Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Read 87983 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)
      Reply #943: Feb 01, 2016 02:55:34 pm
      Yeah and they got it wrong it looks like?

I'm sure you know where you are going with this, but I don't follow.

The news of the bid is broken by a group of Liverpool journalists on the same night.

Suggests they were briefed.

That is going public in my book.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #944: Feb 01, 2016 03:01:19 pm
      After Ian Ayre flew out to Orlando?

Orlando? WE'RE SIGNING KAKA!!!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #945: Feb 01, 2016 03:01:33 pm
      I'm sure you know where you are going with this, but I don't follow.

The news of the bid is broken by a group of Liverpool journalists on the same night.

Suggests they were briefed.

That is going public in my book.

The same journalists whose words you are living off are the same ones who said 2nd and 3rd bids were being made (according to the Guardian who Hunter works for) but Shakhtar said only one bid was made, so how can we be making a 3rd bid?

As i said, living off the media and going by their word when their intent is to sell stories for clicks and newspaper sales is just getting your knickers in a twist for nothing. It's not worth it. 

You could work in media!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #946: Feb 01, 2016 03:06:33 pm
      The same journalists whose words you are living off are the same ones who said 2nd and 3rd bids were being made (according to the Guardian who Hunter works for) but Shakhtar said only one bid was made, so how can we be making a 3rd bid?

As i said, living off the media and going by their word when their intent is to sell stories for clicks and newspaper sales is just getting your knickers in a twist for nothing. It's not worth it. 

Out of interest, why are you taking Shakhtar's word for it?

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #947: Feb 01, 2016 03:09:57 pm
      Out of interest, why are you taking Shakhtar's word for it?

Because the player himself and an official from the club said we made a £27m bid. Can it get more direct from the source than that?

Why are you believing journalists when the answers are right in front of you?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #948: Feb 01, 2016 03:15:51 pm
      Because the player himself and an official from the club said we made a £27m bid. Can it get more direct from the source than that?

Why are you believing journalists when the answers are right in front of you?

I really don't understand what you are going on about. I am sure you think this is wonderfully persuasive but I'm baffled.

You questioned me on whether the club made it public.

I told you that when numerous Liverpool journalists report the same thing on the same night it suggests they were briefed.

That to me means the club made the bid public.

The rest is you arguing with me about stuff you seem go think is relevant over stuff you said.

Whether or not you believe the Shakhtar president or whether a journalist said a 2nd bid would be made is irrelevant to what you asked and I answered on.

But I appreciate it's frustrating when people have the temerity to not share exactly your opinion.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #949: Feb 01, 2016 03:26:43 pm
      I really don't understand what you are going on about. I am sure you think this is wonderfully persuasive but I'm baffled.

You questioned me on whether the club made it public.

I told you that when numerous Liverpool journalists report the same thing on the same night it suggests they were briefed.

That to me means the club made the bid public.

The rest is you arguing with me about stuff you seem go think is relevant over stuff you said.

Whether or not you believe the Shakhtar president or whether a journalist said a 2nd bid would be made is irrelevant to what you asked and I answered on.

But I appreciate it's frustrating when people have the temerity to not share exactly your opinion.

What? :D

The player had a 3 minute interview saying we made a €32m offer (£24m) which then was confirmed when the club said we made a £24m bid + £3m in add ons.

It's not my opinion, it's the words of the player and the club we are dealing with.

Am i not being clear?

EDIT: The video is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2PivFLsNJ4
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,613 posts | 752 
      Reply #950: Feb 01, 2016 03:27:20 pm
      Same mistake repeated again and again....

Avoid at all costs.

he 'suits our style' and can put the ball in the back of the net.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #951: Feb 01, 2016 03:30:46 pm
      What? :D

The player had a 3 minute interview saying we made a €32m offer (£24m) which then was confirmed when the club said we made a £24m bid + £3m in add ons.

It's not my opinion, it's the words of the player and the club we are dealing with.

Am i not being clear?

You are being clear. On a point only you are interested in.

Let's try again:

You questioned whether the club made it public.

I told you when the story broke it was from the reliable Liverpool sources on the same night.

Suggesting the club briefed them.

Therefore the club made it public.

The rest is relevant only in your mind and the timeline after that is only important to you.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #952: Feb 01, 2016 03:36:44 pm
      You are being clear. On a point only you are interested in.

Let's try again:

You questioned whether the club made it public.

I told you when the story broke it was from the reliable Liverpool sources on the same night.

Suggesting the club briefed them.

Therefore the club made it public.

The rest is relevant only in your mind and the timeline after that is only important to you.

And i said, the story "broke" because Ian was on his way to another country already and the "news" they "broke" thereafter proved to be wrong because the same journalists you're relying on are stating further bids were made when they were not, as communicated by the player himself and the club he plays for.

∴ The stories you refer to as "the club going public" end up being guesswork from journalists.

I hope that removes any further questions or queries you have :)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #953: Feb 01, 2016 03:40:59 pm
      And i said, the story "broke" because Ian was on his way to another country already and the "news" they "broke" thereafter proved to be wrong because the same journalists you're relying on are stating further bids were made when they were not, as communicated by the player himself and the club he plays for.

