Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      8 (4.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      7 (4.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      101 (61.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      39 (23.8%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Steven Caulker
      4 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2016 03:07:41 pm

Norwich 4-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chest Problems

Read 37707 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Re: Norwich 4-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #943: Jan 23, 2016 03:35:34 pm
      Think Toure was expecting Lallana to jump up with him and looked a bit disappointed to be brushed aside like an old Shoe because Lallana only had eyes for the Boss

They do seem to have a bit of a bromance going.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #944: Jan 23, 2016 03:38:36 pm
      They do seem to have a bit of a bromance going.

I did feel a pang of jealousy myself to be honest.
      I really hope the players now realise what they can do if they stick together and just do their jobs well
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #945: Jan 23, 2016 03:39:45 pm

New pair Boss :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #946: Jan 23, 2016 03:42:04 pm
      Klopp: "I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!"

HAHAHAHAHA :lmao:

Hahahahaha!!!

Awesome, top quality that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #947: Jan 23, 2016 03:43:10 pm
      Strange how Owen and the rest had said not playing with a striker is bonkers and Firmino isn't good enough to be a striker yet 5 goals scored by midfielders and I think Firmino has scored 4 in 5 when starting as a striker
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #948: Jan 23, 2016 03:46:34 pm
      Strange how Owen and the rest had said not playing with a striker is bonkers and Firmino isn't good enough to be a striker yet 5 goals scored by midfielders and I think Firmino has scored 4 in 5 when starting as a striker

Moral of the story is Michael Owen is a F***ing moron.

So many people slagging Firmino from outside the club (media) and he keeps shutting them up recently.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #949: Jan 23, 2016 03:48:49 pm
      Moral of the story is Michael Owen is a F***ing moron.

So many people slagging Firmino from outside the club (media) and he keeps shutting them up recently.

It's so annoying seeing my childhood hero turn out to be a bit of a bell end :D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #950: Jan 23, 2016 03:49:12 pm
      Moral of the story is Michael Owen is a f**king moron.

I remember Luis couldn't hit a barn door for Kenny  I can see this lad doing well next year but I think he lacks bite
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #951: Jan 23, 2016 03:49:43 pm
      It's so annoying seeing my childhood hero turn out to be a bit of a bell end :D

never even commented when he scored the goals either.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #952: Jan 23, 2016 03:52:21 pm
      I remember Luis couldn't hit a barn door for Kenny  I can see this lad doing well next year but I think he lacks bite

Yeah agree, mate. Has the ability but still a bit soft. Hopefully it will come in time and he develops a bit of - for lack of a better word - "bite" :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #953: Jan 23, 2016 03:54:10 pm

Add to the fact he was the only attacking player who showed some intent and movement against Man Utd. 4 goals in the last here games for Firm - keep it up!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #954: Jan 23, 2016 03:54:24 pm

Haha brilliant

Klopp: "I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!"

HAHAHAHAHA :lmao:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #955: Jan 23, 2016 03:56:27 pm
      Sorry mate for the gesture, I will hold my hand up and apologise.  :giveup:

But I think that we have the right to celebrate this win.

Of course we do mate I was jumping up and down the room, my point was long after the game had finished it looked like we were about to do a lap of honour.

Anyway I loved Klopps celebrations with the 5th goal which reckon it will be quickly forgotten by Klopp because that defending was worse than woeful.
      Moreno might have a sore ear in the morning  :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #956: Jan 23, 2016 03:58:22 pm

I see what you did there.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #957: Jan 23, 2016 04:00:20 pm
      What a game. Firmino and Lallana played well. The rest was pretty diabolical.
      Over the moon with 3 points, we showed guts.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #958: Jan 23, 2016 04:03:32 pm
      Of course we do mate I was jumping up and down the room, my point was long after the game had finished it looked like we were about to do a lap of honour.

Anyway I loved Klopps celebrations with the 5th goal which reckon it will be quickly forgotten by Klopp because that defending was worse than woeful.
      Moreno might have a sore ear in the morning  :D

Sorry again mate. I understand now that I'm calmed down but emotions were very high.

