Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Read 88364 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)
      Reply #920: Feb 01, 2016 09:59:26 am
      I'm sorry Crouch but £27m is low balling a club in January for their best attacking player with one of the best goal scoring records in Europe this season.

Remember City signed Fernandinho for £34 million from them in the Summer and he's rubbish so why would they sell Teixeira for less?

We should have offered £35 million take it or leave it instead of that embarrassing £24.7 million initial offer we made. As if Shaktar were ever going to accept that.

Agree. And their decision to sell Costa to Bayern for just £24 million has not gone down well with some of the members within their management. They are kinda extra ass-y now!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #921: Feb 01, 2016 10:00:04 am
      Maybe Jürgen was being honest when he said he's happy with the squad unless something came up?

Teixeira said he wants to leave, Jürgen wants him, we made a move but nothing happened.

The thing that me, you and the media are doing are speculating but no one really knows. No need to get any knickers twisted over information from a source that just wants to push sales and clicks on their website.

Not sure where I'm getting knickers twisted over the media, it's well known that we did make a bid so it's not like that's speculation. It's also well known that our bid was ridiculously below valuation and we also know that whether we've made inquiries or bids or whatever, we haven't signed anyone in this window to help us kick on which I think is ridiculous.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #922: Feb 01, 2016 10:02:24 am
      Just to add, didn't we sign a lad in January from Ajax who was their best player and scored 50 goals the season before for £23m?

And how many years ago was that? And wasn't it our record transfer at the time? The market has changed in England, everyone knows that clubs are flush with cash, hell even Newcastle was going to stump up 21m for Berahino......let that sink in......
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #923: Feb 01, 2016 10:12:00 am
      Not sure where I'm getting knickers twisted over the media, it's well known that we did make a bid so it's not like that's speculation. It's also well known that our bid was ridiculously below valuation and we also know that whether we've made inquiries or bids or whatever, we haven't signed anyone in this window to help us kick on which I think is ridiculous.

To you it might be ridiculous, to Jürgen he is just doing what he said he'd do - "Keep faith these players" :)

And how many years ago was that? And wasn't it our record transfer at the time? The market has changed in England, everyone knows that clubs are flush with cash, hell even Newcastle was going to stump up 21m for Berahino......let that sink in......

See what i mean?

Give a reason for something, and there'll be an attack from another angle.

I've got enough sunken in to my brain to be able to live easy without having to worry about things that we have very little idea about :)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #924: Feb 01, 2016 10:27:08 am

It wasn't a dig at you if that's what you thought, I'm just pointing out the terrible transfer record we have since FSG took over. It's not so much the player I'm arsed about, it's the way we conduct business. Always going in with a derisory low offer in relation to the asking price and never a Plan B.

Chelsea were interested in this lad but they too thought the fee was too much but unlike us, they had other targets they had looked at and decided to go for. As a result, they've gone out and addressed their failings this season while we've farted around with a deal we either should have concluded or walked away from to other targets.

The way we do business is shockingly amateurish and after five years, simply not good enough.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #925: Feb 01, 2016 11:02:54 am
      Chelsea were interested in this lad but they too thought the fee was too much but unlike us, they had other targets they had looked at and decided to go for. As a result, they've gone out and addressed their failings this season while we've farted around with a deal we either should have concluded or walked away from to other targets.

You mean Pato?

The lad who has been shopped to everyone and rejected by almost everyone until now? The injury prone striker who has struggled in Brazil? The one who was at a club that wanted to get rid of him desperately according to their owner?

If anything, Chelsea have done something we have seen criticised about our own committee/money men for the past couple of seasons.

Not absolving blame of anyone or even implying there is blame at anyone's direction, but Chelsea have not addressed their problems this window and taken a massive gamble. They still need a defender, a midfielder and pretty much anyone to try and relieve some pressure on Willian who has been their only shining light this season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #926: Feb 01, 2016 11:13:13 am
      They didn't pay £34m for him and he's not exactly rubbish. He's been a very good player for Man City on the whole. Not sure what Fernandinho you've been watching.

You're right it was £30 mill.

Still rather have the Welsh Pirlo for £15 mill  :P
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #927: Feb 01, 2016 11:55:24 am
      In some respects I say fair play to Shaktar  ???
      We've had this done to us, player comes out and pisses and moans, say's he wants to go somewhere so he can be successful, fans get upset at him, adds to pressure to sell as well, as possible negative impact on the transfer fee for the selling club, and he eventually gets his way.
      Us being the benificiaries can see the other side of the fence, but hard as it can be I think a lot more players should be put back in their boxes cause this kinda behaviour (coming out on social media etc trying to get away) is disrespectful to teammates, players, fans and makes it too easy for players and their agents to weedle out of deals and go somewhere, most of the time just for the F***ing moolah.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #928: Feb 01, 2016 12:18:27 pm
      You mean Pato?

