double the clangers, giving Exeter a two goal start !!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #48: Jan 20, 2016 09:50:41 am
      Why would people want to see Benteke play tonight when he had so little input on the last tie ?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #49: Jan 20, 2016 09:52:38 am
      This is bound to be a whirlwind of a game, with some dodgy tackles. Whatever team Jürgen picks, it needs to have the energy to last the full 90+ minutes so I definitely wouldn't play Can but either Milner or Henderson has to start.
      Playing a team full of kids for the FA cup would piss me off. The FA cup is a really important cup.
      It's not an experiment or reserve training exercise. I want us to go all out at the cups because, we aren't cutting it in the league and by winning rounds in the cups (that are often battles) it will cement a better winning attitude for league games.
      Plus it's nice to actually win silverware and not be aspiring towards the crappy 4th spot constantly as if it's the echelon of modern day football.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,649 posts | 7150 
      Reply #50: Jan 20, 2016 10:59:58 am
      they have 6000 supporters coming so it should be a good cup atmosphere and if we are not ready for this we could end up being shafted at home for the second time in 3 days. This is Exeter so no matter what team starts its down to them not tactics not luck not the Transfer committee they need to man up tonight or look silly.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #51: Jan 20, 2016 11:04:39 am
      Why would people want to see Benteke play tonight when he had so little input on the last tie ?

Maybe because we need to find a way to make him more effective unless we buy another striker and hopefully by him scoring a few against Exeter it may give him a little confidence.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,379 posts | 8631 
      Reply #52: Jan 20, 2016 11:20:30 am

How many other strikers we got fit?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,649 posts | 7150 
      Reply #53: Jan 20, 2016 01:08:02 pm
      We know that Benteke is no Lemon his record proves he can score goals. With no striker coming in and Sturridge  still AWOL  at what point do we try and play to his strengths I would think tonight is a great chance to try something else to see how we can use him effectively
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #54: Jan 20, 2016 01:53:21 pm
      Mignolet

Randall
      Toure
      Illori
      Smith

Lucas
      Allen

Wilson
      Teixeira
      Ojo

Kent

Subs: Fulton, Flannagan, Benteke, Brannagan, Moreno, Enrique, Lallana
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #55: Jan 20, 2016 02:53:47 pm
      Pairofgloves - Randall, Toure, Lovren, Smith - Brannagan, Allen, Teixeira - Milner, Benteke, Ojo
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #56: Jan 20, 2016 03:21:43 pm

Excited to see Smith, Ojo, Kent and Brannagan play.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #57: Jan 20, 2016 03:24:02 pm
      Excited to see Smith, Ojo, Kent and Brannagan play.

And Benteke?  :)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #58: Jan 20, 2016 03:27:53 pm
      Not too sure about Enrique at CB again. I'm OK with everyone else in the team.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #59: Jan 20, 2016 03:28:33 pm

Stopped reading after Ojo.

:D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,719 posts | 3724 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #60: Jan 20, 2016 03:31:14 pm
      I would play younger guys as I believe Klopp will do.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #61: Jan 20, 2016 03:59:12 pm
      It would be awesome if Flano can make it to the bench tonight. He'll get a rousing reception for sure! Going for a 4-4-2 diamond again based on the Boss' words

Team- Mignolet; Randall-Ilori-Sakho-Smith; Stewart-Allen-Tex-Brannagan; Ben-Ojo

Subs- Bogdan, Flano, Kolo, Chirivella, Hendo, Lallana, Kent
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,967 posts | 5023 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #62: Jan 20, 2016 04:01:41 pm

I'd have Sakho in beside Ilori S@int other than that I'd be inclined to field the same, like to see Flanno return at some point too, perhaps around the hour, get some scouse back into fight.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,649 posts | 7150 
      Reply #63: Jan 20, 2016 04:14:34 pm
      despite everything I am still looking forward to tonights game I can only assume its some kind of addiction because in reality there is nothing to look forward to playing a Div 2 team in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #64: Jan 20, 2016 04:29:25 pm
      Don't care who plays tonight, but after the huge disappointment of Sunday, let's just bury these good and proper.

5-0 red men!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #65: Jan 20, 2016 04:39:18 pm
      How many other strikers we got fit?
      Sinclair, Ojo, Firmino Can all be utilized as strikers
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,493 posts | 3442 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #66: Jan 20, 2016 04:49:11 pm
      I am old school and would prefer a full strength team, don't see need for endless and pointless chopping and changing but hope some of the young lads do themselves proud
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #67: Jan 20, 2016 04:51:25 pm
      I didn't know Can could be a striker.  ;)
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #68: Jan 20, 2016 04:52:07 pm

To be honest I won't give Sinclair the chance , Unless he changed his mind, He just does not want to play for the club, or maybe his agent does not want him to
      YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #69: Jan 20, 2016 04:56:13 pm
      To be honest I won't give Sinclair the chance , Unless he changed his mind, He just does not want to play for the club, or maybe his agent does not want him to
      YNWA

His agent is Aidy Ward, go figure.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #70: Jan 20, 2016 05:02:50 pm

All I will say is that if he was in a motorway pile up I wouldn't bother trying to save him. Football agents - scum of the earth.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #71: Jan 20, 2016 05:20:03 pm

I know he is with aidy c*nt ward. that's why I said that.
       I would not play him , with that attitude ,sorry
       he does not want to play for LFC, good , then don't will be my answer, start with ojo instead
      YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,408 posts | 6411 
      Reply #72: Jan 20, 2016 05:30:31 pm
      Anyone think it could bite us in the ass to play another youth side?