∴ The stories you refer to as "the club going public" end up being guesswork from journalists.

I hope that removes any further questions or queries you have :)

This is going to go round in circles.

I now understand you reasoning even if I don't accept it. Let's move on.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #954: Feb 01, 2016 04:56:16 pm
      I think it is pretty obvious that Klopp doesn't take part in the winter panic. So may be the club is backing Klopp's decisions

Klopp doesn't take part in the winter panic. Agreed
      So maybe the club is backing Klopp's decisions. Agreed

Now at the risk of sounding like Tom Cruise in 'A Few Good Men' I have one question.
      If Klopp doesn't take part in the winter panic, has the final say on transfers and the club are backing him who the hell sanctioned the initial bid?

grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #955: Feb 01, 2016 05:01:19 pm
      Klopp doesn't take part in the winter panic. Agreed
      So maybe the club is backing Klopp's decisions. Agreed

Now at the risk of sounding like Tom Cruise in 'A Few Good Men' I have one question.
      If Klopp doesn't take part in the winter panic, has the final say on transfers and the club are backing him who the hell sanctioned the initial bid?

He also always said, that we will keep our eyes open if something appears and Teixeira was that something, it was always a bonus if it happened. It didn't so be it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #956: Feb 01, 2016 05:21:03 pm
      He also always said, that we will keep our eyes open if something appears and Teixeira was that something, it was always a bonus if it happened. It didn't so be it.

All sounds very approximate.
      Leads to the question of why the F**k did we even enquire about a player who wasn't even in the market place.
      ''Keep our eyes open''??
      Someone is taking the piss.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #957: Feb 01, 2016 05:26:21 pm
      All sounds very approximate.
      Leads to the question of why the F**k did we even enquire about a player who wasn't even in the market place.
      ''Keep our eyes open''??
      Someone is taking the piss.

Because he said he wants to leave in January. He said that before we lodged our bid.

Am i imagining this stuff happening or are other people not bothered to look things up before commenting?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #958: Feb 01, 2016 05:33:00 pm
      Because he said he wants to leave in January. He said that before we lodged our bid.

Am i imagining this stuff happening or are other people not bothered to look things up before commenting?

What the player said and actual events could not be more different, it seems those concerned in the deal did not ''look things up'' before embarrassing the club again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #959: Feb 01, 2016 05:44:39 pm
      What the player said and actual events could not be more different, it seems those concerned in the deal did not ''look things up'' before embarrassing the club again.

He said he wanted to leave, we tried, they didn't want to sell, it happens.

What else could the club have looked up prior to negotiating with them?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,709 posts | 895 
      Reply #960: Feb 01, 2016 06:00:56 pm

I am one of those who said that they are asking for too much and we should wait until summer, but i have to admit that our club could have handled the situation a bit better.
      Like not contacting the player and agreeing the term with the player when we havent agreed the fee with the club. We made the impression on everybody that its just matter of time, including the player himself. He was giving interviews and taking pics with Liverpool fans in US.

If we had waited until agreeing the fee with the club before contacting Alex, then maybe their owner wouldnt have been so pissed because he seemed pissed from the interview he gave to SSN.
      Alex could also feel betrayed by us, so if we are going to bid for him in the summer and their is another club involved. This saga could bite us in the ass.

Wasnt the liverpool way, being quiet until the deal is done? now everybody is disappointed. the fans, Alex and their owner is pissed and its not like Alex is the last player shaktar will ever have, who we are interested in

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,610 posts | 7142 
      Reply #961: Feb 01, 2016 06:06:07 pm
      Next time it may be an idea to find out how much a player is before we go on a Jolly to the States.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #962: Feb 01, 2016 06:35:52 pm
      After Ian Ayre flew out to Orlando?

Hardly breaking news when the story is right in front of you.

They also said we'd go in with 2nd and 3rd bids which ended up being nonsense because the Shakhtar president or whatever he is said we made only one bid. Is that the credibility you're relying on from the Guardian?

ESPN Brasil said we were going in with a second bid and would likely get the deal done, not the Guardian or Express. What has been reported by credible sources (the Echo) is that negotiations have continued after Ayre flew back to the UK.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #963: Feb 01, 2016 07:35:49 pm
      Who gives a sh*t it ain't happening, why the fck leak stuff like this when surely they should have known it was doomed to failure , I'd rather hear fck all till its in the bag than all the sh*t we get these days  move on folks.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #964: Feb 01, 2016 08:05:30 pm

The player has an agent who would have told of the club's reluctance to sell, it is inconceivable Ayre did not approach anyone in an official capacity at Shakhtar Donetsk to ascertain if a mutually acceptable deal was doable.
      Ayre is consistent if nothing else, obviously his failure to do what he is paid for is acceptable to his employers.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #965: Feb 01, 2016 08:10:11 pm
      Who gives a sh*t it ain't happening, why the fck leak stuff like this when surely they should have known it was doomed to failure , I'd rather hear fck all till its in the bag than all the sh*t we get these days  move on folks.

It gives the impression the TC are doing something positive.

Quick Reply