Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Read 88375 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Re: Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)
      Reply #874: Jan 30, 2016 12:20:53 pm
      Only problem with the price is, we can't afford to pay £43 mill for a player, or we refuse to, and if he scores a load more this season, we won't get him cheaper when his contract runs down, cos Chelsea, City, Real, Barca PSG etc will all be after him, and WILL pay the mega bucks.
       We only seem to identify the better players, for the clubs with the big dosh to pile in ahead of us.
      I don't think the fella has a desire to just play for Liverpool, he'd go to any top club in the prem for more exposure. It just happens to be us who's made the offer so far.
      Be surprised if this ever happens now.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #875: Jan 30, 2016 01:06:18 pm
      Looks like we only made one offer, and they are not willing to sell in January.

Shakhtar's chief executive Sergei Palkin told Ukrainian TV channel Football 1: "Liverpool stopped after an offer of £24m and a £3m bonus.

"We obviously refused to accept it. This is the last number that was announced. Our position is that we do not want to sell Teixeira today.

"We will sell him only at the end of the season. We need to have some good results in the Europa League and the Ukraine championship.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10147539/alex-teixeira-cost-too-much-for-liverpool-says-shakhtar-donetsk-chief
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #876: Jan 30, 2016 02:55:28 pm

And we obviously would have known this when it all started so why oh why are we pissing around acting like a small club?

Ridiculous and truthfully embarrassing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #877: Jan 30, 2016 03:18:29 pm
      Some chief dickhead has said Liverpool can forget about signing Teixeira unless they pay £53m.
      Put Ian Ayre back in his box.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/shakhtar-chief-executive-liverpool-can-10806292
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #878: Jan 30, 2016 03:34:25 pm
      Never known the club to do anything on a Sunday so I guess its deadline day or bust on this one. Cant help but think on this one though that our bid never really got off the ground.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #879: Jan 30, 2016 04:35:18 pm
      I think we probably upset the owner with our low ball offer. Not for the first time as we did similar when we offered £12million for Suarez.

Maybe once in a hundred you might get the player cheap by going in so far below the players value, but more often than not you just make the owners angry and then they start to put obstacles in the way.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #880: Jan 30, 2016 04:52:07 pm
      Yep, bit like if you're selling a car for ten grand and you'd actually take eight and a half. Someone offers you five, and the price to them for taking the piss is the minimum of nine and a half.
      baz_no5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8 posts |
      Reply #881: Jan 30, 2016 07:02:47 pm
      If the player continues to seek the move then i would think there was a good chance of Shakhtar lowering the asking price. As we all know when a player puts himself before the club they get sold. fingers crossed anyway.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #882: Jan 30, 2016 07:26:29 pm
      If the player continues to seek the move then i would think there was a good chance of Shakhtar lowering the asking price. As we all know when a player puts himself before the club they get sold. fingers crossed anyway.

Not within the next few days though.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #883: Jan 30, 2016 08:13:20 pm
      Rather get Berahino at this point
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #884: Jan 30, 2016 08:34:55 pm

No thanks, the lad is poisonous in the dressing room.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #885: Jan 30, 2016 08:37:25 pm

... why?
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #886: Jan 30, 2016 09:57:58 pm
      I think we probably upset the owner with our low ball offer. Not for the first time as we did similar when we offered £12million for Suarez.

Maybe once in a hundred you might get the player cheap by going in so far below the players value, but more often than not you just make the owners angry and then they start to put obstacles in the way.

Ayre haggles with the checkout girl in Tesco ffs .

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #887: Jan 30, 2016 10:03:57 pm
      Giving up on this player smacks of giving up on this season. We showed again tonight how desperate we are for goals in the squad.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #888: Jan 30, 2016 10:25:15 pm
      Giving up on this player smacks of giving up on this season. We showed again tonight how desperate we are for goals in the squad.

That's the big worry mate, I really don't fancy gambling on Sturridge to get/stay fit. We just need someone to give us that boost with a few goals and this could still be a season to remember.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #889: Jan 30, 2016 10:42:22 pm
      Small club mentality. This whole saga was ridiculous.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #890: Jan 31, 2016 02:19:14 am
      ayre and FSG just really making us look cheap and petty to the world of football management.  it is a small world football is... once you start getting a rep for lowball offers, it makes dealing with clubs harder

also they are probbly thinking.  well you lot paid how much for benteke? fk off you lowballin bas**rds heh
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #891: Jan 31, 2016 04:33:02 am
      don't be so scared, we deal the normal way. we've signed shitloads of players for far less then what their people say in the media. our supporters moan and get scared and beg our men to "pay whatever the f**k they want" and bow to the might of such heavyweights as Southampton or Sevilla but we end up doing the deal for a great price and then the supporters move on to something else to complain about.

fact is the "football world" are much more inclined to see the gangster of Ukrane as a nut and difficult to deal with over us "lowballing" anyone. most sensible people understand 40 million pounds for Teixeira was pretty gigantic. i think only our supporters give this much disrespect to money, to be honest. and yes, i know city and chelsea exist but it's scary that our mentality is as bad as that given who we are and what we represent.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #892: Jan 31, 2016 05:49:43 am
      Is he going to be a massive improvement on the players we have in that position? Would he fire us to champions league football?

If the answers yes to these questions  then he's worth £50 million quid easy in my eyes.

Look at the players we've bought around the 25-30 million mark Carroll, llalana, Benteke, Firmino, Downing they haven't improved us greatly.

So I say pay whatever takes if he's going to fire us to the next level, and stop F***ing around with the likes of the mentioned above
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #893: Jan 31, 2016 07:03:20 am
      I think he is a damn good player
      Is he the answer to all our problems? No
      If I had the purse strings would I spend over 30 million on him when I know that there are numerous positions to improve upon with a limited budget? Probably not also.
      Do I trust klopp to do the the right thing and to have awareness of the summer transfer window and an overall squad change? Yes.
      Relax people.
      Trust the boss.
      Let's see where we by the end of the summer transfer window.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #894: Jan 31, 2016 12:14:32 pm

Same mistake repeated again and again....

Avoid at all costs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #895: Jan 31, 2016 12:49:54 pm
      I think he is a damn good player
      Is he the answer to all our problems? No
      If I had the purse strings would I spend over 30 million on him when I know that there are numerous positions to improve upon with a limited budget? Probably not also.
      Do I trust klopp to do the the right thing and to have awareness of the summer transfer window and an overall squad change? Yes.
      Relax people.
      Trust the boss.
      Let's see where we by the end of the summer transfer window.

The summer transfer window doesn't help us win trophies this season or get top four this season.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #896: Jan 31, 2016 12:52:45 pm
      Get the strong feeling this deal will happen

Quick Reply