Enjoy the weekend mate. YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #959: Jan 23, 2016 04:05:13 pm
      Firmino,Lucas,Lallana, deserve credit but today Moreno was shockingly bad and Toure and Sakho looked like they had just met each other. Clyne did ok but Can gave the ball away far too many times. I thought Ibe was our only threat out wide but taking him off changed the game. ~If we ever get a Goalie and defence worth mentioning we could do some damage in this league
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,885 posts | 704 
      Reply #960: Jan 23, 2016 04:08:36 pm
      Needed the win so much. It didn't matter what score, just win the game by hook or by crook, which we did.

The goal by Hendo got us back in it and turned the whole game. Another 5 or 10 minutes without it and it would have been another sob story out on the pitch, it had been ever since they equalised.

Credit to Klopp for bringing Lallana on. Responsibility to Klopp for settling for 4-3 instantly after we took the lead. He knows what our defence is like, and it was inevitable we were going to pay for it. We should have tried to get another to wrap it up before injury time. In the end, we had to get another anyway. No issue with the goal celebrations, albeit I thought the celebrations at the end were a tad ott, it is Norwich away after all. Just relieved we got over the line, and we move on.

We're finished with them for the season, and they're seriously stubborn opposition to face. They'll beat the drop comfortably, there's still 15 games to go and there's much worse sides below them. They've got the mancs in their last home game too. Another couple of wins and they'll be fine.

I guess we're first on MOTD so.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #961: Jan 23, 2016 04:08:43 pm
      So poor for most of it, yet won in the end.

Most of it was completely unacceptable and there are huge question marks over most of the squad, Sakho was particularly awful today. Still it's about him we stopped folding in games when we are struggling, happy about that.

Good feeling when Lallana scored but overall they got the only acceptable result for a Liverpool side playing Norwich.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #962: Jan 23, 2016 04:08:53 pm
      What a game. Amazing performance by Lallana and Firmino scored two amazing goals. The usual suspects were their mediocre self. A win like this can surely kick off our campaign. COYR!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #963: Jan 23, 2016 04:11:05 pm
      Incredible game and I can't get my head around people saying we "over celebrated". I just don't get that. Anyway, my ratings:

Mignolet: Awful. HAS to save the Naysmith one, I thought he should have got the first too. Even the penalty was sh!te and on a good day he'd have saved Bassongs too. 3/10.

Moreno: Have we ever had a player who lacks basic intelligence to quite the same level? The penalty concession was utterly unbelievable, even by Albert's standards. 3/10.

Sakho: Still on his way back from injury so we can forgive his indecisive first half. Got a bit better, but still no great. 4/10.

Toure: To be fair his body is no longer designed to be playing every week. i actually think he's doing pretty well. 5/10.

Clyne: Seems to have developed a kamikazi atack at all costs side to his game. Nice pass for Hendersons goal, but needs to remember IMHO he is actually a defender, and a pretty good one at that. 5/10.

Can: Won tackles which led to the last two goals, but in truth bitterly disappointing on the day. When he's bad he is absolutely brutal, and today was one of those days. 3/10.

Lucas: At fault for Naismiths goal, but other than that I thought he was absolutely outstanding. Surrounded by dross he was IMHO our only player who really held it together and our MOM. 8/10.

Henderson: Good goal and a couple of raking passes, but in truth still flatters to deceive too much for my liking. He's in the team on merit, but would he in all honesty get into some of the better teams in the league? Possibly, but he'd need to make this goal nowhere near the rare occurrence that it was. 6/10.

Milner: As usual came in for loads of unwarranted criticism, but made the first goal with a sweet little assist before getting the fourth himself with a neat finish. "Plodded" around the pitch with plenty of urgency, putting in tackles, winning headers and playing important little passes. I know one goal and one assist with the pass of the match still means he played sh!t in many peoples eyes, but I thought he was definitely one of our better performers. 7/10.   

Ibe: What a player this boy is going to be. Can go off both feet, has pace, power and trickery as well as a good shot. Had the sulk on when he got brought off and I like that too. I said in the match thread he reminds me of John Barnes when he was at Watford, those old enough to remember him will know what a big claim that is. I stand by it. 6/10.

Firmino. Two goals and some excellent work, Roberto is beginning to show the type of player he can be. Sh!t out of the challenge with the goalkeeper, otherwise he may have got the MOM off me. 8/10.

