Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      8 (4.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      7 (4.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      101 (61.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      39 (23.8%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Steven Caulker
      4 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2016 03:07:41 pm

Norwich 4-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chest Problems

Read 37703 times
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 91 
      Re: Norwich 4-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #989: Jan 23, 2016 06:42:00 pm
      Big Mick
      I don't know how to paste your quote in but that is a spot on Assessment and marks out of 10.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #990: Jan 23, 2016 06:44:59 pm
      Brilliant and shocking sums up our season today.

Terrible defending again, as klopp said rubbish !!! 

But superb spirit to get back ahead after going 3-1 down, and then after 4-4 to go up the park and score again.

Shades of the 2013-14 season.

Klopp made a really good observation noting that we defended the first phase of set pieces really well but it was the second phase where we just collapsed because we weren't advancing out or attacking the second ball giving Norwich free reign to punt it in again. As he said, it's mentality where we're staying back because we have no trust in ourselves that the danger is clear giving us a false sense of security as the danger is only increasing if we're not advancing in the second phase.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #991: Jan 23, 2016 07:03:07 pm
      It's all well and good saying about how it's good we came from 3-1 down and I agree completely that I don't think we would have turned it around not so long ago. However, the point remains, we should never have gone 3-1 down in the first place.

Bang on.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #992: Jan 23, 2016 07:04:51 pm
      the positives are that we kept going and got the win which showed good character

the negatives are too long to list
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #993: Jan 23, 2016 07:21:50 pm
      Really hard to choose motm for me, it was between Firmino and Adam, gave it to Adam because he had one assist and one late winner.

Could have gone either way.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #994: Jan 23, 2016 07:26:26 pm
      Just seen our the league table. We're still 8 points behind 4th and our GD is -2 (wtf ???) Could do with a run of wins sometime very soon!

Going to enjoy this funny result until the Stoke game in midweek though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #995: Jan 23, 2016 07:30:51 pm
      Just seen our the league table. We're still 8 points behind 4th and our GD is -2 (wtf ???) Could do with a run of wins sometime very soon!

Going to enjoy this funny result until the Stoke game in midweek though.

Made ground on the Scum, City and West Ham though while moving up a couple of places also.

As you say put 4 or 5 wins back to back and we'll be right in the mix for 4th.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #996: Jan 23, 2016 07:35:53 pm
      It's all well and good saying about how it's good we came from 3-1 down and I agree completely that I don't think we would have turned it around not so long ago. However, the point remains, we should never have gone 3-1 down in the first place.

Well obviously we should not have gone 3-1 down, but the fact remains we did, and fought back and got the result.
      Don't know how many more matches like this we have to go through, hopefully not too many, before we turn the corner.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #997: Jan 23, 2016 07:42:56 pm

Well obviously we should not have gone 3-1 down, but the fact remains we did, and fought back and got the result.
      Don't know how many more matches like this we have to go through, hopefully not too many, before we turn the corner.

Exactly.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #998: Jan 23, 2016 07:46:52 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #999: Jan 23, 2016 07:58:09 pm

exactly the point is they never stopped trying and we haven't been able to say that for such a longtime.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1000: Jan 23, 2016 08:16:33 pm
      I'm guesing Sky Sports don't want to promote BT Sport in anyway as they've chosen the Palace - Spurs game as game of the day :D
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1001: Jan 23, 2016 08:21:23 pm
      Dear oh Dear...We don't make it easy for ourselves do we...

I truly believe if Milner had've stuck that chance away in the first half one on one to make it 2-0 they would have crumbled in to Delia's pudding..

I don't think i've ever seen a game with so many throw ins.. seemed to be one every 30 seconds.. :roll:

We got the 3 points in the end,the very end and in this league that's all that matters..

5th goal celebration was ace !!... well that is something we do well isn't it.. Celebrate !! :)

Can't wait to see that tw*t Shearer's face on MOTD... and as for Michael Owen... he's an even bigger tw*t with a capitol T

If only we had've won last week... :mad:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #1002: Jan 23, 2016 08:27:30 pm
      I'm guesing Sky Sports don't want to promote BT Sport in anyway as they've chosen the Palace - Spurs game as game of the day :D

its pathetic isn't it but they don't show each others games
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1003: Jan 23, 2016 08:30:31 pm
      Still buzzing from today's match. Might not have been a game for the connoisseur, but I love games like that (but only if we win 'em). 

For a team that has no goals in it, we sometimes surprise ourselves. Can't be bothered assessing the game, just one of those you can sit back and enjoy watching the goals again on m.o.t.d.

Could have ruined my weekend but for Lallana.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1004: Jan 23, 2016 08:32:49 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #1005: Jan 23, 2016 08:34:17 pm
      To me most of that game felt a lot like the end of last season, when we had also just lost to the Mancs ( albeit, this year, unluckily imo), and when we basically just lost our will to fight and collapsed over the remaining games.

The fact that this time we (just) managed to turn it round and get the win could be psychologically huge for us because, had we not done so, the league would have been almost dead for us and we could really have been in a bad place with the rest of the league season stretching ahead of us and very little to play for ( and for that to have happened as the result of a pretty awful performance).

That win keeps us in the hunt for a European spot and also, hopefully, signals that, no matter what the situation, we won't just give up the way we did last year.

Whether it was really a case of showing character or not today I think is debatable. There were some strong elements in terms of character and some very weak elements. At the very least though, we've pulled ourselves out of the fire. Had we have thrown the 3 points away there, which it looked like we had, it would have been a massive blow to us I think.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #1006: Jan 23, 2016 08:36:14 pm
      Whats even more galling about Moreno penalty is the way he tried to make the first tackle they teach you at 8 not to tackle that way thick as Whaleskin that lad
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1007: Jan 23, 2016 08:37:14 pm
      To me most of that game felt a lot like the end of last season, when we had also just lost to the Mancs ( albeit, this year, unluckily imo), and when we basically just lost our will to fight and collapsed over the remaining games.

The fact that this time we (just) managed to turn it round and get the win could be psychologically huge for us because, had we not done so, the league would have been almost dead for us and we could really have been in a bad place with the rest of the league season stretching ahead of us and very little play for. That win keeps us in the hunt for a European spot and also, hopefully, signals that, no matter what the situation, we won't just give up the way we did last year.

Whether it was really a case of showing character or not today I think is debatable. There were some strong elements and some very weak elements. At the very least though, we've pulled ourselves out of the fire. Had we have thrown the 3 points away there, which it looked like we had, it would have been a massive blow to us I think.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1008: Jan 23, 2016 08:39:28 pm
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1009: Jan 23, 2016 08:39:32 pm
      First time Liverpool have come from two goals down to win a match in over seven years. October 5, 2008 against Manchester City.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #1010: Jan 23, 2016 08:42:29 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1011: Jan 23, 2016 08:43:04 pm
      It's all well and good saying about how it's good we came from 3-1 down and I agree completely that I don't think we would have turned it around not so long ago.

However, the point remains, we should never have gone 3-1 down in the first place.

Have to agree. 
      The Brendan Factor.

Quick Reply