Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      30 (38%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      3 (3.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (1.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      4 (5.1%)
      Emre Can
      5 (6.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.8%)
      James Milner
      7 (8.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.3%)
      Christian Benteke
      3 (3.8%)
      Joe Allen
      13 (16.5%)
      Joao Teixeira
      7 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Feb 06, 2016 09:50:26 pm

Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate

Read 35301 times
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Re: Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #782: Feb 03, 2016 12:52:06 am
      i'm so pissed off with the poor attitude from all the liverpool players for the past 18-24 months.

yes there has been glimpses of form and a couple of half decent performances, but the majority of the time they are playing below standard individually and defiantly as a team.

Klopp needs to address the issue head on - starting from Ian Ayre and his merry men, to Balotelli and Benteke and theyre lack of desire to get into the oppositions box

Leicester took full advantage of our inability to defend and did not have to do much to win the match.

i cant think of a save that they had to make, a last ditch block or tackle anything.

come on lads - wheres your bloody pride.

craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #783: Feb 03, 2016 12:54:35 am
      CL is just a fashion parade for prima donna footballers these days. With the odd exception, they're a bunch of cheating, diving, feigning wankers. They all even look the same. Same hair, tattoos, coloured boots. Not a man among them. The likes of Souness would have had a field day with these girls in the middle of the park.

People can say what they want about Souness but he has my respect more than most modern day footballers
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #784: Feb 03, 2016 01:47:40 am
      There's no two ways about it, and if this doesn't convince you nothing will. There needs to be a sea change at our club, not just with the playing squad but the transfer committee personnel, Ayre and Gordon's involvement in contract negotiation, the policy that by and large favours unproven potential over experience unless that experience is at the end of their career and comes on a free. There needs to be a change in attitude and that starts at the top and works its way down through the club. We're the ninth richest club in the world yet continue to operate like a Mickey Mouse outfit.

It's inexcusable that ticket prices are going in one direction whilst performances are going in the opposite one. January was the place and time to begin the rebuilding process, to start balancing the squad and addressing its shortcomings but instead we sat on our arses, sent Ayre on a jolly to Florida with no Plan B in place again. This has to stop. I am thankful to FSG for bailing us out of the sh*t when we needed it but we're actually going backwards under their ownership. If performances throughout the club don't improve soon, we really will be consigned to the annuls of history.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #785: Feb 03, 2016 02:52:21 am
      The only thing I'm looking forward to is going home and pressing the f**king delete button of the recording of that game.

Pure sh*t that was, f**king diabolical.

Same sh*t, week in week out...get the ball take it up field, nothing happens, comes back down, looks like we are going to concede, scramble it away, take up field, shoot into Row Z or take a f**king sh*t corner that eventuates to nothing, they take it down and score and we are left f**king miserable. No heart, no passion, no willingness to change anything.

F***ing embarrassing but we come back next game hoping something changes and it just doesn't.

Once we get our strikers fit, if that happens. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLAY 2 F***ing STRIKERS.

Two strikers fit at the same time? Are you having a laugh?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #786: Feb 03, 2016 03:45:28 am
      sh*t. Boring. And predictable.

Like our transfer window.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #787: Feb 03, 2016 06:30:14 am
      Performances and results have been poor for a long time now, we just found a way of sneaking positive outcomes. 5-4 v Norwich, losing on the day v Stoke and staying in the cup v West Ham. Well theres nowhere to hide now, and we have been found out for what we are.

Just look through our starting line up and compare it to most other premier league sides. We are where we deserve to be.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #788: Feb 03, 2016 06:45:06 am
      I think Leicester wanted it more than we did and they had the belief that if they got the chance they would score. We seemed to believe that unless we put the ball on a plate there was just no point shooting.

Too many wrong decisions, too many players playing who's form has been questionable for a while and too many games too close together to match Leicester's ferocious energy when it mattered.

The Man Citeh performance now seems a distant memory as we stumble and fumble our way through games.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #789: Feb 03, 2016 06:48:59 am
      I think Leicester wanted it more than we did and they had the belief that if they got the chance they would score. We seemed to believe that unless we put the ball on a plate there was just no point shooting.

Too many wrong decisions, too many players playing who's form has been questionable for a while and too many games too close together to match Leicester's ferocious energy when it mattered.

The Man Citeh performance now seems a distant memory as we stumble and fumble our way through games.

That performance was the exception mate, the Leicester one is the norm.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #790: Feb 03, 2016 07:19:45 am
      On the face of it there is no shame in losing to the league leaders.  But - Lovren cost the same as their team (our line up cost approx eight times theirs according to commentary), we had two thirds of the possession but never really threatened and we played the same team a few weeks ago and beat them fairly comfortably.