Subs:

Benteke. Not really on long enough for much to happen for him, but from the looks of things his performance would have mirrored his recent ones, not great. 4/10.

Lallana: A winning goal and an assist. It's only fair having slagged him off to say that Adams introduction won us the game (well done boss), and he must know that that's the sort of thing he should be doing regularly. 7/10

Caulker: Thought he was poor for their fourth before making a decisive contribution for our fifth. Not bad for three minutes work. 5/10.

The boss: Unreal celebrations, but from seeing him after and during the game I'm sure he won't lose sight of the fact that was essentially an extremely poor performance. Good subs though and a win, so 8/10.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #964: Jan 23, 2016 04:11:45 pm
      What a game. Amazing performance by Lallana and Firmino scored two amazing goals. The usual suspects were their mediocre self. A win like this can surely kick off our campaign. COYR!

if we can take those positive thoughts  into the game against Stoke we will be going back to Wembley and there are plenty of areas for Jürgen to run amock there
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #965: Jan 23, 2016 04:17:17 pm
      I am doing this for the first time and I am going trying to keep it a bit positive ::):

Mignolet: 4 goals let in surprisingly he wasn't really at fault for any of them, may be he could have stopped the second one but that expecting too much from him. (5)

Clyne: Safe while defending, none of their four goals began on his side, got a ball in for Henderson's goal, it's good to see him contribute up the pitch. (6)

Toure: Being our 5th choice CB he did better than arguably our first choice CB and they were both pretty horrible today, after a few half decent games our CBs are back to same thing. (5)

Sakho: Involved in their first and fourth goal. Doesn't even bother going up for the header, he is so obsessed with chesting it down and playing once. Don't if that is over confidence in his ability to trap and play or lack of confidence in his ability to go up and challenge for the header. Either way just not good enough today, I like you Mama, but this was his worst performance in a red shirt. (3)

Moreno: It seems to me have traded in Glen Johnson for a faster and stupider version on the other flank. He has an engine and can penetrate when attacking but I can he has has the lowest IQ of the whole squad. Was involved in the first goal with that first ball to Milner.  (3)

Lucas: May be he needs to have a word with Mama, kept it simple and effective. Win a challenge play the safest ball out. Voice of reason in an otherwise chaotic defensive line. (6.5)

Henderson: Was no where to be seen in the first half, but clearly made an effort to lead from the front in the second. Made a run into the box and took his chance brilliantly. (6)

Can: He is a mystery just when I am about to give up on him, he comes back and gives me hope. That second goal, I noticed he was too eager to be the outlet and was side stepping forward expecting Toure to win the ball and play it to him, and just lost his man in that moment. He was shocking from there on till the last 20 minutes when he decided to randomly wake up. I think he is better when he plays instinctive football rather try to think it through. Got involved in both our go ahead goals with a cross and a good challenge. (6.5)

Ibe: Definitely wasn't the worst player before he got subbed. He had an ok game better than his recent efforts, beat his man a few times and played some good passes. (6)

Milner: There were times when he was the only one hustling, missed a good chance in the first but made up with a composed finish. (7)

Firminho: This lad has finally decided to show up, really hope he keeps going from here on, 2 goals and an assist and most importantly a ton of tracking back, really showcased his abilities today. (9)

Subs:

Lallana: His best game of the season, a goal and an assist that will shut us up now  won't it. We looked a different side after he came on, credit where it's due, but I won't be surprised if he is back to his normal sh*te next week, hopefully he kicks on. (8 )

Benteke: Won a few more headers then last time, player a few decent passes, atleast he understood the urgency of the situation but once again nothing in box at all. (5)

Caulker: He won the header of Can's pass for the 5th, that is good enough for me, no one else seems to be doing it. Some over here have wrongly blamed him for not going up for the 5th, Sakho and Milner I think were both positioning to jump the header so he blocked a lane and tried to block the shot. Another cameo with no mistakes, which seems to be an accomplishment for our defenders these days. (5)

Boss:

Klopp: Brilliant subs, probably a brilliant half time talk and brilliant celebrations. He is fixing deeper issues than just tactics. He is bringing back passion, belief and attitude to never give up. (10)

Game of the season ! 

Quick Reply