If we crash out of this competition it's not going to sit well.....
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #73: Jan 20, 2016 05:49:54 pm
      Anyone think it could bite us in the ass to play another youth side?

If we crash out of this competition it's not going to sit well.....

I would mix it up
      say
      clyne illori sakho smith
        allen-Lucas  texeira
        firmino-Ojo-milner
      some are saying Ward cannot play? if he can I will play him
      and if coulker is not cup-tied I would try him too
      YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,649 posts | 7150 
      Reply #74: Jan 20, 2016 06:10:05 pm
      I am old school and would prefer a full strength team, don't see need for endless and pointless chopping and changing but hope some of the young lads do themselves proud

me too but I think we are in the minority playing players in form is a thing of the past not that many of our players are in form
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #75: Jan 20, 2016 06:16:59 pm
      I would mix it up
      say
      clyne illori sakho smith
        allen-Lucas  texeira
        firmino-Ojo-milner
      some are saying Ward cannot play? if he can I will play him
      and if coulker is not cup-tied I would try him too
      YNWA

now way Sakho plays today, he has just come back from an injury, Klopp won't risk him.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #76: Jan 20, 2016 06:20:56 pm
      now way Sakho plays today, he has just come back from an injury, Klopp won't risk him.

He's always coming back from injury though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,474 posts | 4593 
      Reply #77: Jan 20, 2016 06:23:40 pm
      I fancy us progressing 3-1.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #78: Jan 20, 2016 06:26:43 pm

let me guess, they score from a corner ?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #79: Jan 20, 2016 06:33:03 pm
      So, I predict Mignolet will be at fault for one of the goals and Klopp says we need to tighten the defense.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #80: Jan 20, 2016 06:39:47 pm
      So, I predict Mignolet will be at fault for one of the goals and Klopp says we need to tighten the defense.

Why not predict that someone who plays for Liverpool scores or has a good game?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #81: Jan 20, 2016 06:40:03 pm
      Once again I'm going to miss this match so will be relying on updates from you guys till motd later.

I hope the youngsters get the chance to finish the job tonight, we've still too many seniors coming back from injury or needing to rest up as we have another big game to contend with next week. 

They're more than capable of beating a League 2 outfit, on our own turf, with our own crowd behind them.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #82: Jan 20, 2016 06:50:56 pm
      Why not predict that someone who plays for Liverpool scores or has a good game?

Because there's no false sense of pride in the "I told you so" moment in an optimistic approach. Whereas pessimism has a much higher perceived glory factor.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see Migs in net, Ilori and Caulker in the backline together with Randall and Smith on the wings. Would actually love to see Chirivella and Can given a start together in the midfield (unlikely) as well as Kent, Tex, Ojo, and Benteke up top.

Want to see Tex given the creative freedom of a Coutinho. Let's see a 2-0 or 3-0 win here. Backline and Migs better keep it tight.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #83: Jan 20, 2016 06:59:28 pm
      Because there's no false sense of pride in the "I told you so" moment in an optimistic approach. Whereas pessimism has a much higher perceived glory factor.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see Migs in net, Ilori and Caulker in the backline together with Randall and Smith on the wings. Would actually love to see Chirivella and Can given a start together in the midfield (unlikely) as well as Kent, Tex, Ojo, and Benteke up top.

Want to see Tex given the creative freedom of a Coutinho. Let's see a 2-0 or 3-0 win here. Backline and Migs better keep it tight.

True, it did cross my mind, but I deleted the rest of my post to do with the I told you so thing.
      It's like wanting to lose before the game has started, a form of sports related masochism maybe, I'm starting to sound like a shrink so I'll focus on footy again and won't really judge Riba, it's probably how he psyches himself up for the big events.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #84: Jan 20, 2016 07:00:58 pm
      I see same basically  lineup as 1st leg
       Now I am getting worried
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,408 posts | 6411 
      Reply #85: Jan 20, 2016 07:01:14 pm
      Enrique is captain??  Oh dear.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #86: Jan 20, 2016 07:07:14 pm
      Hendo needs match fitness and has to be more sharp. I would definitely play him

Unless he needs to rest his knackered foot !
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #87: Jan 20, 2016 07:07:28 pm

Quick Reply