Not making excuses, but our injury situation is affecting us too much - particularly up front, where Norwich aside, we are not looking like scoring.  Too many players are out or playing without being 100% to really expect much more at the moment.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #791: Feb 03, 2016 07:35:37 am
      Two strikers fit at the same time? Are you having a laugh?
      We have one fit plying his trade in Serie A  ;)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #792: Feb 03, 2016 07:47:45 am
      The quality just isn't there. Simple as that.

The club must be ruthless in the summer and get rid of all the deadwood, even if some players ocassionaly are making a good game, that is the exception, the rule is that they are crap.

We need to get rid of the following players if we want to achieve something in the near future and not waste another year: Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Enrique, Skrtel, Allen, Lallana, Milner, Benteke, Balotelli, Toure, Mignolet, Sturridge, Ibe, Ilori.

The only players who can do a job here and can improve in the future: Clyne, Flanagan, Gomez, Lucas, Henderson (barely), Can, Coutinho, Firmino, Ings, Markovic, Origi.

And we need a new captain, a player who can be a leader.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #793: Feb 03, 2016 08:05:08 am
      The lads really need to pull their fingers out, I'm dropping like a fly in the prediction league.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #794: Feb 03, 2016 08:13:19 am
      CL is just a fashion parade for prima donna footballers these days. With the odd exception, they're a bunch of cheating, diving, feigning wankers. They all even look the same. Same hair, tattoos, coloured boots. Not a man among them. The likes of Souness would have had a field day with these girls in the middle of the park.

And get sent off every game   :D
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #795: Feb 03, 2016 08:17:12 am
      Should we even vote for the man of the match???
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #796: Feb 03, 2016 08:20:39 am
      Rubbish from a lot of players last night. I was struggling for MOTM tbh. tos up between Mings & Milner. Apart from that rest were piss poor.

Maybe time to start some of the cup lads in league games.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #797: Feb 03, 2016 08:25:37 am
      The lads really need to pull their fingers out, I'm dropping like a fly in the prediction league.

Muppet, who gives a fig about your prediction league.  :mad:
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #798: Feb 03, 2016 08:41:21 am
      Oh yeah,they really should,they must be gutted for letting you down...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #799: Feb 03, 2016 08:44:42 am
      Midfield is a massive problem area for us, not any inspiration, vision, authority or creativity in there. No one who will bring the ball forward or look up for a forward pass.

The only bright spark in the entire club is Jürgen Klopp, the rest could be fu**ed off tomorrow, from the boardroom to the scouting system to the players, and would anyone give a sh*t?
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #800: Feb 03, 2016 09:02:37 am

Muppet, who gives a fig about your prediction league.  :mad:

I think that's what is called humour, ( federer's post) it's what keeps some of us going at the minute!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #801: Feb 03, 2016 09:06:39 am
      Beaten by a better team....simples
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #802: Feb 03, 2016 09:14:52 am
      Should we even vote for the man of the match???

I did not and have no intension to, sometimes I wonder who of most the squad give a f*ck about our club, and do not give a sh*t were we finish , as long as the paycheck arrives in time

an example of high earners does not always give you results, commitment and hungry for those results DOES
       yearly wages of PL clubs
      NO# CLUB            2013-14       2014-15       2015-16
      5      Liverpool       Â£140m         Â£144m         Â£152m

17    Leicester C     -------          £36.6m         Â£48.2m

YNWA
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #803: Feb 03, 2016 09:24:07 am
      I think it was awful decision making at times when we were in good positions in the first half to effect the match somehow, and once again our defensive fragility cost us the game.
      There's no shame in losing to Leicester coz if they only managed to lose 2 league matches thus far, they rightly deserve to be top...if we had a chance of winning the league, no matter how slim, we would also appear as hungry and energetic as they did. They wanted it more than us last night and without the quality required to break them down, we were toothless to stop them.

The problem i have is that this has been the norm for our team thus far, show some passion and aggression and our players wilt...its gonna be interesting to see how we approach the matches against the relegation candidates considering how tight the league is.

While i agree that we need some more added quality, my main priority would be to get a leader installed asap. This squad has enough skill in them to get results on the day against anybody, but they lack the heart and steel required to dig deep when confronted with a determined opponent. (How we all wish for a Gerrard right now).

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #804: Feb 03, 2016 09:36:44 am
      I think that's what is called humour, ( federer's post) it's what keeps some of us going at the minute!

Yes you are probably right, apologies to Federer. Obviously I am not seeing the wood for the trees as they say.
      All the dross we are watching is clouding my judgement.
      Be glad when this season is done, but something tells me although next season will be better, it's still going to take time.

Quick Reply