The lad who has been shopped to everyone and rejected by almost everyone until now? The injury prone striker who has struggled in Brazil? The one who was at a club that wanted to get rid of him desperately according to their owner?

If anything, Chelsea have done something we have seen criticised about our own committee/money men for the past couple of seasons.

Not absolving blame of anyone or even implying there is blame at anyone's direction, but Chelsea have not addressed their problems this window and taken a massive gamble. They still need a defender, a midfielder and pretty much anyone to try and relieve some pressure on Willian who has been their only shining light this season.

Mate, it's not about the player. In many respects it's not even about whether he's a success or a flop. No team has a 100% record in the transfer market, but it's the fact that they had secondary targets to go for, a Plan B. It's the fact they walked away from the deal while it was still early enough to pursue those other targets whilst we're still flogging a dead horse in our negotiations. It's the way we conduct our business that needs to be questioned. No matter how you look at the situation, we need goals and we're allowing a third window to pass us by without reinforcing the squad with a proven goal scorer. That, not the lack of money, is why we are short on success in recent years.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #929: Feb 01, 2016 12:20:49 pm
      Mate, it's not about the player. In many respects it's not even about whether he's a success or a flop. No team has a 100% record in the transfer market, but it's the fact that they had secondary targets to go for, a Plan B. It's the fact they walked away from the deal while it was still early enough to pursue those other targets whilst we're still flogging a dead horse in our negotiations. It's the way we conduct our business that needs to be questioned. No matter how you look at the situation, we need goals and we're allowing a third window to pass us by without reinforcing the squad with a proven goal scorer. That, not the lack of money, is why we are short on success in recent years.

I understand that but as i said before, Jürgen said nothing was going to happen unless it popped up.

Teixeira popped up but a deal couldn't be done.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #930: Feb 01, 2016 12:22:05 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #931: Feb 01, 2016 12:34:07 pm
      Shaktar have a particular greedy fat cat sat  on his litter tray shitting out demands here and there and one in particular is to take LFC for every f***in penny they can,

Texiera may well be up there in the scoring dept but at 26, is £27m real value, like most signings he'll be a gamble,  not all can hack the demands of the Epl,

It looks like the ceo of Shaktar's heels are firmly dug in and that's fine, he don't have to sell to anyone,  so F**k him, We target some one else and move on,

If no business is done today we just get on with things, do our best and all look forward to the summer exodus and perhaps a £80m+ warchest.

YNWA
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #932: Feb 01, 2016 12:55:04 pm
      "He wasn't value for money but we tried" stories incoming any moment now.

I'm astounded people actually believed we'd ever get this done. The club may or may not consider him 'worth' what they would have needed to pay but no one forced them to be so public about this.

Just like Konoplyanka this one. The same mistakes made from the same people involved, coincidence?

We may or may not go for him in the summer but I'd be astounded if we get him given summer won't be quite the same window of opportunity for us and more competition.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #933: Feb 01, 2016 01:39:07 pm
      It does call into question how we do our business.this isn't the first time we have gone for a player and got the numbers completely wrong.
      I doubt Jürgen was interested in his value and he would have given his consent to go for him but the end result we look like chumps. Not long left now in this window I would still nail Ayre to his desk until 11pm.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #934: Feb 01, 2016 01:44:48 pm
      I'm astounded people actually believed we'd ever get this done. The club may or may not consider him 'worth' what they would have needed to pay but no one forced them to be so public about this.

Who went public?

The player went public. He did an interview practically laying out the terms of the offer.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #935: Feb 01, 2016 01:50:42 pm
      Who went public?

The player went public. He did an interview practically laying out the terms of the offer.

There was a Guardian article and an Express article on the same night a few weeks back breaking this news.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #936: Feb 01, 2016 01:53:45 pm
      There was a Guardian article and an Express article on the same night a few weeks back breaking this news.

After Ian Ayre flew out to Orlando?

Hardly breaking news when the story is right in front of you.

They also said we'd go in with 2nd and 3rd bids which ended up being nonsense because the Shakhtar president or whatever he is said we made only one bid. Is that the credibility you're relying on from the Guardian?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #937: Feb 01, 2016 01:59:25 pm

It's the way we conduct our business that needs to be questioned. No matter how you look at the situation, we need goals and we're allowing a third window to pass us by without reinforcing the squad with a proven goal scorer. That, not the lack of money, is why we are short on success in recent years.

This all F***ing day.
      We have to hope upon hope upon hope that something will force a change in the next transfer window. This now is four F***ing years that this farcical conduct of faceless, half arsed negotiation in the transfer market goes on while the elite poach our star players and we buy potential or sh*te.

While the financiers juggle figures and speak of seasonal spending limits - which are of no concern to any of our supposed rivals - the manager is forced to field a virtual 'B' team for a competition which is acknowledged to be our best hope of retaining some credibility this term.

JWH&Co made the appropriate sound bites although less frequent now, about long term projects, paying the right money for targets, putting LFC back with the elite ''where it belongs'' etc F***ing etc; some would say JWH&Co are being rather economical with the truth while others would suggest they are liars who got the club for a song and restored it's viability destroyed by previous fraudsters.

All achieved of course with a loan from JWH&Co and the financial reward a world famous football club provides, JWH has stated that in spite of his consortium buying the club and him selling off portions to other investors he will not ''risk'' (this must be the only assumption) his own money in promoting his investment.

As times passes we have to ask ourselves when these economies with the truth began and if LFC is eventually transformed into a legal money laundering company.

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #938: Feb 01, 2016 02:02:44 pm
      After Ian Ayre flew out to Orlando?

Hardly breaking news when the story is right in front of you.

They also said we'd go in with 2nd and 3rd bids which ended up being nonsense because the Shakhtar president or whatever he is said we made only one bid. Is that the credibility you're relying on from the Guardian?

Joyce and Hunter are perfectly credible Liverpool sources.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #939: Feb 01, 2016 02:04:19 pm
      In some respects I say fair play to Shaktar  ???
      We've had this done to us, player comes out and pisses and moans, say's he wants to go somewhere so he can be successful, fans get upset at him, adds to pressure to sell as well, as possible negative impact on the transfer fee for the selling club, and he eventually gets his way.
      Us being the benificiaries can see the other side of the fence, but hard as it can be I think a lot more players should be put back in their boxes cause this kinda behaviour (coming out on social media etc trying to get away) is disrespectful to teammates, players, fans and makes it too easy for players and their agents to weedle out of deals and go somewhere, most of the time just for the f**king moolah.

Slightly different I'm sure..

I'm sure one of the Chairman's or managers (unsure) openly stated he'd been a "fantastic servant" to the club and recognised that it was time for him to move on and, that they'd basically help this happen so, at that point all parties were happy with the decision to sell him..
      I know that its not down to the player to value himself but I think he felt the valuation was intentionally too high which led to the offer being turned down from the club he wanted to play for.

Again, all parties were happy to sell so there was zero question of loyalty from the player?

luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #940: Feb 01, 2016 02:05:49 pm
      I'm sorry Crouch but £27m is low balling a club in January for their best attacking player with one of the best goal scoring records in Europe this season.

Remember City signed Fernandinho for £34 million from them in the Summer and he's rubbish so why would they sell Teixeira for less?

We should have offered £35 million take it or leave it instead of that embarrassing £24.7 million initial offer we made. As if Shaktar were ever going to accept that.

They sold their best player (Douglas Costa) in the summer to Bayern for €30 million.  No way is Teixeira better than Costa.  They aren't looking to move him right now and that is fine.   Not sure that means LFC should just keep throwing money at them in hopes they change their mind.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #941: Feb 01, 2016 02:11:23 pm
      So I just decided to pull up Klopp's transfer market history with Borussia Dortmund, I have skipped a lot of the summer moves and none of the winter moves, unless it was a youth player moving from their second team.

Summer Transfers:

Schmelzer 08/09
      Subotic 08/09
      Barios 08/09
      Grobkruetz 09/10
      Bender 09/10
      Hummels 09/10
      Kagawa 10/11
      Lewondowski 10/11
      Gotze 10/11
      Gundogan 11/12
      Reus 12/13
      Makthariyan 13/14
      Socratis 13/14
      Hoffman 13/14

Winter Transfers

Kevin Boateng (Loan) 08/09
      Leitner (brought in and set on loan) 10/11
      Sahin (loan) 12/13
      Jojic 13/14
      Friedrich (free) 13/14

Thats 5 players in 5 windows and 2 of them on loan, one on free, one brought in and sent back (Grujic). Jojic is the only player he brought in and spent 2.5M euros on, clearly meant to be a back up.

I think it is pretty obvious that Klopp doesn't take part in the winter panic. So may be the club is backing Klopp's decisions
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #942: Feb 01, 2016 02:49:06 pm
      Joyce and Hunter are perfectly credible Liverpool sources.

Yeah and they got it wrong it looks like?

Quick Reply